The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What aren't houses physically limited?

• Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had something similar in LOTRO - you had to pay rent to keep the house or were locked out, initially you didn't lose the house, but it resulted in may neighbourhoods being ghost towns as people stopped playing and houses were abandoned, then they changed it so you lost the house if you didn't pay the rent which allowed others to buy the house - personally I prefer the way ESO does housing.
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd, no one mentioned that this thing just couldn't work in ESO's megaserver model. Do you know how much players are there at the same server with you? Those people you see in towns is not all the people in the town actually, there are separated channels and you just don't see other players from other channels.
    Just imagine, players from all the Europe, Africa and Asia trying to get the same house for their character.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Star Wars Galaxies was the first MMO I played and it had open world housing. It was neat in that game because it was a sandbox game (the likes of which no longer really exist, sadly) and the entire game was designed from the ground up to support the idea that players could place things in the open world.

This would never work in ESO because ESO is an instanced themepark game. Why do I care if someone else owns the same house I do? Mine is a private instance that can be anything I want it to be. I think I've spent enough hundreds of $$$$$$$$$ + tens of millions of gold to have the right to have as many houses as I want without additional limits.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    in an other mmo you just had to pay rent and there was a unlimited number of houses ( apartments/guild halls) for each location. you had to pay rent to enter and for others to enter. if you ever wanted to do housing that mmo has the best I have ever seen. you could even pay rent up to 12 weeks in advance. the only downside was some rent also cost status points which was earned most easily from crafting writs.

I see no reason to have to lose a house in this game as there is really no reason for it to ever happen. ie they are not unique to the game in the sense only one player can have it. besides many of us have spent hundreds of thousands of gold and a lot of crowns on them.