Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maybe argonians can get 1000 stamina too?

ArgonianAustin
ArgonianAustin
✭✭✭
The other races in my opinion got cool and different changes. Argonians got nothing added just nerfs.
Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other races in my opinion got cool and different changes. Argonians got nothing added just nerfs.

About time those lousy lizards got put in their place
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭

Well I'm an og lizard from first day on ps4. I wasnt them for the power. So "following the current meta race changers" did this to them.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP already has a Stam race now, Dunmer.

If anything Argonian needs to be mag. Argonians are really a utility race though with their sustain, clearly healing orientated passives, and just became even more healing (no healing received).

Nord doesn't do attacks, Nords just drink mead and take a beating.

EP only has 1 DPS, and it is stam.
    Edited by richo262 on January 18, 2019 12:22AM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just throw some dynamite into the lakes and lower that slaughterfish population and I'll be fine with just swim speed.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove argonian racials completly
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the bonus stamina as well. I find it interesting that they carved away some of the tank elements of the race but kept the healing aspects. The problem with this is that they are clearly an inferior healer now to Bretons and Altmers. I still like the race though and I still think they're good jack of all trade types.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    remove argonian racials completly

Do you 2 have nothing better to do than post comments with little to no value in any Argonian related thread? Can you logically explain, without RP racist BS, why exactly Argonian deserved to be nerfed to the ground in the only aspects of the game they excelled at, namely support roles? Can you give 1 reason as to why it's completely fine for Altmer and Redguard to dominate DPS roles but Argonian can't do the same for Support Roles, again without jaded RP nonsense?

Give me 1 good reason. I look forward to dismantling it.
    Argonian forever
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians have always been support, supporting the Dunmer while in chains.

Lols aside, Argonians are still the best healer and fill the tank role very well. Nords are now in equal contention for the best tank role, and that is all the Nords do. Nords have been terrible for as long as I can remember, now they are worth something. Nords cannot DPS, nor can they heal well. The only thing a Nord can do it take a beating. At least an Argonian can heal too.

Argonians did not get nerfed off the top spot, they got brought down in line with others. They are still exceptional races for tanking and healing.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the bonus stamina as well. I find it interesting that they carved away some of the tank elements of the race but kept the healing aspects. The problem with this is that they are clearly an inferior healer now to Bretons and Altmers. I still like the race though and I still think they're good jack of all trade types.

Well now khajiits and dunmer are jack of all trades. I love how the khajiit racials look but I must stay a lizard.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was going to be a moderate nerf regardless, as (dev comment), "Previously Argonians offered far too many stats and they were mathematically twice as good as some races."

Adding stamina would contradict that, and base stamina wasn't part of the old passives either. It might be harder after Update 21 to swap into damage dealer, but I feel the ability to choose between healing or tanking is retained without perhaps having the resources to do both.
    signing off
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    It was going to be a moderate nerf regardless, as (dev comment), "Previously Argonians offered far too many stats and they were mathematically twice as good as some races."

Adding stamina would contradict that, and base stamina wasn't part of the old passives either. It might be harder after Update 21 to swap into damage dealer, but I feel the ability to choose between healing or tanking is retained without perhaps having the resources to do both.

Well they should've reworked most of the passives like the other races. Argonians literally got nothing new only nerfs.
    Edited by ArgonianAustin on January 18, 2019 1:24AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians were too strong compared to others and zos doesnt do buff, they only nerf
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Argonians were too strong compared to others and zos doesnt do buff, they only nerf

Now they suck. I don't want to be chugging a potion 24/7 to be better than other races.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Stamina wasn't a part of Altmer either but ZOS decided to give them Stamina return for SOME odd reason. Dunmer got Weapon Damage added to them, despite only having a Magic buff passive before. FFS Khajiit got magic buffs out the wazoo, despite them being a purely Stamina race before. The statement that "Argonians offered far too many stats" is a crock when I look at some of these passives and considering that 1) We lost poison status immunity 2) Our self healing has been cut by 60% and 3) Our Potion passive has been nerfed, asking for a Stamina buff or ANY buff to our damage is hardly unreasonable considering that our use in support roles have been reduced drastically.

Make Resourceful give 1000 Magic OR Stamina, depending on which is higher, with the potion passive being changed from a Tri-Stat restore to a slightly stronger Bi-Stat, with emphasis again being on the higher resource+Health and since we no longer have a Tri-Stat restore effect, you can now also put a slight damage buff on Life Mender, adding 100 Weapon and/or Spell Damage so that our damage is now slightly higher, which also helps offset the huge nerf to our self healing without it being grossly OP or UP.

It's not a huge change but it would, at least, open up Argonian to be more viable as DPS. It's all I ask.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on January 18, 2019 6:47AM
    Argonian forever
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You haters should be caged in...

Anyway we need Back our poison resist
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina wasn't a part of Altmer either but ZOS decided to give them Stamina return for SOME odd reason. Dunmer got Weapon Damage added to them, despite only having a Magic buff passive before. FFS Khajiit got magic buffs out the wazoo, despite them being a purely Stamina race before. The statement that "Argonians offered far too many stats" is a crock when I look at some of these passives and considering that 1) We lost poison status immunity 2) Our self healing has been cut by 60% and 3) Our Potion passive has been nerfed, asking for a Stamina buff or ANY buff to our damage is hardly unreasonable considering that our use in support roles have been reduced drastically.

Make Resourceful give 1000 Magic OR Stamina, depending on which is higher, with the potion passive being changed from a Tri-Stat restore to a slightly stronger Bi-Stat, with emphasis again being on the higher resource+Health and since we no longer have a Tri-Stat restore effect, you can now also put a slight damage buff on Life Mender, adding 100 Weapon and/or Spell Damage so that our damage is now slightly higher, which also helps offset the huge nerf to our self healing without it being grossly OP or UP.

It's not a huge change but it would, at least, open up Argonian to be more viable as DPS. It's all I ask.

YES this! I also thought why they haven't done it that way :dizzy:
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Blackpine
    Blackpine
    ✭✭
    I kinda like mentality of people who don't want their races to be better. They only want all other races to be worse. I say - leave argonians like they are and slightly buff others.
    That will improve quality of life for everyone.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's about Balance. The Alliances all need to be balanced with each other
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, lets do a simple math here: Redguards will be getting 1K stamina every 5 seconds when they deal Direct dmg.

Argonians will get 3.6K stamina, 3.6K magicka and 3.6K health. In totall 10.8 recourses every 45 seconds (when they drink a potion).

This means that Redguard will get 9 ticks over 45 seconds so 9K stamina back vs 10.8K combained recourses. As you can see the diference is not big. We should also take into account that Argonians have to wait 45 seconds for those recourses while Redguards will have much more dynamic "easier" rotation (5 seconds vs 45 seconds).

Add to this that argonians will get 7.2K "usefull" recourcess (mag & stam, as you can not cast skill using your health)... So that is 7.2K (splited recourses mag & stam) vs 9K...

I think I have made my point.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 18, 2019 1:25PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonians needed a nerf lol, they don't need a buff. The nerfs they're receiving are completely balanced and reasonable nerfs. They don't need anything more.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) You guys lost poison but gained disease (which is amazing with your healing capabilities)
    2) you guys got a slap on the wrist for your potion passive (it seems like everyone in pvp was argonian that tells you right there that they were out of hand especially with sets that give even more stata when you drink a potion)
    3) you guys got 1k max magic right? That is a buff from your 3% you guys had so there is your resource you gain

Argonians seem to fit the magic role really great.
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    The nerf to argonians was fitting due to the new meta being tanky and the argonians being very fit for it. Nevertheless, a rework would've been a better option indeed, as simply toning down the argo (which has a situational passive, as even if you are chugging potions 24/7 you might have full stamina/magicka or health) seems a bit overboard.
    1) You guys lost poison but gained disease (which is amazing with your healing capabilities)
    2) you guys got a slap on the wrist for your potion passive (it seems like everyone in pvp was argonian that tells you right there that they were out of hand especially with sets that give even more stata when you drink a potion)
    3) you guys got 1k max magic right? That is a buff from your 3% you guys had so there is your resource you gain

And about this, doing the maths, 1k magicka is less than 3% of any magicka stacking build
    Edited by Anastian on January 18, 2019 12:59PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Wrong, argonians (just like bosmers) have both poison & disease resistance on live server.
    2. Resourceful passive is not the direct couse of argonian high sustain. It is infused jewelry with potion cooldown combo (argonians got popular in pvp right after Semmerset update that introduced jewelry crafting. Before that they were not seen in pvp THAT often).
    3. That change is least relevant. On average it is not a buff and not a nerf either. Only if you have a build that uses high amont of max magicka - then you may actually notice a difference.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 18, 2019 1:14PM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackpine wrote: »
    I kinda like mentality of people who don't want their races to be better. They only want all other races to be worse. I say - leave argonians like they are and slightly buff others.
    That will improve quality of life for everyone.

people want to got underwhelming races buffed like just breton got, finally something nice instead of crap

but some races are/was overpowered in compare to rest which is in mid - so in good point at balance

there is nonsense to buff also mid races on overpowered lvled of single race making them all o overpowered lvl then - there would be more noneeded power creep which we dont want which we got via cp

and also it is reasonable to nerf single race instead of buffing rest 9 all together - some a bit, some much more just to be on par this single op race

if you had to work at it what would you choose?

nerfing 1 of 10 races to be on par this most of them and care only about this to make it balanced, to not nerf to much

or

insane buffing 9 of 10 races to be on par with this single race while needed to rethink more to make these 9 different changes balanced
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore-wise, Argonians always were skirmishers, not healers or mages. Although they have some affinity for illusion magic and alchemy, they have one webbed foot firmly inside the physical combat camp.

IMO they should have 500 magicka and stamina instead of 1000 magicka. That would be more in line with their previous 3% magicka bonus, and keep them as versatile as they should be.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1) We currently have both poison and disease immunity so no, we didn't gain anything here.
    2) Considering that the potion passive was literally the only crutch we had for damage purposes, a nerf to it without some DPS buff added was a nerf to Argonians in every single area of the game
    3) I have 40k Max Magic live. 3% of that is 1200. Small difference but it's still a loss of 200 max magic, which is a further nerf to my already low damage.

You don't even bother to bring up the fact that we lost 60% of our Self Healing potency either with the complete removal of Healing Received, which is a flat nerf to Argonian Tanks, and a 1% nerf to healing done, which is a nerf to Argonian Healers, to say nothing on its impact on Argonian DPS survivability.
    Argonian forever
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians should get 1000 lashes with a whip.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to my math here in the forum argonians are underperformers with current PTS racials and definetly should be buffed with 1k of magicka at least
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Argonians should get 1000 lashes with a whip.

That's how long it'll take a Dunmer to kill an Argonian now, seeing as their Magic DKs got nerfed.
    Argonian forever
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's time to once again rely on my swim speed. Good times.