Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

How will IC be popular. Dont get it. Help me

CavalryPK
CavalryPK
✭✭✭✭✭
I am a little confused. Was the main reason for not going to IC the distance you had to cover in cryo?

Why dont you go to IC? What's your reason?

My reason is because it's a ghost town. I dont mind the walking distance at all.

Thanks,
THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think it fixes Imperial Coty but the fact that it shares population with open world definitely impacts it. This will help it, will it mean more people will go there I’m not sure, still think more needs to be done to make the districts more engaging and encourage more PvP and less flower farming
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    I don’t think it fixes Imperial Coty but the fact that it shares population with open world definitely impacts it. This will help it, will it mean more people will go there I’m not sure, still think more needs to be done to make the districts more engaging and encourage more PvP and less flower farming

faster rez and no static flag mechanics.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even under optimal conditions, travelling through Cyrodiil is a hassle. Under the worst conditions, it's an outright pain if:

- there's a large cyro queue
    - if cyro is brutally laggy
    - if your faction is pushed to its gates

Because IC currently shares a population with Cyro, the population distribution is always off. A faction may be poplocked with no IC presence at all. When you get to IC, you never know what kind of experience you might have there. As its own campaign, none of this will be an issue. IC will be able to cap its population on all factions with players looking to play there. It will have a smoother, more consistent experience.
    Edited by zyk on January 16, 2019 12:07AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add some incentives I can see imp city becoming populated again. They said it’ll be it’s own campaign so I’m wondering if this means it’ll have its own form of an emperor and things to capture besides the district flags.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current active population will be condensed to 1 server, rather than being spread out into the (4?) few they are now.

Which should in turn drive up the prices on Hakeijos, since TV should be harder to come by.. resulting in more people coming in for a slice of the pie.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It means people will no longer be able to farm empty campaigns or select the campaign that favors your faction. You will have to compete in one spot, which promotes fights, and if there is actual fighting more non-farmers will come. More population also makes it more dangerous for gankers.

Plus, no longer will your faction emperor be busy farming in IC instead of defending his throne.
    Edited by NBrookus on January 16, 2019 12:35AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it'll be interesting to see how many different IC maps we end up getting: 50 plus cp, sub 50, 50 plus no cp maybe...

man, constant IC pops have me super excited - I love the district environments...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Plus, no longer will your faction emperor be busy farming in IC instead of defending his throne.

That is a huge change I am very much looking forward to.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m putting my magicka nightblade on this campaign and will play it alone
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SUPER STOKED. I would love to see more sewers objectives...give us a reason to go to other faction sides
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has never really been a point to IC outside of farming for some telvar and stuff. As a campaign it could have life. We will have to see how they design that campaign to work, what the objectives will be.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't go to IC because NBs have complete advantage there. If you think the i-frame is garbage in open world, wait until an NB attacks you when you are soloing a boss...

Until they remove cloak from being a 100% guaranteed defense on damage when casted at the right time, IC is dead to me unless I'm going on a super tank filled with proc sets or I'm also on my NB with cloak and invis pots.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a good start revitalizing IC. First off travel distance and shared population with cyro makes it unattractive. But now freed from the cyro server, I see actually people going there again, especially since the terrain is by far more engaging for skillful play.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like PvE'ing in a PvP zone, so that's partly why I avoid it. It's not very relaxing, when you get gankblades up in your face while busy with mobs.

Also problematic that nightblade is the only decent choice for solo'ing in IC. If you play another class you kinda need a decent team, but it's to empty for that.

Can't say I ever found the walking distance to be a problem. But sharing population with campaigns obviously caused a lot of other issues. I might go there to PvP though, if this change means it's going to be busy like it was in the earlier days.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.1 and 2.2 IC had the best open world PVE this game has ever had because of a combination of factors.

The mobs were much more difficult and interesting to fight. It was far less tedious than PVE in delves or public dungeons, certainly.

In 2.1, it was the only source of V16 mats and IC jewelry was BIS. IC sets and Xivkyn chapters were very valuable -- and everyone had to go there for their V15/16 gear! So the rewards matched the risks.

And, of course, the ongoing risk of PVP.

Those factors not only provided a great foundation for fun fights, but also stimulated the community to work together. PVE guilds adapted to get their gear There were ongoing pugs and constant zone chat reports of dangers. PVP players helped their individual PVE friends grind gear -- and so on. It was that kind of interdependence that used to make MMOs an amazing experience.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love IC... some of my fondest memories of PvP in ESO was back when IC released. It was awesome!!!

I am hoping they introduce some new incentives to purchase with Tel Var.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea those 5 people in IC caused such a huge population imbalance. At least we won't have to hear people complaining about that any more.

The ride there is a problem only
    if impatient people that need to have everything yesterday make it a problem in their own mind. I've ridden from my base to the entrance, it was a couple of minutes tops, not a problem.

People don't go to IC because there is no real reason to after you've farmed all the tel var you need to get what you did want, if there was something you actually wanted
    Edited by Katahdin on January 16, 2019 6:04PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I am a little confused. Was the main reason for not going to IC the distance you had to cover in cryo?

My reason is because it's a ghost town. I dont mind the walking distance at all.

Thanks,

It will be more popular because taking all the farmers of their safe buff campaigns and throwing them together along with ppl who enjoy to play pvp there with a visible population and direct queues allow you to bypass population locked campaigns etc will essentially turn it into a larger scale dynamic bg. Ofc there should be some balancing changes and maybe these can be done via an independent IC buff now which wouldn't affect cyro.
    For example limiting group size or reducing / adjusting battle spirit etc..
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 16, 2019 6:08PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know if it will revitalize IC, but separating it from Cyrodiil is a thing that should have been done day 1. Finally population won’t be skewed, and performance hopefully improved.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    it'll be interesting to see how many different IC maps we end up getting: 50 plus cp, sub 50, 50 plus no cp maybe...

man, constant IC pops have me super excited - I love the district environments...

I would imagine we get those 3 only. If the goal is to push the IC players together, adding more than those 3 would defeat the purpose.

I think it is a great change. Probably get me into IC more often tbh. Especially when leveling a new character.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I would imagine we get those 3 only. If the goal is to push the IC players together, adding more than those 3 would defeat the purpose.

I think it is a great change. Probably get me into IC more often tbh. Especially when leveling a new character.

I would expect only no cp similar to bgs to be the most likely
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk i think easy of getting to it and not sharing a pop with cyro will help

also this means that the players in ic that were separated into different campaigns will now share one, so increasing the population
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had plenty of times where all factions are pop locked. The one I'm going in on had a queue. Everyone seems to think I.C. is soo popular that there MUST be 10's of ppl down there screwing up the queue. So I checked one day. Ran all the way down to center of sewers, didn't see a soul. Checked the districts, maybe saw less than 5 ppl. excluding any hidden NB's of course ROFL. But imo, it's not the population problem everyone think's it is.

I think the object of this move is to reduce server load from checking it all the time. More so than it being so heavily populated that it lags the rest of Cyro. It's more just a server workload thing?

"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,

Several reasons:

Sewers used to be the most interesting place. But rewards there are now terrible compared to upper IC. Even if it was the best part of IC, it's still way too linear with no alternative routes to avoid zergs etc.

It's like a terrible terrible miniature version of Darkness Falls in DAOC.

Upper IC has instant respawn zergs. Fight a group and first guy you killed is back before you kill number 2. Mechanics that reward the zerging faction by letting them respawn instantly is terrible.

All in all, I only go to IC to farm tel vars or level stuff. Because the gameplay is pretty crappy.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO they need to also remove the flag system and revert some of the mobs/bosses nerfs they did.
    Edited by Haashhtaag on January 16, 2019 9:07PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of us who sometimes pop in there for Tel Var, it means I can just queue and be there.

As opposed to queuing for Cyrodiil, transitus to my nearest keep, ride to the nearest sewer entrance, and be there.

Yeah, the extra effort and ride did dissuade me, even though I'm confortable in Cyrodiil.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »

Thanks,

Several reasons:

Sewers used to be the most interesting place. But rewards there are now terrible compared to upper IC. Even if it was the best part of IC, it's still way too linear with no alternative routes to avoid zergs etc.

It's like a terrible terrible miniature version of Darkness Falls in DAOC.

Upper IC has instant respawn zergs. Fight a group and first guy you killed is back before you kill number 2. Mechanics that reward the zerging faction by letting them respawn instantly is terrible.

All in all, I only go to IC to farm tel vars or level stuff. Because the gameplay is pretty crappy.

Zergs aren't rewarded at all because the stones you get is split evenly so your profit is ***.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I would expect only no cp similar to bgs to be the most likely

That's my guess, too, but I suppose we'll find out next week.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    IMO they need to also remove the flag system and revert some of the mobs/bosses nerfs they did.

Amen. The flags killed any semblance of PvP there and turned it exclusively into Tel Var farming.

I would also be in favor of the old death penalties. Make killing players the most efficient way to farm Tel Var.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    I think the object of this move is to reduce server load from checking it all the time. More so than it being so heavily populated that it lags the rest of Cyro. It's more just a server workload thing?

Correct.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons