Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Race Change Tokens

• NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good PR move
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rip on ZOs when they don't listen so I have to give kudos when they do, PROPS!
    Don't forget 3 extra character slots when necro hits though pls.
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that you have been considering the feedback from players who are not helped by free race change tokens and discounted name change tokens. Many long time players have investments in their characters that go beyond math.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @anadandy wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will we need to have "Any race any alliance" upgrade in order to change, let's say Nord into Khajiit with those tokens?

I would also like an official clarification for this - because I can already see the threads of people who don't realize race change != any race w/out that. And if they are alliance locked then it would be a nice gesture to discount the Adventurers Pack along with the Race/Name change tokens in the crown store.
    Thanks a lot for that!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will we need to have "Any race any alliance" upgrade in order to change, let's say Nord into Khajiit with those tokens?

From what is being said, these tokens are no different from the ones currently in the game. You cannot bypass any locked restrictions with a token. You need to unlock the ability to use any race any alliance first

Except that "Any Race, Any Alliance" does not work on an existing character if you change their race.
    I've tried it.
    Alliance is still locked to what it was when the character was first created.

"Any Race, Any Alliance" only works on new characters, during the character creation process.
    Edited by bearbelly on February 1, 2019 9:42PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

I would also like an official clarification for this - because I can already see the threads of people who don't realize race change != any race w/out that. And if they are alliance locked then it would be a nice gesture to discount the Adventurers Pack along with the Race/Name change tokens in the crown store.
    Thanks a lot for that!

From what is being said, these tokens are no different from the ones currently in the game. You cannot bypass any locked restrictions with a token. You need to unlock the ability to use any race any alliance first

Except that "Any Race, Any Alliance" does not work on an existing character if you change their race.
    I've tried it.

"Any Race, Any Alliance" only works on new characters.

Right - I'm not talking about changing alliance - but if a player doesn't have ARAA they can only change races to one of the other two races in their current Alliance with a standard race change token. Judging by comments on the Reddit thread people don't know this and are talking about changing Dunmer to High Elf, etc.

That's why I think clarification on that would be helpful - avoid future upset.
    Edited by anadandy on February 1, 2019 9:45PM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    bearbelly wrote: »

Thanks a lot for that!

I've tried it.

"Any Race, Any Alliance" only works on new characters.

Right - I'm not talking about changing alliance - but if a player doesn't have ARAA they can only change races to one of the other two races in their current Alliance with a standard race change token. Judging by comments on the Reddit thread people don't know this and are talking about changing Dunmer to High Elf, etc.

That's why I think clarification on that would be helpful - avoid future upset.

Ooh. Gotcha. My bad; I didn't even think of that.
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thank you!
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you actually listen to feedback, that's great.

Should I assume you're also going to drom the nonsense that is removing stealth from the Bosmers and replacing it by a stealth detection that has no use whatsoever ?
  • ThumbtackJake
    ThumbtackJake
    ✭✭✭
    ... in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens...

That is frigging AMAZING! The race change tokens are just extras for me I s'pose, but the name change tokens are where it's at. Epic move, ZOS.
    Long term filthy casual.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this time to make outfit tokens account wide? ;>
  • Oldaraness
    Oldaraness
    ✭✭
    Great news, thanks to listen us!
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you! This is a very welcome gesture. :D
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. You guys are awesome. Thank you VERY much!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing, thank you so much guys, this has made a lot of people happy! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed but I honestly have to say thanks.

It IS less than I hope but it's not as bleak as it seemed to me.

I will be able to change some characters to what I would've done if those were the racial passives that were active when I started playing.

Again, thank you.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh and can you include appearance change tokens in the sale.

I know appearance doesn't change the gameplay so I don't expect you to give them away for free but a reasonnable sale would be very appreciated.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    SaKGEE wrote: »
    vkala wrote: »
    I dare you to make it 10

boy u dont even play anymore
    SaKGEE wrote: »
    vkala wrote: »
    I dare you to make it 10

boy u dont even play anymore

Gottem
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow
    Is this the same zos from 2016
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    thank you.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Kudos!
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From someone who just quit playing Black Desert, a game with a disgusting predatory monetization model, you guys *** rock.

I was happy we got a single race change but 3 race and also 3 name changes on top of that? That's listening to your players and customers and really creating value for yourselves as a brand.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This some legit response. you guys rock. Still waiting for you to fix my summerset chapter. it is on my account but not working.
    Much love
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That s like a first time in history

Cooll and pretty awesome you listened!
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much appreciated. Thank-you :)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    And thus the Imperials vanished from the game.

We're back to Daggerfall!
    Edited by Ravena on February 2, 2019 1:44AM
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravena wrote: »
    And thus the Imperials vanished from the game.

We're back to Daggerfall!

Well.... mine aren't vanishing. I won't be race changing anyone, though the name change will be really appreciated on one toon.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you guys, sincerely. Moves like this generate significant goodwill with your customers and are worth their weight in PR. You've done good.
    PC-NA Goat
  • CLiPPx
    CLiPPx
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed but I honestly have to say thanks.

It IS less than I hope but it's not as bleak as it seemed to me.

I will be able to change some characters to what I would've done if those were the racial passives that were active when I started playing.

Again, thank you.

Looks like our feedback did some good. Not as many as we wanted, but MUCH MUCH better than only one.

Thank you, ZOSsy poo for listening and compromising, back to zero complaints from me. Hopefully it stays that way!