The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Detached, Tone Deaf, and Disrespectful

• Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Koronach wrote: »
    Lore wise the removal of Argonian poison resist bothers me. We literally come from a land filled with disease AND poisons.

I don't remember Argonians ever being immune to poison in the lore. Indeed, there are several examples of them being affected by poison, including alcohol and native species. Both of these happened as recently as Murkmire. The only reason the "poison resistance" is considered "lore" is because a couple games out of the series had them with a 100% poison immunity. That's not a constant through the series and it's also a game mechanic which, apparently, is not super in line with the actual in-game world.

Considering they ingest poisons that kill every other race for recreational use. They also come from Black Marsh which is full of poisons, so yeah they would have a built up immunity to poisons. It's not just in Murkmire don't forgot about Daril in Eastmarch.

An immunity to one poison is not an immunity to all poisons. In Murkmire and the base game we see Argonians getting drunk, dying to poison, etc. These are indisputable facts that completely negate the idea of Argonians having a blanket immunity to poisons.

For further discussion, see Khajiit and Moon Sugar. In some sources they are resistant to the effects that completely floor other races. Yet nobody would say that Khajiit are immune to poisons.

That's funny since Morrowind when they introduced racials. Argonians have been immune 100% to poisons. We should have a resistance to both Poison and Disease but not totally immune. That would be fair.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore wise the removal of Argonian poison resist bothers me. We literally come from a land filled with disease AND poisons.

I don't remember Argonians ever being immune to poison in the lore. Indeed, there are several examples of them being affected by poison, including alcohol and native species. Both of these happened as recently as Murkmire. The only reason the "poison resistance" is considered "lore" is because a couple games out of the series had them with a 100% poison immunity. That's not a constant through the series and it's also a game mechanic which, apparently, is not super in line with the actual in-game world.

Considering they ingest poisons that kill every other race for recreational use. They also come from Black Marsh which is full of poisons, so yeah they would have a built up immunity to poisons. It's not just in Murkmire don't forgot about Daril in Eastmarch.

An immunity to one poison is not an immunity to all poisons. In Murkmire and the base game we see Argonians getting drunk, dying to poison, etc. These are indisputable facts that completely negate the idea of Argonians having a blanket immunity to poisons.

For further discussion, see Khajiit and Moon Sugar. In some sources they are resistant to the effects that completely floor other races. Yet nobody would say that Khajiit are immune to poisons.

Bro I could argue with you all day, You seem to have your bias. Since Morrowind Argonians have had 100% poison resist. And 75% disease resist. Skyrim is pretty dumbed down. They removed a lot of that stuff. That's fine for single player games but not for MMO's. This isn't a single player game.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭

You still get disease resist.
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

You still get disease resist.

Wow awesome. We lose poison resist which is ***. Also a *** ton of self healing,I thought we were supposed to be resilient?
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim is total trash it dumbed down the series. Morrowind and Oblivion were far more relevant to lore. Also gotta love the built in filters.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey as long as your race is getting nothing but buffed. You won't complain.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's funny since Morrowind when they introduced racials. Argonians have been immune 100% to poisons. We should have a resistance to both Poison and Disease but not totally immune. That would be fair.
    They had racials in Daggerfall to, Altmer was bis simply as it had imunity to paralyze and you could select critical weakness to paralyze as an weakness with no downside so you could add more buffs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro I could argue with you all day, You seem to have your bias. Since Morrowind Argonians have had 100% poison resist. And 75% disease resist. Skyrim is pretty dumbed down. They removed a lot of that stuff. That's fine for single player games but not for MMO's. This isn't a single player game.

They did not "introduce racials" in Morrowind, racials have existing in every game except Battlespire. The "lore" on racials (which isn't even lore, it's just a game mechanic thing) has changed repeatedly for every race. That's an objective fact. You want to talk about biases, try your bias for picking and choosing which racials are most canon.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster