The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please, ZOS, Add Major Gallup to Battle Spirit to Make Cyrodiil Less Annoying

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
ZOS, it's silly that some players are occupying a precious skill slot for Rapid Maneuver largely to make mount riding in Cyrodiil less annoying. I think most of us would much rather use a skill that is fun in its place. Sure, there are other uses for Rapid Maneuver, but I'd much rather see the Major Gallup part of the skill removed and given to everyone, and the rest of the skill become more interesting. Thank you.

P.S. If you need a reason to "justify" putting Major Gallup into Battle Spirit:
The mounts in Cyrodiil are specifically bred for war, and excel at maintaining optimum performance over vast distances.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this would be a huge QoL improvement, especially for console. PC has an addon to put Rapids on your bar when you mount, but we don't. I'd say add it to Continuous Assault.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this would be a huge QoL improvement, especially for console. PC has an addon to put Rapids on your bar when you mount, but we don't. I'd say add it to Continuous Assault.

So the PC addon allows players to get rapids without even having to slot it?
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. The addon automatically slots the skill when you mount. You can set it to revert back to your original skill after casting.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

No. The addon automatically slots the skill when you mount. You can set it to revert back to your original skill after casting.

That's pretty awesome. If ZOS allows that addon, then they must realize it's a pain point to players.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ...

But I do agree with battle leveling your mount so while in cyrodil it gets max speed and max stam

But major gallop shouldn't be given to battle spirit as it's available via a skill and it won't change things the way you think it so
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    No ...

But I do agree with battle leveling your mount so while in cyrodil it gets max speed and max stam

But major gallop shouldn't be given to battle spirit as it's available via a skill and it won't change things the way you think it so

It would change things exactly in the way that I think... that players wouldn't have to use a skill slot for Major Gallup.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ...

That would be an excellent QoL improvement, but I don't think they'll ever do it since they sell mount upgrades that are specifically targeting at making money off new PvP toons.

It may not change the game much for zerglings and ball groups who always have Rapids available from someone else in the group, but it would change a lot for solo and small scale Cyro players. Slotting the skill takes away something else, and on non-zergy builds it costs a lot to give up that bar slot. My bar is already tight, with 2-3 other skills that I'd prefer to slot before Rapids. Having the mount speed buff available as a passive of some kind, at least in Cyro, would be a huge QoL improvement for small scale, especially solo players, who just can't afford to slot a non-combat skill.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding a massive boost to mounts while on roads would give an option for those who don't want to slot rapids, but would be a trade-off. Off-roading would still require Rapid for a speed boost.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Adding a massive boost to mounts while on roads would give an option for those who don't want to slot rapids, but would be a trade-off. Off-roading would still require Rapid for a speed boost.

I like this
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great answer.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a very good idea.