The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My favorite moments of Wrathstone!

• DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    At some point in time you will have to ask yourself, what am I doing wrong?

Yeah, don't stand in red aoe, right? You're already a meme on a discord server. A legend, not in a good way tho..
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

I strongly suspect the fact he has 18-21K health in combination with not using purge fast enough, if at all, may contribute to his experience of Wrathstone.

Its hard to get too much more than 21k health as a mag sorc in no cp if you still want to be able to do any damage. But the fact that I have 26k resists+17k shields shouldn't count for anything because this is all just a big L2P right? Also solo sorcs have plenty of room for purge with our ample bar space so you're right, I really do need to L2P.

Yes, it's clearly a L2P issue.

You're sitting in a poor terrain environment which is a prime candidate for having siege rained down upon you. Try picking better terrain to fight?

I know positioning is not a well known or appreciated concept in ESO, but it's fairly important when the threat of certain death looms due specifically to poor positioning.

lmao. Poor positioning in all 7 of those screenshots? Have you tried to take a keep this patch? I bet you think that siege should go through damage shields too, right? Maybe you mean I should re position myself outside of Cyrodiil until they fix this issue hopefully on Monday? It's hard to take people seriously when they defend 15-19k dot ticks in PVP.

Yes, every single one.

1st one is right outside a keep FD.
    2nd one is on the bottom floor of an inner keep courtyard.
    3rd one is actually pathetic. You have perfect vision of the siege weapon being pointed at the stairs and still managed to get fragged by potatoing straight up into it.
    4th one is right outside a defended outpost.
    5th one is right outside keep FD.
    6th one is right ontop of keep roof, which typically get sieged from the ramparts.
    7th one you again, in a keep courtyard in a contested keep.

Yeah all seven are poor positioning. It's like you go in expecting to face tank 15-19k oblivion dots, can't, and keep trying to do it expecting to magically survive it all.

I mean I understand where a lot of gripe is coming from. You have a tanky build that's been rendered generally useless by siege and your capability to absorb damage is miles lower than it was a week ago.

Well don't tell OP, but insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results lol.

I was somewhere different in every one of those screen shots. Maybe you're implying I'm insane just for continuing to play in Sotha Sil until ZOS fixes what they said is "broken"? However mental illness is something that I have to struggle with every day of my life and I don't think it's funny or appropriate to call someone "insane" on these forums.

That's an incredibly myopic viewpoint. The simple fact is that in every one of those screenshots, there are well over 10+ position of which siege monkeys have an advantage over you. They could have been taken in the same spot, would have very little impact with how you perceive things.

Like if these people are so bad then why are they killing you? They punish your poor positioning no different than you punish their poor build.

Don't use checkers rules for a chess game. Siege has added a very new and very real dimension of threat to all players - you'll likely have to adjust your standard PVP modus operandi to maximize your potential.
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

I strongly suspect the fact he has 18-21K health in combination with not using purge fast enough, if at all, may contribute to his experience of Wrathstone.

Its hard to get too much more than 21k health as a mag sorc in no cp if you still want to be able to do any damage. But the fact that I have 26k resists+17k shields shouldn't count for anything because this is all just a big L2P right? Also solo sorcs have plenty of room for purge with our ample bar space so you're right, I really do need to L2P.

Yes, it's clearly a L2P issue.

You're sitting in a poor terrain environment which is a prime candidate for having siege rained down upon you. Try picking better terrain to fight?

I know positioning is not a well known or appreciated concept in ESO, but it's fairly important when the threat of certain death looms due specifically to poor positioning.

lmao. Poor positioning in all 7 of those screenshots? Have you tried to take a keep this patch? I bet you think that siege should go through damage shields too, right? Maybe you mean I should re position myself outside of Cyrodiil until they fix this issue hopefully on Monday? It's hard to take people seriously when they defend 15-19k dot ticks in PVP.

Yes, every single one.

1st one is right outside a keep FD.
    2nd one is on the bottom floor of an inner keep courtyard.
    3rd one is actually pathetic. You have perfect vision of the siege weapon being pointed at the stairs and still managed to get fragged by potatoing straight up into it.
    4th one is right outside a defended outpost.
    5th one is right outside keep FD.
    6th one is right ontop of keep roof, which typically get sieged from the ramparts.
    7th one you again, in a keep courtyard in a contested keep.

Yeah all seven are poor positioning. It's like you go in expecting to face tank 15-19k oblivion dots, can't, and keep trying to do it expecting to magically survive it all.

I mean I understand where a lot of gripe is coming from. You have a tanky build that's been rendered generally useless by siege and your capability to absorb damage is miles lower than it was a week ago.

Well don't tell OP, but insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results lol.

I was somewhere different in every one of those screen shots. Maybe you're implying I'm insane just for continuing to play in Sotha Sil until ZOS fixes what they said is "broken"? However mental illness is something that I have to struggle with every day of my life and I don't think it's funny or appropriate to call someone "insane" on these forums.

That's an incredibly myopic viewpoint. The simple fact is that in every one of those screenshots, there are well over 10+ position of which siege monkeys have an advantage over you. They could have been taken in the same spot, would have very little impact with how you perceive things.

Like if these people are so bad then why are they killing you? They punish your poor positioning no different than you punish their poor build.

Don't use checkers rules for a chess game. Siege has added a very new and very real dimension of threat to all players - you'll likely have to adjust your standard PVP modus operandi to maximize your potential.

Just live it up until Monday bud...
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only major issue I ran into was when I was hit by two different cold fire ballistas at the same time. We were in the middle of repositioning to try and enter the keep and I took my eyes off the siege for a single moment. Rip.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