Maintenance for the week of June 1:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 2, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

Swamp Rescuer Bugged

mApplinator
mApplinator
✭✭✭
I've been trying to chip away at this achievement and it *felt* bugged. Today I snagged some evidence. Basically the NPCs are spawning and not counting towards their respective 'ticks'. Not sure if they're mis-labelled or just not counting at all.

My achievement progress before the encounter (with the encounter in the background)
fchc2dh6khdp.jpg

The NPC name (clearly "Root-House")
l1zovizj7fsg.png

My achievement afterwards (Root-House still not ticked)
o6hwmbjoexz4.jpg

It's frustrating enough trying to get these RNG achievements when they're working correctly. ZOS please help!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done this achievement yet, gonna check if it bugs out when next in Murkmire--hope it gets sorted for you @mApplinator.
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    DC Bastiene - Breton Templar - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Prefect ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Blackrose Executioner ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that)
    AD Ashayam - Khajiit Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sydhe Narjes - Redguard Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Eva Saint Claire - Breton Warden - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?
    EP Moiranni Deyr - Dunmer Dragonknight - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Anur Imagua - Redguard Templar - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    AD Azoke Sen - Imperial Sorcerer - Tank ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sàverin - Orc Warden - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Zuwane Okoye - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Telella - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The more the merrier ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Dro-m'athra Destroyer
    DC Mal the Ghost Whisperer - Orc Necromancer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Riad Phoenix-Song - Breton Necromancer - Healer

PC/EU CP750

AD Ariadne Nearil - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Máyim - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Surjan - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror

vSO HM · vAA HM · vHRC HM · vMOL HM · vHOF HM · vAS HM · vCR HM · vSS HM· vDSA · vBRP

It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this happened to me as well. I saved a Bright-Throat villager and got credited for a Miredancer villager on one of my characters.
    PC NA | Victory or Valhalla | PC EU | Altmer sorcerer mains
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • kenyoni
    kenyoni
    Soul Shriven
    I am seeing this also. I know I have done several of these, but the only one recorded in my journal is "Root-House Villager" from a couple months ago. I just "rescued Miredancer Villager" but it is still greyed-out in my journal.

I'm betting this is related to this bug:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/452267/choixth-surreptitiously-shadowed-bug-rare

The same thing happens, I get the encounter with Choixth, but it's not logged in my journal so every time is always the "first time".

• Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged...
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absentia wrote: »
    Still bugged...

indeed it is.
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently 9 months later this hasnt been fixed? We are trying to do this achievement. Found a villager, rescued them, doesnt show ticked off in my achievements. just an update...

thanks...
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess what's still broken?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_SarahHecker

I don't know who needs to know, but it's been literally years and this is still not fixed. Clearly not game breaking, but not cool.

rip decibel
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I FINALLY got the last one during the Murkmire event, and I started playing the day that DLC came out.

They spawn infrequently enough to make this achievement frustrating on its own, but to have it bugged is so much worse.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP

PS4/ NA

• JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, still bugged. Rescued the Dead-Water villagers and didn't get credit.

@ZOS_GinaBruno any word on this?
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP1100+

Jo'farahn-dar
    - Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, Vampire, AD

Vanryth Serethi
    - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight, Vampire, EP

Mazorn gro-Urzoth
    - Orc Stamina Sorcerer, Werewolf, DC

Ixtah-Rei
    - Argonian Magicka Warden, Vampire, AD
  • Hans_58
    Hans_58
    still bugged I can't even find the characters
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming back to say this happened to me again. Saved a couple of Bright-Throat villagers but was credited with Dead-Water villagers.
    PC NA | Victory or Valhalla | PC EU | Altmer sorcerer mains
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Munkfist
    Munkfist
    ✭✭✭
    Figured I'd toss a refresher in here since I've been running into this issue all week. I've saved the Root-House villager 6 times now, regardless that he's been named after other tribes. Very frustrating and never a response from Zos. Even an acknowledgement would be nice.

Lost track of exactly how long I've been working on this achievement, but it's been months in the works.
    @Munkfist PC-NA
    Coldharbour Surreal Estate Guildhall - Feel free to use!
  • Linwen
    Linwen
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue. :/

I wonder maybe ZOS (@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_SarahHecker) are really busy with the next chapter for now and will work on this once it's out. But, anyway, it's a pity they do seem like still haven't even noticed this thread.

Looking forward to finally resolving it and gaining the achievement!
    "I always wondered what a Daedric Prince read at bedtime." (Kireth Vanos)
  • Munkfist
    Munkfist
    ✭✭✭
    So, after hours upon hours, day after day, something clicked and it accepted the proper tribes. Hopefully it works out for you guys too!
    @Munkfist PC-NA
    Coldharbour Surreal Estate Guildhall - Feel free to use!
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    At least some you manage to find them even if they're bugged. I've been stuck with the same progression as the initial post for 2 months now. The only things I find at the spawn locations are swamp musk and ambush chests. In my opinion, this achievement, with the elder orcs in Orsinium and the argonian in Summerset are the worst type of content. Please zos, never do this again :(
    Edited by CristiC on May 20, 2020 9:57AM