The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More Guild Trader kiosk's

angrytroll85
angrytroll85
✭✭
Could we please get more Kiosks Through out the map? Just about every major city is locked in with ridiculously high bid's. It don't give other guild's a chance to grow. It is a highest bid gets the kiosk thing which is cool but I feel that there are not enough kiosks. The trade guild to kiosk ratio makes it nearly impossible for some to ever get a guild trader. Please think about this.
Edited by angrytroll85 on December 3, 2018 4:04PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw out the map.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be nice, both my trade guilds lost their traders this week :(.

Although my PVE guild managed to get one somehow.

I'd like them to be in more useful locations far too many in random pointless locations no one will ever visit.
    Edited by Narvuntien on December 3, 2018 4:22PM
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some guilds keep the same trader for years. It's a huge business, and largest guilds already took best pieces of cash pie. The only way is to fully rework trading system.

Personally I use all these "unknown" traders only if I found something cheap in their store on TTC website. Traders system has been criticized since the very beginning of ESO, but I think nothing will change in future. To much to work, while even a small bug can't be fixed for years.
  • angrytroll85
    angrytroll85
    ✭✭
    Also If we could stop people from buying there gold off the internet for guild traders I think that you would see a big change in the guild trader kiosk.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think the starting zones need 3-5 guild traders each (Betnikh, Bal Foyen, Stros M'Kai, Bleakrock & Khenarthi's Roost). That would alleviate some of the congestion right away.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also If we could stop people from buying there gold off the internet for guild traders I think that you would see a big change in the guild trader kiosk.

I seriously doubt that a player would spend real world money in order to ensure his/her guild wins a weekly bid in a video game. I could be wrong. If you could document your assertion with something more substantial than speculation or rumor, I would listen.

There is plenty of money in the game to support ever-increasing bids. Every time a chest or monster is looted, every time a quest is completed, more gold is added to the gold supply.

However, I believe OP is correct. Regardless of the size of bids, there are not enough kiosks to serve the guilds who bid. Adding more kiosks, preferably in capitol cities, would increase the number of players able to trade professionally, without going down the disastrous path of a single trader for everyone.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, we need a dedicated Bazaar city, with maybe 20-40 spaces for stalls.Maybe add in another weekly, rotating furnishing/item vendor like the luxury furnisher in Coldharbor, just for some flavor. Make it a "no dueling" zone (disable the feature in the zone), so the sweaties don't exacerbate the lag.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • angrytroll85
    angrytroll85
    ✭✭
    I was not saying that that is the only way that they are winning them nor was I trying to have a debate with you over it. I am just clearly trying to see IF WE COULD POSSIBLY GET MORE GUILD TRADER.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Yeah, we need a dedicated Bazaar city, with maybe 20-40 spaces for stalls.Maybe add in another weekly, rotating furnishing/item vendor like the luxury furnisher in Coldharbor, just for some flavor. Make it a "no dueling" zone (disable the feature in the zone), so the sweaties don't exacerbate the lag.

^ This. Add a crafting area for writs and I'm sold.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to update the guild trading system altogether. Being limited to listing only 30 items at a time causes some players to need to join multiple guilds, no search function and limited filtering options in the traders results in hours to go through every trader looking for a rare item, and just the way the traders work results in a toxic environment between the guilds trying to get the few prime locations.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was not saying that that is the only way that they are winning them nor was I trying to have a debate with you over it. I am just clearly trying to see IF WE COULD POSSIBLY GET MORE GUILD TRADER.

Hmm. All I saw was your statement that bids were supported by buying bid gold from gold sellers.

Since we agree more kiosks are necessary, I suppose we agree.
  • angrytroll85
    angrytroll85
    ✭✭
    In most ways we do agree but no one will ever totally agree on anything so we will just have to settle for It is what it is.
  • Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    What if they allowed guilds to have a real guild house and have a guild trader there? Then we would need a directory of guild houses with traders in game, but that could be accomplished rather easily.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the DLC's were adding those new locations. Of course, customers must also have the DLC to use them, but ESO+ means most players effectively do. Adding them that way lowers the congestion at existing sites.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In most ways we do agree but no one will ever totally agree on anything so we will just have to settle for It is what it is.

That made me smile. Thanks. :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many traders throughout the game zones. I am in two guilds that are not trading guilds that often get traders and I sell pretty good through those locations.
  • angrytroll85
    angrytroll85
    ✭✭
    (
    I still think the starting zones need 3-5 guild traders each (Betnikh, Bal Foyen, Stros M'Kai, Bleakrock & Khenarthi's Roost). That would alleviate some of the congestion right away.

