Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is ZOS forcing spoilers on us?

GLP323b14_ESO
GLP323b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭

That is, if you're interested in getting event tickets for feathers and berries for the Indrik mounts.

How does this force spoilers on people? Well, I'm now forced to explore and reveal Vvardenfel and parts of its story, well before I'm interested in doing so, and if I'm RPing my character before he'd even be in these areas to begin with, based on following the story arcs. Why? Because the Indrik event insists I participate in this Vvardenfell Celebration.

How so?

A few of problems here with this Indrik mount insanity, and a lot of them stem from Issue #1. At least the aforementioned problem could be allieviated if ZOS would clarify #1 below.

1) ZOS has failed to, or refuses to, let players know if this Indrik mount collection endeavor is a limited thing, available only since the first festival it appeared in, and will be completed afterwards, never to be seen again. Or if this is an ongoing thing, that will allow you to work on getting the Indrik mount in its various evolutions year-after-year.

2) Getting the Indrik and its various evolutions is a complicated and convoluted process, which is prone to error (numerous players having already screwed up and lost tickets buying the incorrect items).

3) Event tickets are not abundant and you can't collect an excess amount of them during the events.

4) Event periods are not long. 2 weeks at best.

5) You can only get a small number of tickets per day.

6) You have to participate in events on most of its available days to get enough tickets for a single purchase of feathers or berries.

7) Availability of the things needed for the Indrik mount and its evolutions is limited to specific time periods. (e.g. Berries)

8) Many of the events require unlocking content, prerequisite quests, and going to widely dispersed zones, regions, areas you may not have been to.

So.... here I am, with Vvardenfell entirely unexposed to my character, whose nowhere near doing that part of the story line, as I'm currently trying to do things in their most logical chronological and storyline order (which is largely based on expansion/dlc release order) , and I'm initially thinking "Okay I only have to do one delve boss and one world boss a day. That's not too bad. I'll expose one delve and one world boss location on Vvardenfell and just do those every day."

But no. Getting the event tickets are based on daily quests which I was forced to unlock by engaging in the story line (forced spoilers on me.) And the daily quests send you to different delves or world bosses across Vvardenfell each day. So now I'm trying to get to these locations, on a landscape that's not condusive to running directly to where you need to go, and spoiling tons of landscape that I'd REALLY have liked to enjoy at my leisure and come across naturally, rather than running willy-nilly haphazardly across the map, past interesting landmarks, points of interest, towns, etc... trying to find a way to get to the delve or world boss I need to do.

And all this because, while I AM perfectly content to take multiple years to get each of the Indrik evolutions, doing these events and collecting tickets at my leisure, and not feeling pressured to participate in events and spoil content for myself (like I already had to do for Clockwork city, and parts of every other zone), ZOS won't give us the information we players need to NOT feel pressured that we have to participate in events or otherwise lose our chance to get these mounts and their evolutions.

So again I ask ZOS, will you PLEASE let the player community know if this Indrik mount collection endeavor will be an ongoing thing year-after-year , or if we had better do everything in our power to grind these things out now and participate on most event days because once this opportunity is gone, it's gone!

PC/NA @GP323
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much hassle for a mount.
    Drop it like a piece of venison.
    Not gonna run around for it.
    Evolving are for kids playing pokemons.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the process of getting the indriks is over complex for something who is mainly created to get players who don't play so often to play more.

However you can get 24 tickets during this event.
    Purpose of events is to get people to play daily.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfel is a year old, how long does ZOS need to wait for you?
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2 main quests from Vvardenfell to unlock dailys, than do not play any other story beside doing dailys is not rly that much revealing, however I do understand you, I also would not want to do this event if I did not finish main zones first.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    if its over a year old its not a spoiler
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get over it, Morrowind has been out for more than 1.5 years...... You're just slow, can't expect Zenimax to take that into account ... Want them to send you an email next time to ask if you've finished an area before they do an event there ?

If it really is so important for you not to spoil it, don't go there and wait until you can get tickets from the next event when it is done in an area you've already been to.
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    Get over it, Morrowind has been out for more than 1.5 years...... You're just slow, can't expect Zenimax to take that into account ... Want them to send you an email next time to ask if you've finished an area before they do an event there ?

If it really is so important for you not to spoil it, don't go there and wait until you can get tickets from the next event when it is done in an area you've already been to.

/Whoosh!
    PC/NA @GP323
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do what I do:
    1. create a throwaway alt
    2. Mute the game
    3. Skip all dialogue
    4. Look at the floor when you travel to the quests at all times.

All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭

3) Event tickets are not abundant and you can't collect an excess amount of them during the events.

Not really true, the length of the event and number of tickets you get is ample to get the current berry, plus a feather for the replacement base indrik that we will need after the 'evolution' of our current one.

• GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »

Not really true, the length of the event and number of tickets you get is ample to get the current berry, plus a feather for the replacement base indrik that we will need after the 'evolution' of our current one.

If you play every day
    PC/NA @GP323
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you think you are being ‘forced’ to do this event, then just don’t take part! No need to whinge!

Not sure if you are a new player, but since the whole indrik / event thing has started, there have been plenty of opportunities to earn tickets - have enough to have 1 nascent indrik, 3 other feathers, 2 berries plus from today 10 event tickets.

Other events have ‘forced’ players to do things they were not keen on - such as pvp.

Morrowind has been out for quite a long time now, so not really ‘spoilers’. And doing a couple of dailies quickly does not ruin the game.

And Zos have said that tickets will be available to buy in the future.

• albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »

If you play every day

Which is the point of these events

(edited for grammar)
    Edited by albesca on February 11, 2019 9:33AM
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in a similar position. Before this event started I'd played very little of Morrowind, the start of the main quest and a few side quests. But I don't think that's a problem because the event only requires you to do the daily quests and those don't relate to the main story and even if you speak to the NPCs before and after for all the information on the quest it won't tell you anything except Morrowind has the same sort of problems you find everywhere else in Tamriel.

And seriously what are they supposed to do? Put all special events on the starter islands just in case new people want to play who haven't gotten further than that? What about new people who start in Summerset or Vvardenfell and want to do the game in the order ZOS are telling them they should instead of the order other players say they prefer?

There's only so long a new story or area can be treated as new and protected from spoilers before it becomes impractical and starts to look like you're avoiding it. Morrowind came out a year and a half ago and isn't even the latest chapter any more, I'd say that time is long past.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Event tickets will be available on the crown store later this month, so no-one is forcing you to play any content you don't want to play - with gifting you can just go harvest nodes, earn gold, and buy the event tickets with gold if they can be gifted, without you having to touch Vvardenfell or do any quests.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting the Indrik and its various evolutions is a complicated and convoluted process, which is prone to error (numerous players having already screwed up and lost tickets buying the incorrect items).

Your post is insightful on several aspects, but this I can't agree with. Those people really just needed to RTFM. Seriously.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Two years.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But no. Getting the event tickets are based on daily quests which I was forced to unlock by engaging in the story line (forced spoilers on me.)

No. The quest you have to complete is not a significant spoiler. If I was more of an *******, I could spoil the **** out of the Vvardenfell storyline in less than a paragraph.

There are spoilers to the Vvardenfell story. Stuff you encounter that does change the context of that story. The first quest, necessary to unlock those dailies, does not spoil that in any meaningful way. It just tells you, "hey, stuff's messed up on Vvardenfell," which, you know, it is. And you probably realized that the instant Vvardenfell was added to the game. ZOS is not going to stick a zone in the game where nothing's wrong.

Similarly, the quest needed to unlock the Ashlander dailies isn't a spoiler, because it's entirely unrelated to the story arc on Vvardenfell. It's a self contained story.

The delves are also self-contained. None of them are relevant to the overall storyline. (Unlike Summerset, which does send you to the delves as you progress through the main storyline.

