Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.1.0 is available.
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

what is the EXACT situation that curse eater is OP in?

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
**SPOILER: it appears in comments that its 1v1 scenarios with nobody else around for curse eater to accidently proc on**

im asking because I saw it and was like "oh cool, a set I can slap on my healer to help people out a bit more" as we have a criminal lack of healer sets the provide group support other then . . . bugger heals (I still like SPC because I solo heal in cyro and its nice to kind of play the bard and actually buff people instead of just healing them)

but everyone just CRIED "OP!!!!"

and I was really trying to find the scenario in that it is ACTUALLY op in, but cannot really find it.

**When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.**

lets look at this from as many combat angles as we can: 1v1, small man, zerg VS 1v1, small man, zerg (in various orders)

we will start with curse eater 1v1 vs other options:

1v1 vs 1v1, you gave up damage and survivability for removing 2 debuffs every 2 seconds that may or may not even happen, most 1v1 builds (re: most builds) rely on burst to kill (prime example is NB and stam warden) in this scenario your dead and have no chance to deal enough to kill your opponent. HOWEVER if your a tanky enough healer or something like a magicka NB you might be able to just survive and walk away from the fight till they either leave or you get help (but people can do this alredy so . . .)

this problem compounds as you fight small mans and zergs, the solo curse eater is dead or at a disadvantage in every scenario.

so lets look at curse eater zergs vs all other options:

zerg vs 1? you win, numbers, curse eater does not even matter
zerg vs small man, still probably win, unless we say its a potato zerg vs a hardcore small man, in that case curse eater has no effect on the outcome vs other sets. removing 2 neg effects from one random potato every 2 seconds means nothing, purge is better, templar purify is better, curse eater is just not relevant, especially when elite small mans will gather and drop ults / aoe burst in all of a second on a group of people.

Small man / battlgrounds vs other options:

this is probably the best case scenario for curse eater, as its a small enough group that using purge might still be inefficient (but purify is still better) and you probably already have a dedicated healer in this size of group anyway, its also not so overly bloated of a group that curse eater wont hit someone irrelevant (though if your a small man group near open world zerg gameplay or keep defense / offense it still might get eaten by someone irrelevant)

however, if your an elite small man you probably already have a templar applying purify as it is, or you don't actually need or care about 1 person in your group maybe having a bleed on them. this set is still at the expense of other probably better sets that would be far more impactful and relevant. maybe if your something like a guardplar, magicka tank of some kind, or troll tank then this might come in handy over other sets for its passive sustain and cleanse. but this set really does not change the outcome in that case.
-you still cannot kill anyone
-it will still require the same numbers to kill you as it otherwise would.
-good players will still just ignore you.

in conclusion:
very easy to shout OP at, very hard to find a scenario in that it ACTUALLY makes a difference

summery:
OVER REACTION

Edited by Wing on January 27, 2019 2:17PM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easier to say the exact PvP situation Curse is not OP in.

It removes DoTs, Debuffs, roots, snares, Delayed Attacks like Curse or PoTL, Channels.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

It removes DoTs, Debuffs, roots, snares, Delayed Attacks like Curse or PoTL, Channels.

okay, now actually explain how that would impact the fight in your fight scenario?

so a single person in a zerg removed what? a snare and a root from a single person in the zerg?

and this changed the outcome how?
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set just replaces lich on a setup. It provides sustain. You aren't losing any damage since you werr running lich and lich isn't a damage set. A healer isn't running it. A solo player is or a group of players are. A solo player running this over lich loses a small amount of sustain but gains a purge every 2 seconds. It's an overall buff to that player.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    This set just replaces lich on a setup. It provides sustain. You aren't losing any damage since you werr running lich and lich isn't a damage set. A healer isn't running it. A solo player is or a group of players are. A solo player running this over lich loses a small amount of sustain but gains a purge every 2 seconds. It's an overall buff to that player.

yeah I agree that's a kind of a less then optimal sustain set that passively can cleanse (someone)

BUT

in what combat scenario does that create an OP difference?

none, there is no combat scenario that having this set over any other set allows you to do anything different then what would already happen.

I think this set might make playing something like a solo magicka sorc more comfortable if you were already running a set like lich, as it might cleanse snares or roots if you heal after dashing.

or maybe a solo magicka NB if you once again were already running a sustain set, might make them all the more annoying to pin down.

but that's it, I think removing 2 effects sounds a lot more impactful than it is, and maybe you will notice it if you are alone or attribute escapes to it. but as far as it actually mattering compared to other sets in actual fights, nope, its just not a big deal.

I personally think it might be nice on my warden healer with SPC, as it will make me FEEL like im contributing more to random potatoes I heal, as far as actually helping the fight? I don't think I will contribute to anymore wins or losses then I already would with other sets (currently running bright throat in its place, so my damage will actually go down) but I will FEEL more useful because removing 2 effects is a tangible effect I can grasp over having slightly better heals or damage.
    Edited by Wing on January 27, 2019 1:56PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with you that removing two negative effects every 2 seconds plus getting 150 regen to boot isn't very strong in a 1v1. Even against NBs and Stam Wardens (they both love their Rending slashes which snares me and puts on a DoT and that unresistable bleed. Plus a lot of NBs use poison injection and after getting Incapped, Curse Eater proc would be money).

Plus this set aromatically removes stuns (those are considered negative effects).

That set would cleanse more negative effects than a Templar would in a prolong fight. Cleanse is quite expensive and, although powerful, a passive skill that does not put pressure on opponents. So I hit it maybe every 9 or 10 seconds or so.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 27, 2019 1:56PM
    Options
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potl, templar burst gone
    Curse, mag sorc burst gone
    Bleeds, Stam sorc pressure gone, they have no legit burst
    DK dots, Stam dks pressure gone, they pop corrosive but your gear removes their dots or they leap and again your gear has removed their pressure.

Most classes rely on dots to apply pressure in order to burst people down. Whether it's to absorb healing or tear down shields.

But you're right we could all just run wardens and nightblades I guess.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with you that removing two negative effects every 2 seconds plus getting 150 regen to boot isn't very strong in a 1v1. Even against NBs and Stam Wardens (they both love their Rending slashes which snares me and puts on a DoT and that unresistable bleed. Plus a lot of NBs use poison injection and after getting Incapped, Curse Eater proc would be money).

Plus this set aromatically removes stuns (those are considered negative effects).

That set would cleanse more negative effects than a Templar would in a prolong fight. Cleanse is quite expensive and, although powerful, a passive skill that does not put pressure on opponents. So I hit it maybe every 9 or 10 seconds or so.

okay im glad you actually listed the conditions of the encounter so we can kind of faf it out. (if it IS op I would be all against it I just don't think it is)

we will go all out and just say its removing all negative effects over the course of the 1v1 with no cooldown (not trying to hyperbole just don't want to deal with the minutia of how many procs can you do over 2 sec and what not because trying to keep track of that in a written 1v1 scenario sounds daunting and dumb.

I still don't think this would change the course of the fight against something like a 1v1 stam warden the relies so heavily on burst (shalks, db, execute) though we will say it obviously eats the stun and the dot. but, (I know I sadi I would not keep track but)
    rending provides bleed and snare
    shalks provides fracture
    DB provides stun and dot
    spin provides the execute

if it WAS a 1v1 could you not just rending, watch for it to get eaten, then apply it again with your burst? as rending will eat the curse eater proc telling you exactly when to burst.

also lets say that this wall of curse eater is just un beatable

is that not the case already in 1v1? are there not builds and sets that just laugh at single target and even zergs? this is not new.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    Potl, templar burst gone
    Curse, mag sorc burst gone
    Bleeds, Stam sorc pressure gone, they have no legit burst
    DK dots, Stam dks pressure gone, they pop corrosive but your gear removes their dots or they leap and again your gear has removed their pressure.

Most classes rely on dots to apply pressure in order to burst people down. Whether it's to absorb healing or tear down shields.

But you're right we could all just run wardens and nightblades I guess.

im assuming a 1v1 scenario again as you did not specify.

there are already people that scoff at 1v1 and either escape (through speed, skills, or cloak) or don't die (through already existent healing / tankiness / etc.)

are we just supposed to get rid or nerf every defensive aspec of the game until its impossible to survive against 1 player in any scenario?

I mean fine but that's only going to hurt the small man groups more, and they already complain about the advantage numbers have.

and these 1v1 scenarios (probably the best case against curse eater I think, small mans might make use of it but that's leaning to the point were legit purges are better) don't take into account most actual fights (zergs) were there are dozens of people on each side doing tons of effects a second, curse eater could remove the snare or dot off some bow user in the back that was at full health and not didn't even need it.
    meanwhile your getting bursted down and your 5 piece bonus is doing NOTHING to help you.
    Edited by Wing on January 27, 2019 2:15PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

okay, now actually explain how that would impact the fight in your fight scenario?

so a single person in a zerg removed what? a snare and a root from a single person in the zerg?

Everyone wears it - negative effects become entirely useless. That´s pretty op - no?
    Just as hyperbole as what you´re trying to do.

It´s pretty easy to identify it as overperforming if you´re experienced and somewhat decent at pvp in this game.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A group of everyone runningit and applying hots to each other is where its just ridiculous.

10 people running it means 20 total negative effects are removed from that group EVERY 2 seconds lol

Its beyond ridiculous you can keep going and say in 10 seconds of combat a total of 100 negative effects have been removed from the group
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IMO...

If they just limit some of the things it passively removes I think it would be ok.

If they changed it to remove only snares and minor debuffs every 2 seconds and increased the Magicka return to 200 then it would still be good, but not too good and would give Magicka builds a way to remove snares while helping with sustain.

I agree that removing CC, PoTL, Curse, etc is a little OP, but keep in mind that on my Templar I would be trading Transmutation, Gossamer, Lich, Amberplasm, etc for this, and those also have strong affects. So if it is made worse than other options it just goes back to the trash bin.

Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set replaces 2 skills. Purge, which is expensive as f. And cleansing ritual, which is a class skill. And its every 2 seconds. If you cannot fathom the usefulness of this, the meta crowd will eat you up.
    Edited by Karm1cOne on January 27, 2019 3:57PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea it shouldn't just purge on autopilot. But then again it's very easy to stack debuffs in 1v1/1v2 fights to the point where the set isn't going tokeep up. For example, persistent snares like Templar extended ritual is going to be considered one of the debuffs that will be purged but will be instantly reapplied.

And none of the videos I've seen showcased curse eater in a typical fight. They just slammed down on the cc button, but didn't tack on dots/debuffs before the cc to show that you could work around the auto purge.

In the end, the only changeis to let it have 1 purge every 2 seconds. But it should retain it's live effect of 50% reduction on all negative effects for x seconds and the mag Regen. It isn't going to replace pure Regen or pure tank sets most solo players are running and in large raids having a 5pc set that is wasted on one player for one purge isn't going to be attractive enough to abuse if you have 24 yolo zerglings getting into trouble.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aromatically you say? Well how nice. So do I smell roses every time it removes a stun? Perhaps it’s not so bad after all.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove 2 random effects off one person every 2 seconds in these fights and let me know if a difference was made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrcSgmP_-hs

SPOILER, It would never matter or even be noticed at any time, ever.
    Edited by Wing on January 27, 2019 4:51PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Everyone wears it - negative effects become entirely useless. That´s pretty op - no?

It´s pretty easy to identify it as overperforming if you´re experienced and somewhat decent at pvp in this game.

Yup. Everyone wears it, thus mitigating every other debuff/dot that gets thrown around like rice at a wedding.

Players smart enough to adapt will then begin to rely more heavily on instant damage output rather than damage over time. The damage over time effects will still be there applying pressure, just not as effective as before. Those who fail to adapt, whether by choice or straight lack of skill, will start crying to nerf whatever instant damage skill they died to.

Basically, any new sets that alter established “Metas” are obviously “op” and should be nerfed before they get the chance to force people into altering their preferred playstyle.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on January 27, 2019 5:20PM
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the set will have no game breaking affect aside for a handful of people winning a few more duels.

But wadda I know. I’m just a random internet troll.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Yup. Everyone wears it, thus mitigating every other debuff/dot that gets thrown around like rice at a wedding.

Players smart enough to adapt will then begin to rely more heavily on instant damage output rather than damage over time. The damage over time effects will still be there applying pressure, just not as effective as before. Those who fail to adapt, whether by choice or straight lack of skill, will start crying to nerf whatever instant damage skill they died to.

Basically, any new sets that alter established “Metas” are obviously “op” and should be nerfed before they get the chance to force people into altering their preferred playstyle.

That´s the thing though - it would also remove CCs and any other form of debuffs. It simply breaks the game in a larger scale.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it would also remove CCs and any other form of debuffs.

What a tragedy.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on January 27, 2019 5:47PM
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the set will have no game breaking affect aside for a handful of people winning a few more duels.

I think it will go live, and nothing of note will change.

other then like you said, people will have something to blame a loss on rather then skill / positioning / experience / etc. it will of course be curse eaters fault they lost, of course.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it will go live, and nothing of note will change.

other then like you said, people will have something to blame a loss on rather then skill / positioning / experience / etc. it will of course be curse eaters fault they lost, of course.

Gina already stated that Curse Eater is being modified. Her comment is somewhere in one of the “official discussion” threads.

Today is Sunday and the new Patch is tomorrow. So nothing argued here today will change the upcoming patch.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on January 27, 2019 6:07PM
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What was situation with Soldier of Angiush set?

None uses this set, it took extremely hard nerf that its completely useless

Forum community is very hard on Sets and proven failing many sets.
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That´s the thing though - it would also remove CCs and any other form of debuffs. It simply breaks the game in a larger scale.

I see how this set can be potentially problematic. I would like to know how likely would it be for this set to actually remove the cc and not a different effect? Any one player will have 5 or more negative effects on you at any given time because they are applied passively with light attacks and abilities. When you factor in there is no 1v1s in cyrodiil basically this set will be removing 2 of the possible 12 or more negative effects that are constantly on you when fighting in open world cyrodiil. In that context it doesn't really seem like a OP set.

I feel as though this is a set that needs to be tested in cyrodiil. If all the test are conducted 1v1 on the pts in a controlled environment we won't be able to judge the effectiveness of this set. There are plenty of things in this game that seem op 1v1 but are balanced in cyrodiil. Wings being one example. It completely shuts down magblade but when you have multiple players hitting you the ability seems fairly balanced
    Options
  • Sy1ph5
    Sy1ph5
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set has a specific priority for which debuffs it removes. It's not completely random like you seem to think.
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be back barred so a magicka warden can use netch to remove three effects on demand. Seems strong on the surface but still gotta test it out before I call it OP.
    Options
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://streamable.com/lr4lu
    and
    https://youtu.be/YcQ0KP91NW8
    tell me curse eater is not broken please
    Edited by Pelican on January 27, 2019 10:15PM
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
    Options
  • Flamingfunk
    Flamingfunk
    ✭✭✭
    This set is so strong that everyone with half a clue would wear it. It's not OP it's completely broken.
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regardless of whether or not it ends up being broken when patch hits, I have an issue with these types of sets in general. It automates a game mechanic for you. It’s a crutch just like damage procs, and is bad design. If these things are implemented to combat something, fix that thing, don’t introduce another problem to bandaid fix a problem.

rip decibel
    Options
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play a combat SUPPORT toon in PVP.

Frost Mage, minor maim from Chill, Single target and AOE immobilizes, Polar Wind stun.

In general, I try and stun your groups healer, immobilize your groups fast moving med. armor dds, and get maims, siphons, defiles, stuns and immobilize on your groups tanks and frankly anywhere I can. My toon can't put out enough damage to swat a fly in PvP. My toon folds like a paper napkin when attacked. I don't get the kill, I setup the kills.

Seriously the scenarios are almost obvious. But here is one.

Two groups come together outside of Sej.

I hit my guys with Ice Fortress, Soothing Spoors -> Major Protection, Minor Intellect, Minor Endurance and Minor Toughness grp buffs.
    Next I put down a Frost Blockade -> AOE Immobilize + chill with Minor Maim on your guys.
    Next I will look to find your Healer and get an Arctic Blast Stun on them.
    If I see a ranged opponent trying to flank out wide I hit them with Destructive Reach and immobilize them.'
    I'll toss Corrupting Pollen into the middle of your group and get defiles going, especially on any of your Tanker members.
    Drop a Winter's Revenge to get any slows I can get on those not Immobilized in the Blockade.
    Do some LA's as I've put a bunch of CP points into Siphon.
    Look for any of the 1v1 battles where I can turn the tide by tossing in an Destructive Reach Immobilize / or Arctic Blast Stun.
    If I see a Bomber attempt to run in, it is all hands on deck for me to stun or immobilize that guy.
    If we start to push you back, I'm using stuns and immobile to mess up your orderly retreat.
    If you start pushing us back, I'm doing the same to slow and disrupt your advance.
    At no time do I give whit as whether i manage to dish out even some modest damage (well I can tell you not much I don't even let the UI show the numbers, so small). Don't care.
    My only defense is if you try and close in, I damn well better put a slow, stun or immobilize you and then put some distance between us, because if you get close enough to sneeze on me i'm toast.

You get the idea. So there I am working butt off putting out Immobilize, Stun, Maim, Defile, Siphon, Slows and ONE freaking Warden (or equivalent) in Curse Eater does ONE Mushroom group heal. And BAM all my immobilizes, stuns, maims, defiles, slows and siphons are gone in an instant. Really. Please pause for a moment and mourn my play style and toon's demise.

Heck it gets EVEN worse. With the Racial Passives change, Bretons are IMMUNE to Chill. So my entire slotting of Frost Skills and build has had the heart ripped out. No Chill -> no maim, no immobilized. That Breton is 100% Immobilize and Maim immune from an Ice Mage. That is one OP passive right there. The should rename the passive to GIve The Finger To The Ice Mage passive.

IF I decide to not shelve my SUPPORT oriented Frost Mage and if they don't re-address Curse Eater I would have to, I face the prospect that when I run this toon in AD, I will never be able to use it to confront EP because Bretons. Do you have any idea how many folk run Bretons in EP. The sound you are now hearing is me pounding my head on my desk right now. No more fun filled hours on Aless Bridge. I can only run my toon up against DC. Hi guys.

I could go on and on with facing the opponents with the Run Around A Rock In A Circle scenario or the facing the groups that Run In Circles Around The Tower scenario, or the Cloak-Streak-Mist-Run-Away-Like-A-Little-Girl scenarios.

OK, here is another final scenario. Raise your hand if you've ever experienced being endlessly run over by a ball group in a keep or repeatedly running out and then in to a resource tower, back and forth, back and forth, back .... Sound familiar. Right you can lower the 150,000 or so hands now. Of course you know they are going to run out of that tower any second to put on a jaw dropping display of skill by spamming DBs and Spins. So what do I do (well attempt) I try and put a Frost Blockade, and Winter's Revenge right in the Tower doorway so when you try and rush out you are either slowed or immobilized in some hope to stop or at least slow down the stream roll. Fat lot of good that does. They just hit Rapids and become immune to everything and run out at speed spamming Spins and DBS. They should just rename Rapids to Drop The Trouser's And Moon The Ice Mage skill. They finally (partially) address this and low and behold - Curse Eater.

So yea, yet another non-meta mainstream, niche but effective play style wiped out. I'm sort of running out of them.
    Edited by BrokenGameMechanics on January 28, 2019 1:09AM
    Options
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was nords that have the chilled resist but you already knew that as you mentioned ep... thing is they are already immune to the status effect on live but no one really noticed even in a blockade of frost fotm as their other racials were extremely underwhelming up to this point... in fact any amount of elemental resist (flame, frost, shock, poison, or disease) from racial passives or jewelry enchants already give immunity to their respective status effects... the racial notes are just spelling out for the majority who were unaware of this hidden mechanic
    Edited by _Ahala_ on January 28, 2019 1:34AM
    Options