The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bar swapping disabled

Zer0oo
Zer0oo
✭✭✭✭✭
Right now there seem to be a bug in the game that makes it for you impossible to bar swap. This bug happened to me today already 3 times and seems to be related to be getting CCed at a wrong time.(Maybe even when you are just about to bar swap) The only way to fix it seems to be to die.

2 times from a player and once from a guard in cyro caused it.

Update1:
  • can be caused by player or npc
  • happens if you get cced right in the moment when you bar swap
  • can be related to use keybinding for weapon swap to set1/set2 to switch between front and back bar
  • only fix seems to be to die (not really nice solution especial in bg)

Update 2:
switching the front to back weapon also fixes it

Update 3:
some additional problems player did report (have not tested it myself)
  • having interaction problems with almost anything if this happens e.g doors
  • It happens at Istirus Outpost BG, the one where you can mount. If you try to mount (press H) while mid-air dropping from the spawn point, your character gets stuck in an animation when it lands stays in it for 10-15 secs. After that, you can't bar swap. Even after dying. You have to leave the BG and that fixes it.
  • Not only when CCd, but after gap closing then weapon swapping immediately it gets stuck.
Edited by Zer0oo on March 1, 2019 3:11AM
Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
- Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems to be really easy to reproduce. just tried it again at a guard in cyro and if you bar swap while they cast cc on you, your bar swapping will be deactivated.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4ppj9iyreznu.png
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bonus you also can not unslot the weapons so only dying fixes it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_Gilliam
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/OBvSPs7SezM

see sec 15 - after that bar swapping is deactivated
    Edited by Zer0oo on February 26, 2019 9:47AM
    - Update 23
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are onto something. Hopefully they get this fix. While entertaining to go on and wind some fights while joking in discord that I got 1 bar tied behind my back, it really sucks. I mean, I can work with 1 bar if I have to, *blows on fingernails and whipes them on his chest* but not being able to mount or open doors or interact with way-shrines is really not helpful
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem in PVP. After few fights my bars won't swap.

I use mouse wheel for swapping bars.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it is happening when you get stunned during the bar swapping
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug sometimes with overload where you cannot heavy or light attack. Your character does nothing. Only way to fix it is to die or get enough ulti to activate overload again.
    Edited by Revokus on February 26, 2019 7:52PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the problem is happening only if you get stunned during the bar swapping with
    Weapon Swap to Set1/Set2 key-bindings.

The bar swapping is not getting locked if you swap with one key only (Weapon Swap key-binding)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Looks like the problem is happening only if you get stunned during the bar swapping with

The bar swapping is not getting locked if you swap with one key only (Weapon Swap key-binding)

Hasn't there been issues with using the mouse wheel for swapping in the past? I swear Ive read about it.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

interesting - for the record i use Set1/Set2 key-bindings
    - Update 23
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi - I am also having problems with bar swap since Update 21. I also use Set 1 and set 2 key bindings.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened to me constantly this morning in PvP. I do use separate Set1 / Set2 keys. Got rid of the single key a long time ago, cause it sucks, especially in lag. This is a crippling bug.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

interesting - for the record i use Set1/Set2 key-bindings

I use a similar set up where I press 7 for bar 1 on my Naga, then 1-6 for ability for bar 1 and 10 on my naga then 1-6 for ability for bar 2. I've noticed I'm always stuck on bar 2.
  • JohnG
    JohnG
    ✭✭✭
    Porting to another campaign will also fix it, or dieing. Its more than just bar swapping that is disabled, also cannot interact with doors.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can also be fixed by changing the weapon you are holidng (Eg. drag bar 2 weapon to bar 1 and then back)
    Happened to me several times yesterday
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    Can also be fixed by changing the weapon you are holidng (Eg. drag bar 2 weapon to bar 1 and then back)
    Happened to me several times yesterday

Thanks. Will try that as its reasonable so long as I'm not stuck in combat.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Hasn't there been issues with using the mouse wheel for swapping in the past? I swear Ive read about it.

I use mouse wheel to weapon swap few years now and no problem until this update.

But it is not a mouse wheel related problem. I changed the binding to other keys to Front Swap/Back Swap and the problem still can be easily replicated.
    Edited by Didgerion on February 26, 2019 2:02PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn This happens a lot in the new dungeons, since there are so many CC/stun mechanics. I ran into this during the PTS and on Live. Only way to fix it is to leave combat and unequip/reequip gear or to die.

