The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Connect Your Homes with Portals (Today)

• Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just when you think R_K has reached the upper limits of what's possible with Essential Housing Tools, along comes Portals!

I visited a home yesterday where these portals were placed, and was blown away, yet again, by his amazing talent for making magic come to life.

The housing community is so very blessed to have you Cardi. Without you, housing was fun. With you, housing has become stellar.

The fact that Eseental FX has side-stepped the item limit is bonus!
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much fun! :blush:

I'm just so blown away by this. As players, I think we all wish housing could be more useful. I remember in Ultima Online man folks created "Rune Libraries" where players could come and port to various locations around the map. I can definitely see the potential for guilds to create something similar in their halls using EHT's portals.

Here's the beginnings of the Pretty Deadly transit system I've been working on. Sorry about the poop video quality. Video capture is not one of my strong suits. :P

https://youtu.be/4kQQ3Z7x1tk
    Edited by mayasunrising on March 4, 2019 2:23AM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beam me up Scotty, lol
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K , is there anything you cannot do? I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you truly are a miracle worker! o:)

I've had the "Disconnected Transitus Shrine" from the pvp achievement vendor in Cyrodiil for years now, and I always wished it would work... well... now, it does! B) I placed it in my Cyrodiil War Memorial and your portal is just perfect for it

I also managed to slyly place one inside my Gold Coast Keg.. (when it's closed, you don't see it) it's a real secret passage now!

Many thanks again for all you do for all of us! I told the guild the other day that I feel like a kid in a candy store... it's so hard to contain my excitement and I want to sample everything

You put the paint brushes in the artists' hands with EHT and FX. <3

here are some pics
    myp0hav5jyox.png
    6f35o7thbaoi.png
    Edited by Delphinia on March 4, 2019 4:01PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guildie of ours is doing this :
    Hey @everyone on my twitch stream tonight (approximately 5 pm mountain time, USA, www.twitch.tv/cryhavok101) I plan on doing Essential Housing Tools tutorials. If you have been avoiding using it cause it's a complex and intimidating add-on, come see it's mysteries revealed. FX, furniture manipulation, and animations all. Come ask any questions you have and I'll demonstrate how to do all the things you want. I hate the idea that anyone might be missing out on all the awesome things it can do, so please stop by.
  • FurySevenSix
    FurySevenSix
    ✭✭✭
    This is seriously freaking cool.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having sooooo much fun playing with portals! I spent the day in the Pretty Deadly laboratory assembling a prototype of the Tamriel Automated Relocation Device and Instant Soup-maker™. Nirn's first personal teleportation device (and soup-maker). I call it the uh....TARDIS for short. :p The device can currently be attuned to 6 of an individual's favorite abodes and gee whiz cracker jacks it just looks super duper snazzy and stuff! Ahyup!

Given we at PD Labs can obtain the proper funding - and the device doesn't cause a massive tear in the space/time continuum thus obliterating all life as we know it - we expect these beauties to be in stores across Tamriel right in time for New Life! (forthelowlowpriceof allyourgoldandotherpreciousthings) Place your orders early as they are disappearing fast! Get it? Disappearing! HA!

Disclaimer: We at PD Labs cannot account for the origin of the soups the TARDIS produces - as they seem to be a byproduct of the inter-dimensional translocationality of the portal jumping whosey-whatsit thingee™. We can say the soups generally have a pleasant tomatoey flavor akin to Campbell's, but they have been known to bite...from time to time. Please note: PD Labs accepts no liability in the event an individual is devoured - in part or in full - by their soup.
    Edited by mayasunrising on March 5, 2019 6:58AM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @everyone on my twitch stream tonight (approximately 5 pm mountain time, USA, www.twitch.tv/cryhavok101) I plan on doing Essential Housing Tools tutorials. If you have been avoiding using it cause it's a complex and intimidating add-on, come see it's mysteries revealed. FX, furniture manipulation, and animations all. Come ask any questions you have and I'll demonstrate how to do all the things you want. I hate the idea that anyone might be missing out on all the awesome things it can do, so please stop by.

It's so great they're doing that @Krainor1974 ! EHT really changes how we can play with our houses. I''m not a streamer, but maybe I can make some tutorials for Youtube. I just want everyone to know about the add-on. It's hands-down the best for Homestead. :)

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's so great they're doing that @Krainor1974 ! EHT really changes how we can play with our houses. I''m not a streamer, but maybe I can make some tutorials for Youtube. I just want everyone to know about the add-on. It's hands-down the best for Homestead. :)
    Well he’s in our guild so we support em every way he can. Most important thing is reporting any bugs or problems so he can get right on them and make eht better for everyone’s experience. He’s the best being he does all of this just to give us a better homestead experience. One of my most favorite things is weather.

• FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, I just downloaded the addon, just tell me one thing:

What do you mean "Share your FX with your friends over Chat or Mail"? For players to have access, should I share something with them? How do I do this?

Is there any tutorial I can follow?

///

Amazing work, really.
    @FabresFour - 1970 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @FabresFour ! there is a tab in FX where it allows you to share your data over chat or mail.
    You can either enter a particular player's name, or send to an entire guild.
    Cardi has tutorials inside EHT.
    Also, check out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUnp3soEiXWH4vXWM5FUEqw
    and cryhavok101 on Twitch.
    Edited by Delphinia on March 5, 2019 3:07PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was more hoping for a chat command, something like how you can do /script in chat and have a short expression. But the Housing Hub works too.
    Check out /house

BTW are you are Unix sysprog? They're the only people who seem to prefer typing an obscure command over clicking a button.
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    <3 cardi! @R_K as always you keep adding fantasticness! and today I saw you added text!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I give up. WHERE do I find the portals???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    How do I get the portals to work for my guildmembers. I expected it to work if they had EHT, but they cant see or use the portals.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alhatariel wrote: »
    How do I get the portals to work for my guildmembers. I expected it to work if they had EHT, but they cant see or use the portals.

I think you still have to send them the info using Chat or Mail.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... question for you @R_K ... If I have the MailR add-on and can therefore mail an entire guild... can I still send the EHT info utilizing that?

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like...uh... @R_K , like uh...what about portals that teleport players to other areas of the same house? Can this be a thing? Because...I have this dream of building a portal that when you fall through it teleports you to a portal right in the air above it, so you fall into it again, and over and over and over forever. Please help me make my inter-dimensional nightmar...err...dreams come true. Help me break time/space. Pwetty please Cardi with a cute guar on top?

_falling_forever__by_alice_madness-d4jjw8u.gif
    Edited by mayasunrising on March 6, 2019 9:34AM

• DarkSissy
    DarkSissy
    ✭✭✭
    So like...uh... @R_K , like uh...what about portals that teleport players to other areas of the same house? Can this be a thing? Because...I have this dream of building a portal that when you fall through it teleports you to a portal right in the air above it, so you fall into it again, and over and over and over forever. Please help me make my inter-dimensional nightmar...err...dreams come true. Help me break time/space. Pwetty please Cardi with a cute guar on top?

_falling_forever__by_alice_madness-d4jjw8u.gif

This is the question i also want to ask :) thank you so much for the portals @R_K they are amazing . when it would be possible to port in between the house ( so no stairs longer needed ) you should be praised ;)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to have eht and updated ( it’s updated almost everyday and sometimes several times a day ). Send them the info to house with portal and when they arrive they should see the effects. You can mail them the info so they can go to ur home even when u offline.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on March 6, 2019 12:15PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Hmmm... question for you @R_K ... If I have the MailR add-on and can therefore mail an entire guild... can I still send the EHT info utilizing that?

I know he’s working on something like that but several want options to be able to turn off the ability to receive the mails.
    Give him sometime because that is on his list.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on March 6, 2019 12:17PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw last night a text option was added
    7zjly5tackeb.png
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfect entrances to thieves guild lair in farreach's wells
    hwasxpy5beiq.png
    4pg8avwls0v4.png
    4frb7nvhdy28.png
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t wait to visit again in person @Krainor1974
    Edited by Delphinia on March 6, 2019 9:07PM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, R_K aka Cardi, for these portals! I still remember the evening you popped in to help me make my stained glass layers work. I was so nervous because it was like having a superstar visit me. Thank you for being such an incredible asset to the housing community. <3B)<3
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfect entrances to thieves guild lair in farreach's wells
    hwasxpy5beiq.png
    4pg8avwls0v4.png
    4frb7nvhdy28.png

Well I’m back at work so weekends when you see me on let me know and I show you around Del.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    escape routes
    2hco8qo3gy9v.png
    oserwdkqqmza.png
    kwkq1ujeu8dc.png
    d2pohsk6tqb0.png
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much fun! :blush:

I'm just so blown away by this. As players, I think we all wish housing could be more useful. I remember in Ultima Online man folks created "Rune Libraries" where players could come and port to various locations around the map. I can definitely see the potential for guilds to create something similar in their halls using EHT's portals.

Here's the beginnings of the Pretty Deadly transit system I've been working on. Sorry about the poop video quality. Video capture is not one of my strong suits. :P

https://youtu.be/4kQQ3Z7x1tk

Wait - what!? @mayasunrising Once -- no, sorry -- twice again you blow us away with your ability to combine cool design, scene-based animations, trigger-based automation and FX to create something never-before possible. Not only must I thank you for sharing these Portal Machines with the community but I also need to thank you for showcasing all of the capabilities of Essential Housing Tools. I hope that videos like yours inspire even more people to join the EHT train, spark interest in Housing and catch the eye of @ZOS_GinaBruno and the Housing / UI Team at ZeniMax.

Between yourself, @Krainor1974 and everyone else that continues to post videos like these that highlight Housing, EHT and the possibilities, I feel like we are in a really great spot as a community. Thank you very, very much. <3<3<3