The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please disable security IP check momentarily!

Spiff_Devir
Spiff_Devir
Soul Shriven
PLEASE DISABLE SECURITY IP CHECK MOMENTARILY!

Finally got the mail with security code. Didn't work ofc, because it arrived after the 10 min window. So.. Tried to login again, and ofc its sending me yet another mail - witch i won't recieve before the 10 min. window yet again. Never ending story you see. Hence the fact that many people will try login 50 times, setting 50 mails in cue, on a mailserver all ready in "knees". That leading to locked accounts for 10 minutes on top.

Regards
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was really crass of Zenimax to force a one-time password check after downtime, what we're seeing was entirely predictable with likely hundreds of thousands of players all trying to login at the same time so the authentication system floods the e-mail servers.

I've asked them why the did such a stupid thing, I doubt I'll get an answer but I'm sure they thought they had a good reason. :|
    Options
  • Spiff_Devir
    Spiff_Devir
    Soul Shriven
    KerinKor wrote: »
    It was really crass of Zenimax to force a one-time password check after downtime, what we're seeing was entirely predictable with likely hundreds of thousands of players all trying to login at the same time so the authentication system floods the e-mail servers.

I've asked them why the did such a stupid thing, I doubt I'll get an answer but I'm sure they thought they had a good reason. :|

Thing is.. I have a static IP, so why the security question in the first place? Thing should only kick in when IP changes. (Unless they hit the IP DB with "zeroes" :pensive:

Regards
    Options
  • CTraveler
    CTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't prompted to check my IP upon logging in, just now. 0_0;
    Options
  • Devilizer
    Devilizer
    Probably because your IP wasn't registered in the first place
    Options
  • Aletheides
    Im stuck in the same limbo. Codes takes longer than the 10 minutes to recieve so they arent actual when they arrive.
    Options
  • Spiff_Devir
    Spiff_Devir
    Soul Shriven
    It was, played Beta and allso 5 days pre-launch. Had the question once before. Not sure its a matter of "nobiness" clientside here. :wink:
    Options
  • Mennox
    Mennox
    ✭✭
    Why would you want to compromise security by temporarily removing the verification codes as they are taking longer than normal to come through via email due to extreme volume requests?
    To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
    Options
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    They did this because they probably wanted to avoid the diablo hack fest that occurred on release when 10k people were pre hacked before even logging in for the first time. It was probably their own fault for getting hacked but a simple system like this would have prevented that. I'd say eso was very very wise to do this and considering unlike diablo 3 where every second post was an I GOT HACKED post I'd say they were successful since I've seen zero posts like this for eso.
    Options
  • Krym
    Krym
    ✭✭✭
    Mennox wrote: »
    Why would you want to compromise security by temporarily removing the verification codes as they are taking longer than normal to come through via email due to extreme volume requests?

you mean the security that is only an issue for people with the same password everywhere and who can't keep their own in check?
    Options
  • Krym
    Krym
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say eso was very very wise to do this and considering unlike diablo 3 where every second post was an I GOT HACKED post I'd say they were successful since I've seen zero posts like this for eso.

ip auth means nothing if people can access the mail, which is usually the case.
    Options
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    And then the forum is flooded with dozens of threads from people saying their accounts were hacked.

Sorry, that was the pessimistic darkkterror. I try to keep him contained but it isn't easy.
    Options
  • jadedalienb14a_ESO
    I'm in the same boat. I'm logging in from the same computer, same IP and it is asking for code but not sending the damn thing to my email in time. You guys are REALLY starting to test my *** patience. ::sigh::
    Options
  • jadedalienb14a_ESO
    Ah but they have no problems getting me my email notification that I've earned my 10 posts badge. ::boggle:: Still no code forthcoming. ::grinds teeth::
    Edited by jadedalienb14a_ESO on April 7, 2014 7:28PM
    Options
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can't log in, keeps saying my account is locked for 10 minutes. I have waited 12 minutes between attempts. After all the damn quest bugs not allowing me to progress and now this crap I'm about to just uninstall and de-activate my account. This is BS
    Options
  • Mennox
    Mennox
    ✭✭
    Mennox wrote: »

you mean the security that is only an issue for people with the same password everywhere and who can't keep their own in check?

Care to provide your findings on this to render your comment valid? :smiley:
    To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
    Options
  • c_leverb16_ESO
    i have also just received this error any word on fix?
    Options
  • MyForumName
    MyForumName
    ✭✭
    i have also just received this error any word on fix?

the fix is three fold

1] check your spam folder and make sure you used a working valid email account.
    2] wait for it longer since when servers are loaded and or busy things take longer [go figure]
    3] try again.

Options
  • Shazz
    Shazz
    ✭✭
    If you are still locked out (Error 207) like many of us are, please add your name here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/574454#Comment_574454
    Options