Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

As a wood elf. What utility racial passive is the best?

elven.were_wolf
elven.were_wolf
✭✭✭✭
As I main a woodelf, I am unhappy about them removing reduced sneak detection as I play a theif and It benifits me a lot in my theiving gameplay. Don’t care for damage from stealth, though in my honest opinion. I made this poll to see what other people playing wood elves think and to also give ZOS an input on what the players want.
Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.

As a wood elf. What utility racial passive is the best? 131 votes

Return wood elves 3m reduced sneak detection paired with the new dodge roll speed buff.
29%
moonsugar66vailjohn_ESOdave_harter_ESOalexj4596b14_ESOWittychick42jbranstub17_ESOSilentFox22Ri_KhanRagnaroek93KatinasZathrasSwiftnoodleDalsinthusRazorback174elven.were_wolfTankinatorFRNyladreasRatzkifalmax_onlyA_Silverius 38 votes
Return wood elves Utility racial passive to how it was before this update.
25%
Anthony_ArndtDeathStalkerBlueRavenKorah_EaglecryKhipuNaftalStreegafeyiiCendrillion21AlucardmikeTruthsnarkSpiderKnightTevalaurRaddlemanNumber7GiantFruitFlyNarvuntienanadandyMurador178FakeFoxWIZZARD2K 33 votes
I like the ability to detect other sneaking players and the dodge roll speed buff. (New Changes)
19%
StxInklingsRikumaruMattock_Romulusvalidifyedneb18_ESOChrlynschJeezyeReifboaz733TBoisTheRealSnikerBrrrofski CzirneChunkyCatsusmitdsmeekmikoMorgul667PathwayMHappyLittleTreehuschdeguddzje 26 votes
I would like a different Utility racial passive all together.
25%
ZelosGedericzariaSodanTokEiron77kickback120ub17_ESOkojouolsborgCustos91lzzyMinnoTankHealz2015Toc de Malsvisimeionmethod__01TasearBladerunner1spiralvincentral_scrutinizerNox_Noir 34 votes
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Put reduced sneak detection radius into Fighter's Guild as a rank 10 passive so everyone can get it.
    • Change the dodge roll speed buff to reduced dodge roll cost because Bosmer are agile, meaning they can perform moves like dodge roll easier than other races. They don't have a faster top speed than other races after a dodge roll because that's not how agility works.
    • Extend detection of sneaking enemies beyond 3 meters. That distance is a joke.
    • Give a balanced, flat penetration value to Bosmer that doesn't have a weird conditional dodge roll to activate.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on February 11, 2019 11:38PM
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really doesn't matter if it's three, four or six seconds, the new passive Hunter's Eye is and remains absolutely useless. For PvE and PvP!

Why can't we get any cost reduction for dodge roll? Meanwhile, so many skills are undodgeable so the argument that would be the main defensive skill for medium armor doesn't count anymore!
    Players on medium armor have to block and heal as well! Maybe even more than players on heavy armor. It's no coincidence that so many players are running heavy armor!

So i really really really really don't understand ZOS' point of view here!

Btw:
    The best passive by far was the desease resistence!
    Edited by Sun7dance on February 11, 2019 11:33PM
    PS5|EU
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Put reduced sneak detection radius into Legerdemain so everyone can get it.
    • Change the dodge roll speed buff to reduced dodge roll cost because Bosmer are agile, meaning they can perform moves like dodge roll easier than other races. They don't have a faster top speed than other races after a dodge roll because that's not how agility works.
    • Extend detection of sneaking enemies beyond 3 meters. That distance is a joke.
    • Give a balanced, flat penetration value to Bosmer that doesn't have a weird conditional dodge roll to activate.

I would not put the sneak into ledger man (Not everyone who is stealthy is a thief), rather I would make it it's own skill line. (How does a player raise it? I don't know. Maybe when you launch attacks from stealth?) But I think it should be its own thing, divorced from all other gameplay. If a player wants stealth for PvP or PvE, they should not be forced into thieving.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

I would not put the sneak into ledger man (Not everyone who is stealthy is a thief), rather I would make it it's own skill line. (How does a player raise it? I don't know. Maybe when you launch attacks from stealth?) But I think it should be its own thing, divorced from all other gameplay. If a player wants stealth for PvP or PvE, they should not be forced into thieving.

That's fair. I wanted to keep it out of Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood but your concern makes sense. Maybe squeeze it into Fighter's Guild? There's no rank 10 passive. I'll update the earlier post.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

That's fair. I wanted to keep it out of Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood but your concern makes sense. Maybe squeeze it into Fighter's Guild? There's no rank 10 passive. I'll update the earlier post.

Oh! Fighters guild! I did not think about that one. Thats a great spot for it! I can get onboard with that.
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    Return wood elves 3m reduced sneak detection paired with the new dodge roll speed buff.
    I just want to keep my stealthy passive the way it was. I built my Bosmer I’ve had for years around it.

I could have chosen either A or B in this poll to keep my original stealth bonus, so I am not going to necessarily look at people choosing C as an indication people want the stealth change over those who don’t if A and B added together surpass C. I hope people who might read this thread realize this.
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to keep my stealthy passive the way it was. I built my Bosmer I’ve had for years around it.

I could have chosen either A or B in this poll to keep my original stealth bonus, so I am not going to necessarily look at people choosing C as an indication people want the stealth change over those who don’t if A and B added together surpass C. I hope people who might read this thread realize this.

Currently, if you combine the answers of A , B, and D there is a high majority that does not like the new racial. This matches what I've seen on the forums, and is how I hope those looking at the poll will see it.

Yeah, I had a hard time deciding on my vote because I am ok with any option besides C. I do NOT like the new Bosmer in any form. I REALLY wanted to vote as B., but I doubt ZOS will go back that route. I hate the passive being tied to a high cost, clunky maneuver ability. I'd rather they take this back to the drawing board and come up with something new. But, if that is all too much work, then I could settle with A. at this point.

Pretty much ANYTHING besides C. and give me back my reduced detection radius in stealth.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiron77 wrote: »

Yep - I'm an anything besides C as well. Once again, some good ideas in this thread if anyone was listening.
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    Just another attempt from ZOS and another failure. For the love of God stop with the dodge roll passive.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why they would remove the sneak passive from wood elf when it's just a *** flavour passive. It shouldn't even count as against the "racial score" they use (like Argonian swim speed).
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Dunmer can have 1875 stam/ mag and 258 weap/spell dmg. Why can't Bosmer have 2k stam and 258 stam/mag recovery?
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on February 12, 2019 3:23AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who voted to keep the new changes and get sneak detect, (3rd option) mind commenting? I’d like to know where in pve you plan to use sneak detect or if those people are thinking pvp only.
    Edited by max_only on February 12, 2019 3:41AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I voted to have the 3m with the roll dodge, but my ideal situation would be something different:

I would give Bosmer a 1m hiding bonus in Acrobat, their 1st free passive, to reflect the impact that their innate nimbleness and small size have on their ability to hide effectively.

I would put .5m hiding bonus for each rank of Improved Hiding in the Legerdemain tree (yes, @BlueRaven, I know you hate that one; but it is already called "improve hiding," and it should actually improve hiding. Improved stealth isn't really a fighter thing, nor is it a mage thing). This plus the 1m would give Bosmer a total of 3m hiding bonus.

I would reduce the Khajiit hiding bonus to 2m max (.5/1/2m at each stage of the passive); they would end up with a 4m hiding bonus at level 50.

I would change hunter's eye to have the roll dodge movement bonus, and a permanent penetration bonus for bows (and only bows -- Bosmer are supposed to be pre-eminent archers, above all). The pen bonus would probably need to be a bit lower as it would no longer be situational. I could care less about the detection, keep it or not at this point, it doesn't matter. It is meaningless either way. I guess leave it just for flavor, but who cares.

All in all, this would make Bosmer the best sneaks until level 35, as a level 35 Khajiit would be equal; second best at sneaking at level 50 and beyond, since the Khajiit will have exceeded them at that point. This is kind of a reflection as to what happened as the games progressed from Morrowind through Skyrim, Bosmer had the best bonus to stealth in the earlier games, but fell behind in the later one.

I tend to like this solution because it would open up stealth to all races more than it is now, which was one of the stated goals for the change; it would decrease the impact of the racial passive on stealth, which was another goal; and it would make the Bosmer and Khajiit passives different but preserve part of what was essential for both, which was another goal. As it stands now, the current solution that we have now meets exactly 0.0% of these stated goals.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Those who voted to keep the new changes and get sneak detect, (3rd option) mind commenting? I’d like to know where in pve you plan to use sneak detect or if those people are thinking pvp only.

They aren't Bosmer, it's the 'you just wanna gank' whiners.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • jbranstub17_ESO
    jbranstub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A,B, or D

#MakeBosmerGreatAgain
    Ariadne Tristesse - Breton D.Staff DPS Necromancer, Vampire [NA/AD]
    Riewen - Bosmer Bow DPS Warden, Werewolf [NA/EP]
    Haede - Breton DW DPS Templar [NA/DC]
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hoping that they are going to get that Hunters Eye passive right and each week I am further disappointed. There have been a plethora of balanced and more appropriate racial bonuses suggested in the past weeks, their stubbornness on this one is truly perplexing.

I hate to sound cynical, and I’m opening myself up to criticism and ridicule by saying this, but I don’t think the class reps are fighting hard enough, or even at all for better Bosmer balance. I get they are in a decent spot for PVE stam dps. I get it. But Hunters Eye is objectively the worst racial passive in this balance pass and it is frustrating as hell to see them ignore the hundreds and hundreds of comments on this issue.

I have come to terms with the loss of stealth detection radius, though I understand some of you are still fighting for that and I support you with awesome and agrees to your comments.

At this point I just want Hunters Eye to offer a permanent, instead of conditional bonus.

Permanent reduced roll dodge cost, pen increase, mag recovery increase (tying back to Spinner lore flavor), increased weapon crit chance (hey they took something away from us and gave it to Khajiit, why not give us what Khajiit just lost?). Something! Anything except the trash that it is now. 3 meters of worthless detection and a temporary pen boost that costs an action and resources to take advantage for a few seconds...what a complete joke to even consider that pen in your build.

They fixed Imperials with the block/bash converting to all abilities. Orcs got buffed to the fricken moon. Why the hell are Bosmer saddled with such a dud passive? We the players have been voicing and fighting over this for weeks, have our Class Reps been fighting just as hard for us? Maybe, maybe not.

The changes to Bosmer, or lack there of, doesn’t inspire much faith within me.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part of the problem is that the class reps are reps for the classes. There's no 'bosmer' rep, and no 'redguard' rep per se. And the reps did bring up the concerns over the loss of stealth, and got a brush-off we'll deal with it later garbage answer.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re not even really “class” reps, there isn’t a DK rep or a Sorc rep etcetera. The program should have been renamed early on to better describe what these players are which is more of a general/systems/balance liaison.

They are all high end PC players with accomplished characters on ALL classes. That being said, they are an excellent representative of high level / end game ESO. But they are still biased, like everyone else is but that isn’t really the problem.

I’ve been taking a look in many of the Bosmer threads and there isn’t too much of a class rep presence. I would love to see a class rep share the concerns over part of the Bosmer racial passive being tied to the clunky roll dodge, AND reassuring that they are fighting with ZOS to re-examine this passive.

Both because the detection component is an insult, and because having the meat of the passive only active for a few seconds after a roll dodge is very unsatisfying for many reasons.

I would be happy to be wrong on this account but I have not seen them fighting for justice on Hunters Eye outside of a few comments on the stealth component.

Edited by Left4Daud on February 12, 2019 8:20AM
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far the results have remained consistent: More than 3/4 of player's who voted are not happy with the Hunter's Eye passive and wish to see it revised.
    Edited by Eiron77 on February 12, 2019 9:49AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them an additional duration to all alchemy based items. Something that will give 90-100% uptime on 2 effect poisons will help create diversity while also offsetting weaknesses in builds for Bosmer mains.

Otherwise they are fine (maybe get the stealth radius back lol)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm starting to think we need to spam zone chat with this news.. but ZOS is clever, it's such a headache to receive that invitation for feedback on forum, so majority will simply drop attempts to get here.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm starting to think we need to spam zone chat with this news.. but ZOS is clever, it's such a headache to receive that invitation for feedback on forum, so majority will simply drop attempts to get here.

These forums are going to light up when the patch drops. I am wondering if ZOS will still stay silent after that.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally for my bosmer, I don't like any of current utilitiy but I can make use of it so I am fine. I still think penetration was poorly implemented.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggest you do if you feel that strongly about being wronged. 🍿I am just waiting for altmer changes though ...can you imagine people's reaction. There will be so much backlash. Well I mean bosmer too but altmers will be far more outspoken.
    Edited by Tasear on February 13, 2019 2:04AM
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, zone chat might be what we need.

Now of 60 votes, 79% are not happy with the Hunter's Eye passive.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

I suggest you do if you feel that strongly about being wronged. 🍿I am just waiting for altmer changes though ...can you imagine people's reaction. There will be so much backlash. Well I mean bosmer too but altmers will be far more outspoken.

Yep, we bosmers are quiet folk, used to be niche race. But for those proud altmers to see that they were ripped off recovery, it will be a bomb :neutral:
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a feedback form in the Class rep thread, I filled one of those out for what good it may do.

Y'know, if the Altmer thing returned whatever had the lowest % of full, it could make sense and be useful, but it sounds like it just gives whatever resource is lowest, which would always be stam for a magic-heavy race; and that's just silly. But I'll let the Altmer fight their own battles. Not like they jumped in front of this train coming for the Bosmers.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a feedback form in the Class rep thread, I filled one of those out for what good it may do.

Y'know, if the Altmer thing returned whatever had the lowest % of full, it could make sense and be useful, but it sounds like it just gives whatever resource is lowest, which would always be stam for a magic-heavy race; and that's just silly. But I'll let the Altmer fight their own battles. Not like they jumped in front of this train coming for the Bosmers.

Form? Link?

(That altmer passive is weird.)
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brought up here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416444/eso-class-representative-program-feedback-channels

Link is this: https://goo.gl/forms/gGFVynPcDcZn5yiH2
  • Eiron77
    Eiron77
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that. I provided feedback, for whatever it is worth.