It happens on the troll boss does his knockdown, when Rizzuk does his freeze mechanic, when you get the curse expiry stun, when someone touches an unstable sphere, etc. Please tell the combat team to fix this.
    Edited by code65536 on February 27, 2019 7:39AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, just confirming we've seen your reports here and are investigating. Thanks for the info!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Right now there seem to be a bug in the game that makes it for you impossible to bar swap. This bug happened to me today already 3 times and seems to be related to be getting CCed at a wrong time.(Maybe even when you are just about to bar swap) The only way to fix it seems to be to die.

2 times from a player and once from a guard in cyro caused it.

Update1:
    • can be caused by player or npc
    • happens if you get cced right in the moment when you bar swap
    • can be related to use keybinding for weapon swap to set1/set2 to switch between front and back bar
    • only fix seems to be to die (not really nice solution especial in bg)
    Update 2:
    switching the front to back weapon also fixes it
    Hi everyone, just confirming we've seen your reports here and are investigating. Thanks for the info!

I am also having this issue. It has happened to me at least 6 times while in cyrodiil. I too have noticed it can occur randomly, but also when I get CC'd while stunning. I also have two different key bindings for weapon swapping; keybind 1 and keybind 2.
    Edited by Kronuxx on February 26, 2019 5:53PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it happened on bar 1 today for the first time. Chaning weapons got rid of it. Then it happened 3 more times and I could not change weapons (IE equip a different weapon) so I was playing around and moved poisons to a different bar and then the weapons I was trying to equip suddenly snapped on.

Im sorry but I quit until this is fixed. Its not an "Im mad and going to stomp my feet and quit your game ZOS!" Its a "I just literally cannot play your game." I dont know how its not happening more with others but having to change my bars around and try to play differently for a bug is not going to happen.
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    "They fixed that you know"

"Fixed an issue where you could become stuck on a single ability bar and could not activate weapon swap until you re-logged, entered a new zone, or your character died."

Wondered why the log in time was so low... All these new bug reports just goes to show it is back to the same old zos we know. No patch can be without issue.
  • Sedrethi
    Sedrethi
    ✭✭✭
    Posting to confirm the issue while also noticing it occurring very commonly within the two new Wrathstone dungeons due to all the various CC events, although I've had it occur elsewhere (e.g. Arx Corinium random normal), too.
    @Sedrethi PC/Mac-NA
    My User Profile on the UESP
    Officer to the official UESP (PC/Mac-NA) Guild

Champions (Forever* above the Cap):
    Celebrated:
    Ravyn Sedrethi — Dunmer♂ Nightblade (Vampire)
    Ravyn of the Coiled Path — Dunmer♂ Warden
    Ravyn the Ravenous — Dunmer♂ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Aranea Varys — Dunmer♀ Dragonknight (Vampire)
    Aranea the Fleshweaver — Dunmer♀ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Norrawen Anutwyll — Bosmer♀ Nightblade (Werewolf)
    Norrawen the Racer's Eye — Bosmer♀ Warden
    Wucheeva-Ei — Saxhleel♀ Nightblade
    Shura gro-Ushar — Orc♂ Dragonknight
    Hrist Cloud-Hewer — Skaal♀ Sorcerer (Werewolf)
    Umbarion — Altmer♂ Templar (Vampire)
    Hulaava-Jei — Saxhleel♂ Sorcerer (Vampire)
    Viatrix Auria — Colovian♀ Templar
    Heroes (Level 1-49):
    Unsung:
    Taeil-Jujak Lupinus — Rim-Men♂ Necromancer
    Geiraldur of Riverwood — Nord♂ Warden
    Ma'zin-dar — Khajiit♂ Templar
    Azani at-Zahir — Redguard♂ Dragonknight
    Padraic Seathanach — Reachman♂ Sorcerer
  • huhjun1978
    huhjun1978
    ✭✭✭
    When we can't swap bar, we can't mount, can interact with things (like wayshrine), (already exit combat).
    Press K, we can swap bar here, but when go out, it comes back to original bar
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posting to confirm that It is happening to me in PVP as well. Constantly. I am a healer in PVP so I need to swap bars a lot as well as people CC me a lot. I also use the bar1/bar2 separate bindings instead of one key. I have literally gone from rarely dying to dying quite a bit--and not because of siege.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by pppontus on July 17, 2023 6:56AM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since support loves to blame addons (how would an addon interfere with weapon swap in combat?), here's the same bug reproduced addonless:

https://youtu.be/hkZhtxmbUh0
    Edited by pppontus on February 28, 2019 6:07PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten killed quite a few times because of this. It's past old. Please fix.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had this tonight, haven't been on really since update or forums for a bit, so was surprised this happened, what a poor bug.