The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

As a wood elf. What utility racial passive is the best?

• simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a different Utility racial passive all together.
    Give the woodelf 5% execute damage with enemies under 15% health. This would not make them OP. It is useful in PvP and PvE and is lore friendly. Wood elves are supposed to eat their enemies according to the Green Pack. The passive could be changed to Feeding Frenzy and the bonus damage would be the Wood Elf know their prey is about to die.
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now as of current date with 72 votes, results remain at a high 80% are unhappy with the Hunters Eye passive (57 votes), as of 4.3.3 patch notes.

80% do not want stealth detection.

Of those 57 who want the passive changed, ~62% do not want the dodge roll.

This should clearly show ZOS that Hunter's Eye is not well received and requires a massive overhaul.
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bosmer sorcerer (magicka) and a bosmer nightblade (stamina). I do not do PVP at all. Detection radius is useless. Dodge roll is a pain for my sorcerer, given all the other positioning stuff involved, plus low stamina to begin with, just to get the only racial benefit that's useful as a magicka character — the penetration.

I'm actually happy with the penetration (without the dodge roll), as it is the only benefit my sorcerer gets out of the racial passives. I dislike that, despite all the lore about the bosmer spinners, there was no racial support of magicka types for bosmers at all.

Stealth is certainly better than detection (and my nightblade loves to maximize her stealth), though I can understand not wanting to duplicate the khajiit stealth bonuses. The idea of reducing dodge roll costs seems like it would match the default trait of reduced damage from falls. Both modifications reflect higher general agility. Alternatively, reduced damage from any attack that does knock-back/knock-down. Actually, that sounds rather good, and it fits the agility theme.

So dump stealth (or just give a 1-2 m radius) and detection and dodge roll silliness. Reduce damage from knockback/knockdown, and provide magicka/stamina penetration without gimmicks.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Return wood elves Utility racial passive to how it was before this update.
    I don't care about the 10% bonus damage from stealth. I don't care about the dodge roll. But I wouldn't mind keeping things the way they are.

What I do care, however, is that my main character will either have to change gameplay entirely or become a Khajiit, none of which being acceptable, because of some PvP balance change. And a really bad one at that, if PvP players are to be believed (and I do not have much of a choice, I don't PvP myself).

Stealth detection has ZERO use in PvE. There are no stealthed enemies. The closest thing is NPC Nightblades cloaking before they attack you. You can see that coming, and just have to block or AoE. That is exactly the ONE situation where stealth detection would have some tiny little use in PvE.

Stealth itself, however, has many uses. Avoiding combat entirely being the most obvious, allowing a very stealthy character (meaning, more stealthy than what just sets can provide) to go wherever they damn please, go through a delve with minimum fighting... And well, we do have 2 DLC that revolve around stealth.

So... Yeah, I dare say the old passive is alot better than the new one. At the very least, the +stealth part should be kept. I perosnnaly don't care much about any other change to the racial passives, so long as I don't become as "stealthy" (ahem !) as an Orc or a Nord.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood elves are strong as *** in pts
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiron77 wrote: »
    Now as of current date with 72 votes, results remain at a high 80% are unhappy with the Hunters Eye passive (57 votes), as of 4.3.3 patch notes.

80% do not want stealth detection.

Of those 57 who want the passive changed, ~62% do not want the dodge roll.

This should clearly show ZOS that Hunter's Eye is not well received and requires a massive overhaul.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , please make sure the Maths Team sees that.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pen passive should have 100% uptime and can be lowered in value. That way all builds can benefit from it. If they do that, I am happy.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Return wood elves 3m reduced sneak detection paired with the new dodge roll speed buff.
    Skander wrote: »

None of which has anything to do with the crappy counter-stealth detection garbage. In fact, I don't think the entire last passive makes much difference. The improvements for Bosmer come from the other passives that no-one is complaining about.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    simeion wrote: »
    Give the woodelf 5% execute damage with enemies under 15% health. This would not make them OP. It is useful in PvP and PvE and is lore friendly. Wood elves are supposed to eat their enemies according to the Green Pack. The passive could be changed to Feeding Frenzy and the bonus damage would be the Wood Elf know their prey is about to die.

They eat them because the green pact forbids to kill wastefully and let their flesh rot, so they need to use their flesh as best as they can, not because they like eating people.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Return wood elves 3m reduced sneak detection paired with the new dodge roll speed buff.
    Nope, on PTS wood elf is at the bottom for anything other then some niche rolling senche pvp build used by 0.001% of players

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458985/raid-buffed-dps-test-each-class-each-dd-race-pts-4-3-3/p1
  • Nelphy
    Nelphy
    ✭✭
    I dont want a khajit charicter as lets be honest its a bit of an aquired taste as a cat person. I have allways played a stealthy Bosmer and I love the stealth bonus, so now I dont think im going to play untill this gets fixed.

LOADS OF PEOPLE LIKE TO ROLE PLAY STEALTHY CHARICTERS, WE DONT ALL WANT TO BE CAT PEOPLE DURRRRR.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, on PTS wood elf is at the bottom for anything other then some niche rolling senche pvp build used by 0.001% of players

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/458985/raid-buffed-dps-test-each-class-each-dd-race-pts-4-3-3/p1

lol love this argument because its only 1k difference between bosmer and top slot. Even a high elf stam sorc is only 2555 away from top slot.

This just means bosmer isnt terrible. It really means all the races are roughly the same because the only people that are going to care about 1-2k avg dmg are min-maxers/salty players and we complain about everything anyway lol. In fact, some of the parses had bosmer beat orc.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean... Their loss. My stamblade is shredding with senche.

Also, Bosmer makes an excellent pvp mag toon. Your survivability goes way up with the stam and speed boost.

Yall just have 0 ideas how to build around your race strengths and weaknesses.

The detection comes in handy on a mage too but the old racial WAS better. That's about the only thing.
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 31, 2019 7:27AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

I mean... Their loss. My stamblade is shredding with senche.

Also, Bosmer makes an excellent pvp mag toon. Your survivability goes way up with the stam and speed boost.

Yall just have 0 ideas how to build around your race strengths and weaknesses.

The detection comes in extremely handy on a mage too.

Mmmm...Your last line is false. The detection in Hunter’s Eye is not what you think it is. Test it by itself.

I have a healing mag Bosmer from day 1 and yes, in pvp his stam is a boon. Not having to worry about running out of stam for escape purposes is great I agree. No one is arguing about the stamina and stam recovery.

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh this is a necro'd post. Honestly now I love the dodge roll and the detect. IDK what I answered months ago.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Well, I'm starting to think we need to spam zone chat with this news.. but ZOS is clever, it's such a headache to receive that invitation for feedback on forum, so majority will simply drop attempts to get here.

These forums are going to light up when the patch drops. I am wondering if ZOS will still stay silent after that.

Correct on both points!

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    I also chose to play Bosmer as a thief! Bosmer and Khajiit lore wise seem to have certain skill sets in common. And so I feel that their passives do not necessarily need to be indistinguishable from each other, but rather more reflective of a relationship that competes and counters each others' skills.

I.E. Bosmer live in trees and khajiit always land on their feet, so reduced fall makes sense for both races. Both are sneaky, thieving cultures so sneak/thief perks apply. Etc.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Well, I'm starting to think we need to spam zone chat with this news.. but ZOS is clever, it's such a headache to receive that invitation for feedback on forum, so majority will simply drop attempts to get here.

These forums are going to light up when the patch drops. I am wondering if ZOS will still stay silent after that.

Correct on both points!

Great. I am so happy to be right about this. 😐

/sarcasm
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People did come to the forum though. As we learned most people didn’t notice until it was too late. In the main thread we get little trickles of new posters.

I didn’t think it would ever blow up but I know it affects the “bread and butter” players the most. The Elder Scrolls fans and the general populace who aren’t passionate min maxers.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom