Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please remove ward cast time ENTIRELY

Pelican
Pelican
✭✭✭✭✭
Instead of just setting the ward cast time to 0 seconds, can you guys COMPLETELY REMOVE it? It is causing an annoying bug where your wards get stuck in animation and you can't do anything else, blocking and roll dodging is the only way to cancel it and even after cancelling you have to wait at least a second for skills to start functioning again. This bug has never happened before Murkmire, please fix it next patch, thanks.
Edited by Pelican on January 28, 2019 11:52PM
PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video?
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Basically your character gets stuck in that “taking a dump” pose.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful what you ask, they might remove the entire skill accidentally. :trollface:
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been reporting this bug for ages, still no acknowledgement:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/447198/updated-murkmire-pts-cast-time-shield-animation-still-in-the-live-game/p1

Feel free to comment and keep the thread active.

@ZOS_GinaBruno this bug is legitimately catastrophic. It effectively disables you for a full second and nullifies your primary defensive tool on a Sorc. Please look into it.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting a similar bug with just using bashes, my character get's stuck in the animationa nd I can't use skills, I have to block to cancel it. It's very annoying and I never had the issue in the past.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that bug is a learn 2 play issue clearly:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your beginning to feel the pain of shadow image. If only it did this 2/3 of the time.
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I stopped playing stamblade the entire murkmire because shadow image is not working properly in keep walls and towers.
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think your skills are still going off while stuck, you're just not doing the proper animation. Regardless, it's a disrupting bug, should have been fixed, and as always, ZOS AREN'T EVEN *** ACKNOWLEDGING IT.
    This company...
    x'DDD
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens all the time.
    I've lost count how often this has lead to my death in pvp and pve.

This never happened before Nerfmire.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    I think your skills are still going off while stuck, you're just not doing the proper animation. Regardless, it's a disrupting bug, should have been fixed, and as always, ZOS AREN'T EVEN *** ACKNOWLEDGING IT.
    This company...
    x'DDD

@Lord-Otto

No, the ward most definitely doesn't get cast when this bug occurs—you can see how the healthbar doesn't gain any shield component, and it's also quite apparent how any incoming damage hits your health directly.

While it's true that you can still cast other skills subsequently when in the "stuck" animation (and they simply won't animate), the fact remains that when the bug occurs, you seem to lose a GCD even though the ward fails, meaning you can't cast anything else for the next 1 second.
    Edited by TheYKcid on January 30, 2019 7:55AM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican wrote: »
    Instead of just setting the ward cast time to 0 seconds, can you guys COMPLETELY REMOVE it? It is causing an annoying bug where your wards get stuck in animation and you can't do anything else, blocking and roll dodging is the only way to cancel it and even after cancelling you have to wait at least a second for skills to start functioning again. This bug has never happened before Murkmire, please fix it next patch, thanks.

same goes for Light Armor Shield ;)

but beeing stuck in annimations is a big Problem on its own, especially on Staff HA aswell.

Also Templar Execute, can become stuck in combo with LA weaving, very annoing
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    This company...
    x'DDD

@Lord-Otto

No, the ward most definitely doesn't get cast when this bug occurs—you can see how the healthbar doesn't gain any shield component, and it's also quite apparent how any incoming damage hits your health directly.

While it's true that you can still cast other skills subsequently when in the "stuck" animation (and they simply won't animate), the fact remains that when the bug occurs, you seem to lose a GCD even though the ward fails, meaning you can't cast anything else for the next 1 second.

Ah, okay. Gotcha.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    It happens all the time.
    I've lost count how often this has lead to my death in pvp and pve.

This never happened before Nerfmire.

Well, at least you can dodge attacks even after the animation has hit you.
    But you know: Nerf Sorcs!
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like they're fixing it on the PTS! From the 4.3.3 notes:
    Fixed an issue with Annulment and its morphs, and Conjured Ward and its morphs, where you could occasionally get stuck in the casting animations when using the abilities in quick succession with other abilities such as Block.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This made me wonder how ''spaghetti'' their code is, it seems they are overwriting everything. Maybe the cause of all the calculations taking to long because of this? :) (AKA resulting in bad performance, mainly PvP primetime)
    Edited by Hexys on February 11, 2019 6:57PM
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    This made me wonder how ''spaghetti'' their code is, it seems they are overwriting everything. Maybe the cause of all the calculations taking to long because of this? :) (AKA resulting in bad performance, mainly PvP primetime)

The issue I think is that they just set the cast time to zero instead of removing it. Skills with no cast time talk to the server and complete their transaction in one communication, cast --> acknowledge, and the server triggers the effect. Cast time spells are more complicated, and it desyncs during lag since there's more chatter during the server transactions (channel start? Okay, started. Channel end? Acknowledge. Effect happens).

What you see in Irylia's video is the server lagging the acknowledgement of the channel end, and the start of the shield effect. So he sits there arms open, waiting for his shield to take effect. The server side of the 0 second channel was not sent or received.

This is semi-educated speculation of course, but it fits. Cast time/channel spells require more server communication. This makes ward spells clunky and difficult to animation cancel under any sort of lag.
    Edited by Minalan on February 11, 2019 7:16PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican wrote: »
    Nah, I stopped playing stamblade the entire murkmire because shadow image is not working properly in keep walls and towers.

I agree. Nothing in this game matches the pure joy I feel using shade in keeps and towers. And just juking people around. It works everywhere else now just not on destructible surfaces.