Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

End of Campaign Rewards: Gold Weapons Instead of Jewelry?

MrTtheDK
MrTtheDK
✭✭✭
Received gold weapons instead of jewelry. Is that intended? Kind of a bummer. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert
Main:
DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
Game: @TalosSeptim
  • ZRT
    ZRT
    ✭✭✭
    I also received gold weapons instead of jewelry much to my dismay. I was #2 on the winning faction.
    AFTERMATH GM
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got 3 gold weps and 2 random pvp set pics. Trash
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is complete BS. It's some sick joke.

Screenshot_20190211_165015.png
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be in a PVP guild with players who had a brief meeting with ZOS about AvA issues a few years ago. One of the participants described a scenario in which he felt the ZOS devs in attendance were not only dismissive of PVP issues, but overtly rude to the players they seemed to immediately discriminate against as toxic for no reason. Apparently the ZOS devs were offended by forum posts by other players.

In that context, I truly wonder if they get some kind of sadistic pleasure of little stunts like this. Sort of like giving us wall repair kits as part of end of campaign rewards -- that had to be for the lulz.

The facts are that we went two campaign cycles with the previous loot table and now that it has been updated, we see the rewards have apparently been nerfed by removing jewelry.

Not only did ZOS fail to correctly compensate us for receiving the wrong rewards the first cycle, when they did update the loot table, they nerfed the rewards.

So I truly wonder if these are mistakes or fun at our expense. Whatever the case is, it is clear we are not valued by ZOS.
    Edited by zyk on February 12, 2019 4:49AM
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say, is that I am extremely happy that I decided not to focus my time into getting a gold level reward this campaign cycle. Had I done that, and receive garbage like gold powered battlefield acrobat lightning staff or gold charged spell strategist maul, I would be super pissed right now.

ZOS sure knows how to drop the ball. They are pros at it by this point.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it’s okay guys cause soon you’ll be able to buy a pack donkey outta the crown store and he’ll carry your extra lock picks and soul gems!! 🙄
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For finishing first overall on Vivec, I received a Yellow Spell Strategist Bow, random useless pieces of armor and gold.
    No jewelry. Hopefuly they have plans next chapter to encourage people to pvp competitively. This is a joke.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 12, 2019 7:29AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I finally get to use my favorite quote from the class rep notes.
    I know this is not what anyone was looking for, but it is what it is and if you’re going to play Cyrodiil next update, then I highly suggest you channel your frustrations into useful suggestions

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why put myself in the process of hurting my eyes in the completely unplayable laggy mess Cyrodiil EU is atm? For a pair of training breeches, for a battlefield acrobat inferno staff or for maybe 10 gold materials which I could easily acquire from 2 days of daily crafting writs with my characters?
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why put myself in the process of hurting my eyes in the completely unplayable laggy mess Cyrodiil EU is atm? For a pair of training breeches, for a battlefield acrobat inferno staff or for maybe 10 gold materials which I could easily acquire from 2 days of daily crafting writs with my characters?

I stopped trying about 2weeks before, just doing everything else..glad i did, my time was well spent and not wasted

Grind for 30 days and you get a box of ***..gg 🤦‍♂️
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    For finishing first overall on Vivec, I received a Yellow Spell Strategist Bow, random useless pieces of armor and gold.
    No jewelry. Hopefuly they have plans next chapter to encourage people to pvp competitively. This is a joke.

I'd also like to see competitive play rewarded. Unfortunately ranking by AP earnt isn't really a competitive measure because it shows more time spent rather than skill level.

I'd like to see them implement daily faction rewards for which faction achieves the best score increase that day.
    Also a guild based system which showed guild participation e.g. ap earnt at a claimed keep in terms of ticks or perhaps keeps captured / enemies killed / time keep owned etc.. Sure this would also give a boost for people who play longer but might be an interesting to see the values too.

Also bring back master weapons in reward bags....
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 12, 2019 12:56PM
    @Solar_Breeze
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is not what anyone was looking for, but it is what it is and if you’re going to play Cyrodiil next update, then I highly suggest you channel your frustrations into useful suggestions

Useful Suggestion: Provide gear IE Golden Jewelry worthy of being in the top 2 percent of a thirty day campaign. Not 6 golden mats from the gear I am going to decon (If I am lucky to get one)
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• bostonguitarkid
    Also received gold weapons/gear with generally useless traits. We're talking about folks in the top 2% of the winning faction of a 30 day campaign. That reward is hardly proportionate to the outcome that players push for. Especially given the relative difficulty for PvPers to monetize AP.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple shoulders and a transmute crystal..

I mean.. gee wizz
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd also like to see competitive play rewarded. Unfortunately ranking by AP earnt isn't really a competitive measure because it shows more time spent rather than skill level.

I'd like to see them implement daily faction rewards for which faction achieves the best score increase that day.
    Also a guild based system which showed guild participation e.g. ap earnt at a claimed keep in terms of ticks or perhaps keeps captured / enemies killed / time keep owned etc.. Sure this would also give a boost for people who play longer but might be an interesting to see the values too.

The way it is now, you are right. Earning AP is not really competitive for different reasons.

For example, 2weeks into Mayhem, the top6 of EP were all Rapid Regen spammers excluding me on a bomblade.

People simply spam rapid regeneration while watching netflix on their second monitor. Since the heal itself is considered smart healing, you simply have to be in range of wounded enemies currently in pvp combat and you get AP. I already communicated this information to ZOS and got an acknowledgement. Hopefuly something will be done about that.

The second point is the amount of AP you get for simply "pvdooring" the map (offensive ticks). Apparently next patch they intend on buffing the amount of AP you get for defending to promote people to ride back to objectives to defend.

If these 2 elements are done correctly, earning AP should get to much closer to the level of competition I would expect.

This being said, I don't believe that the time I spent last campaign has more to do with being first than the amount of people I killed. Yes sure if you compare it to the top50 but not if you compare it to the top10. The reason why I spent so much time the first 2 weeks was to catch up on people who barely sleep or again because of the deficiency of rapid regen.

Being in full divine / light armor killing people procing 1-10 earthgores everytime you bomb is not as easy as most people think. I got alot of whispers from random people last campaign who asked me infos about builds and I personally trained alot of friends who were interested to try it. Most realized it was definitely not as easy as expected.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 12, 2019 3:38PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least jewelry decon was worth something. Getting purple or gold weapon/armor mats - that's about as useful as the 10 repair stones they used to give us.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll take all your gold weapons, especially the more bizarre ones. I need it for my collection. Can't ever hoard too much!
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Like what?!
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    I was very dissappointed too with the rewards this time. This is not the free daily reward or something but a thirty day campaign reward. Should be a but usefull or possible to sell.
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    I am literally flabbergasted that there was never a response on this from ZoS. I am normally a "benefit of the doubt" kind of guy but WTF. I dont use the forums often but communication seems to be extremely lacking on actual inquires (Confirmed via Dev Tracker) and in game support doesnt provide answers. What is the purpose of the forums? Why reward PVPers with gear and weapons that they can normally get from plain rewards of the worthy. Armor/Weapons can be upgraded at a basic cost as opposed to Jewelry which is ungodly expensive for some unknown grindy reason. I thought Zeni was improving in the area of player base communication but it always seems to be on their terms and when they feel like it. Are other games like this? I feel cultivating an open dialog via the forums would at least give the perception of interest in non class rep concerns.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

What a quote! Marvelous.
    Edited by Stratforge on February 16, 2019 2:02AM
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I saw the title I thought....
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »

Not good enough. I mean, it will have to be, but this is not taking care of your customers.

How many months has it been since AvA players have received their correct rewards? We should be given the rewards we earned retroactively.

Please consider the IC exp bug from last year. How much effort did ZOS put in to manually ensure the exploiters were actioned? That was a good thing, but we need the same kind of effort here to make things right.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    RMerlin wrote: »

Not good enough. I mean, it will have to be, but this is not taking care of your customers.

How many months has it been since AvA players have received their correct rewards? We should be given the rewards we earned retroactively.

Please consider the IC exp bug from last year. How much effort did ZOS put in to manually ensure the exploiters were actioned? That was a good thing, but we need the same kind of effort here to make things right.

You do realise you are making the argument in zos's favour right?

When you triage bugs you consider their impact and assign a priority.
    A clear exploit which would allow players to progress at an unintended rate bypassing the normal grind which drives crown sales (thus losing zos money) would clearly be prioritised ahead of players receiving a reward but it not being completely correct.

Now if we all got a stack of 200 upgrade mats then I'm sure they would have fixed it fairly fast but receiving a bad reward isn't exactly game breaking. Sure it affects motivation etc but in terms of how the game is played it doesn't prevent or harm anything.

Ofc I would be nice if they actually bothered to check this considering it had already been wrong for 2 cycles and would have built them some good will but in terms of priority it's not particularly high.
    @Solar_Breeze