Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Connect Your Homes with Portals (Today)

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
Many of you have asked for a way to provide your guests with easy transfers from one of your homes to another.

Now you can with Portal FX from Essential Housing Tools.

Steps:
- Add a Portal to any of your homes.
- Share your FX with your friends over Chat or Mail.
- And you're done... Guests can enter the portal and automatically travel to your second home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkZqjBvGk7w&feature=youtu.be

Essential Housing Tools | Get it if you don't got it. If you've got it... you get it.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's an FX?
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Many of you have asked for a way to provide your guests with easy transfers from one of your homes to another.

Steps:
    - And you're done... Guests can enter the portal and automatically travel to your second home.

Essential Housing Tools | Get it if you don't got it. If you've got it... you get it.

Dude you are so awesome and have come such a LONG way. ZOS needs to hire you RIGHT NOW. (if you even anted to work there lol!)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's an FX?

FX is just short for Essential Effects -- which are Essential Housing Tools' library of 3D sky and weather effects, scenery, lighting, decorative and construction materials, paintings and much, much more. Portals are just the latest addition to the library of over 650 different FX that you can add to your homes (with a 2,000 FX limit at present - though I may triple this in the near future).

Here's a quick sample of some of the things that you can do with FX:
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing! Another awesome idea and implementation from you R_K :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Steps:

Dude you are so awesome and have come such a LONG way. ZOS needs to hire you RIGHT NOW. (if you even anted to work there lol!)

<3 (and I applied, so maybe they'll give me a shout - let's see) :wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Amazing! Another awesome idea and implementation from you R_K :)

@Glaiceana Thank you Glaiceana! :smile:<3
  • BeatrixLaChance
    I may have just shed a tear. This is amazing. I love all that you do with the new and interesting features of this add-on!
    ==My Champions==
    Beatrixlachance - AD Stamblade - Khajiit
    Lucïen Lachance - EP Stamsorc - Imperial
    Dar'kriid Tahrovin - AD Magblade - Khajiit
    R'iva - EP Magisorc - Dunmer
    Sheogorath-Daedric Prince - EP Magisorc - Nord
    Miraak-Dovahkiin - EP MagDK - Nord
    Charlie Manx - DC Magplar - Breton
    ––Still in Leveling––
    Abecean Sailor - AD Magblade - Argonian
    Hërmäëüs Mörä - EP Magden - Dunmer
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have just shed a tear. This is amazing. I love all that you do with the new and interesting features of this add-on!

@BeatrixLaChance <3 Thank you! I'm so glad you've been enjoying them! That's the reason I do this stuff after all. Now go add some portals and build something awesome. :wink:
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is beyond amazing. Why they haven't put you in charge of housing feature development is beyond me.
    What you have done with your add-on continues to astound me.
    Thank you for this wonderful addition!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Earrindo Thank you so much Earrindo! I suppose I am not looking for all of that; I would definitely join the Housing team over there to make a bigger impact if the opportunity presented itself though... ;-)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Few examples of my portals which link my homes, visitors can use my portal to visit all my homes as well.
    sfbxybyrw95t.jpeg
    2oco1wzs3awa.jpeg
    dtgfavhqncgg.jpeg
    n6srng32zliq.png
    0chjv5du7x9u.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on March 1, 2019 9:40PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DragonHeart000
    Wow, I didn't even know you could visit someone's house if it was not set to their primary residence. How would you go about visiting someone's house that isn't their primary without them having to add portals with this?
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    @DragonHeart000 There's an addon called Port To Friend's House.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Moly that is amazing
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I didn't even know you could visit someone's house if it was not set to their primary residence. How would you go about visiting someone's house that isn't their primary without them having to add portals with this?

For PC players, you can use Port to Friends House or you can jump to any home of any player from Essential Housing Tools' Housing Hub (accessible from ESO's top menu bar, where you find Inventory, Character, etc.).
  • DragonHeart000

For PC players, you can use Port to Friends House or you can jump to any home of any player from Essential Housing Tools' Housing Hub (accessible from ESO's top menu bar, where you find Inventory, Character, etc.).

I was more hoping for a chat command, something like how you can do /script in chat and have a short expression. But the Housing Hub works too.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the size of the portal graphic be changed like other items? The examples in this thread are all pretty big and I was thinking of placing one or two in small areas.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, they seriously need to hire you and integrate your addon into the game. I mean, really. ZOS! Yo. Pay attention here.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll echo some of the sentiments here, ZoS really needs to consider the amazing work you've done.

Officially implementing portals is one of the things I've always wanted to see with Housing. Great addition man!

I'd also love to see portals that teleport you to different parts of the house (Ex 2 placeable portals you place & connect that will teleport to one another).

I know ZoS says they lurk here, hopefully they reach out! I know the intriacies of business may be a little more complex then we make it sound, but some sort of joint effort (Maybe an official Housing Community Liason) could be very beneficial
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the size of the portal graphic be changed like other items? The examples in this thread are all pretty big and I was thinking of placing one or two in small areas.

Yes like all effects youvcan change size
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, this is a game changer.
    You are the legend of which other legends tell tales!
    Thanks again for all you do for this community.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    I'll echo some of the sentiments here, ZoS really needs to consider the amazing work you've done.

Officially implementing portals is one of the things I've always wanted to see with Housing. Great addition man!

I'd also love to see portals that teleport you to different parts of the house (Ex 2 placeable portals you place & connect that will teleport to one another).

I know ZoS says they lurk here, hopefully they reach out! I know the intriacies of business may be a little more complex then we make it sound, but some sort of joint effort (Maybe an official Housing Community Liason) could be very beneficial

Having portals to other locations in the same house would really help getting around the huge estates. That's a great idea.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having portals to other locations in the same house would really help getting around the huge estates. That's a great idea.

Thanks! Lots of cool ways it could be utilized. Portals in & out of secret hidden rooms, blocked off areas like Arenas etc.

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing!

I've never used the FX portion of EHT before though so I have a question. I was under the impression that the FX could only be seen by you or people in a group with you. I run a RP guild and would absolutely love to be able to link houses with this addon. But, is there a way to do it so everyone who comes to the house will automatically see the portals? Or is there an easy way to make sure everyone has it? If so, how?

Sorry, I am not tech savvy!
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    I am under big impression! You're one of the greatest modders, @R_K! These portals can be huge, tiny, with an image or without (if turned around)... oh wonderful! However, what is the best way to send data to all the guildmates? I can send the data via the 'mail' option in your tools, it's okay if sending to friends (not too much handwork) but... how to make this awesome option useful for an entire guild? Mail system seems to be a comfortable way... Maybe it's possible to create something that can be utilized with Shissu's Guild Tools...

Still, your addon and entire work are magnificent. Thank you!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes like all effects youvcan change size

Thanks for the information.

I don't want to burn through materials but will be adding more mirrors over time. I was never sure on how to finish out the guest room/office but adding the portals does the trick.

feqjk7lyqmdw.png

jsxpn5xypcfc.png

• mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭

Steps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkZqjBvGk7w&amp;feature=youtu.be

Wow this is awesome!
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH. MY. GAWD.

@R_K you're like...just..can you just buy ZOS and take over? LOL
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH. MY. GAWD.

@R_K you're like...just..can you just buy ZOS and take over? LOL

They should of been hired him.