The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Connect Your Homes with Portals (Today)

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, R_K aka Cardi, for these portals! I still remember the evening you popped in to help me make my stained glass layers work. I was so nervous because it was like having a superstar visit me. Thank you for being such an incredible asset to the housing community. <3B)<3

@Wintergreen Omg, please... I write code, I'm not the one building the amazing builds like you all are. But thank you, I do appreciate that - and it's a joy to build these tools for you, by the way, because this community is full of the coolest, nicest, and most talented people I've ever seen and met. <3<3<3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkSissy wrote: »
    So like...uh... @R_K , like uh...what about portals that teleport players to other areas of the same house? Can this be a thing? Because...I have this dream of building a portal that when you fall through it teleports you to a portal right in the air above it, so you fall into it again, and over and over and over forever. Please help me make my inter-dimensional nightmar...err...dreams come true. Help me break time/space. Pwetty please Cardi with a cute guar on top?

_falling_forever__by_alice_madness-d4jjw8u.gif

This is the question i also want to ask :) thank you so much for the portals @R_K they are amazing . when it would be possible to port in between the house ( so no stairs longer needed ) you should be praised ;)

@mayasunrising @DarkSissy Haha, trust me -- one of the things that I wanted to be able to give you was a two-(or even three-, four- or more)-way portal. Unfortunately, the game's API doesn't allow me to move you through space like that. Well, I mean, I guess it kind of does indirectly (Magic Carpet) -- but you know what I mean. ;) I did add those Passage of Return portals though, so that can at least bring you back to the Entrance. My thought was, "Well, if they build their design with the Entrance as a focal point or hub, at least this can give them a literally instant way to jump right back to that point -- no buttons necessary." Maybe someone will take advantage of that and build a Maze or a Base Station or something with that Hub-and-Spoke design around the entrance and then use those Passage portals to jump back...? ;)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K I heard a rumor that we'll be able to link houses with portals owned by OTHER people in addition to being able to link our own? Any truth to that?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    @R_K I heard a rumor that we'll be able to link houses with portals owned by OTHER people in addition to being able to link our own? Any truth to that?
    also check https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/447659/customize-your-home-with-3d-essential-effects-tm-beta-from-essential-housing-tools#latest they just added divine stained glass windows n the diabella statue

yes theres a portal when u place it n edit u add @persons name n house name
    calibireted portal also a portal that take u back to house entrance
    you can also edit portal color
    3i16gcxn3d8z.png
    yrjgt3ocvfsv.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on March 9, 2019 2:25PM
  • DarkSissy
    DarkSissy
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K Thank you for your answer :) i hope, some day the game API will allow it . and i want you to say, that you are the best addon creator i know ...your work is awesome <3
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    also check https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/447659/customize-your-home-with-3d-essential-effects-tm-beta-from-essential-housing-tools#latest they just added divine stained glass windows n the diabella statue

yes theres a portal when u place it n edit u add @persons name n house name
    calibireted portal also a portal that take u back to house entrance
    you can also edit portal color
    3i16gcxn3d8z.png
    yrjgt3ocvfsv.png

Thanks Krainor. Appreciated.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Few examples of my portals which link my homes, visitors can use my portal to visit all my homes as well.
    sfbxybyrw95t.jpeg
    2oco1wzs3awa.jpeg
    dtgfavhqncgg.jpeg
    n6srng32zliq.png
    0chjv5du7x9u.png

I would be careful when handling some of those portals. Colonel O'Neil and SG-1 might make a visit one of these days through one of them. Awesome job, both you and OP
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Few examples of my portals which link my homes, visitors can use my portal to visit all my homes as well.
    sfbxybyrw95t.jpeg
    2oco1wzs3awa.jpeg
    dtgfavhqncgg.jpeg
    n6srng32zliq.png
    0chjv5du7x9u.png

I would be careful when handling some of those portals. Colonel O'Neil and SG-1 might make a visit one of these days through one of them. Awesome job, both you and OP

actully sevral in DDa have made homes in past with stargates that were very impressive in a scfi contest. Was also sevreral impressive hogwarts.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sfbxybyrw95t.jpeg
    2oco1wzs3awa.jpeg
    dtgfavhqncgg.jpeg
    n6srng32zliq.png
    0chjv5du7x9u.png

ck7ftl0zu9sy.jpg
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sfbxybyrw95t.jpeg
    2oco1wzs3awa.jpeg
    dtgfavhqncgg.jpeg
    n6srng32zliq.png
    0chjv5du7x9u.png

ZOMG it’s BEAUTIFUL 😍
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg this is even better than I imagined! As soon as I get my swarthy brood fed; I’m going to log on and do it!