The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Race Change Tokens

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow awesome, Thank you ZOS. I have to say, tis PTS Circle and feels already tottaly different from the one we had last Year. This Year i really feel that we, as the Force that helps keep running the Game throught our presence and continued support for Tamriel and all that this massive Universum has to offer/ throws at us, have a say in the upcoming changes. I find ZOS is listening more and reading more about what we want and want we dont want. Its really awesome. I already purchased Elsweyr and i cant wait, also, i have a Toon who needs a Namechange, so this does come in quite handy:)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is good news.

However, something that is really needed for the upcoming release of the Necromancer class is a way to change a character's class without having to remake them.
    I, and many other people I know would even pay for a Class-change token so we can, f.e. turn our premade "Necromancer"
    OCs into actual Necromancers.

Deleting a characters to change the class might not be a problem for everyone, but it is for people for which their characters are also OCs with characterization and story of their own.

I am not even asking for the option to change your character's class(aside from remaking them comletely) to be for free, just for it to be there in the first place.

Yeah, my character has always been from elsweyr, but that zone wasn't available until now. So, I should be allowed to change my home starting zone to elseweyr, rather than morrowind, or summerset. I don't want elsweyr for free, I would just like to exchange my game license that is for summertset, for an elsweyr license. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Alucardmike
    Alucardmike
    ✭✭✭
    priforce wrote: »
    ... The changes are not astronomical...

Really? Tell this my Bosmer...
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    eso_lags wrote: »
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.

We look forward to seeing everyone in game for the upcoming Wrathstone launch!

I gave it an awesome and im happy you guys realize how needed this was, but the second sentence is the problem here. If you can put them on sale then you could have made them free for a week or a day or whatever. Some of us have a lot of characters that got screwed from this. Pvp and pve. I have 12 characters and if im fully honest ill need to change 5 orcs and maybe 2 dunmers.

This wasnt a racial balance, imo. Some races are still better for certain things, and some races will be used much less. Thats not balance. Im just not sure why giving every player 1 race change per character above lv 50 is so hard. Or even 1 for every 2 characters we have above level 50..

For me this post still makes me weary about this whole thing.. You 100% know that end game players are going to race change if their race is not suited for what they are doing anymore. Or if there race is no longer the best race. You know you are going to sell a lot of race changes.. It just seems wrong, knowing this information, to not give people a day (or whatever) of free changes to adjust. It just seems wrong to make these changes when the only way we can adjust it is to spend money. Even if it was a 1 day grace period of free race changes, 1 per account at a time, you would still sell so many. And discounting them you will undoubtedly sell even more because of those people, who cant afford the insane price they are right now, can maybe squeeze out the discounted price..

But I wont say im not happy about getting 3. Its more than i thought you would give us, so that deserves a thank you.. Im happy you heard the community, I just wish instead of going part of the way you would have went the full way and given us a small grace period or 1 per VR char...

It isn't just about endgame players. This change affects players at all levels, so linking the number of free tokens to accounts based on how many level 50 characters they have would be entirely wrong in my view - although assessing the number of such characters has enabled ZOS to recognise the need for more free tokens which is fair enough in itself.

All that said, I personally supported the notion of offering free race changes for a short period so all players could experiment with the changes regardless of their playstyle or character levels. While we haven't got that, we have got an increase in the number of free race change tokens and we have also got some free name change tokens to go with them so that's a definite plus. Moreover, the passive changes themselves seem to have gone down a lot better than previous changes to the game and hopefully some final tweaking before the changes go live will help even more players accept the changes and reduce the number of characters whose race needs changing.

Thanks for listening, ZOS.

Except levelling to 50 has never been easier- you even get free exp scrolls that didn’t even exist when most of us levelled; nor even CP, it was 16 more levels of grind with no boosters, not even psijic pots.

I don’t think sub 50 is even the same when you have all achievements, guilds, books, shards, wayshrines etc. on your chars.

Yeah, the champion points make it go oh so fast. I kinda thought that they should base it off of the character's number of achievement points... like anything less than say, 7k, wouldn't receive a token. But that could have caused one person to get 14 tokens and another to get only 1, even if both players had 14 chars at level 50. So, this is a nice middle ground.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
  • SAMEASLEYb14_ESO
    nope need tokens for each toon you have any less is a scam to make money.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news, thanks ZOS. You've really improved within the past year and I'm very excited for balance going forward. Looks like you're finally getting that combat vision we so desperatly needed instead of nerfing back and forth every patch.

3 tokens for name and race is a very fair balance.

You guys just earned the respect of your entire community and what companies usually fail to realize is that your community can be your greatest ally or your strongest enemy, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Louiedogg03
    There should be a token for every toon we have that has a time limit to use them. Its ridiculous I am gonna have to buy some still because i have 9 characters!!!!
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirNom wrote: »
    Congrats to those who have 3 or less characters at max level. The rest of us that play the game even more are now being told if we want to race change our other characters we must either delete the character and restart, or pay money for crowns to race change the other 12 characters you have spent a long time leveling.

I believe this hurts the players that play the most, and the most loyal people in the community.

Am I missing something here? I feel like the decision to only give 3 tokens is a slap in the face to everyone that plays eso and they are insulting our intelligence.

All I can say is, that if this change happens, I will stop playing. I point blank refuse to pay your company even more money for race change tokens on something you have changed after the initial creation of the character.

It is like 3k crowns or something like that for a race change? you need 12 more total, so you need 36k Crowns.

Considering doing this just shows me you don't care about your players and you are only after one thing, our money.

My Solution:

The race change tokens should be removed and changed just like the shrines to change skills and attributes, otherwise you need to just make it 100% free to race for every existing character in the game for a one time only.

I agree, I shouldn't pay for it, they change the game wtv I'm on board but for changes to cost me money, hell no!
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greysson wrote: »
    SirNom wrote: »
    Congrats to those who have 3 or less characters at max level. The rest of us that play the game even more are now being told if we want to race change our other characters we must either delete the character and restart, or pay money for crowns to race change the other 12 characters you have spent a long time leveling.

Speek for your own.
    I have 15 Chars at max and three additional accounts. I am fine with the three token solution and happy for the name change tokens. If you think that all of your chars are now so broken, unplayable, whatever that you must change all of them ... nobody can help you.

I have 15 max toons and I'm as pissed he is.

It all depends on where you stand and what you do.

I you have 15 crafters then yeah, no problem, you don't need to race change.

If your end game content is normal trials or a vAA that your social guild manages to complete then again you probably don't care about race. You chose your races for RP and that's perfectly fine.

It's not about the absolute need to change but what changed is significant enough for one to want to change.

My magdk would be a Breton or high elf, not a Dunmer. I wouldn't have a Redguard stamplar but a Khajit stamplar. The list goes on. I shouldn't pay for that, I would've made different choices with the way the passives are going to be and if they do another major overhaul, I shouldn't pay.

Also, what is the point of: "the difference in DPS is not significant so you don't need to change".

If there was a difference where you'd be upset? At what percentage of DPS difference will you say that's enough? Your threshold is higher than ours, that's it.

They made a significant change, to adapt, it requires money. That's not ok. For reason's sake, just pretend the difference was greater, it is anyways, in principle, the same thing.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    w
    nope need tokens for each toon you have any less is a scam to make money.

I wouldn't say a scam but it is dishonest.
    Edited by CleymenZero on February 3, 2019 11:35PM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 is good.
    2 is great.
    3 is awesome.
    Damn thats a lot of free stuff.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 is good.
    2 is great.
    3 is awesome.
    Damn thats a lot of free stuff.

Yes. Yes it is.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read about even more racial changes coming in the next PTS update: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456997/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-jan-30-2019

Why muck with it further? The first round seemed to balance the races out; many ran the numbers and the races looked close. These additional changes sound like they are going the exact opposite direction.

With these nonsensical additional changes, 3 race change tokens is not going to be enough for players with a full roster of characters.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is this patch coming live?
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭
    They do include appearance change, right? Then yay.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate that you listened to our feedback, and I'm glad a solution that benefits both the player base and ZOS was reached. It will help make the new DLC and expansion much more enjoyable. :)B):)
    Edited by Arrodisia on February 4, 2019 2:43PM
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    Nisekev wrote: »

Yes, if you look at videos online of people using the race change token, it takes you to the character creation interface and, once you've chosen your race, you can redo everything on the body and head, just not class or alliance.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nisekev wrote: »

Yes, if you look at videos online of people using the race change token, it takes you to the character creation interface and, once you've chosen your race, you can redo everything on the body and head, just not class or alliance.

It is also written in the description of the race change tokens.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - will the Adventurer's Pack (1900 crowns) also be on sale, since players can only race change within their current faction (e.g. Breton can only switch to Orc or Redguard) if they do not own the "Any Race, Any Alliance" upgrade?

• Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome news
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for listening!
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventurer Pack better be DEEPLY discounted. I'm tired of the underhanded business practices of this company. ZOS *** knew full well that 95% of magicka DDs use Altmer and Dunmer on live. So what do they do? They make sure that neither of those classes are in the meta anymore (despite that being completely lore-breaking). But guess who is the new meta race? Breton! Thus ensuring that everyone and their mother needs to buy the Adventurer Pack to race change to them (as they aren't in AD or EP). *** deplorable behaviour.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 5, 2019 3:29AM
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZoS!
  • Xelsa
    Xelsa
    ✭✭
    Can a race change token be used more than once on the same character? If the PTS goes live like this I want to roll my High Elf as a Dunmer then swap back if High Elf gets buffed next patch.
  • Mirage131
    Mirage131
    ✭✭✭
    The 3 tokens being a slap on the face to half the community pisses me off a lot.

What bothers me even more is the selfishness of some of the people on here. The "It doesn't affect me so I don't care" aspect of it all. With the changes dropped in patch notes today I have 13 characters that need changed across pve and pvp. Obviously there are priorities among those, but that doesn't change the fact that 13 characters have to change to be optimized. Them giving 3 tokens to that is like tossing the crust of your sandwich to a homeless person. It's a little bit of nourishment but overall disrespectful and a *** move.

This is a cash grab. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't make it ok. This should be a moment where the community comes together to tell Zos no, instead half of you are literally applauding them for their "graciousness". I don't get it. I never will.

I'm in standby mode until this patch goes live. If things drop as they stand now I, and many others, will be leaving the game. Thousands of dollars and hours down the drain for a very blatant cash grab.

Zos, do the right thing. Stand by your players. Stand by the people that have logged regardless of the game being plagued with issues. Have our back like we've had yours.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have three Altmers, two Dunmers, and a Bosmer thief. So 3 race change tokens doesn't really feel like enough.

On the other hand, I do get monthly crowns, so I'm not horrified at the idea of what amounts to a nearly forced expenditure. And it's not obvious I'll change all those characters anyway. (E.g., my original main was a Breton sorcerer, so it's not a catastrophe to just leave my Altmer sorcerers on the shelf for a while. And minmaxing a magden seems like a contradiction in terms.)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 5, 2019 1:35AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice but it would be also nice to give some discount on adventurer pack a.k.a any race any alliance token after launch.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa 3 tokens!!!! how generous !!

i got 15 toons,what should i do?buy overpriced 3k tokens for each one i want to change?

and when in 6 months zos scratches their head and come up with another stupid idea,i gotta buy tokens again?

its like show ppl the door with this erratic behavior
    Edited by method__01 on February 5, 2019 9:13AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And i was going on several threads after the first changes, being angry & rioting against it all.. because people were being nerfed hard. And was wondering why so many said the "this is fine.." thing. But now, when it seems altmer got also pulled down, people suddenly angry since so many play altmers?

So i was right, people only were saying "this is fine" because changes were not so bad for them, but now... welcome to the club of suffering. How does it feel?

Told you so. It just happened faster than even i thought.

Edited by Moonsorrow on February 5, 2019 9:11AM