The Elsweyr Chapter and Update 22 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the full patch notes here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/468599

PVP is broken | siege is way overpowerd

JonnyHadji
JonnyHadji
Soul Shriven
This needs to be addressed tomorrow morning, PVP is not playable whatsoever
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    And the threads are rolling in...
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - BBlade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR16
    www.twitch.tv/frozyeso
    In the end.. EP WINS!!!
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Change Retreating Maneuvers to apply only to 12 players and give it the Streak treatment
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Increase Forward Momentum snare immunity duration to 8 seconds
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Add an escape move to templars other than mist form
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack
    • Make snares only available from ground effects
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Wtb dynamic population
    • Fix long loading screens
    • Bring ResSickness
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    PVP is perfectly playable if your concept of playing isn't stack up under a siege shield and 20 earthgores.

No it's not. i was in a group of 4 tonight fighting 20 AD and the 20 AD dropped a siege line of cold fire. *** this bug.

:D
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    PVP is ok, stop zerging :lol:
    EU PC
    PVP Auriel's Bow -> Azura -> Sotha Sil
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    PVP is perfectly playable if your concept of playing isn't stack up under a siege shield and 20 earthgores.

No it's not. i was in a group of 4 tonight fighting 20 AD and the 20 AD dropped a siege line of cold fire. *** this bug.

Sounds like you need to pick a better spot to fight.

No, it's just means i prefer to actually PvP. i mean if you like this, that's fine, you just get some siege go to a rss and kill some guards. you'll be alright.
    Invictus
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    This was mentioned in another thread, but we're working on getting this fixed for our next incremental patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno have the team check the data on lag and population numbers for last night primetime Vivec NA. I have a feeling that "OP" seige killing off players was helping with keeping the lag in check. Alot of us actually enjoyed fights last night and there were plenty of players on the screen.

Yeah that was the first time I actually could kind of play solo last night. It was still really laggy and still feels like you need group padding to have a good time but definitely not completely unplayable.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was mentioned in another thread, but we're working on getting this fixed for our next incremental patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno have the team check the data on lag and population numbers for last night primetime Vivec NA. I have a feeling that "OP" seige killing off players was helping with keeping the lag in check. Alot of us actually enjoyed fights last night and there were plenty of players on the screen.

Ya, keep one campaign this way... If it helps performance who cares about balance
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Ya, keep one campaign this way... If it helps performance who cares about balance

keep shor/lowbie pvp unseiged lol.

Otherwise, balance is fine. CC actually stops you from firing the siege and getting off while it has a decent cast time to drop it; if you arent a tank 9/10 times you can yolo kill a sieger.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah that was the first time I actually could kind of play solo last night. It was still really laggy and still feels like you need group padding to have a good time but definitely not completely unplayable.

Yea it was laggy, but I could bar swap, cc break, cast jabs accurately and otherwise be reactive. But on Murkmire, cyro was unplayable to the point where you can see jabs take a full 4 seconds to fire and good luck bar swapping to your heal lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭
    IF this kind of gamebreaking bug where in s pve trial ZoS would fix it asap. When its in PvP we have to wait a week for a fix. GG
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    IF this kind of gamebreaking bug where in s pve trial ZoS would fix it asap. When its in PvP we have to wait a week for a fix. GG

if this was a PVE trial, it would be a boss mechanic lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I actually had near perfect performance and playing from Aus that's a shock the seige killing off faction stacks that show upto keeps that wood normally lag out the server die in seconds
    PC NA Server
    Guilds
    Fairweather Friends
    Mischievous
    Zombie Death Machine

Jayoné Mag Nb lvl 50 Jayone Mag Dk lvl 50 Jayonè Stam Sorc lvl 50 Æterna Stam Temp lvl 50 Pridē Stam Dk lvl 50
    Echó Mag Temp lvl 50 Woè Stam Dk lvl 30
    Jåyone Stam Dk lvl 50 Æternā Stam Temp lvl 50 Le Pride Stam Warden lvl 50

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    Chiming in to support leaving sieges like they are.

Great fights. ~500ms lag at most, as opposed to the typical 3-4sec spikes in the prime time.

Milegate fights actually have a point now (that Vivec's 2 hour ash gate to nik back and forth fight).

In my honest opinion this bug is the best change happened to Cyro in 3 years^_^

Just look at the opposing opinions here Miat.

It's almost like you can pick out exactly *who* runs in a warden earthgore ball group.

:lol:

PS: thanks for updating your add on so quick. :love:
    Edited by Minalan on February 26, 2019 9:44PM
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    To everybody that tells this should be a feature.
    Get Good.

Done! What's next?:)
    Minalan wrote: »
    Just look at the opposing opinions here Miat.

It's almost like you can pick out exactly *who* runs in a warden earthgore ball group.

And they are surprisingly in a minority. Zos will revert it though:(
    Minalan wrote: »
    PS: thanks for updating your add on so quick. :love:

You're very much welcome:)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People wanted better search filters on guild stores. I warned them not to do it. This is what happens.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA