The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

In combat... can't mount, can't change spells, can't change quickslots

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    shipv wrote: »
    Is this a new feature or is it broken? Since the last major update there are new changes to the "combat status" and what you can and can not do while in "combat status". You don't even have to be the person in combat, someone in your group might be in combat.. so you are in combat.

So now you can't change siege weapons if you (for example) loose your last ballista, or need to slot oils, if the battle is underway. Many situations you can't mount, for miles, because you were in combat like 5 minutes prior.

I think the cyrodiil community is fairly patient with the niggardly development cycles devoted to them. This is extremely annoying and frustrating though and it's having a very detrimental affect on game play, at time affecting the outcome of personal and group battles.

I've been pretty happy with cyrodiil despite the bugs, up until now. So my question is, is this the new normal or do we have to be patient some more until this gets fixed?

Definitely not a new feature or intended. We're aware that it's happening and are looking into how we can get this fixed.

With all due respect, the Devs have never been able to fix the “stuck in combat bug“, and I have no confidence that they’ll suddenly figure it out. There’s no question that it’s worse now than it was before but it has never not been a problem.

Just give be us back the ability to change skills and quickslots regardless of combat status, so long as we’re not actively taking or dealing damage.

We have a pretty good idea what's causing it, but the complication is figuring out the best way to actually fix it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Why isn't this thread in the Dev Tracker if it is actually being looked at?

People like me look to that section since it is clearly intended to communicate to us what is on the radar of the devs. Otherwise we assume it is not getting any attention. The GF bug is a prime example.

Honest question.
    Edited by idk on December 20, 2018 7:11PM
  • TheStankTank
    It certainly is inconvenient when I'm dropping oil and want to put a ranged skill on by bar to keep up the pressure.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this a new feature or is it broken? Since the last major update there are new changes to the "combat status" and what you can and can not do while in "combat status". You don't even have to be the person in combat, someone in your group might be in combat.. so you are in combat.

So now you can't change siege weapons if you (for example) loose your last ballista, or need to slot oils, if the battle is underway. Many situations you can't mount, for miles, because you were in combat like 5 minutes prior.

I think the cyrodiil community is fairly patient with the niggardly development cycles devoted to them. This is extremely annoying and frustrating though and it's having a very detrimental affect on game play, at time affecting the outcome of personal and group battles.

I've been pretty happy with cyrodiil despite the bugs, up until now. So my question is, is this the new normal or do we have to be patient some more until this gets fixed?

Definitely not a new feature or intended. We're aware that it's happening and are looking into how we can get this fixed.

With all due respect, the Devs have never been able to fix the “stuck in combat bug“, and I have no confidence that they’ll suddenly figure it out. There’s no question that it’s worse now than it was before but it has never not been a problem.

Just give be us back the ability to change skills and quickslots regardless of combat status, so long as we’re not actively taking or dealing damage.

We have a pretty good idea what's causing it, but the complication is figuring out the best way to actually fix it.

Perhaps if you could list the cause and potential complications so that we may offer some insight?

You know Zenimax, even after listing thousands of threads of bug reports or offering help repeatedly, they still consider themselves active and aware enough to handle everything without any assistance from the players
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its truly just the person being in combat with someone who has not died and they have to die first; queue the trollblade build with acid spray, cloak, and run away. "Enjoy your walk mother*#!$!"
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why isn't this thread in the Dev Tracker if it is actually being looked at?

People like me look to that section since it is clearly intended to communicate to us what is on the radar of the devs. Otherwise we assume it is not getting any attention. The GF bug is a prime example.

Honest question.

It was a month ago when she posted. Look at dates. I revived the thread.

It certainly is inconvenient when I'm dropping oil and want to put a ranged skill on by bar to keep up the pressure.

Thats literally why no changing in combat exists................ not remotely what the thread is about. If youre in a fight actively, you dont get to change skills. This is about being permanently stuck in combat even when the fight is over.
    Edited by Jakx on December 21, 2018 2:47PM
    Joined September 2013
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    If its truly just the person being in combat with someone who has not died and they have to die first; queue the trollblade build with acid spray, cloak, and run away. "Enjoy your walk mother*#!$!"

We had pretty much this issue with a low damage mag blade the other day, in cloak 85% of the time. It's now my excuse for zerging down a tank build in a resource tower if someone in the group has engaged; if they don't die, we might well be on foot to the next keep.
  • creeker5
    creeker5
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please can we get an update on the fix for "in combat" never going away.

It is getting so PvP in unplayable. Once you get hit with "In Combat" you can not mount, change skills, or use transitus shrines. Sometimes it will last 10+ minutes.

No one wants to run across Cyrodiil.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    creeker5 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please can we get an update on the fix for "in combat" never going away.

It is getting so PvP in unplayable. Once you get hit with "In Combat" you can not mount, change skills, or use transitus shrines. Sometimes it will last 10+ minutes.

I mean its insult to injury. Cyrodiil performance is terribly awful and then you throw in being stuck in combat permanently, you're going the right direction to kill off open-world pvp once and for all.

If only PvP'ers invested as much money into the game as people who focus on housing, it would have been fixed 6 updates ago.
    Edited by Jakx on December 27, 2018 2:39AM
    Joined September 2013
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    creeker5 wrote: »

I am pretty sure there is little information that will come out this week on anything with all the holidays close together.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any fix they release will break the following patch. 0 hope. They're trying to push everyone to bgs
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But Gina, that's just it. The in combat status was fixed(or made shorter "within reason") many patches ago. Now it's come back. This is the thing that kills the fun and enjoyment for soo many players. This kind of thing has happened time and time again when it comes to bugs in this game. Especially in Cyrodiil.

There any many ideas as to why it's happening. They've been expressed for months on these forums. This change in the mechanics after how many years of actually not working properly in the first place...had become the norm for us. If it was fixed very early on, (and fixed correctly) then we wouldn't even be having this discussion =/

Bottom line is, we tell you when things are not working and it takes entirely way too long to get them fixed. I know some are very hard to pin down. But for this particular problem, there was a reasonable fix. So how does it come back, and why is it "being looked into" when it had been fixed before!?!

(I say all this with no snotty or ill feelings/intentions. It's just very fustrating for us all)
    Edited by Dreyloch on January 2, 2019 1:12AM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple short term solution to stuck in combat problems would be to give quartermaster dialogue an option that will drop you from combat. Just throwing out the idea (although now that I think about it I can't remember off hand if you can actually engage with NPCs in combat hrm)
    Edited by Cathexis on January 2, 2019 3:16AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a buff if you like walking
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any fix they release will break the following patch. 0 hope. They're trying to push everyone to bgs
    It's an issue in Battlegrounds too. You can even respawn in your base with no fighting nearby and still be in combat (or at least I can as a Magicka Warden). Gets quite irritating when I need to switch up my bars a bit.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion....could lingering effects like rapid regeneration be changed to drop off your target once they are out of range? I think sometimes those effects keep me in combat and some last a long time.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any updates in this entirely new year?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a feature
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The best way to fix it is to revert changes. It was working flawless before. Just reset player's buffs when they change armor.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we get an update on this issue?

It seems that the combat check needs to account for your character's last combat action taken. Like a hard coded check added in that after a minute of no actions combat should be dropped automatically. At least some time allocated stopgap that can fix the permanently stuck in combat issues.

Also it is really frustrating that such big issues like this get pipelined until next major update. Some issues need to be addressed asap for play-ability reasons. Has ZOS not looked, after 5 years, into updating the way fixes can be delivered more timely in rolling updates instead of being completely rigid in waiting every 3 months for major updates? Is it just how the game is designed that doesnt allow for ease of fixing? Just some insight would be illuminating.
    Joined September 2013
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wonder what bug will be replacing it when it finally does get fixed...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know how it got broken in the first place!
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    No mention of it in today's patch notes :/
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    No mention of it in today's patch notes :/

rip
    Joined September 2013
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to swap things during combat was the biggest blessing we have ever had.
    It wasn’t intended but made combat bug bearable