The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Largest Zerg

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
@_Crow I saw on discord that you were looking to break your record of 86 players in raid. If you're curious, the largest zerg I ever commanded was (if I recall correctly) in 2014, where there were six full raids + pugs following. It was the first time Lolimage was crowned emperor. I had 198 people in my TeamSpeak (though I'm not sure how many of those were actually playing).

If anyone wants the exact date, we can ask Lolimage to check his Emperor achievement date.

Back then the server didn't poop itself when more than 50 players were in one area, so good luck if you try to do something like that these days!
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C6Aum_FVMAExrTW.jpg:large
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    @_Crow I saw on discord that you were looking to break your record of 86 players in raid. If you're curious, the largest zerg I ever commanded was (if I recall correctly) in 2014, where there were six full raids + pugs following. It was the first time Lolimage was crowned emperor. I had 198 people in my TeamSpeak (though I'm not sure how many of those were actually playing).

If anyone wants the exact date, we can ask Lolimage to check his Emperor achievement date.

Back then the server didn't poop itself when more than 50 players were in one area, so good luck if you try to do something like that these days!

It wouldn't be possible to have a raid this large in cyro with the current server caps unless you multi faction raided
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It wouldn't be possible to have a raid this large in cyro with the current server caps unless you multi faction raided

Doubt that would stop Crow from trying.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
    Options
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C6Aum_FVMAExrTW.jpg:large

Bad timing, I guess... :grin:

Don't judge too early, you might miss something quite enjoyable.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
    Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Crown ! Guess every PvP player in the game is in my discord at this point... Lol! But ya, they lowered the cap since back in the day, cause in Pact Militia, we had 120ish one night 🤔. But the game was different back then.

It's more of a goal for my guild personally to see if we can break our own record, cause we have gotten SUPER close to 100 players, but haven't yet crossed that line. We will see tonight if we can though! 😃
    GM: Army of the Pact
    Loves War almost as much as Tbagging
    -Crow, Mag DK
    -Murder of Crows, Stam Warden
    Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    You know me so well @NirnStorm ...
    -Crow, Mag DK
    Options
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why did you stop leading factions? I'm not sure if you still do or not. At any rate I'm sure that was a sight to behold.
    Edited by Ahtu on February 8, 2019 5:14PM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And Cyrodiil cap was so much higher when the game launched in 2014. A full server now is a pittance to what one was almost 5 years ago.

Zos has reduced the cap more than once in order to improve server performance. We still filled up multiple campaigns back then which really shows how much smaller the PvP community is today.
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

And Cyrodiil cap was so much higher when the game launched in 2014. A full server now is a pittance to what one was almost 5 years ago.

Zos has reduced the cap more than once in order to improve server performance. We still filled up multiple campaigns back then which really shows how much smaller the PvP community is today.

It's almost as if nerfing group tools and introducing performance issues was a bad thing for the server populations...
    @Solar_Breeze
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't encourage him...

/facepalm
    Options
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Why did you stop leading factions? I'm not sure if you still do or not. At any rate I'm sure that was a sight to behold.

@Ahtu My wife and I started playing the game shortly after we lost our home (and everything in it) to a fire. It was a great distraction for the year following, and we made some good friends that we've kept to this day. About 2.5 years ago we bought a new house in a new city, I started a new job, our lives (real life) got a lot busier and better, and the game got a lot worse - to the point that we quit the game for about 9 months.

When we came back to play more casually (mostly for the social aspects / friends), AD was a mess and I really didn't want to rebuild a guild and put the time/effort in to manage things, so we joined some friends on DC in Vehemence until that guild stopped raiding. For a few months we played in small groups on all three factions, I raided with Invictus on EP twice a week until that guild stopped raiding too, and now I'm happy to raid twice a week with Omni on AD and play casual small groups on DC and EP other times when I feel like it - rather than feeling like I have to be on every night.

That's pretty much my ESO career ;-)
    Edited by Crown on February 8, 2019 5:25PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are considering lowering the population cap again due to performance issues. AotP needs to hurry and break 100 this weekend. If they don't, they may never due to even lower population caps.
    Edited by TBois on February 8, 2019 5:34PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    I wonder if they are considering lowering the population cap again due to performance issues. AotP needs to hurry and break 100 this weekend. If they don't, they may never due to even lower population caps.

I'm sure when IC is removed we'll see the cap lowered by around 24 players at least
    @Solar_Breeze
    Options
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Crown. You are a good player and leader. It's been a joy to fight your zergs.
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

I'm sure when IC is removed we'll see the cap lowered by around 24 players at least

Or the other way around, you'll have 24 more spots up top! - Despite their 13th member and up not receiving TV, I still see some massive groups in IC.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember serving in the Lolimage zerg. Emp sorc healing springs were wonderful.

"One big fat man, roll your proxies."

The first time I ever lead a group in PvP was after he had to leave for some reason and he let the crown get assigned randomly. I did not do well.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had 65 ep at the bridge the other night and ad still wiped them :lol:
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has ZOS ever released numbers on the caps? I think in the beginning it was 600vs600vs600?
    PC EU - DC only
    Options
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Crow wrote: »
    Thanks @Crown ! Guess every PvP player in the game is in my discord at this point... Lol! But ya, they lowered the cap since back in the day, cause in Pact Militia, we had 120ish one night 🤔. But the game was different back then.

It's more of a goal for my guild personally to see if we can break our own record, cause we have gotten SUPER close to 100 players, but haven't yet crossed that line. We will see tonight if we can though! 😃

Crow, I agree with what you and your guild does. From what I've read and seen, your mission is banding PUGs and more experienced solo players/groups into one large, formidable unit. You've inspired me to do the same with AD ... But think of the servers man :O They're gonna literally MELT.

Also, I'm curious as to how you run raids and would totally PvP with your group given the chance ^_^
    Edited by Steelshiv on February 8, 2019 8:02PM
    Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    @Steelshiv Glad to hear it! I play this game for the huge Lord of the Rings like Battles that are just crazy! 😃 But the funny thing is, I get a lot of hate from the very loud minority, but the silent majority loves Zerging! (Hence why zergs are a thing haha!) So you run your huge Zerg and let ZOS worry about their servers!

I have builds setup for group V groups, and we have comms and everyone stays with crown, but the Maine thing I focus on is Make sure the group has fun! That's all that matters! And a another cool thing, is that we are bringing a LOT of people into PvP! We got 30+ players recently that never liked PvP and only PvEed, but they ran with us once and now they are hooked and some are thinking about starting their own guilds! 😊

AP gets hate from the people who push the more casual and fun first members away from the game, but guilds like AP bring people into PvP. 😉 And they let a lot of people have fun, more then don't. The solo people and Zone Generals will never see it that way, but it's because they have lost touch on the majority of the PvP community.
    -Crow, Mag DK
    Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    And you are welcome to join a raid sometime @Steelshiv and see what it's like! Out door is open to all of ESO ☺️
    -Crow, Mag DK
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So this is happening tonight?
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »
    Crow, I agree with what you and your guild does. From what I've read and seen, your mission is banding PUGs and more experienced solo players/groups into one large, formidable unit. You've inspired me to do the same with AD ... But think of the servers man :O They're gonna literally MELT.
    I hope this is sarcasm. AD doesn't need a zerg lord. Please don't.

It's disgusting that you would put these guys on a pedestal, especially while recognizing the impact their selfish decisions have on the game.

No one should aspire to be what they are: bad players who use numbers and extreme lag to compensate for their shortcomings. They don't care how they win, they only care about winning through any means possible -- despite their lack of aptitude in games.

Anyone capable of leading a raid is capable of running 3 or more. The reason others don't do it is because it's bad for the game and provides an ungratifying experience to all but the least sophisticated players. They are basically an ignorant blob of homer simpson cast rejects.

Edited by zyk on February 8, 2019 8:30PM
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly...

I'd laugh my ass off if Crown started to seriously zerg/pugwrangle these days. I'm not sure 2019 ESO PvP is ready for that.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    @usmcjdking it is... But we will see if we can actually do it haha! Either way we are running a lot Tonight hopefully! 😉
    -Crow, Mag DK
    Options
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly...

I'd laugh my ass off if Crown started to seriously zerg/pugwrangle these days. I'm not sure 2019 ESO PvP is ready for that.

Somebody has to step up and do it if they want to remain competitive.
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Y
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Honestly...

Somebody has to step up and do it if they want to remain competitive.

Competetive?

What? Even if ESO were a remotely competitive game the only competitive thing you provide is a campaign score boost which is wide enough to be non-competitive anyways.

People need to stop throwing this word around especially when they actually have never experienced real competition.
    Options
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Steelshiv Glad to hear it! I play this game for the huge Lord of the Rings like Battles that are just crazy! 😃 But the funny thing is, I get a lot of hate from the very loud minority, but the silent majority loves Zerging! (Hence why zergs are a thing haha!) So you run your huge Zerg and let ZOS worry about their servers!

I have builds setup for group V groups, and we have comms and everyone stays with crown, but the Maine thing I focus on is Make sure the group has fun! That's all that matters! And a another cool thing, is that we are bringing a LOT of people into PvP! We got 30+ players recently that never liked PvP and only PvEed, but they ran with us once and now they are hooked and some are thinking about starting their own guilds! 😊

AP gets hate from the people who push the more casual and fun first members away from the game, but guilds like AP bring people into PvP. 😉 And they let a lot of people have fun, more then don't. The solo people and Zone Generals will never see it that way, but it's because they have lost touch on the majority of the PvP community.

Great post! For many new and/or casual players this is how they first learn to play and have fun in Cyrodiil. I run with an organized guild these days, but I still remember first going into Cyrodiil, posting up “lfg” and having a blast with the pug army leader that picked me up! ;) I hope you guys find some good fights!

Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    Ty @Raammzzaa ☺️! If someone joins my guild to get familiar with the game and have some fun, then leaves to join a more hardcore guild, then I would have accomplished my goal!
    -Crow, Mag DK
    Options
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »

Also, I'm curious as to how you run raids and would totally PvP with your group given the chance ^_^

Crow is a great crown! My most favorite one in 5 years of pvping.
    There are multiple reasons why...
    I trust what he says.
    In past raids I've been in, there have been crowns that made dumb choices over & over again. That's a big reason why I've mostly been a solo player.
    I've learned more from being in his raid groups than any other group in the past.
    He is patient with people and VERY helpful.
    His raids are FUN! He is big on having fun, which is nice. He's not mean or demeaning at ALL to anyone. If you mess up, it's not a big deal AND he is good at explaining how to fix whatever the issue was.

But the biggest thing that stands out to me is how he is in Zone & how he's willing to take randoms & actually help them.
    He is not at all negative even with the few regulars that rag on him the entire night he's running.
    The way I see it is most, if not all of the people in the small group of Crow haters out there have never run in his raids.
    They are stuck in their ways, they don't understand what a joke is, or sarcasm and they can't STAND that zone doesn't put up with their CONSTANT negative comments & constant insults that are spewed out by the same small group every single night.

I think it would be GREAT if AD had more organized groups running. despite what some have said here. From what I've heard, AD is losing players partly because of the lack of groups forming that know what they are doing & have the temperament to stick with it & stay consistent AND that are PUG groups.
    Everyone was new once. I think it would make a HUGE difference in the amount of new players that actually stick with PVP by having more beginner friendly Guilds out there, on all factions.

I don't run in his raids anymore, but that has nothing to do with Crow.
    I really miss the fun of being a part of them, Discord and all.
    If people ask about helpful pvp guilds to join, I always recommend AotP.
    Being on both sides(in the guild & running in Crows raid group/Not being in Guild, running solo while the raids are also running), I can see how some have issues with it & I can see how some people are full of crap & have NO idea what they are talking about.

Anyway, sorry for the novel, but it gets really annoying seeing the same few people say the things they do about Crow & his guild.
    AND I wanted to tell you that I hope AD gets something similar. The majority of AD people that have killed me are great people & are really nice. I hope they all stay and you guys get more as well.

Options
This discussion has been closed.