Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnishing location list (Please help)

twisttop138
twisttop138
✭✭
Good evening everyone. I'm pretty new to the housing community. I'm fairly new to the game as well but that's another matter.

I got into mmo housing in swtor and eso housing is miles above that. My wife and I are making theme rooms for our free villa. I've started planning and collecting for that project but I'm having a difficult time finding where and how to farm different furnishings.

I'll give an example; the other day I learned that bottles and skooma bubblers come from pickpocketing drunks. My question is this: is there a list that tells me all the furnishings and where and how they are acquired?

I have, of course been looking on Google and have had some luck on mmo fashion and the ever awesome uesp(?) I'm just curious if someone put all that scattered knowledge in a list somewhere.

I thank you in advance for any help and advice you may offer.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing recipes seem to drop pretty much anywhere - I presume they are more prevalent in their respective racial zones, but you can loot them from any chest / wardrobe / cupboard etc in game.
    Some drop primarily from mobs, such as the Deadric plans that drop from any Deadra mobs throughout the world, and possibly more commonly from Daedric themed dungeons.
    Certain items are looted from pick-pocketing / murdering NPCs in different zones, ESO Fashion should give you info on that.
    This I *think* is an extensive list of items and where to find them: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/furnishings
  • twisttop138
    twisttop138
    ✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Furnishing recipes seem to drop pretty much anywhere - I presume they are more prevalent in their respective racial zones, but you can loot them from any chest / wardrobe / cupboard etc in game.
    Some drop primarily from mobs, such as the Deadric plans that drop from any Deadra mobs throughout the world, and possibly more commonly from Daedric themed dungeons.
    Certain items are looted from pick-pocketing / murdering NPCs in different zones, ESO Fashion should give you info on that.
    This I *think* is an extensive list of items and where to find them: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/furnishings

Thank you very much for your reply and link. I have many many cool furnishing plans looted through game play and bought from traders. That list of actual decorations that are lootable is exactly the kind of info I'm after.
  • twisttop138
    twisttop138
    ✭✭
    Anyone else have a list or cool stuff you can pickpocket or loot from specific places?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outlaws - Gambling Dice
    Guards - Bounty Posters
    Beggars - Bread morsels, sometimes mugs
    Drunks - Mugs, liquor bottles
    Scholars - stack of papers, quills

Those are just the ones I've personally gotten. Also anyone in Vvardenfall can drop house outfit motifs.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure but I think they changed the skooma bubblers and they don't drop anymore.
    Edited by anadandy on February 9, 2019 2:17PM
  • twisttop138
    twisttop138
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Outlaws - Gambling Dice
    Guards - Bounty Posters
    Beggars - Bread morsels, sometimes mugs
    Drunks - Mugs, liquor bottles
    Scholars - stack of papers, quills

Those are just the ones I've personally gotten. Also anyone in Vvardenfall can drop house outfit motifs.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure but I think they changed the skooma bubblers and they don't drop anymore.

Dice? So awesome. Thank you, could really use those. The bounty posters are something I've been trying to get for awhile for my outlaw/thieves den themed room so thank you for those. I wish I could give 2 awesome presses for you.
  • twisttop138
    twisttop138
    ✭✭
    Anyone else? We could just turn this thread into the collective list I was asking about in the op!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stealing from furniture like Wardrobes and Desks can also yield items, such as Papers, Inkwells, Quills, Stacks of Leather or Cloth and Spools. Treasure chests can sometimes contain paintings.

That said, furniture items (except Achievement furniture and items purchased in the Crown Store) can be traded with other players, so you have better odds of getting them at guild traders (check the Tamriel Trade Center website for listings) than to pickpocket a specific item - you'll get gold from stealing in the meantime anyway so you'll be able to afford to buy it :smile:
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten purple furnishing plans from lootable containers in pledge dungeons :)
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    There is an ESO wiki page https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishings with a list of vendors and general drop locations.

I am not sure how it compares to the mmo-fashion site listed above.
    Edited by Malkorga on February 9, 2019 5:30PM
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I some time ago made a list of what I found so far and can confirm to drop and of what I know. Only problem for you might be it's completely in German and the updates are all over the thread as well, at least in parts.
    Metal forever \m/
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get an hourglass recipe in the gold coast from priests (Kvatch).
    You can get coffin and coffin lid recipes from vampires.
    You can get wood elf throne recipes from nobles in Eldenroot.
    You can get breton throne recipes from nobles in Wayrest.
    You can get orc throne recipes from nobles in Orsinium.
    You can get a writing desk recipe (if I recall) from temple priests in the starting city in Summerset (I forget the name).
    Get the dark brotherhood passive that allows you to interact with Remains Silent to get a free item once a day that may include furnishings such as candles, hearts, and I forget the last item)
    Doing Ashlander dailies in Vvardenfell gives a chance to get a rare red crystal furnishing (I forget the name).

There are others, but I can't think of them at the moment.
  • twisttop138
    twisttop138
    ✭✭
    You can get an hourglass recipe in the gold coast from priests (Kvatch).
    You can get coffin and coffin lid recipes from vampires.
    You can get wood elf throne recipes from nobles in Eldenroot.
    You can get breton throne recipes from nobles in Wayrest.
    You can get orc throne recipes from nobles in Orsinium.
    You can get a writing desk recipe (if I recall) from temple priests in the starting city in Summerset (I forget the name).
    Get the dark brotherhood passive that allows you to interact with Remains Silent to get a free item once a day that may include furnishings such as candles, hearts, and I forget the last item)
    Doing Ashlander dailies in Vvardenfell gives a chance to get a rare red crystal furnishing (I forget the name).

There are others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Wow thank you so much. I didn't even know you could talk to remains silent. So cool.
  • FurySevenSix
    FurySevenSix
    ✭✭✭
    As someone else who is new to housing and still working on my first house, this is awesome, kudos everyone. :smiley:
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do indeed still drop, as does the bubbler plan. I've gotten both from drunks recently.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • twisttop138
    twisttop138
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

They do indeed still drop, as does the bubbler plan. I've gotten both from drunks recently.

That's good to know, thank you. I've been so busy with work that I haven't had a chance to play since I wrote the op. I will report back on my success.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you can find quite a comprehensive list of furnishings that you can pickpocket
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/341078/pickpocketing-furnishings-and-blueprints/p1
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on February 15, 2019 3:16PM