The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How will IC be popular. Dont get it. Help me

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you removed the threat of losing progress in IC it would be always booming.

There's a reason most MMOs got away from the concept of losing progress on death...cause most players dont think fun.

I dont really care. I go for random small encounters, not farming TV.

Call it carebear whatever, the incredibly small amount of PvPers who dont care about the loss of progress are the ones who are really suffering at this...as there's hardly anyone to fight down there.

You remove the risk, players dont care about dying anymore, they come to IC so people like me and you can destroy them.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, the flags are a good concept, but they need to be brought down into the sewers. There's absolutely no reason to be down there. Flag captures would help spread the incoming zergs
  • TheMikrobe
    TheMikrobe
    ✭✭
    Not having to travel through Cyrodiil might encourage slightly more people to go to IC, and reducing the number of campaigns to three (I assume there will be CP, no-CP and <50) will concentrate the players that are there so we should get more action just from those two effects. More action will hopefully encourage even more people and build a critical mass. I play a ganker in there and really like the intensity produced by the tight environments, but there aren't enough potential targets/threats, so hopefully it can be improved.

Freeing it from Cyrodiil will hopefully improve the performance of overland PVP, which would also allow more content to be added to IC. I would love an Imperial City II DLC with a sub-sewer zone of less linear caves, or maybe action on the island outside the city walls - really anything with a bit more variety. Put in good enough rewards (items, tel var, or just fun gameplay in contested areas) and it could be awesome.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I am a little confused. Was the main reason for not going to IC the distance you had to cover in cryo?

Why dont you go to IC? What's your reason?

My reason is because it's a ghost town. I dont mind the walking distance at all.

Thanks,

It will be more popular because taking all the farmers of their safe buff campaigns and throwing them together along with ppl who enjoy to play pvp there with a visible population and direct queues allow you to bypass population locked campaigns etc will essentially turn it into a larger scale dynamic bg. Ofc there should be some balancing changes and maybe these can be done via an independent IC buff now which wouldn't affect cyro.
    For example limiting group size or reducing / adjusting battle spirit etc..

Visible population + additional incentive to PvP (taking other's TV) + no siege alone will be nice.

Agree on limiting group size or other balances.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the main reason I didn't go to IC was the travel. Cyrodiil queue->transitus->horse ride. If I can just hop in with minimal effort, I will go quicker.

One major difference this would likely bring is having population meters for IC. If they include that, it will also help people chose between conflict-heavy IC or farming-friendly IC, assuming we have choices. I assume there will be both CP and non-CP, as well as possibly below 50 (non-CP).
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    it'll be interesting to see how many different IC maps we end up getting: 50 plus cp, sub 50, 50 plus no cp maybe...

man, constant IC pops have me super excited - I love the district environments...

I would imagine we get those 3 only. If the goal is to push the IC players together, adding more than those 3 would defeat the purpose.

I think it is a great change. Probably get me into IC more often tbh. Especially when leveling a new character.

I would expect only no cp similar to bgs to be the most likely

I wouldn't. You fight a lot of mobs and it already supports CP.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    IMO they need to also remove the flag system and revert some of the mobs/bosses nerfs they did.

Agreed. If they return the fast Rez in upper, you'll seea return of the crazy fun fights everyone had at IC launch. It may not be as much players, but I'd rather die over and over to a Zerg in upper cyro for an hour than trying to fight "2" people on a resorce/keep I had to travel 20 minutes in heavy lag to get to lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • baronzilch
    baronzilch
    ✭✭✭
    IC now becomes the perfect guest campaign while waiting in Cyro queue. For this reason alone it will be used much more. As it becomes more popular, it will be a lot of fun. I plan on spending all my queue time there. I've always really liked the concept of IC, but, Cyro is my main focus.

It will also make Cyro more competitive because a portion of the pop won't be 'missing' from any Cyro side.

This is a great change with one caveat: they really need to add your guild trader to the Cyro bankers as IC was the only (reliable) way to shop/sell while in Cyro. I doubt ZOS will see the big picture, though, they seem to have tunnel vision on everything they do. I guess we'll see.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    I think this is a good start revitalizing IC. First off travel distance and shared population with cyro makes it unattractive. But now freed from the cyro server, I see actually people going there again, especially since the terrain is by far more engaging for skillful play.

You mean terrain makes nblades feel free to escape any time? ;)
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Checkmath wrote: »
    I think this is a good start revitalizing IC. First off travel distance and shared population with cyro makes it unattractive. But now freed from the cyro server, I see actually people going there again, especially since the terrain is by far more engaging for skillful play.

You mean terrain makes nblades feel free to escape any time? ;)

There is LoS everywhere, which is great for tactical play for any class. Even a waddling templar can get a breather by ducking behind a wall.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    The current active population will be condensed to 1 server, rather than being spread out into the (4?) few they are now.

Which should in turn drive up the prices on Hakeijos, since TV should be harder to come by.. resulting in more people coming in for a slice of the pie.

One? How so? There still should be at least 3, CP, no-CP and under 50. Where did they state they were forcing everyone into one?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The incentive was fragments for trinity jewelry bit that was ruined with putting the gear into the dungeon rewards.

Maybe they need to add gold jewelry bop in there.

It's a fun zone but needs pop. Hope this helps. Need CP, noCP and L1-49 though
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to fast travel directly to IC. Just detach it from the campaigns entirely. Don't even give it a queue. Treat it like a regular zone. Nobody goes there for the AP anyways.

Right now it's like going to Las Vegas. You remember how fun it was but you don't want to make that trip again.

And if they ever gift another free DLC to everyone, IC should be it. They're already putting tel var in the daily login rewards, so it's kinda pointless if they don't.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't go to IC because I have to declare a campaign to do so. Never understood that requirement either. Most my alts don't PvP and I don't want to see all those AvA messages because I had to join a campaign to go to the place.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Where these changes added to PTS? Or will we have to wait until the Elswyr PTS? Any word on how long the campaign/leaderboard will be? 7 or 30 day? What would be your preference?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well first I think they need to make it base game which I think they probably will. It's what, over 3 years old? Can't see that many people buying it now and most people with ESO+ won't care (you'll still get that guy wanting 0.5% off his monthly payment to compensate...) So I highly doubt they'll be missing any revenue.

I think it needs more than just being it's own campaign though. Adding alchemy bags was a good step, but it needs more. I don't mean a few new sets that will be dead in a few months time either. I don't know the answer though unfortunately. Gold mats (alloys etc) may be a good option, as a lot of pure PvP players often don't have a lot of funds to buy them. Not sure if that is THE answer though, but can't see why it'd hurt.

The argument before may have been that people would just go to a dead campaign and pve game, but with once instance they can't do that - a higher potential population will bring a higher risk of them losing Tel var and lowering it's efficiency.

There needs to be 1 instance as well. I don't think you can have a separate CP, non CP and below 50 for it. I think it'll need to be 1 campaign per server and probably CP enabled. PC seems to have a healthy non CP population (especially NA from what I've seen) but consoles don't. Some people may not like it only being CP, but let's remember we're trying to populate the place as much as possible. Dividing that population to any degree will counteract that and probably not help the zone.

I really hope the devs finally figure it out. It's the sole PvP dlc we have (duelling and battlegrounds are a different thing entirely) and honestly when it's populated it can be a lot of fun. They do need to find a way to discourage zerging as well. Maybe less stones based on how many faction members (not just group) as in that specific district. Also, there needs to be a reason to go to the sewers. The sewers are way more fun to fight in - tight corridors, multiple pathways and flanks and dead ends make it so much fun for small and medium scale fighting. Maybe something unique and different from the districts. So not as many stones but maybe a chance mobs drop something nice or they increase the scamp spawns or make fighting the banner bosses worthwhile
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 24, 2019 6:06PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, they need to evaluate it. Try something, give it 3 months and if people aren't going or the feedback isn't good, change something up.

In all honesty, I'd be all for them just doing that anyway. Certain games bring time exclusive modes for players to play. Do this with IC. Change what does in there or how the campaign works. People will come back and try the new mode or fame for the different drops.

Are they going to give it a leaderboard as well? Based on most tell var or something. Change how the campaign works from month to month. Most points based on owning flags, then which faction kills the most enemies (like an extended deathmatch) then whichever alliance has the highest net earnings of tell var faction wide.

Just try stuff and see what happens. It can't get any worse than it is now
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see bosses (sewer and city) dropping pvp set items, same with the chests and for closing gates (gates already have a chance of dropping a motif page)
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    If you removed the threat of losing progress in IC it would be always booming.

There's a reason most MMOs got away from the concept of losing progress on death...cause most players dont think fun.

I dont really care. I go for random small encounters, not farming TV.

Call it carebear whatever, the incredibly small amount of PvPers who dont care about the loss of progress are the ones who are really suffering at this...as there's hardly anyone to fight down there.

You remove the risk, players dont care about dying anymore, they come to IC so people like me and you can destroy them.

I always wondered what would happen to Cyrodiil if you lost 80% of your AP when a player killed you.

My guess is that people would be far less likely to engage the enemy, or even play Cyro at all. Kind of like how IC is.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ELYSWHERE SHOULD BE PVP ZONE WITH ALL THE AWSOME PVE STORYLINES.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK