The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK - how about a stam morph for Lava Whip?

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    three reasons why not:

1- Weapon skills must be used. Giving stamDKs or stamsorcs a class spammable means your will not be using those skills. Then at least 3 lines will become pointless.

2- Stam whip will not bring anything new to the game. Just a mirror of magDK with basically the same problems. Both of them will be played EXACTLY the same.

3- Lash is crap. A stam whip will be even crappier than lash. The entire ardent flame line is crap. It is the offensive line of DK but it gives no bonus to dmg done. And even worst, those skills have a unnecessary snare associated, so, if you want a stam whip, first you need to aim for a rework on the ardent flame skill line, especially its passives.

Finally, *** the idea of class identity, if you want to trade viability for identity then you are clueless. Currently StamDK is viable, it is the best class using weapon skills. I prefer 1000 times to reinforce that concept rather than going to the poison meta ZoS has given stamDKs, which brings nothing to the table. A stam whip means we are going in the same (wrong) direction: knights using poisons. And that is far, far from the DK class identity of a knight using fire and weapons.

For the 5000th time please if you want "fire knight" go and play a magDk already.

I support the posion/fire difference. StamDk only needs some more morphs to make it work(fire for magDk works cus mDk has tons of fire abilities meanwhile sDk does have only two class dots and bow is meh on Dks due to the slow and non bursty nature of class and lack of access to offensive tools such as passives or mobility/high damage abilities.)

And the best weapon ability class title might go to stamsorc or stamDk based on if you want a tank and spank build or a damage/mobility based build. Dk lacks any sort of real damage passive and sorc lacks healing. They are both "weapon classes" but that doesn't mean they should be forced to them.

To be honest you make it sound like this is a limitation. As if these two classes are made this way to balance them. While in reality stamblade and stamden are all the rage.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see why noxious breath is still so underwhelming. Short range and low damage, especially compared to sub assault. Maybe buff and rework this skill before having a Stam whip morph..?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    I don’t see why noxious breath is still so underwhelming. Short range and low damage, especially compared to sub assault. Maybe buff and rework this skill before having a Stam whip morph..?

Because they literally don't care about stamDk. Noxious is a short range, low damage, clunky dot with a delay on cast.

They know this ability sucks and prefer to pretend it does not exist instead of reworking it or even trying to make it viable.

In murkmire they actually nerfed its damage by removing old WiR passive. Removing the only specific damage passive for stamDk and replacing it with yet another sustain passive.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be for a stam poison whip version

All the stam dk moves are dots
  • BadShogun
    BadShogun
    ✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

doesn't have to be poison, could be physical damage
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    A poisoned/corrosive blade may be in keeping with the StamDK theme. But maybe first they could look at tweaking Crushing Weapon and wrecking blow/dizzying swing to make them more appealing for players to use
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BadShogun wrote: »
    SoLooney wrote: »

doesn't have to be poison, could be physical damage

Dks are fire and poison based

Doesnt have to be poison but it would make sense considering most of the stam dks moves are poison

Lol
    Edited by SoLooney on February 3, 2019 2:09PM