Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any khajiit vampires out there?

macinley1ub17_ESO
I'm curious to find out what the physical changes look like for a khajiit. Does it change your fur color? And how often are you required to feed and what not? Also is it true that the vampire is better suited to a ranged/caster character?

Trying to decide which one i would want to go with.
  • Svashj
    Svashj
    I want to know what khajiiti vamps look like too. However, I can answer your other two questions. You are not required to feed at all if you don't want to, and the longer you go without feeding you descend into deeper and more prominent (visually and gameplay) stages of vampirism, capping at stage 4. Here's an image of Reddit user junster's stage 4 vampire.

http://i.imgur.com/uAvxNQC.jpg

To my knowledge, vampires are rather casting focused as I think all their abilities consume magicka as a resource. However, their perks include things like increased sneaking speed, passive damage mitigation based on health loss (great for tanks), and increased resource regeneration of magicka and stamina. So I think they're fairly versatile in use, and if you don't want to play a caster but want to be a vampire you can find some way to take advantage of your "curse".
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    The sneak speed sounds awesome, but Im not sure I like the idea of having to feed frequently.
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    Hmm, I'm ranged but so far the vampire just looks ugly to me. And the need to feed would get on my nerves pretty fast i think. So i think it will be werewolf for me, however i plan to try and work it out to where i can do ranged and melee or maybe just go melee on my sorc, i already wear heavy armor anyway. I will have to see how it all works once i have the skill set unlocked.
  • jody.roaneub17_ESO
    by all means play the way you want to play, however vampire seems to really shine when playing as a spell blade. none of the vamo skills are particularly useful at range.
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing at stage 4 as a vampire is not as bad as it sounds, my current hp regen is 16 every two seconds, it's not going to make a difference in battle if that is reduced. Plus the first skill you get as a vampire is very powerful in terms of healing. Currently I'm level 25 and it ticks for 130 each time, that's 520 hp over four seconds (I only have 753 health) WHILE they are stunned. So giving up a little hp regen and getting a skill I could use once on every enemy in a fight makes survival easy. Plus when they fix the bug where sometimes that cost does not go down when you get stages, it will be dirt cheap to cast.
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Dramonicous
    Dramonicous
    ✭✭
    Physical changes :
    White skin... vampire eyes.
    I think there are some body markings that will allow you to remain a black khajit though. Mine was not one of them and he went from darkest to brightest.

When I turned it completely destroyed my character, if support doesnt help me then I will likely reroll today...

Im a lvl 37 NB... SIGH
    Edited by Dramonicous on April 8, 2014 11:28AM
  • WalrusKing
    Physical changes :
    White skin... vampire eyes.
    I think there are some body markings that will allow you to remain a black khajit though. Mine was not one of them and he went from darkest to brightest.

When I turned it completely destroyed my character, if support doesnt help me then I will likely reroll today...

Im a lvl 37 NB... SIGH

You should just be able to visit a Priest of Arkay to remove your pesky infection, yes?
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    I run a Black Khajit, nightblade, vamp. The color changes to pale white, the fur color that is. Eyes glow red. No mater how black your fur is, you stay pale white as vamp khajit. I picked the darkest colors and still pale white. I run spell focused vamp right now, but can't say i like it a lot. the life theft talent has very small range, also it's unusable on the same target more than once (despite that it's said that you can use it on the same target every 10 seconds in the tooltip).

Another problem i ran into. I'm 20 points into magica using staff of destruction, the damage seems the same from normal attack with staff if to compare it to the damage to let's say 2h sword. With that i don't think Magika talents affect the weapon damage or normal attacks at all.
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    I ended up going vampire to play with it and i took screen shots.
    Here for reference is what i looked like before the vamp bite.
    cat18_zps03bd5418.jpg

Here is the first stage.
    Vamp_zpsa2c94620.jpg

Second
    Vamp3_zps651852db.jpg

Third
    Vamp4_zps4822833e.jpg

Fourth
    vamp5_zpse3f36ab4.jpg

They dont look as bad as i thought they might. I was worried about a more undead look with fur missing and stuff. So i don't mind staying a vampire. I will however, miss my nice panther look, but of well.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @macinley1ub17_ESO ,

Damn that is iffy looking haha.

Although my Khajiit Nightblade who I hope to make a vampire one day (I might even look for a North American A.D. vampire guild if they'd accept casual players [darn responsibilities taking ESO-time hah]) has tan fur with some patterns on it, if it gets that grey that is a tad silly. I 100% agree that there should have been a "diseased" look with rotting / falling fur, etc.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on April 9, 2014 2:41AM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Svashj
    Svashj
    @macinley1ub17_ESO ,

Damn that is iffy looking haha.

Although my Khajiit Nightblade who I hope to make a vampire one day (I might even look for a North American A.D. vampire guild if they'd accept casual players [darn responsibilities taking ESO-time hah]) has tan fur with some patterns on it, if it gets that grey that is a tad silly. I 100% agree that there should have been a "diseased" look with rotting / falling fur, etc.

I don't mind the fur changes, but the color of nose and lips changing to be white too looks, to be frank, really frickin' weird. I think I'll avoid making my khajiit a vampire.
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    It looks a little better with armor on.
    Stage 2 or 3
    Vamp2_zps7fe585fa.jpg

Stage 4
    VampireKhajiit_zpsb51b3659.jpg

I do wish that the faded color wasn't quite so drastic though.
    I will say though, changes or no changes, i absolutely love the feeding animation. Will have to try and get a screen shot of it. It looks pretty awesome. Very Legacy of Kain looking.
    Edited by macinley1ub17_ESO on April 9, 2014 5:24AM
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    Here is a couple screenshots of the feeding.
    Screenshot_20140408_232530_zps4e76d403.png
    Screenshot_20140408_232529_zpscc77e7b4.png
    Screenshot_20140408_232531_zps4eb62c26.png
    Screenshot_20140408_232532_zps2026506d.png
    Screenshot_20140408_232533_zpsf06bb34b.png
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I'm ranged but so far the vampire just looks ugly to me.

Sorry, sparkly vampires are another franchise...
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I just hope that ZOS will look back at Khajiit vampires - having the nose and lips and, well everything the "bleached grey" color just seems lazy and very unimaginative.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be a lot Khajit's annoyed or put out by the changes here. I'm sure if everyone concerned submits /feedback then there may be changes on the Horizon.
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    I do agree that they could have done better. At least better coloring I do find that with dark colored armor it looks better though. Either way as it stands now i just kinda use it as a barber shop. When i get tired one shade of grey i let him go white.

The best i could hope for now though is a player made skin pack that makes it look better (however i'm sure that will be against the TOS)
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, he looks quite cool! Definitely going to vamp up my khajiit now! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    One thing i do wish is that at stage four he would look a little more... starving, like he is a blood thirsty animal ready to rip out a throat to get the crack. Instead he just kinda gets pale eyes and looks friendly.

Even the werewolf form looked fairly tame though.

Now for a question, does anyone have any tips for leveling the vamp skill line faster? My girl friend wants to try it out but doesn't want to deal with waiting for a spawn. However, so far its been painfully slow to level. Do i just grind mobs of my level or is there a faster way / better place to do it (IE instances, dungeons or what not.)
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I don't have pictures, but my recently gifted Khajiit does not look like the pictures given so far - I think it mainly has to do with the fact that mine had very light fur from the start instead of having the darkest type of fur.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • xshadowclawzz12
    Thanks for this thread. If there isn't a way to cure vampirism later I will never become a vampire. + the cons like taking extra fire damage makes me not want to do it. I guess i'll just choose werewolf
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish that added an option at char creation to view 'vampire stages'
    Or added an option to change char looks (even if its a cash shop option)

And yes you can cure vampirism but there is a bug that if you want to become a vampire again after you have cured it, the second line the second time around gets bugged.
    Edited by Natjur on April 16, 2014 11:17PM
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One thing i do wish is that at stage four he would look a little more... starving, like he is a blood thirsty animal ready to rip out a throat to get the crack. Instead he just kinda gets pale eyes and looks friendly.

Even the werewolf form looked fairly tame though.

Now for a question, does anyone have any tips for leveling the vamp skill line faster? My girl friend wants to try it out but doesn't want to deal with waiting for a spawn. However, so far its been painfully slow to level. Do i just grind mobs of my level or is there a faster way / better place to do it (IE instances, dungeons or what not.)

Vamp Rank level with general xp so putting the skills in your bar won't speed it up. Just have to keep leveling. The rank tree is level 38 or so, so if your below that it takes much longer to level. At level 28, 2 character levels is equal to about 1 vamp level rank.

I wish they made stage 1 vamps look normal so you couldn't tell them from none vamps.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My khajiit was had white fur and no markings when I started out, didn't originally plan to be a vampire, but it happened. (stage 4 vampirism)
    If I had planned it I would have given him the face marking that looked like caked on blood around his mouth
    UDQRJQr.jpg
    Edited by Nasuradin_ESO on April 17, 2014 12:17AM
  • shenron_killerb14_ESO
    shenron_killerb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Bottom line is. It changes the skin for anyone not a khajiit. So why is it changing the fur for Khajiit and not skin? This one could see the idea of Khajiit looking a little lighter if the skin was white but the fur should be the same. This one blood was drained from him. He did not stay in a dark place for a millennium letting his fur go pale. As this one progresses into each stage of vampirism and getting lighter which each stage would be understandable. BUT NOT A 180 ON COLOR OF THIS ONES FUR AND ALL NON-KHAJIIT VAMPIRES HAIR STAYS THE *** SAME COLOR. (why are non-khajiit vampires hair the same color when this one's fur is stolen from him?)[/s]
  • Lilemour
    Lilemour
    You're right shenron, and that's the reason why my Khajiit totally stays a mortal Khajiit... Wouldn't like playing my Khajiit with another fur colour -.-
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one does not mind his new pale fur. He thinks it shines brightly in the moonlight... it almost makes this one sparkle...
    ----
    Murray?
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a couple screenshots of the feeding.
    Screenshot_20140408_232530_zps4e76d403.png
    Screenshot_20140408_232529_zpscc77e7b4.png
    Screenshot_20140408_232531_zps4eb62c26.png
    Screenshot_20140408_232532_zps2026506d.png
    Screenshot_20140408_232533_zpsf06bb34b.png

Is it bad that the feeding pics make me think of Legacy of Kain? Either way thanks for clearing up how it works for Khajiit.
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made my cat full black fur, hair and beard. Now I'm white fur with black hair and beard. it looks kinda bad :( i really hope they add the option to change hair and beard color and style :(
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • lowlifer
    lowlifer
    It looks a little better with armor on.
    Stage 2 or 3
    Vamp2_zps7fe585fa.jpg

Stage 4
    VampireKhajiit_zpsb51b3659.jpg

What Class are you and what armour pieces / motif's are you wearing?

is it heavy with light head and waist?

Cheers.