Tere are multiple Kiosks in locations that also have no trader in front of them like the above listed locations. Betnikh has 6 trader kiosks but only one trader, Stro M'kai has 4 kiosks and only 3 traders 2 examples not the best locations but having a guild Kiosk in any location would be better then not having one at all.
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real problem is that major trader guild leader buy more then one account game and in this way bid for more then 1 trade guild, or just make more then 1 guild with some friends, in this way there is not a free merchant but a monopoly in Tamriel.
    Right now if you bid less of 90k you not going to take nothing and this of course is ridiculous coz a normal guild pve/pvp with 20-30 active players usually cant do more then 30-50k at week.
    I dont if ZOS know about it, right now is like they dont know or dont care about nothing, but the problem is aware of everyone i think.
    The only solution to mitigate the problem is to buy only within your own guilds.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need less traders spread all over the world, and more slots (guilds per trader / players per guild / slots to list), along with a search function.

Current limitations just drive up costs - both to item costs as well as costs with time wasted running around the game world watching load screens and trying to sift through endless lists of stuff we don't need.

Personally I'd love to see the trader system abandoned and a global marketplace replace it, but baring that, just upping the limits for everything while adding a search function would be a good first start towards marketplace improvement.
  • angrytroll85
    angrytroll85
    ✭✭
    I created a poll for this if you would like to vote its called "Do you think we need more trade kiosk's"
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    We need less traders spread all over the world, and more slots (guilds per trader / players per guild / slots to list), along with a search function.

Current limitations just drive up costs - both to item costs as well as costs with time wasted running around the game world watching load screens and trying to sift through endless lists of stuff we don't need.

Personally I'd love to see the trader system abandoned and a global marketplace replace it, but baring that, just upping the limits for everything while adding a search function would be a good first start towards marketplace improvement.

This is what should happen. Limit traders to only a handful of large cities such as the three Alliance Capitals and either have multiple guild slots at each individual trader there or create a new Guild Hall at each Capital.

It would make things so much better for both smaller guilds trying to compete for spots with larger guilds that have millions of gold to bid each week as well as every average ESO player that currently has to fast travel to 20 different locations with all the loading screens just to look for the best price on an item.

It doesn't even make sense having guild traders at all the DLC locations due to the low player traffic to the majority of them and they just keep adding more each DLC release.
    Edited by Twohothardware on December 3, 2018 6:51PM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PS4 user (no add ons like pc) the guild trader system is a cool system in theory. I get it sticks to the love of the game. But there is a few quality of life changes that should happen.

1) a search function. Finding anything without an add on is so freaking difficult and annoying. 90% of the time it just makes me wanna quit the game when I need 1 thing.

2) buying a trader isn't the problem. I think that system should stay the same except when you buy a trader it should also be entered into a world trader. (So that way if I'm looking for a motif I can go to the main trader board and search it out without going to 20 zones and not finding one. Again this isn't a problem on PC they have an add on that shows where all the items are and what the different prices are.)

3) a combination of both 1 and 2 by maybe if they don't wanna work it out themselves just pay the people that made the add on to make it for console too!

In sum there is so much to do on this game I shouldn't have to spend 4-5 hours going zone to zone in "incredibly long load times" with no actual search function to find one item. Quality of life people we went over a year before we got text chat!
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    We at Brightstar are a medium/small size guild if you count all of the inactive players. If you don't we are small. Finding a trader that $500,000 gold bids can secure for the week is a little much for our size, but we do save it up and lose anyway on occasion. Mind you this is on the far reaches of Tamiril in the backwoods.
    We already know it costs millions in the larger towns so where is the help to grow if the monopolies price us out week after week? A few additional kiosks will not knock sales down for the overweight guilds that must spend an unbelievable amount of non game time in hogging their precious spots. So do it already! How can the few locations actually service the hundreds of thousands of players anyway? People will get sick of the poor treatment eventually. I hear that June is the timetable for some movement on this and let me be the first to tell you that there won't be enough after its done.
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    2nd week in a row that I bid on a near zero inventory trader and lost. Looks as if it exists, like many others, just to stifle the competition and we medium guilds that can't afford to spend are again kicked to the curb. There is no business being done in these ghost traders. The thought that the plans for the update will fix this may just be a pipe dream. If they can afford to do nothing there they can certainly do it in more than one location. A few additional traders didn't address a growing list of new players and guilds and trader needs.
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    We used the multi-bid update and actually won a trader. If they had only remembered to include to refund one of the bids we lost it would be a happy ending. :/
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol PC na or eu? No refunds for lost bids? Pc EU got multiple times refunded.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    I am corrected there was no mistake.. happy happy