Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Save the Bosmer!

Amphithoe
Amphithoe
✭✭✭✭✭
Last ditch plead to ZOS. Please don't remove the stealth passive from my Bosmer. It's the best thing about the race. And with stealth in PVE being the broken mess it's always been the Stealthy passive have been it's saving grace.

Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does not matter, you can wear all Medium Armor pieces for maximum stealth radius.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont even care about the stealth racial on my bosmer warden, but it makes zero sense why it needed to be changed in the first place. And changing bosmer but not khajiit is just wrong.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I dont even care about the stealth racial on my bosmer warden, but it makes zero sense why it needed to be changed in the first place. And changing bosmer but not khajiit is just wrong.

QFT
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like new bosmer and i am changing my pvp characters to bosmer. Finally there is passive that is not useful only for one class - nb.
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are useful for more than just RPing now. It's a big upgrade to what we are getting on live currently. Pretty excited for the changes to bosmer overall.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race is fine. Im using it on my pvp magden next patch.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the worst ZOS cash grab yet. They've really raised the bar for slimy business practices. At least the gambling crates and various other Crown Store shenanigans never harmed the actual health of the game. But nerfing for profit? That's a new low.

As long as ZOS sells race change tokens, changing racial passives inherently carries a huge conflict-of-interest. Situations like that should always be handled with care, but these forums are full of very reasonable customers representing at least half the races in the game making very valid cases that these changes are detrimental and improvements still need to be made before this goes live. They've wasted virtually the entire PTS cycle mostly making things worse. I'm honestly just baffled at what I'm seeing.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    I like new bosmer and i am changing my pvp characters to bosmer. Finally there is passive that is not useful only for one class - nb.

Stealth radius reduction was not useful for just one class, it helped all Bosmer play any class they want and still participate in the Rite of Theft. Nb is the only class that DIDN’T use it lol
    Race is fine. Im using it on my pvp magden next patch.
    Have you tested how close 3 meters of stealth detection is? I have. You’ll still have to slot Magelight (twice the radius btw), this passive isn’t going to save you a bar spot.

I’m happy about the rolling and the penetration for pvp too, doesn’t mean that the detection is useful in any way shape or form.
    Edited by max_only on February 22, 2019 7:42AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the worst ZOS cash grab yet. They've really raised the bar for slimy business practices. At least the gambling crates and various other Crown Store shenanigans never harmed the actual health of the game. But nerfing for profit? That's a new low.

As long as ZOS sells race change tokens, changing racial passives inherently carries a huge conflict-of-interest. Situations like that should always be handled with care, but these forums are full of very reasonable customers representing at least half the races in the game making very valid cases that these changes are detrimental and improvements still need to be made before this goes live. They've wasted virtually the entire PTS cycle mostly making things worse. I'm honestly just baffled at what I'm seeing.

Heh, seems like ZOS failed in cash grab considering they giving 3 race change and name change tokens for free to everyone. What a looser, hey? They carefuly plan whole racial changes to get money from people, and in the end they give race change tokens for free and loose all the money. Unbeliaveble! Such a waste.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Stealth radius reduction was not useful for just one class, it helped all Bosmer play any class they want and still participate in the Rite of Theft. Nb is the only class that DIDN’T use it lol

Oh, i was talking about damage increase while in stealh. Stealh radius reduction not usefull for anyone. I did not notice difference between my wood elf stamplar in medium armor and orc dragonknight in heavy armor while sneaking during thieves guild quests. Maybe I'm not a moron and actualy avoid npc while sneaking.
    Never use it in cyrodiil either, but hey, i guess if there is all group of bosmer and khajits, it might be nice. Beware tho, it takes only one race without stealth reduce radius and its the end. Enemy sees him and they come closer.

Only one who is pissed about these changes to bosmer are nb gankers. Are you a nb ganker? Well, tough titties mate, adapt. Are you not nb ganker? rejoice!
    Edited by Czirne on February 22, 2019 9:23AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just did. They took roleplay race not used by anyone but pvp nightblades (in any serious manner) and moved it as viable option for everyone.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    They just did. They took roleplay race not used by anyone but pvp nightblades (in any serious manner) and moved it as viable option for everyone.

That’s patently untrue.

Furthermore how does stealth detect help everyone? How does it help anyone?

Oh, i was talking about damage increase while in stealh. Stealh radius reduction not usefull for anyone. I did not notice difference between my wood elf stamplar in medium armor and orc dragonknight in heavy armor while sneaking during thieves guild quests. Maybe I'm not a moron and actualy avoid npc while sneaking.
    Never use it in cyrodiil either, but hey, i guess if there is all group of bosmer and khajits, it might be nice. Beware tho, it takes only one race without stealth reduce radius and its the end. Enemy sees him and they come closer.

Only one who is pissed about these changes to bosmer are nb gankers. Are you a nb ganker? Well, tough titties mate, adapt. Are you not nb ganker? rejoice!

“Oh, i was talking about damage increase while in stealh“
    You were talking about damage increase from stealth, you are in a conversation by yourself. No one is mourning that 10%.
    It’s clear that you have a grudge that is not enabling you to see clearly. All Nightblades are Bosmer? So Khajiit with their extra crit don’t exist? Good luck.

“Maybe I'm not a moron“
    Maybe, maybe not. You said it.

“Only one who is pissed about these changes to bosmer are nb gankers. Are you a nb ganker? Well, tough titties mate, adapt. Are you not nb ganker? rejoice!”
    So you can’t comprehend the topic then. It’s okay. We aren’t talking about that. And, If you think your days of being deleted from stealth by nb gankers are over you’ll be sorely mistaken.

""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

What? Bosmer outside of gank builds is completely useless and is used for RP reasons only. The recent changes have actually made them viable to use. You can tell a race is awful when entirety of it's vocal players are RP players. As for stealth detect, it seems like they wanted kitties and bosmer to have some sort of difference in the same way they wanted bosmer and argonians to be different (removing poison / disease resist).
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

Truth isnt subjective. Accept it.

No matter how stealth detect is useless and I wish they removed it, in its entire uselessness it right now has more broad use than sneak ever did for people that dont sneak. Now its not doing anything only for people that dont pvp. Still bad? I agree.

Edited by SodanTok on February 22, 2019 11:32AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

That’s patently untrue.

What? Bosmer outside of gank builds is completely useless and is used for RP reasons only. The recent changes have actually made them viable to use. You can tell a race is awful when entirety of it's vocal players are RP players. As for stealth detect, it seems like they wanted kitties and bosmer to have some sort of difference in the same way they wanted bosmer and argonians to be different (removing poison / disease resist).

What are you even talking about.

You are conflating two different topics with each other.

Topic one: no one cares about the 10% damage from stealth. These “gankers” haven’t come out at all. And half of them will be race changing to Khajiit. The other half can’t wait to stack speed on their Hasty Retreat and use extra pen without a cool down, they were rolling all over the map in the first place.

Topic two: stealth radius reduction is not just for role play. It is a legit way to play the entire game. There exists entire games where stealth is the main subject, and they sell copies of those game because it’s a viable way to play video games. Even if it was “just for rp”, the reasoning that “Khajiit and Bosmer HAVE to be different” is a fallacy. They are already different. Besides, Two races have max stam, two races have Max Magicka, two races have max health. If they HAD to be different from each other in that way then apply it across the board.

Topic three: regardless of the 10% damage from stealth or the stealth radius, DETECTION is completely useless. Why should anyone be satisfied with a completely useless passive just because they got something else useful? No one orders dung as a side with their steak. At least if you serve cauliflower as a side with steak SOMEONE will eat it.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

No matter how stealth detect is useless and I wish they removed it, in its entire uselessness it right now has more broad use than sneak ever did for people that dont sneak. Now its not doing anything only for people that dont pvp. Still bad? I agree.

For people who don’t sneak? What did they roll a Bosmer for then? Its their defining trait other then bows. If they are not sneaking there was so many better options...
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

That’s patently untrue.

For people who don’t sneak? What did they roll a Bosmer for then? Its their defining trait other then bows. If they are not sneaking there was so many better options...

:D:D:D

You finally get it/admit it.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

Stealth detect is a PvP only skill.
    Stealth is used in PvE and PvP.

Thus stealth has a broader use than stealth detect.

Also I did CR+3 (normal) on my Bosmer, which is not a PvP activity.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

Stealth detect is a PvP only skill.
    Stealth is used in PvE and PvP.

Thus stealth has a broader use than stealth detect.

Also I did CR+3 (normal) on my Bosmer, which is not a PvP activity.

Were you sneaking there a lot? :D
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I am sure stealth detect will make it easier. /sarcasm

And when the fight started I was in stealth yes.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

Topic Uno:
    I'm talking about you disputing the fact that wood elf was useful outside of roleplaying reasons (and ganking) in live currently.
    Topic one: no one cares about the 10% damage from stealth. These “gankers” haven’t come out at all. And half of them will be race changing to Khajiit. The other half can’t wait to stack speed on their Hasty Retreat and use extra pen without a cool down, they were rolling all over the map in the first place.

Topic Deux:
    Seems players who dislike ganking (not had too much of an issue with this personally) care about the 10% damage from stealth.
    Topic two: stealth radius reduction is not just for role play. It is a legit way to play the entire game. There exists entire games where stealth is the main subject, and they sell copies of those game because it’s a viable way to play video games. Even if it was “just for rp”, the reasoning that “Khajiit and Bosmer HAVE to be different” is a fallacy. They are already different. Besides, Two races have max stam, two races have Max Magicka, two races have max health. If they HAD to be different from each other in that way then apply it across the board.

Topic Trois:
    Tell me where stealth radius reduction is useful in end game / meaningful PvP content. It's literally a roleplay passive. As for kitties and bosmer having to be different, that isn't me who is enforcing that, it's ZOS. Don't blame me for selecting that and resistances to differentiate classes.
    Topic three: regardless of the 10% damage from stealth or the stealth radius, DETECTION is completely useless. Why should anyone be satisfied with a completely useless passive just because they got something else useful? No one orders dung as a side with their steak. At least if you serve cauliflower as a side with steak SOMEONE will eat it.

Topic Quatre:
    I agree completely that detection is useless. I don't see any harm in having it though, or would you prefer it be completely removed?
    Edited by Rikumaru on February 22, 2019 12:02PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

I am not saying they did not need a dps buff. When I made my Bosmer there was no trials in this game. I made the Bosmer to be stealthy.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

Topic Uno:
    I'm talking about you disputing the fact that wood elf was useful outside of roleplaying reasons (and ganking) in live currently.

Topic Deux:
    Seems players who dislike ganking (not had too much of an issue with this personally) care about the 10% damage from stealth.

Topic Trois:
    Tell me where stealth radius reduction is useful in end game / meaningful PvP content. It's literally a roleplay passive. As for kitties and bosmer having to be different, that isn't me who is enforcing that, it's ZOS. Don't blame me for selecting that and resistances to differentiate classes.

Topic Quatre:
    I agree completely that detection is useless. I don't see any harm in having it though, or would you prefer it be completely removed?

1) They are useful outside of RP and PvP. (By the way, is RP suddenly unimportant in an RPG-MMO particularly an ES one? Did you play Skyrim because of the amazing combat mechanics and crafting? / sarcasm)

2) They did? Do you have any data supporting that?

3) Where is stealth radius reduction useful in endgame? Do you ever need to buy mats they cost $$$. There is some chemical reagents that sell in the hundreds for just one. Stealth brings in the $$$. (Hell a friend of mine pickpocketed a furniture recipe that went for 700k.)
    Trials cost money for food, potions, and armor upgrades... Half of the conversations in my vet trial group is where is the easiest and most lucrative place to steal/farm, and they are not discussing RP. (But if you participated in end game content you would already know this...)
    And btw high end trading guilds are a thing too. And they have gold requirements as well, so any where they can farm is a bonus.

Edit: 4) We want stealth back, it’s why we made a Bosmer in the first place. (Is this not clear?)
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 22, 2019 12:28PM
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

You were talking about damage increase from stealth, you are in a conversation by yourself. No one is mourning that 10%.
    It’s clear that you have a grudge that is not enabling you to see clearly. All Nightblades are Bosmer? So Khajiit with their extra crit don’t exist? Good luck.

“Maybe I'm not a moron“

“Only one who is pissed about these changes to bosmer are nb gankers. Are you a nb ganker? Well, tough titties mate, adapt. Are you not nb ganker? rejoice!”
    So you can’t comprehend the topic then. It’s okay. We aren’t talking about that. And, If you think your days of being deleted from stealth by nb gankers are over you’ll be sorely mistaken.

My mistake mate, I genuinely have no idea some people actually consider stealth radius detection useful passive and are unhappy about loosing it. As you conviniently ignored in my previuos post, i said i did not notice difference while sneaking between a medium armor bosmer and heavy armor orsimer, hence I thought its about that 10% stealth damage bonus provided by stealthy passive.

I believe most people sneaking around are doing so for roleplaying purposes, they wanna feel like a thief, and they most certainly dont sneak right under npc nose, that would break the immersion. Furthermore, if i recal correctly, ZOS said they planing to put radius reduction in legerdemain passive, so every race can acces it.

I am not arguing that stealth detection is useless, imho its as useless as stealth raduis reduction. Maybe in pvp if you stick to the nb it might be good, in pve not so much.

And yea, obviously I will get deleted by nb gankers from sneak until snipe desync is fixed.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am not a ganker. I play 99.9% in PVE only. I will NOT rejoice that my race (and NOT the Khajiits) is losing a racial that they've had since Morrowind. That's TES III Morrowind, not the ESO update. You should understand that the gankers are going to use their free race change tokens to go from Bosmer to Khajiit and be completely unaffected.

edit looks like you moderated your comments later, nvmd
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on February 22, 2019 12:49PM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

“Maybe I'm not a moron“

My mistake mate, I genuinely have no idea some people actually consider stealth radius detection useful passive and are unhappy about loosing it. As you conviniently ignored in my previuos post, i said i did not notice difference while sneaking between a medium armor bosmer and heavy armor orsimer, hence I thought its about that 10% stealth damage bonus provided by stealthy passive.

I believe most people sneaking around are doing so for roleplaying purposes, they wanna feel like a thief, and they most certainly dont sneak right under npc nose, that would break the immersion. Furthermore, if i recal correctly, ZOS said they planing to put radius reduction in legerdemain passive, so every race can acces it.

I am not arguing that stealth detection is useless, imho its as useless as stealth raduis reduction. Maybe in pvp if you stick to the nb it might be good, in pve not so much.

And yea, obviously I will get deleted by nb gankers from sneak until snipe desync is fixed.

Speaking personally, if they were to put stealth into a separate skill line I would be ok with it, as a separate skill line suggest additional stealth buffs. I am just annoyed they are not introducing that system at the same time they are taking stealth away from bosmers.

They did not exactly say they were putting it in the ledgerman line (although it is possible) they said they had an idea, and they will get to it ‘later’. When will this be? Elsweyr or two years from now? We don’t know. Thus we are complaining about the here and now of the situation.
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 22, 2019 12:50PM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

No, you still don't get it. If you don't want to sneak, don't roll a Bosmer. Sneaking is what Bosmer are. It's like you are demanding Khajiit not be cats because you want to be a Khajiit only without the being a cat part. Name ONE TES game where Bosmer were not promoted by the manual or character creation screen as a thief race. Go ahead, look it up. I'll wait.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

You know, there's some people who play an RPG for RP. Shocking news, I suppose, but it happens.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭

I am not a ganker. I play 99.9% in PVE only. I will NOT rejoice that my race (and NOT the Khajiits) is losing a racial that they've had since Morrowind. That's TES III Morrowind, not the ESO update. You should understand that the gankers are going to use their free race change tokens to go from Bosmer to Khajiit and be completely unaffected.

edit looks like you moderated your comments later, nvmd

tbh what really bothers me is they took away disease resistance bosmers had since morrowind. I really dont see difference sneaking as bosmer or any other race, that's why i dont care about loosing stealth radius reduction whatsoever.

EDIT typo
    Edited by Czirne on February 22, 2019 1:02PM
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭

That’s patently untrue.

You know, there's some people who play an RPG for RP. Shocking news, I suppose, but it happens.

As i said in previous comments, I did thieves guild quest with heavy armor orc dk, and I was sneaking with no problem.

When you are roleplaying as a sneaky character, you hug the walls, stick in the shadows and avoid npc. Stealthy passive as it is now does not help with roleplaying sneaky character, au contraire it enables you to sneak right next to the npc and breaks the immersion.
    Edited by Czirne on February 22, 2019 1:08PM