The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Race Change Tokens

• Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now, I can only think of one character I plan to use a race change token - a Nord templar to Khajiit - and that's more because I want another Khajiit character than anything else.

The changes I've (already) made have mainly been to certain characters' builds/roles; Khajiit stamina sorcerer to magicka sorcerer, and Dark Elf magicka dk to stam dk, as I've found stam sorc and mag dk to be thoroughly underwhelming. Even now, without any passives to boost magicka, I feel that a Khajiit sorcerer plays better as magicka than stamina. The sorcerer class skill lines simply do not bring enough to the table for a stamina build. As for dragonknight, mag DK is weak on sustain and lacks a (usable) execute ability.

If they want stam sorc and mag dk to be strong builds, they need to provide more stamina morphs for sorcerer, and give mag dk an execute ability.

Then again I also care about the identities of my characters (at least somewhat) and I'm not going to be changing the races of my favorites just to squeeze a few hundred extra dps out of them.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • Vulture051
    Vulture051
    ✭✭✭
    Nice I guess but frankly anyone that uses a vague race-appropriate name is gonna need name tokens too.
    3 new classes. 3 new spellcasters. Zenimax has forgotten how to make melee classes.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulture051 wrote: »
    Nice I guess but frankly anyone that uses a vague race-appropriate name is gonna need name tokens too.

You get 3 of those also
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • RyvenMDR
    RyvenMDR
    ✭✭
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.

We look forward to seeing everyone in game for the upcoming Wrathstone launch!

Awesome 👍 thank you!
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you do a race change, do you get an appearance change as well?
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about ZOS making game balance changes, then charging (some people) to fix the changes they implement. If you can't see the problem with that sort of business practice, that's fine. My opinion is that they should not monetize game balance changes... at all... to any players, even if I'm not personally affected.

Agreed. No balance issue should be monetized like this. It's too big of a conflict-of-interest, and has been clearly mismanaged in this case. I'm stealing that for my siggy.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on February 22, 2019 7:43AM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    When you do a race change, do you get an appearance change as well?

Yes.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Stamination
    Stamination
    ✭✭
    But I have 10 characters...
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it is probably too late for this considering the patch drops on Monday.

Some of us may like the character (race) we created but with the changes their class may not be what we want now. So if all I want to do is still with their race/name but just change class to be better aligned with their new racial passives I have to pay for it.

There should have been some free class change tokens as well.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome!
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    There should have been some free class change tokens as well.
    They haven't even made it possible TO class change. When asked about it they said they don't plan to make class change possible anytime soon if ever.

The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Kane_Hart
    Kane_Hart
    ✭✭✭
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.

Do I need 3 characters or can I benefit from this even though I deleted my characters recently?
    PC - NA - @Kane_Hart
    Youtube Let's Play Series 2019
    Stamina Sorcerer
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.
  • GChaseXmas
    GChaseXmas
    ✭✭✭

Do I need 3 characters or can I benefit from this even though I deleted my characters recently?

I would think that you will benefit from this regardless. I believe on your character select screen you will see that everyone will have 3 race change tokens and 3 name change tokens. When and how you want to use them will be up to each individual, but regardless of how many toons you have, it sounds like we will all get 3.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming every account will get 3 of each, regardless of the number of characters. Might be time to get Any Race Any Alliance on my second account.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate your generosity. I doubt I will use any of them right away, because I would rather play all of the different races with the new changes! I will eventually use them- simply because I like to create "new characters" out of old leveled characters. I will eventually use the tokens mainly for appearance/name changes and to avoid the long process of researching items for crafting, training mounts, leveling skill lines, etc. Thank you!
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    So after a pattern of (appropriately) offering free or near free skill respecs when rebalancing the game fundamentals, this time ZoS rebalances race passives but instead will monetize (ToonCount - 3) race respecs?

And folks are happy about this?

It's really horrible.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I never received any - how can I get mine?
    Edited by Sidney on February 25, 2019 2:08PM
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Sidney wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I never received any - how can I get mine?
    These are being given out for PC today during maintenance - you'll have them once the servers re-open. For console, it'll happen after Update 21 launches in a couple weeks, also right after maintenance.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in shortly after maintenance and didn't see any on my account...

Nevermind...
    Edited by huntgod_ESO on February 25, 2019 5:12PM
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • twilightwarrick
    twilightwarrick
    ✭✭✭
    let us change to the race we want for free this is not our fault, its yours
  • JeibuKul
    JeibuKul
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tokens, but after seeing how most of my stats changed, I am probably only going to use one right now.

Honestly I don't know why people need 10 "meta" characters, is there no fun to be had?
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering how this is not the first time you've changed passives on us (and the last time you didn't give out free race changes), I can't even make myself use them because I don't feel like the changes will be final and will just have to change again. can we get some assurance that future race passive changes will also get at least a few free tokens to make up for involuntarily changing stuff on us?
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great. A free gift attached to cash grab to get any real use of it. Very generous.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JeibuKul wrote: »
    Thanks for the tokens, but after seeing how most of my stats changed, I am probably only going to use one right now.

Honestly I don't know why people need 10 "meta" characters, is there no fun to be had?

Yeah I know I always associate fun with being gimped. If I have a sprained ankle and try to run a race, I'm having FUN
  • Ceder
    Ceder
    Soul Shriven
    This would had been a very good time to have given people a class change token!
  • Fluke.Slywalker
    Fluke.Slywalker
    ✭✭✭
    Um... I have 10 toons but I'm pretty sure I won't need (or want) to race change every one of them?
  • onegunholiday
    These changes aren’t bad enough for the amount of complaining I see.

They’re trying to rebalance the game, instead of having the same 4 races running around topping the meta.

They gave us free change tokens, when they didn’t have to give us anything, considering the only race who got shafted was the bosmer.

Some of y’all should go clock in since you know so much, and try balancing a game with millions of players yourself.

Thanks for the tokens ZOS.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They’re trying to rebalance the game, instead of having the same 4 races running around topping the meta.

They gave us free change tokens, when they didn’t have to give us anything, considering the only race who got shafted was the bosmer.

Some of y’all should go clock in since you know so much, and try balancing a game with millions of players yourself.

I agree. Thanks again for the free race change tokens attached to an upgrade cash grab to make them useful.
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tokens are nice sure, but don't forget the 1900 crown "any race any alliance" pack to make it actually work 60% of the time. Those with 10+ characters, my condolences. My chars grew on me too much to dump them, so even if I was made of money, I'd keep them as they are.
  • onegunholiday
    kmcaj wrote: »

I agree. Thanks again for the free race change tokens attached to an upgrade cash grab to make them useful.

I hope you’re referring to the any race/any alliance upgrade. My retort is simple. Anyone it affected only had three races to choose from. Now, they still have the three races to choose from. Next....

Aside from that, there is no cash grab upgrade. People are always going to find something to complain about. If they give an inch, some people want to take a mile. If a lot of people spent as much energy actually trying to have fun in the game as they did complaining about it, they might have a good time. Video games are supposed to be fun right?