The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Race Change Tokens

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's totaly awesome!
    wow!
    thank you
  • Aciro
    Aciro
    That's awesome News! Thank you
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Refund for the Imperial edition upgrade?

It does not share the same terms and should be refunded for obvious reasons.
  • nameless420
    nameless420
    ✭✭
    Ok let's see they give the most requested class, the most requested monster type, the most requested zone, all wrapped in a story released over a year. Then they go and do something like this!!!! I kind of feel sorry for the development team, how can they top themselfs next year??
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you !!! :)
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you,
    That's actually more than I expected. But less than what I have deemed fair (in one of the discussions I have said that 3 race changes + any race any alliance would be fair for those with 8 max level characters or more).

But 3 race changes and 3 name changes are three more name changes than what I expected.

Thanks again.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much appreciated
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks this is great news!
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohh and can you include appearance change tokens in the sale.

I know appearance doesn't change the gameplay so I don't expect you to give them away for free but a reasonnable sale would be very appreciated.

When you change your race you can also change your whole appearance.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puts name & race change on sale after announcing racial changes. A month later...

ZOS: Here, have a free token :) Wait... let's make it three.
    580b585b2edbce24c47b2a2a.png
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Träumer
    Träumer
    ✭✭✭
    This is a welcome change. Thank you for that. Unfortunately, I would have preferred if you didn't have a sale on the items at all. Promoting a sale is an admission that you want to monetize these changes, at least to some extent. It may have looked better overall if you just raised the tokens to 3, added the name change tokens and left it at that. You're saying that anyone not satisfied with only 3 changes is welcome to visit the store in order to fix any other issues they may have. It sets a poor precedent and adds a shady element to the process.

Maybe they offer a discount because of the players who think they have to change all their 15 characters. Wouldn't it be more money grabbing if they wouldn't put them on sale? That would be the argument if they wouldn't do it.

Some will never be satisfied.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WELLL NOW! :) Thank you!
  • MAGISSCIEN
    MAGISSCIEN
    Soul Shriven
    Excellent news! Thank you for listening.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.

We look forward to seeing everyone in game for the upcoming Wrathstone launch!

I gave it an awesome and im happy you guys realize how needed this was, but the second sentence is the problem here. If you can put them on sale then you could have made them free for a week or a day or whatever. Some of us have a lot of characters that got screwed from this. Pvp and pve. I have 12 characters and if im fully honest ill need to change 5 orcs and maybe 2 dunmers.

This wasnt a racial balance, imo. Some races are still better for certain things, and some races will be used much less. Thats not balance. Im just not sure why giving every player 1 race change per character above lv 50 is so hard. Or even 1 for every 2 characters we have above level 50..

For me this post still makes me weary about this whole thing.. You 100% know that end game players are going to race change if their race is not suited for what they are doing anymore. Or if there race is no longer the best race. You know you are going to sell a lot of race changes.. It just seems wrong, knowing this information, to not give people a day (or whatever) of free changes to adjust. It just seems wrong to make these changes when the only way we can adjust it is to spend money. Even if it was a 1 day grace period of free race changes, 1 per account at a time, you would still sell so many. And discounting them you will undoubtedly sell even more because of those people, who cant afford the insane price they are right now, can maybe squeeze out the discounted price..

But I wont say im not happy about getting 3. Its more than i thought you would give us, so that deserves a thank you.. Im happy you heard the community, I just wish instead of going part of the way you would have went the full way and given us a small grace period or 1 per VR char...
    Edited by eso_lags on February 2, 2019 8:08AM
  • Morg08
    Morg08
    ✭✭
    Seems like a reasonable compromise. I'm impressed you decided to do this.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news thank you <3
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!!!!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This turnaround has restored some of my faith and respect for you chaps. :)

The most important person in a business is... THE CUSTOMER. B) Keep us happy and we will support you all the way. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.

We look forward to seeing everyone in game for the upcoming Wrathstone launch!

I gave it an awesome and im happy you guys realize how needed this was, but the second sentence is the problem here. If you can put them on sale then you could have made them free for a week or a day or whatever. Some of us have a lot of characters that got screwed from this. Pvp and pve. I have 12 characters and if im fully honest ill need to change 5 orcs and maybe 2 dunmers.

This wasnt a racial balance, imo. Some races are still better for certain things, and some races will be used much less. Thats not balance. Im just not sure why giving every player 1 race change per character above lv 50 is so hard. Or even 1 for every 2 characters we have above level 50..

For me this post still makes me weary about this whole thing.. You 100% know that end game players are going to race change if their race is not suited for what they are doing anymore. Or if there race is no longer the best race. You know you are going to sell a lot of race changes.. It just seems wrong, knowing this information, to not give people a day (or whatever) of free changes to adjust. It just seems wrong to make these changes when the only way we can adjust it is to spend money. Even if it was a 1 day grace period of free race changes, 1 per account at a time, you would still sell so many. And discounting them you will undoubtedly sell even more because of those people, who cant afford the insane price they are right now, can maybe squeeze out the discounted price..

But I wont say im not happy about getting 3. Its more than i thought you would give us, so that deserves a thank you.. Im happy you heard the community, I just wish instead of going part of the way you would have went the full way and given us a small grace period or 1 per VR char...

It isn't just about endgame players. This change affects players at all levels, so linking the number of free tokens to accounts based on how many level 50 characters they have would be entirely wrong in my view - although assessing the number of such characters has enabled ZOS to recognise the need for more free tokens which is fair enough in itself.

All that said, I personally supported the notion of offering free race changes for a short period so all players could experiment with the changes regardless of their playstyle or character levels. While we haven't got that, we have got an increase in the number of free race change tokens and we have also got some free name change tokens to go with them so that's a definite plus. Moreover, the passive changes themselves seem to have gone down a lot better than previous changes to the game and hopefully some final tweaking before the changes go live will help even more players accept the changes and reduce the number of characters whose race needs changing.

Thanks for listening, ZOS.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing news =) +++
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RACIAL BALANCE IS CASH GRABLABLABLABLABLAB!!!1!?

That's quite generous, much appreciated guys :blush:

Well it still is a cash grab... You have 14 toons, need to change 6, they're still gonna make 90$... It's less of a cash grab but still a cash grab...

I want you guys as my customers, you'll just throw your money at my company and defend me VS those who complain about my practices.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome! Especially paired with name change because, especially those of us with Argonians, having a, say, khajiit with an argonian name is weird
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Three isn't enough.

If you're profiting from this -- and the token sale planned suggests you expect to -- you're doing it wrong.

You should not be earning $0.01 because you've changed the traits of a character's race and the player is now unhappy about it. You should not be profiting for a problem you will be creating for players.

There should be a period of unlimited changes in addition to 3 tokens that can be used for remorse later.

Exactly.

I don't understand why they insist on trying to earn money from this change. Even if they do profit from it, which I'm sure they will, do they realize how this makes them look?

And you've got geniuses mocking people who say this was a cash grab...

It is still a cash grab. Less of a cash grab than initially expected but still a cash grab.

They stand to profit from it with the sale so still a cash grab.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "We're not giving up our cash grab, you're idiots if you think you can take that away from us. But since we have to acknowledge that we're screwing up a lot of people's characters to where they're really going to have to change race to retain their purpose, we're going to see if we can make fewer of you quit by throwing you a bone. But seriously still spend that moolah."
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greysson wrote: »
    Ohh and can you include appearance change tokens in the sale.

I know appearance doesn't change the gameplay so I don't expect you to give them away for free but a reasonnable sale would be very appreciated.

When you change your race you can also change your whole appearance.

Yes but some of em I won't race change, just appearance change.
  • SirNom
    SirNom
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to those who have 3 or less characters at max level. The rest of us that play the game even more are now being told if we want to race change our other characters we must either delete the character and restart, or pay money for crowns to race change the other 12 characters you have spent a long time leveling.

I believe this hurts the players that play the most, and the most loyal people in the community.

Am I missing something here? I feel like the decision to only give 3 tokens is a slap in the face to everyone that plays eso and they are insulting our intelligence.

All I can say is, that if this change happens, I will stop playing. I point blank refuse to pay your company even more money for race change tokens on something you have changed after the initial creation of the character.

It is like 3k crowns or something like that for a race change? you need 12 more total, so you need 36k Crowns.

Considering doing this just shows me you don't care about your players and you are only after one thing, our money.

My Solution:

The race change tokens should be removed and changed just like the shrines to change skills and attributes, otherwise you need to just make it 100% free to race for every existing character in the game for a one time only.
  • Tsukyme
    Tsukyme
    ✭✭✭
    Great
    "A'tvar where are you?"
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirNom wrote: »
    Congrats to those who have 3 or less characters at max level. The rest of us that play the game even more are now being told if we want to race change our other characters we must either delete the character and restart, or pay money for crowns to race change the other 12 characters you have spent a long time leveling.

Speek for your own.
    I have 15 Chars at max and three additional accounts. I am fine with the three token solution and happy for the name change tokens. If you think that all of your chars are now so broken, unplayable, whatever that you must change all of them ... nobody can help you.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Ravena wrote: »
    And thus the Imperials vanished from the game.

We're back to Daggerfall!

Well.... mine aren't vanishing. I won't be race changing anyone, though the name change will be really appreciated on one toon.

That's where I'm at. All of the races are taking a hit, so changing between them doesn't make any sense in my current group of characters.
    I have two chars in need of last names, though, so the addition of the name-change tokens is really appreciated.