Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP is broken | siege is way overpowerd

JonnyHadji
JonnyHadji
Soul Shriven
This needs to be addressed tomorrow morning, PVP is not playable whatsoever
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    And the threads are rolling in...
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP is perfectly playable if your concept of playing isn't stack up under a siege shield and 20 earthgores.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    PVP is perfectly playable if your concept of playing isn't stack up under a siege shield and 20 earthgores.

No it's not. i was in a group of 4 tonight fighting 20 AD and the 20 AD dropped a siege line of cold fire. *** this bug.
    Invictus
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

No it's not. i was in a group of 4 tonight fighting 20 AD and the 20 AD dropped a siege line of cold fire. *** this bug.

"MOVE"
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like you need to pick a better spot to fight.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Seige is not supposed to be some minor nuisance. ZOS' intent for it was area denial. As it was pre-patch it noone even cared that they were standing in oil. I personally would just alternate between my sorc shield and a mini heal to keep myself alive. While the damage right now might be a bit extreme, I don't think it should be dialed back all that much.

And no...this doesn't mean all people will do is sit on a wall and click buttons. In the battles I fought today (ALL DAY) what happened was we started thinking of new ways to take keeps, and siege destruction became top priority. Once you're through the doors and in the keeps it's business as usual.

And if the problem is your tower/resource farming and ganking was ruined, c'est la vie. Adjust your tactics. I got no love lost for mega-tank time wasters.
    Edited by mayasunrising on February 26, 2019 9:46AM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

:D
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    PVP is ok, stop zerging :lol:
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stepped in siege once today and got vaporized before I figured out how awesome this is. :lol:

The ball groups are getting destroyed and it's hilarious. I had more fun today than I had in months.

Keep the siege deadly, maybe not THIS deadly, but I like the idea of a flaming catapult bomb actually killing people.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you need to pick a better spot to fight.

No, it's just means i prefer to actually PvP. i mean if you like this, that's fine, you just get some siege go to a rss and kill some guards. you'll be alright.
    Invictus
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This was mentioned in another thread, but we're working on getting this fixed for our next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was mentioned in another thread, but we're working on getting this fixed for our next incremental patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno have the team check the data on lag and population numbers for last night primetime Vivec NA. I have a feeling that "OP" seige killing off players was helping with keeping the lag in check. Alot of us actually enjoyed fights last night and there were plenty of players on the screen.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno have the team check the data on lag and population numbers for last night primetime Vivec NA. I have a feeling that "OP" seige killing off players was helping with keeping the lag in check. Alot of us actually enjoyed fights last night and there were plenty of players on the screen.

Yeah that was the first time I actually could kind of play solo last night. It was still really laggy and still feels like you need group padding to have a good time but definitely not completely unplayable.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya, keep one campaign this way... If it helps performance who cares about balance
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, Vivec NA was enjoyable and actual PVP last night. No lag, no ball groups running over everyone, just fighting without having to worry about input lag.
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭

No!
    Do not "fix the siege"
    It's fine. Whiners gonna whine, they just need to solve some problems.

Please. I had more fun in PvP last night than I've had in over a year.
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Ya, keep one campaign this way... If it helps performance who cares about balance

keep shor/lowbie pvp unseiged lol.

Otherwise, balance is fine. CC actually stops you from firing the siege and getting off while it has a decent cast time to drop it; if you arent a tank 9/10 times you can yolo kill a sieger.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that was the first time I actually could kind of play solo last night. It was still really laggy and still feels like you need group padding to have a good time but definitely not completely unplayable.

Yea it was laggy, but I could bar swap, cc break, cast jabs accurately and otherwise be reactive. But on Murkmire, cyro was unplayable to the point where you can see jabs take a full 4 seconds to fire and good luck bar swapping to your heal lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Before yesterday the most common cyrodiil tactic was to bring more and more people until the other side can't use skills anymore. Then you win when they disconnect.

How is that balanced?

i about died laughing when I saw a yellow Zerg big enough to crash the whole server die off in mass at the nickel mile gate.

Don't fix this. Im not done enjoying it.
    Edited by Minalan on February 26, 2019 6:09PM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This shouldn't be a bug. It should be a feature.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF this kind of gamebreaking bug where in s pve trial ZoS would fix it asap. When its in PvP we have to wait a week for a fix. GG
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on man don't be like that, it's broken. It almost completely prevents the small scale taking of keeps. People are setting up siege to Xv1 FFS. Its being used to troll, people are avoiding fights to use siege instead. It's not good.

Also this is not a lag fix lol. While siege could be stronger and I do see some of the appeal, thats not a bandaid fix to lag, and its currently way too strong.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 26, 2019 6:33PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    IF this kind of gamebreaking bug where in s pve trial ZoS would fix it asap. When its in PvP we have to wait a week for a fix. GG

if this was a PVE trial, it would be a boss mechanic lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiming in to support leaving sieges like they are.

Great fights. ~500ms lag at most, as opposed to the typical 3-4sec spikes in the prime time.

Milegate fights actually have a point now (that Vivec's 2 hour ash gate to nik back and forth fight).

In my honest opinion this bug is the best change happened to Cyro in 3 years^_^
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I actually had near perfect performance and playing from Aus that's a shock the seige killing off faction stacks that show upto keeps that wood normally lag out the server die in seconds
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    Chiming in to support leaving sieges like they are.

Great fights. ~500ms lag at most, as opposed to the typical 3-4sec spikes in the prime time.

Milegate fights actually have a point now (that Vivec's 2 hour ash gate to nik back and forth fight).

In my honest opinion this bug is the best change happened to Cyro in 3 years^_^

Just look at the opposing opinions here Miat.

It's almost like you can pick out exactly *who* runs in a warden earthgore ball group.

:lol:

PS: thanks for updating your add on so quick. :love:
    Edited by Minalan on February 26, 2019 9:44PM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everybody that tells this should be a feature.

Get Good.

Actually make this a feature, but now sieges require 2-3 people to operate.

I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    To everybody that tells this should be a feature.
    Get Good.

Done! What's next?:)
    Minalan wrote: »
    Just look at the opposing opinions here Miat.

It's almost like you can pick out exactly *who* runs in a warden earthgore ball group.

And they are surprisingly in a minority. Zos will revert it though:(
    Minalan wrote: »
    PS: thanks for updating your add on so quick. :love:

You're very much welcome:)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People wanted better search filters on guild stores. I warned them not to do it. This is what happens.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA