The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fix your damn performance issues.

XNativexPrideX
I am sure many asked nicely. But it doesn't seem to work. So I will be an ass about it. If it gets me banned, whatever. As long as you money hungry idiots listen. This game has been out for years now. Yet you guys still can't seem to fix your *** performance issues. And wonder why people leave. It's because you guys are so worried about crown store and next DLC to care about performance.
Yes I understand Some maybe even most PC players play fine. But the consoles are ***. Blue screens, load screens that last 5 minutes. Random load screens in the middle of fights. Tons of disconnects telling us we need valid internet connections. Really? FFXIV runs way smoother than this crap.
The load screens are the best in pvp. Big fight at the keep and boom 20+ people get load screened and the fight is over. 5 minute load screen to get the camp that's 20 meters away only to come back dead. G effing g.
Quit focusing on your money grabs and work on fixing performance and maybe you'll see people comeback to enjoy a much more enjoyable game.
Edited by XNativexPrideX on January 21, 2019 6:23AM
  • XNativexPrideX
    Oh also I was in a queue for vivec! 423 was my queue waited hours to get in. Got in went to a fight at chal and got kicked. Logged back in and I was kicked out of Cyrodiil. *** awesome.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IKIFEEL.jpg
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• XNativexPrideX
    amir412 wrote: »
    IKIFEEL.jpg

Haha! Brohug!
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Throw console in trash, buy gaming PC, problems solved. I jest... i jest. No, really, i dont. Xbox one and PS4 are like really crappy systems. In fact consoles in general are far inferior to computers when it comes to gaming.

But i know what you are thinking because it is what all console players say..." I cant afford a high end gaming pc every couple of years!" My current PC cost $995( plus tax) It was built late in 2008. Yep it just had it its tenth birthday. It is all original except for a $60 graphics card upgrade in 2015. That is the cost of two Xbox ones. or a single Xbox and like what?? 5 games.

The game has issues but a decent system will compensate for A LOT of those issues. Never skimp on electronics, it will save you SOOOOOO many headaches later....like this one!
  • XNativexPrideX
    Throw console in trash, buy gaming PC, problems solved. I jest... i jest. No, really, i dont. Xbox one and PS4 are like really crappy systems. In fact consoles in general are far inferior to computers when it comes to gaming.

But i know what you are thinking because it is what all console players say..." I cant afford a high end gaming pc every couple of years!" My current PC cost $995( plus tax) It was built late in 2008. Yep it just had it its tenth birthday. It is all original except for a $60 graphics card upgrade in 2015. That is the cost of two Xbox ones. or a single Xbox and like what?? 5 games.

The game has issues but a decent system will compensate for A LOT of those issues. Never skimp on electronics, it will save you SOOOOOO many headaches later....like this one!

It wouldn't be so bad. But I got 500+ friends on my ps friends list. I've known 150 give or take for years. And around 50 of them for over 10 years. If I get a pc again I'd just go to WoW or BDO. Then also I'd have to redo everything if I got it on pc. I got 1156 CP. Tons of gold gear. 9 max chars and 6 with max psijic and mages guild. 5 have full story completed. Starting over would be tough.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just gonna drop this out here...

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was hilarious! The lag heard 'round the world.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »

From my perspective, it was disappointing and boring, very far from hilarious. It would have been the same even if we would have won that engagement. Abilities not responding because of massive organized zergs melting the server is not why I subscribe and play this game. What surprised me even more is the fact that it happened on Shor. I don't remember the last time it has been that bad on Vivec.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 21, 2019 5:27PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's SO much wrong with this.

I think Vivec really enjoyed not having most of AOTP during the event. It was the best poplocked gameplay I've seen on the main campaign since 3.0.
    Edited by zyk on January 21, 2019 5:43PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

From my perspective, it was disappointing and boring, very far from hilarious. It would have been the same even if we would have won that engagement. Abilities not responding because of massive organized zergs melting the server is not why I subscribe and play this game. What surprised me even more is the fact that it happened on Shor. I don't remember the last time it has been that bad on Vivec.

What's really funny is, AOTP was no where near you when some of this slide show was happening. You guys were farming a scroll against DC. So please, stop. It's the servers. Not the people playing the way they want to play. They way the game allows for it to be played. The way the devs designed the whole darn thing. I was really hoping the server would kick us ALL out. That way ZoS might finally wake up and do something about it.

Everyone had the same thing going on. It's not like it was just your group. The servers are crap and we all know it. Stop blaming players for performance that the game maker can't seem to fix. We've had plenty of encounters where lag wasn't that bad, and some really good fights between us. Let's not let ego's get in the way of challenging competition =)

Edit: Sorry, have to add that we ALL hope the I.C. change coming will make things better for the entire population.
    Edited by Dreyloch on January 21, 2019 8:45PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

What's really funny is, AOTP was no where near you when some of this slide show was happening. You guys were farming a scroll against DC. So please, stop. It's the servers. Not the people playing the way they want to play. They way the game allows for it to be played. The way the devs designed the whole darn thing. I was really hoping the server would kick us ALL out. That way ZoS might finally wake up and do something about it.

Everyone had the same thing going on. It's not like it was just your group. The servers are crap and we all know it. Stop blaming players for performance that the game maker can't seem to fix. We've had plenty of encounters where lag wasn't that bad, and some really good fights between us. Let's not let ego's get in the way of challenging competition =)

Edit: Sorry, have to add that we ALL hope the I.C. change coming will make things better for the entire population.

Read what @zyk wrote in his post. enough said really! I had the most fun in Vivec this past week in the past year.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to condense and rewrite the code. That may result in deflating character values.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on ZOS doing any fixes.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The players are the most broken part of the game.

If it's not Ahtu and Crow laughing about breaking the server, it's the lame small scale scene in this game full of players who mainly want to stomp random casuals.
    Edited by zyk on January 23, 2019 11:08AM
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the ESO live PvP will be “fixed” in 6-8 months. Then another small fix a patch after, and when that makes new bugs those will be fixed in 2021. Then after 1 more year of silence we will get a carrots on a stick promise that will be another 6-8 months. After that they will end the war because lag and people dropping subs was the ultimate winner in the quad faction war.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

If it's not Ahtu and Crow laughing about breaking the server, it's the lame small scale scene in this game full of players who mainly want to stomp random casuals.

You've nailed the two biggest issues that have driven me from the game. As a solo player (mostly because grouping causes loadscreen mega-pain for me), I have to choose between trying to help defend keeps from the AotP s**t-herd, or trying to round up a few other soloers to pry a resource from 5-8 l33t pug-stompers. Lately I've chosen the 3rd option, which is to watch Netflix and lurk the Forums. I'm really hoping ZOS gets their s**t together and fixes server performance so I can come back and actually see the animations of the skills that kill me, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wheeler

FIX
    THE
    GAME
    OR
    REFUND
    Just gonna drop this out here...

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

For the record we want to all smash Ahtu and crow but 6-12 players isn’t enough for them.

Them being in shor actually proved that they screw server performance because it followed them there. And yes them being in the server will effect you in various locations on the map. Being closer and having to render their group, animations, and etc only go to make it worse.
    Edited by Haashhtaag on January 28, 2019 5:22PM
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a part of the problem. If you think anything in ESO is a zerg you don't get around much, other mmo's, or never played at launch/have memory loss. The game launched with 600v600v600. Stop blaming your tiny playerbase for playing an openworld/rvr pvp mmo the way it's intended to be played. Wars are won by armies, not small groups. Instead direct that attention towards the devs who've failed you and you continue to support for some crazy reason.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    There are only 2 options.

1. Pick other game and leave ESO - then ESO will die and no potin to fix antyhing if noone is pay Zenimax.
    2. Still play ESO - no reason to fix the game if u still play.

So at this state and for so long time of such low peformance we can be sure that Zenimax devs/coders don't know how to fix game. Probally they are just low quality coders (cheap ones).
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyk and frozen are right. Idk if ahtu and Crow think it's funny or childish that they run 2-3 full 24 man raids all together. When those clowns are not on the servers function pretty decent. Yes there is lag but the lag AoTP causes is beyond stupid.

Yes the servers need an upgrade we know that but stacking that many players in one spot going place to place causes more harm than good and all you get from Crow is we want to unite the pact and that's all that matters and nothing will prevent that.

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »

This is a part of the problem. If you think anything in ESO is a zerg you don't get around much, other mmo's, or never played at launch/have memory loss. The game launched with 600v600v600. Stop blaming your tiny playerbase for playing an openworld/rvr pvp mmo the way it's intended to be played. Wars are won by armies, not small groups. Instead direct that attention towards the devs who've failed you and you continue to support for some crazy reason.

Tried directing it at the devs for years, no response, some player accountability wouldn't hurt.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. I have put that blame toward ZOS for the past 5years. They haven't replied to PvP forums for over 6months now. That cause was lost a long time ago. What remains is what players can do to make the game better.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I have put that blame toward ZOS for the past 5years. They haven't replied to PvP forums for over 6months now. That cause was lost a long time ago. What remains is what players can do to make the game better.

Hmmm, let me think, what can players do to cause less lag?

Maybe it’s not the best idea to cap emp and take all the faction scrolls hours before primetime when EP is poplocked and the other factions are at 2 bar? So that when primetime rolls around it’s a constant emp dethrone, while the emp is zerg surfing inside of the same AOTP he complains about?

Yeah let’s not hold ZOS responsible and blame the players instead. O but wait that would be…
    rzqe37ljv5fl.jpg
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, let me think, what can players do to cause less lag?

Maybe it’s not the best idea to cap emp and take all the faction scrolls hours before primetime when EP is poplocked and the other factions are at 2 bar? So that when primetime rolls around it’s a constant emp dethrone, while the emp is zerg surfing inside of the same AOTP he complains about?

Yeah let’s not hold ZOS responsible and blame the players instead. O but wait that would be…
    rzqe37ljv5fl.jpg

Like the pic
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that the game could at least *sort of* handle 2,000 people on one server at launch, and now someone stacking 60 people on a server that doesn't house one fifth of that breaks the game is absolutely disgusting.

Game needs the FFXIV treatment. Shut it down until you can fix it. It's unpleasant to play otherwise and that will never change until significant rewrites are completed.
    Edited by Ixtyr on January 31, 2019 4:15PM
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Machete
    Machete
    ✭✭✭
    I'm inclined to agree with @Ixtyr. I would be willing to wait a month or longer if it ment reworking the game to a better state. Alternatively instead of just (once again as always...) making more content for new players, why not actually make a massive patch like One Tamriel again and focus on the base game. There are things now ZOS can update in either quest zones, PVP, mechanics and just over all make the lag not, quite frankly, eat ***.

Lemon-Party

Monarch Wintervine, Stamina DK, AD
    Eiress Wintervine, Stamina Warden, AD
    Aelireed Auntumnvine, Stamina Necromancer, AD
    Sierena Hlaalu, Stamina Templar, AD
    Blou Springwillow, Stamina Sorc, AD
    Taliana Silverthorn, Stamina NB, AD
    Monarch Wíntervine, Stamina DK, EP
    Lily Hlaalu, Stamina NB, EP
    Tankito Fondlini, DK Tank, EP
    Evaii Spellborn, Magicka DK, AD
    Thellion Evaire, Magicka Warden, AD
    Weylenn Aenwee, Magicka Templar, AD
    Valianna Syn, Magicka Sorc, AD
    Aranyus Highren, Magicka NB, AD
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After last maintenance cyrodiil became even more unplayable. Constantly ping jumps to ~4k rubberbanding, freezes, long load screens. Half of time I just stack in bar swap in combat. :(
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking Cyrodiil offline would not help fix it in any way whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.