The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP in Vivec is working AWESOME: Behold the age of siege

Gankimus
Gankimus
✭✭✭
My eyeballs hurt.
I played it until my fingers bled.
I stayed up too late and shirked my chores.
Khajiit thinks he has the carpal tunnel in his left hand, and today he may do it all again.

I set up a few oils, maybe 7. I never got around to any of the other flingy thingies in the game but I did notice that it is VERY BAD to stand in red.
So, Khajiit burned lots of nasty siege weapons to ashes and moved his position often. This one hates icky oil in his fur and rocks hitting his head!

Duh

I PvP'd at least 12 hours yesterday, here are some things I thought of while I was lying around dead

Hard points are HARD. Please be careful! Lolz.
Cold Fire siege of any type will sell well on the open market, drawing PvE types to our Dolmens!
Pugs can defend a keep against a push with just a few veterans mixed in for good measure. Play the map.
Remember Purge? Who bars that old thing anymore. I mean really, why bother? Please, don't bar Purge.

Vivec is a very hot place today.

Mind yer step!
Gankimus
AD NB AR Volunteer
Former Mayor of Cropsford
Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree this is great no more healbots tanking at the gate anything thats thrown at them. now people has to think and attempt tactical approaches and thats where the people complain that are to lazy to think :D
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    i agree this is great no more healbots tanking at the gate anything thats thrown at them. now people has to think and attempt tactical approaches and thats where the people complain that are to lazy to think :D

My complaints are based on the implementation of siege gameplay. Area of denial is tactical, but the way you are applying it just is boring to me. All you do is point and click. If it's going to be this strong at least make it interesting to use.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

My complaints are based on the implementation of siege gameplay. Area of denial is tactical, but the way you are applying it just is boring to me. All you do is point and click. If it's going to be this strong at least make it interesting to use.

One of the lovely things about this game is that it has something for a wide range of play styles. I think PvE is as boring as milk. If Gankimus decided what was fun to do then there would be no PvE, and that's no fun for PvE nerds. Let players play, siege is fun for some folks and those folks are figuring out how to use it. Once they have worked out the new meta with their flexible attitudes they might tell you how to do it. Or not, no judgment, your kink is your kink, PvP the way you like, this new siege shouldn't stop you. Don't stand in red...
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankimus wrote: »

One of the lovely things about this game is that it has something for a wide range of play styles. I think PvE is as boring as milk. If Gankimus decided what was fun to do then there would be no PvE, and that's no fun for PvE nerds. Let players play, siege is fun for some folks and those folks are figuring out how to use it. Once they have worked out the new meta with their flexible attitudes they might tell you how to do it. Or not, no judgment, your kink is your kink, PvP the way you like, this new siege shouldn't stop you. Don't stand in red...

Oh I'll be seeing if its effectiveness overrides my lack of interest in the siege system as a whole. I have and will adapt to all changes including the former siege buffs that were reverted. So I already have a good understanding of using siege effectively. TBH I prefer the old scattershot and meatbag before they got nerfed most recently than the ballistas rn.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has come to a place where people are happy to kill someone who would largly outmatch them skill-wise just becouse of a broken mechanic as siege

Sad.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    This game has come to a place where people are happy to kill someone who would largly outmatch them skill-wise just becouse of a broken mechanic as siege

Sad.

You'll get over it as soon as you have something else to troll. If I can kill you with a siege weapon you might want to reconsider your claim to skill.
    Edited by Gankimus on February 27, 2019 12:47AM
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad.

So your broken gear sets are getting wrecked by broken siege.
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭

Sad.

Nah I find it to be the most effective counter to large masses of players rushing in an area with no tactic besides "keep throwing bodies at the breach until the area is overwhelmed or the defenders disconnect."

Any veteren player wouldn't get put into a position where he/she dies to siege because they know not to stand in choke points/ under oils/ in the expanding red circles.

Don't stand in red bruh.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »

Sad.

Nah I find it to be the most effective counter to large masses of players rushing in an area with no tactic besides "keep throwing bodies at the breach until the area is overwhelmed or the defenders disconnect."

Any veteren player wouldn't get put into a position where he/she dies to siege because they know not to stand in choke points/ under oils/ in the expanding red circles.

Don't stand in red bruh.

The bolded part pretty much sums up my entire thought on people whining about dying to siege.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad.

You'll get over it as soon as you have something else to troll. If I can kill you with a siege weapon you might want to reconsider your claim to skill.

If you un-ironically Think this amount of damage is legit, then I´ve no words really......

People cried their eyes out about werewolfs abusing double infused Torug´s and oblivion damage, but think it´s balanced to have these numbers with the click of a button.....

[img][/img]39Mwq0J.jpg
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is if you’re not a templar you’re dead in 3 ticks healing or no. Mark my words if this goes on as is people won’t enjoy it once the novelty has worn off. Just wait until everytime you’re fighting another group and some guy sneaks up, sets a cold fire and wipes you and you were snared or stunned and couldn’t move out. Fun. Hoping ZOS adjusts this accordingly and finds a way to keep it stronger without turning Cyro into a hide in keeps and siege simulation.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Sad.

If you un-ironically Think this amount of damage is legit, then I´ve no words really......

People cried their eyes out about werewolfs abusing double infused Torug´s and oblivion damage, but think it´s balanced to have these numbers with the click of a button.....

[img][/img]39Mwq0J.jpg

You stood in red long enough for it to tick 3times. That's on you.

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Sad.

[img][/img]39Mwq0J.jpg

The dot stays on you. He only had to stand there when it hit the ground.

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad.

[img][/img]39Mwq0J.jpg

1. Not my screenshot
    2. 15k DoT ticks isn´t a Little overkill don´t you think?
    3. Coldfire ballista puts an DoT that´s attached to you so there´s no AoE to walk out from. So it´s either run purge or die (and purge isn´t even guaranteed to remove the negative effect I want so not even a proper counter)
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you even start a fight under siege fire or at open flat ground where siege can beat you badly and expect to survive?

If you want a keep, be strategic. If you want to find a good pvp, find a better spot.
    Edited by Akgurd on February 27, 2019 7:29AM
    Aknight
  • courier
    courier
    ✭✭✭

Sad.

[img][/img]39Mwq0J.jpg

The dot stays on you. He only had to stand there when it hit the ground.

If only he had some notification that it was coming....
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO SIEGE OR GO CRY !
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad.

Yes, it is very sad, because this hilarious glitch laid bare how much "skilled" players in fact rely on being carried by metagaming, but in actual game can be easily baited, over and over, in front of ballista and then just burn to death in blaze of stupidity.
    But do not worry, since ZOS's business plan equally heavily relies on driving sales through access to gear, and current gear is largely incapable of carrying doughnuts through red circles alive, it will have to roll the buff back. Or release some "reduces siege damage by 50%" or even "returns 150% of siege damage" sets in the next DLC.

EDIT: or "heals you and nearby allies for 200% of siege damage taken; this effect can occur once every 300ns". Yes, that would sell DLC like crazy, every PvD nightcap squad would have to have it, in case they got ambushed with oil.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on March 1, 2019 1:51AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Sad.

Yes, it is very sad, because this hilarious glitch laid bare how much "skilled" players in fact rely on being carried by metagaming, but in actual game can be easily baited, over and over, in front of ballista and then just burn to death in blaze of stupidity.
    But do not worry, since ZOS business plan equally heavily relies on driving sales through access to gear, and current gear is largely incapable of carrying doughnuts through red circles alive, it will have to roll the buff back. Or release some "reduces siege damage by 50%" or even "returns 150% of siege damage" sets in the next DLC.

EDIT: or "heals you and nearby allies for 200% of siege damage taken; this effect can occur every 300ns". Yes, that would sell DLC like crazy, every PvD nightcap squad would have to have it, in case they got ambushed with oil.

Siege barely even killed me since the patch went live. In fact, I'm still laughing it off. I only died when trolling, otherwise I just use crushing shock or another ranged stun/interrupt on siege users. Only died once to siege unexpectedly and that's because I was too busy playing around with someone I thought was testing build. Instead they were serious about killing me :D

I should have killed them...oh well! I had a good laugh, and that is more important than winning!
  • Bone_Demon
    Bone_Demon
    ✭✭✭

Sad.

If you have 5 people cc-ing and slowing down a player while the other 5 siege that solo player you might want to reconsider your silly speech. Siege is being abused.
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭

Sad.

But do not worry, since ZOS business plan equally heavily relies on driving sales through access to gear, and current gear is largely incapable of carrying doughnuts through red circles alive, it will have to roll the buff back. Or release some "reduces siege damage by 50%" or even "returns 150% of siege damage" sets in the next DLC.

EDIT: or "heals you and nearby allies for 200% of siege damage taken; this effect can occur every 300ns". Yes, that would sell DLC like crazy, every PvD nightcap squad would have to have it, in case they got ambushed with oil.

I am stealing the phrase "Burn to death in a blaze of stupidity"
    It's poetry.
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Bone_Demon wrote: »

Sad.

If you have 5 people cc-ing and slowing down a player while the other 5 siege that solo player you might want to reconsider your silly speech. Siege is being abused.

Dude. You're gonna die out there. That's the point. The trick is to solve these situations you describe. Everyone is crying about broken siege. It hits hard as hell. Like one shot hard. Personally, I am not shooting very many siege weapons. It's too much fun killing people who are shooting siege weapons, I don't have time to set them up, they reload slow and turn with a little hand crank or something. I don't know what to tell you, be more careful I guess, more situationally aware. If you are going into crowded places with siege firing maybe you deserve to die? I don't complain when I die in those spots, I just celebrate when I survive. Maybe your attitude sucks? Maybe it's me. Good luck out there, mind your step the ground is lava.
    Edited by Gankimus on February 27, 2019 4:26PM
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking it so far. The only thing that annoys me is the possibility to use weapons in plains far from keeps. It can totally destroy some fun fights.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't siege, but having that extra element was a pleasant surprise. It made fights actually fun again despite how many times I wiped to it. It made ball groups scatter into smaller groups and the chaos was gloriously welcomed. I may actually start sieging again because it actually DOES something again.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side there are a huge number of potatoes sitting on fire balistas waiting to be harvested for the next week at least.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭

Sad.

[img][/img]39Mwq0J.jpg

That's how 90% of the people calling to "buff sieges" or "remove animation canceling" are...they have no clue what they are talking about.

"Don't stay in red" has potential to become a meme.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one is confused.... it is a siege.... siege weapons are big and scary.... errrrrr, are they not supposed to hurt like hell?😕

I mean if one has gallons of boiling death poured over, and indeed through, their armour I would expect it to do a dam site more damage than an axe.....🤓
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    This one is confused.... it is a siege.... siege weapons are big and scary.... errrrrr, are they not supposed to hurt like hell?😕

I mean if one has gallons of boiling death poured over, and indeed through, their armour I would expect it to do a dam site more damage than an axe.....🤓

Quite so! We are all Heroes, so we can suffer an odd spear through the chest... but dump boiling oil in this one's undies at the same time...so then dost thou lay Gankimus down to die.
    Edited by Gankimus on February 27, 2019 6:52PM
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Sad.

Siege barely even killed me since the patch went live. In fact, I'm still laughing it off. I only died when trolling, otherwise I just use crushing shock or another ranged stun/interrupt on siege users. Only died once to siege unexpectedly and that's because I was too busy playing around with someone I thought was testing build. Instead they were serious about killing me :D

I should have killed them...oh well! I had a good laugh, and that is more important than winning!

Agree 100% about player reliance on broken ass builds and mechanics. There is no reason why it should take more ballista bolts to kill some players than it does to destroy a keep door.

I've only died in siege when the red circles weren't showing or were delayed due to lag. If I did get hit by siege I just used purge...which I had slotted after hearing siege was working as it should...

Don't worry healbots, tanks, ball groups, and mindless zergs. ZoS plans to revert the damage back to how it was so you can have your annoying playstyle back which I just SKIP PAST if I see.

On a less serious note, after seeing players set up siege in open fields to shoot at each other (easy counter...kill player on siege (easy af) and burn siege) I found an afk player standing next to some rocks and set up an oil above him XD it didn't work as intended but I hope he had a laugh when he came back from afk land
    Edited by Steelshiv on February 27, 2019 7:06PM
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bone_Demon wrote: »

Sad.

As a fellow solo player I wonder how you get yourself into the situation where you're being cc'd and sieged by 10 people. I usually have more situational awareness in Cyrodiil except when I'm *** posting in zone.