Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My favorite moments of Wrathstone!

SippingPotions
SippingPotions
✭✭✭
Screenshot-20190225-200408.png
Screenshot-20190227-001719.png
Screenshot-20190227-113410.png
Screenshot-20190227-124256.png
Screenshot-20190227-202035.png
Screenshot-20190227-210252.png
Screenshot-20190225-174018.png
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried buying or brewing potions to restore your health, stamina or magicka? :D
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    You can brew potions in this game? Looks like it's just one big L2P issue after all. Thanks for the tip! :D
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point in time you will have to ask yourself, what am I doing wrong?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like siege shields might actually become useful, rather than just looking cool.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I strongly suspect the fact he has 18-21K health in combination with not using purge fast enough, if at all, may contribute to his experience of Wrathstone.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭

Rolled a stamina toon that can't drop shield bubbles and purge effects. Or rolled a magicka toon that can't dodge out of all the ballista.
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

I strongly suspect the fact he has 18-21K health in combination with not using purge fast enough, if at all, may contribute to his experience of Wrathstone.

Its hard to get too much more than 21k health as a mag sorc in no cp if you still want to be able to do any damage. But the fact that I have 26k resists+17k shields shouldn't count for anything because this is all just a big L2P right? Also solo sorcs have plenty of room for purge with our ample bar space so you're right, I really do need to L2P.
    Edited by SippingPotions on February 28, 2019 7:13AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its hard to get too much more than 21k health as a mag sorc in no cp if you still want to be able to do any damage. But the fact that I have 26k resists+17k shields shouldn't count for anything because this is all just a big L2P right? Also solo sorcs have plenty of room for purge with our ample bar space so you're right, I really do need to L2P.

Yes, it's clearly a L2P issue.

You're sitting in a poor terrain environment which is a prime candidate for having siege rained down upon you. Try picking better terrain to fight?

I know positioning is not a well known or appreciated concept in ESO, but it's fairly important when the threat of certain death looms due specifically to poor positioning.
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

You're sitting in a poor terrain environment which is a prime candidate for having siege rained down upon you. Try picking better terrain to fight?

I know positioning is not a well known or appreciated concept in ESO, but it's fairly important when the threat of certain death looms due specifically to poor positioning.

lmao. Poor positioning in all 7 of those screenshots? Have you tried to take a keep this patch? I bet you think that siege should go through damage shields too, right? Maybe you mean I should re position myself outside of Cyrodiil until they fix this issue hopefully on Monday? It's hard to take people seriously when they defend 15-19k dot ticks in PVP.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPed 3h yersterday in prime time.

Got hit 2 times by a siege coldharbour ballista (was too busy fighting to avoid it), didn't die once.

Before yersterday, got hit 3 times because of inattention and died only once. It's fair.

I find it nearly perfect as it is. Not that hard to survive ot it if you pay attention, spread zergs.

• SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    @Sarousse Did you play on sotha sil or one of the CP enabled campaigns? I ask because I only play no CP but i suspect the problem isn't nearly as bad with CP to aid in survival.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In CP, sorry, forgot to tell it. Yes it's easier to survive in CP campaigns.

Maybe they should adjust the damage on non CP campaigns.
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    I know ZOS has said that siege is currently "broken" and they hope to have a fix for it by Monday. I think we can all agree that the siege damage before the patch was underwhelming to say the least, and a slight buff was in order. I just don't think the devs realized what non CP would look like after the changes, and the result is Nightblades running around ganking with cold fire ballistas instead of their bows. For me the real problem is that the siege damage is unmitigated when i block or cast a shield. If I pop a Resto Ult AND a health potion after getting hit I die on the 3rd tick instead of the 2nd. Siege should hit hard and be feared, but the currently broken state is simply killing a dying campaign even faster.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know ZOS has said that siege is currently "broken" and they hope to have a fix for it by Monday. I think we can all agree that the siege damage before the patch was underwhelming to say the least, and a slight buff was in order. I just don't think the devs realized what non CP would look like after the changes, and the result is Nightblades running around ganking with cold fire ballistas instead of their bows. For me the real problem is that the siege damage is unmitigated when i block or cast a shield. If I pop a Resto Ult AND a health potion after getting hit I die on the 3rd tick instead of the 2nd. Siege should hit hard and be feared, but the currently broken state is simply killing a dying campaign even faster.

Actually done this a few times, sneak up behind sieging enemy, put coldfire right behind him and ganked him with it :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    @Master_Kas Case and point. This is exactly why I couldn't help but laugh at the "poor positioning" comment above. It's funny to watch, and the free AP is nice, but there's a reason hunting with a bazooka isn't considered sport.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its hard to get too much more than 21k health as a mag sorc in no cp if you still want to be able to do any damage.

Hard? I've just checked, although I don't play vet anymore. In 4-year old VR14 gear with no health set bonuses, only a few health enchants and some attribute points in health, I have 18.5k health without food buff. It's your choice to build a glass cannon.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, dead sorc does zero damage, so it is kinda nobrainer to get more than 21K health.

EDIT: perhaps even negative damage, because you may get some kind player attempting to revive you killed too, so I suggest you consider staying in the base camp and genuinely help your faction that way.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on February 28, 2019 12:32PM
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭

Well, dead sorc does zero damage, so it is kinda nobrainer to get more than 21K health.
    Merlight wrote: »
    Its hard to get too much more than 21k health as a mag sorc in no cp if you still want to be able to do any damage.

Hard? I've just checked, although I don't play vet anymore. In 4-year old VR14 gear with no health set bonuses, only a few health enchants and some attribute points in health, I have 18.5k health without food buff. It's your choice to build a glass cannon.

Do you understand that I'm talking strictly about non cp PVP? In cp enabled campaigns like Vivec Im sitting on 24k-26k health depending on what food buff i choose.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it'd be healthy for the game, but I want to hit siege operators with 15k light attacks.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Merlight wrote: »

Do you understand that I'm talking strictly about non cp PVP? In cp enabled campaigns like Vivec Im sitting on 24k-26k health depending on what food buff i choose.

Past VR14 was weaker than No-CP now. Do you run tristat glyphs?
    PC EU - DC only
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you understand that I'm talking strictly about non cp PVP?

Yes. And to make sure I had correct information, before posting the numbers above I logged my mag sorc, went to Sotha Sil, checked my gear and character sheet, and it said 18.5k health without food buff.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    @ChefZero @Merlight Yes i sure do. Plus protective on the jewels puts me at 21,122 health with 26,179 spell resist, 24,364 physical resist and 1548 crit resist in no cp. A lot has changed since the days of Azura's Star and OP VR14 Martial Knowledge gear. You should probably get yourself up to speed before you start calling people glass cannons. ZOS has said siege is "broken" right now. Yes @ZOS_GinaBruno used the word "broken" to describe it. I'm not sure why people are still trying to play this off as a simple "L2P an git gud scrub" issue.
    Edited by SippingPotions on February 28, 2019 1:23PM
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just to clear things up - when it was said that this is something we're discussing, it wasn't to keep siege's currently-broken state. Just that we're talking about potentially increasing the damage of siege from how it's been. Again, nothing set it stone, we're just talking like you all are. :)

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lmao. Poor positioning in all 7 of those screenshots? Have you tried to take a keep this patch? I bet you think that siege should go through damage shields too, right? Maybe you mean I should re position myself outside of Cyrodiil until they fix this issue hopefully on Monday? It's hard to take people seriously when they defend 15-19k dot ticks in PVP.

Yes, every single one.

1st one is right outside a keep FD.
    2nd one is on the bottom floor of an inner keep courtyard.
    3rd one is actually pathetic. You have perfect vision of the siege weapon being pointed at the stairs and still managed to get fragged by potatoing straight up into it.
    4th one is right outside a defended outpost.
    5th one is right outside keep FD.
    6th one is right ontop of keep roof, which typically get sieged from the ramparts.
    7th one you again, in a keep courtyard in a contested keep.

Yeah all seven are poor positioning. It's like you go in expecting to face tank 15-19k oblivion dots, can't, and keep trying to do it expecting to magically survive it all.

I mean I understand where a lot of gripe is coming from. You have a tanky build that's been rendered generally useless by siege and your capability to absorb damage is miles lower than it was a week ago.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ChefZero @Merlight Yes i sure do. Plus protective on the jewels puts me at 21,122 health with 26,179 spell resist, 24,364 physical resist and 1548 crit resist in no cp. A lot has changed since the days of Azura's Star and OP VR14 Martial Knowledge gear. You should probably get yourself up to speed before you start calling people glass cannons. ZOS has said siege is "broken" right now. Yes @ZOS_GinaBruno used the word "broken" to describe it. I'm not sure why people are still trying to play this off as a simple "L2P an git gud scrub" issue.

MK was sooooo good cause you got 258 spell damage... until the rising of julianos and kagrenacs. A joke to the proc sets today :D
    PC EU - DC only
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    @usmcjdking LOL! So where exactly can I PVP then If all of those spots are "poor positioning"? In the middle of a field? In a battleground? Please remember that this is Cyrodiil, not Afghanistan. I'm here to fight other people with my weapons and abilities, not hide in a bunker because I'm scared of being blowing up by one shot. Based on your comment history I think you're just a forum troll that should be ignored, but if your actually serious right now then I would love to know where in Cyrodiil you think I should PVP?
    Edited by SippingPotions on February 28, 2019 9:17PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Actually done this a few times, sneak up behind sieging enemy, put coldfire right behind him and ganked him with it :trollface:

ME TOO

INVIS POT MAGDEN COMIN IN HOT WIT DAT COLDFIRE
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, every single one.

3rd one is actually pathetic. You have perfect vision of the siege weapon being pointed at the stairs and still managed to get fragged by potatoing straight up into it.
    6th one is right ontop of keep roof, which typically get sieged from the ramparts.

Yeah all seven are poor positioning. It's like you go in expecting to face tank 15-19k oblivion dots, can't, and keep trying to do it expecting to magically survive it all.

I mean I understand where a lot of gripe is coming from. You have a tanky build that's been rendered generally useless by siege and your capability to absorb damage is miles lower than it was a week ago.

Well don't tell OP, but insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, every single one.

I can't tell if you're a bad troll or a really bad troll. Your argument seems to be "you're wrong for trying to accomplish map goals", which is kind of a bogus position.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Yes, every single one.

Well don't tell OP, but insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results lol.

I was somewhere different in every one of those screen shots. Maybe you're implying I'm insane just for continuing to play in Sotha Sil until ZOS fixes what they said is "broken"? However mental illness is something that I have to struggle with every day of my life and I don't think it's funny or appropriate to call someone "insane" on these forums.