So, no, this event doesn't spoil Morrowind, or ESO as a whole. It does put a lot of little mysteries out there, and begs you to continue, but it's not going to spoil what happened.
    1) ZOS has failed to, or refuses to, let players know if this Indrik mount collection endeavor is a limited thing, available only since the first festival it appeared in, and will be completed afterwards, never to be seen again. Or if this is an ongoing thing, that will allow you to work on getting the Indrik mount in its various evolutions year-after-year.

The Indrick may be perennial, but the morphs are not. Those are, at least for now, one shot.
    2) Getting the Indrik and its various evolutions is a complicated and convoluted process, which is prone to error (numerous players having already screwed up and lost tickets buying the incorrect items).

This is true. It's a UI issue, but it is regrettable that there wasn't a better system put in place to deal with this.

This is, in fact, not true. Every event, with the exception of last year's Witches Festival has provided at least 20 tickets.

The Anniversary Event scheduled for the end of this quarter will be five weeks long. Additionally, the New Life Festival was three weeks. Granted, it only provided 21 tickets total, but still, three weeks.

6) You have to participate in events on most of its available days to get enough tickets for a single purchase of feathers or berries.

If by "most," you mean, "less than half" then yes.

The only time you'd need every available ticket is if your goal is to obtain every possible Indrik mount. In that case, you would need to be here all the time. But that seems like a goal that justifies excessive measures. You can get what you want reasonably, or you can get everything, but you'll need to be here.
    7) Availability of the things needed for the Indrik mount and its evolutions is limited to specific time periods. (e.g. Berries)

8) Many of the events require unlocking content, prerequisite quests, and going to widely dispersed zones, regions, areas you may not have been to.

This seems deliberate.

In MMOs, it's easy to get into a rut. "Do these same six dailies every day until you burn out and lose interest in the game." This sticks bait out there for content you might not touch. Look at the range of events. PvP. Witches Festival, which required you do a wide variety of content this year, instead of simply letting you camp on a Dolmen, and grind until your eyes bled, like the previous two years. New Life, with its own seasonal quests. Clockwork City. Morrowind. The Undaunted Celebration with its focus on getting players into group content, even if that's not normally their thing.

From the word go, the entire ticket system has been built to push players to leave their comfort zones and experience parts of the game they may have missed in the past.

Here we are, five months in, and I've got to say, it's working. They're getting people to do things they wouldn't normally try. Including you. You're being asked to go to a zone, poke around, and take a taste. That you're complaining about it is suggesting that it's working, because you already feel that you've experienced spoilers, when you've seen nothing of the sort.

"Come to Vvardenfell for the event tickets, stay because that NPC is dogmeat."
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is, if you're interested in getting event tickets for feathers and berries for the Indrik mounts.

How does this force spoilers on people? Well, I'm now forced to explore and reveal Vvardenfel and parts of its story, well before I'm interested in doing so, and if I'm RPing my character before he'd even be in these areas to begin with, based on following the story arcs. Why? Because the Indrik event insists I participate in this Vvardenfell Celebration.

How so?

A few of problems here with this Indrik mount insanity, and a lot of them stem from Issue #1. At least the aforementioned problem could be allieviated if ZOS would clarify #1 below.

So.... here I am, with Vvardenfell entirely unexposed to my character, whose nowhere near doing that part of the story line, as I'm currently trying to do things in their most logical chronological and storyline order (which is largely based on expansion/dlc release order) , and I'm initially thinking "Okay I only have to do one delve boss and one world boss a day. That's not too bad. I'll expose one delve and one world boss location on Vvardenfell and just do those every day."

But no. Getting the event tickets are based on daily quests which I was forced to unlock by engaging in the story line (forced spoilers on me.) And the daily quests send you to different delves or world bosses across Vvardenfell each day. So now I'm trying to get to these locations, on a landscape that's not condusive to running directly to where you need to go, and spoiling tons of landscape that I'd REALLY have liked to enjoy at my leisure and come across naturally, rather than running willy-nilly haphazardly across the map, past interesting landmarks, points of interest, towns, etc... trying to find a way to get to the delve or world boss I need to do.

And all this because, while I AM perfectly content to take multiple years to get each of the Indrik evolutions, doing these events and collecting tickets at my leisure, and not feeling pressured to participate in events and spoil content for myself (like I already had to do for Clockwork city, and parts of every other zone), ZOS won't give us the information we players need to NOT feel pressured that we have to participate in events or otherwise lose our chance to get these mounts and their evolutions.

So again I ask ZOS, will you PLEASE let the player community know if this Indrik mount collection endeavor will be an ongoing thing year-after-year , or if we had better do everything in our power to grind these things out now and participate on most event days because once this opportunity is gone, it's gone!

It's just a mount maybe with the next crate season you're getting the indrik crownstore special mount, what iam saying waaay to much effort for a lousy mount.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itsmichi wrote: »

How so?

It's just a mount maybe with the next crate season you're getting the indrik crownstore special mount, what iam saying waaay to much effort for a lousy mount.

I mean, it's more effort than just buying it outright, but two specific dailies isn't a lot of work. If you aren't logging on for a few minutes every day to do that, it shouldn't matter that much if you have it.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not forced to chase the Indrik. Which also means you are not forced to do the Morrowind Celebration. Which in the end means you are not forced into Spoilers. The Indrik does not offer you anything other than a mount that looks cool.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever wondered if you take your gaming too seriously? Because if this is how you react to completely optional systems, you take your gaming too seriously.
    Edited by Anrose on February 11, 2019 1:39PM
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Come to Vvardenfell for the event tickets, stay because that NPC is dogmeat."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, but i found that very funny.

And as for spoilers, this topic contains more spoilers than the quests you had to do to unlock the dailies so there you have it.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • NatalyaPeterovna
    NatalyaPeterovna
    ✭✭✭
    As my grandmother, a good friend of the political philosopher and brilliant woman herself would say:
    "Vote with your feet"
    Sadly the understanding of any non-literal saying is lost on many-so I'll explain, If you don't like the way something is, just don't participate
    Another one of her sayings were:
    "Write a letter!"
    Once again ill explain just in case, if you don't like it speak up for yourself and tell 'em. and if you are actually infuriated enough to do more than whine on a forum you should write a hand written letter, they cant click a button for an auto-response, they'll have to go through the process of reading it!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If rushing through the story to get tickets is a problem, slow down and enjoy the story.

All of the events so far have given more tickets than needed, so even if you miss a few taking your time, it will be fine.

The Events are essentially promotional stunts or their Content.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 11, 2019 2:00PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evolving the indriks is really annoying. But I like the double drops in Vvardenfel from the bosses. Some of the armor sets still sell pretty well on the vendor store.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much hassle for a mount.
    Drop it like a piece of venison.
    Not gonna run around for it.
    Evolving are for kids playing pokemons.
    Whoah, I still play Pokemon. Why so much haterade?
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • srfrogg23
      srfrogg23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      There will be other events. You can skip this one. No harm, no foul.
    • Zathras
      Zathras
      ✭✭✭✭✭

So again I ask ZOS, will you PLEASE let the player community know if this Indrik mount collection endeavor will be an ongoing thing year-after-year

^ Your long, and hysterical post boils down to this question.

Currently, no one knows. I think that's the point. They want us out en masse to these events, for logins, and whatever other data points they are measuring. Creating the perception of "limited time offer" is compelling. It works. However, there is a lot of time left in the year (if you are after later transformations), and 2 more events this season (if you want the currently offered transformation).

Given that each event lets you earn more tickets than you really need, you could skip this one if it is causing you too much angst, and you'd probably be ok.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
    • wenchmore420b14_ESO
      wenchmore420b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      For those not wanting to do the Events to acquire the Tickets, they are coming to Crown Store in late Q1.
      You can just wait and buy them with Crowns.

Note that we are also planning to add Event Tickets to the Crown Store late Q1
      Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on February 11, 2019 4:32PM
      Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
      NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
      GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
      Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
      "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
      #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
      “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    • iiYuki
      iiYuki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ackwalan wrote: »

The age old question of how long before a spoiler stops being a spoiler.
      Personally I think 2 weeks to a month and its fair game, but the Morrowind expansion came out in June 2017 how long do people need?
      "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
      - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