Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Should I consider a race change before Update 21 hits live servers or wait for changes on the PTS?

fanailloach
fanailloach
Soul Shriven
Im currently a mid 20's Khajit Mageblade, seeing the current notes im not sure if i should stay Khajit or switch to a Altmer or bosmer. What do you guys think?
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait. Nothing on PTS is final.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been back for less than a week, I've only glanced over changes, I would suggest to wait. Always wait for live. You get nothing out of race changing now, and lose nothing for waiting.
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely wait till the changes go live.
    Campos de oro
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main khajiit stamblade. Got nerffed (my own test) because of dw enchantments and I'm going to try magblade. I'm actually optimistic based on what people are showing on pts, so I can't imagine jumping ship on the kitties for mag just yet. Definitely wait.
  • fanailloach
    fanailloach
    Soul Shriven
    I main khajiit stamblade. Got nerffed (my own test) because of dw enchantments and I'm going to try magblade. I'm actually optimistic based on what people are showing on pts, so I can't imagine jumping ship on the kitties for mag just yet. Definitely wait.

Dang cole thats sucks the enchant change nerfed your current build. I guess ill sit it out till it hits live I overthink it at times with most mmo's where I might get better mileage due to a racial over another one. Currently though the Khajit fits so perfectly with the stealing as well lmao.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely wait. Why would you go bosmer for mageblade though? From a mageblade perspective, Khajiit is actually becoming a better option not a worse one. Not saying its BIS, but you are actually getting buffed.
  • fanailloach
    fanailloach
    Soul Shriven
    Definitely wait. Why would you go bosmer for mageblade though? From a mageblade perspective, Khajiit is actually becoming a better option not a worse one. Not saying its BIS, but you are actually getting buffed.

I'm actually thinking the altmer for magblade would be better due to the flat increase in spell damage over a %chance on spell critical that theyre giving the khajit :/ hence why i was asking. PvP wise depending on how reliable the detect stealth passive they're giving bosmer i thought that could remove the need for innerlight and slot Shadowy Disguise eventually.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im currently a mid 20's Khajit Mageblade, seeing the current notes im not sure if i should stay Khajit or switch to a Altmer or bosmer. What do you guys think?
    First, as level 20 its easier just to create an new character.

Secondly and far more important, an Altmer does around 1.5% more damage than you yes that is impressive.
    The Khajiit however can switch between magic and stamina so if balance changes or you are simply bored of magic you can switch.
    Also I assume you made an Khajiit because you liked them who is most important. Don't make characters you don't like :)

And make some more characters, if you like an Altmer make it.
    Make it another class like templar or sorcerer.
    Or another Khajiit of another class.
    This let you level riding on both.

Also if you primarily do quests and delves and similar stamina is much better as you can sprint more.
    Edited by zaria on January 22, 2019 6:42PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would always advocate to wait. Best wishes!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please wait. 99% of the time these changes get all over blown on the forums far above what the actual overall impact will be. Also most changes can be compensated for by a gear change/tweak or a change in your rotation.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang cole thats sucks the enchant change nerfed your current build. I guess ill sit it out till it hits live I overthink it at times with most mmo's where I might get better mileage due to a racial over another one. Currently though the Khajit fits so perfectly with the stealing as well lmao.

Stealing got buffed for sure. Stamblade khajiit is far and away bis for stealing. It was already, but now you can chain 5 cloaks instead of 3 because of the mag base stat additions. This assumes no gear or buffs for mag at all. I didn't try bone pirates plus witch mothers but it's probably nuts. With night silence, concealed weapon and even nerffed swift, good god. You need surprise attack for dungeons and pvp, but not for overland.

That doesn't even include the stealth radius reduction that is now a khajiit exclusive. If you do want to race change at some point, get the stealing out if you system first.

Do keep in mind, this is pts stuff and not final in terms of number. I can't image khajiit stameblade getting knocked off as bis for stealing though. Perhaps a khajiit mageblade will argue, but you're probably splitting cat hairs there.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Please wait. 99% of the time these changes get all over blown on the forums far above what the actual overall impact will be. Also most changes can be compensated for by a gear change/tweak or a change in your rotation.
    This, has healed most vet dlc dungeons on Khajiit and is an pretty mediocre player.
    Yes race has an effect but its 10% maximum as in khajiit magsorc against Altmer in current game.

However if you want an magic and stamina nightblade and an Altmer and Bosmer character its pretty obvious how to sort it.
    or one Khajiit.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not only should you wait to see if the changes will be changed, BUT...you don't have a free race change token from them yet, and seriously *nobody* should be rewarding them for this crap by buying race change tokens. They need to give us one for every toon we want to change, if they're going to force us all to change.