The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New racials evaluation - lots of simple math

Alex_Lex
Alex_Lex
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings, Warlords!

New racials are quite different and looks not that bad is they could be but let's simplify all that to some comparison.
So what do I propose: let's match all racials to evaluate what do they give.

1 step and the easiest one. We know that with different sets we can easily shift our build into one side or another.
Like get 1206 health means the same set bonus as 129 weapon damage or 2975 physical resistance - we can get change that bonus simply by changing our sets (and now I talk about set 2-4 item set bonuses from full 5 set bonus, 5th level bonus is powerful and should be observed stand alone)
Let's name theese bonuses as Racial Points (RP).

So this is what we get as
1 RP = 1206 health = 129 weapon damage = 833 (3.8%) weapon critical = 1096 Stam/mag and so on.
So 1000 health bonus = 1000/1206 = 0.82 RP

Now let's measure what races get with the new racial passives in those RP. I would show those RP like M/H/S=m+h+s in numbers where M = magicka RP, H = health RP and S = stamina.

Ok, now the first and easiest part. I'd hide math under the spoiler section
High elf: Spell recharge + 1.82/0/0 + 2/0/0 = Spell recharge + 3.82/0/0
Argonian: Potion bonus + Diease resistance + .91/0/0 + .82 + 0/2/0 = Potion bonus + Disease resistance + 1.73/2/0
Wood elf: Poison resistance + Roll dodge + 0/0/2 + 0/0/1.82 = Poison resistance + Roll dodge + 0/0/3.82
Breton: Mag cost reduction + 1.82/0/0 + 0.77/0/0+ 0.77/0/0 = Mag cost reduction + 3.36/0/0
Dark elf: Flame resistance + 1.14/0/1.14 + 0/.49/0 + 2/0/2 = Flame resistance + 3.14/.49/3.14
Imperial: Red diamond + 0/1.65/0 + 0/0/1.82 = Red diamond + 0/1.65/1.82
Khajiit: 5Mstealth + 0.58/0.77/0.58 + 0.68/0.62/0.68 + 2.58/0/2.58 = 5Mstealth + 3.84/0.62/3.84
Nord: UltRegen + Cold resistance + 0/0/1.36 + 0/0.82/0 + 1.33/0/1.33 = UltRegen + Cold resistance + 1.33/0.82/2.69
Orc: HealthStamReg + Swift + 0/0.41/0.45 + 0/1/0 + 0/0/2 = HealthStamReg + Swift + 0/1.41/2.45
Redguard: WeaponCostRed + StamReg + 0/0/1.82
The first part results:

High elf: Spell recharge + 3.82/0/0
Argonian: Potion bonus + Disease resistance + 1.73/2/0
Wood elf: Poison resistance + Roll dodge + 0/0/3.82
Breton: Mag cost reduction + 3.36/0/0
Dark elf: Flame resistance + 3.14/.49/3.14
Imperial: Red diamond + 0/1.65/1.82
Khajiit: 5Mstealth + 3.84/0.62/3.84
Nord: UltRegen + Cold resistance + 1.33/0.82/2.69
Orc: HealthStamReg + Swift + 0/1.41/2.45
Redguard: WeaponCostRed + StamReg+ 0/0/1.82

It is already obvious what races got better destiny at PTS and what - not.

The second part and it's not that simple. Now I need your help in evaluations.
Let's try to understand how those skills can be measured in RPs.

Math and assumptions under spoiler section.
This yet unevaluated skills are like 5th bonus of the set. If we'd check Hunding/Julianos 5th bonus we'd see it's 2.3x times stronger than ordinary 2-4th.
Why Hunding? cause it's simple and can be matched. So let's evaluate those ones with RPs now.

High elf: Spell recharge
Quite easy to calculate.
High elf is going to restore 575 mag or stam every 7 seconds (counting that you use class abilities every 2 seconds) that equals to 82 regen per second on average and equals to 1.26 RP

That means High elf bonus is 5.08/0/0 RP in total. (Why should minmaxers care about stam high elf?)

Argonian: Potion bonus + Disease resistance
Restore 3600 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you drink a potion.

That potion restoration with drinking potions every 32 gosh, what a mistake 47 seconds average equals to obtaining resources in equivalent to average regen of 0.13/0.13/0.13 1.3/1.3/1.3 RP

Disease resistance - That's not obvious at all.
At one side you can compare it with Trial by fire set with 7727 element resistance. At the other side it's fixed and can't be changed on the flight.
But ok, trial then.7727 proc resistance means (with every sec incoming dmg) it works 4 times and doesn't works 5th so can be traded to 6180 permanent resistance. That means 2310 disease resistance = 0.37 RP.
But I don't think it is so popular so we can easily divide numbers to 4 (or more) to finally get 0.09/0/0 as the result

So argonian receives 1.73/2/0 + 0.13/0.13/0.13 1.3/1.3/1.3+ 0.09/0/0 = 3.12/3.3/1.3 RP in the end

Wood elf: Poison resistance + Roll dodge + 0/0/3.82
Poison resistance is similar to disease except for it can be met more often that's why we divide 0.37 by 3 not 4 to recieve 0.12/0/0 RP

Roll dodge and stealth detection is... erm... pretty near the poison resistance in summary. If anyone can evaluate it - feel free to comment, I'd mark them as 0/0/0.12
So wood elf recieves 0.12/0/3.94 in total

Breton: Mag cost reduction
Comparing to seducer 5th bonus mag cost reduction equals to 2.01/0/0 RP. Massive!
And Breton gets 5.37/0/0 in the end

Dark elf: Flame resistance + 3.14/.49/3.14
Once again, flame resistance is quite popular both in PvE and PvP so I'd divide 0.37 by 2 to get 0.18/0/0
And dark elf receives 3.32/0.49/3.14

Imperial: Red diamond + 0/1.65/1.82
Two parts here. First, 15% chance to heal for 1750 means 262 health regen every second in rotation or more like 200 in fight. That's 400 health regen and 0/3.1/0 in the end. And it's not the end.
Reduce the cost of block and bash by 5% is like 5/12 of Mara's 5th bonus and it's like 0/0.96/0
So we have the hero now: 0/5.71/1.82

Khajiit: 5Mstealth + 3.84/0.62/3.84
I can't say detection radius is any useful for 95% of players yet it can be evaluated as 0/0/2.2 (check Night terror and Night mother's embrace)
I don't think theese numbers should be added that's why we get 3.84/0.62/5.84(3.84) in the end

Nord: UltRegen + Cold resistance
Cold damage is quite rare so division should be by 4 or more to get 0.09/0/0 in the end.
Ult regen is quite easy. That's 50% of hide of werewolf 5th bonus set and 0/1.15/0 in the end.
And we get 1.42/1.97/2.69 for nords.

Orc: HealthStamReg + Swift + 0/1.41/2.45
Health and stam recovery during the fight with an orc gives us 380 health and stamina every 5 seconds. That means 152 health and stamreg and 0/1.17/1.17
Swift is quite meh in the fight especially now that's why I measure it better than roll-dodge for a bosmer yet not that much: 0/0/0.24
And orcs recieve 0/2.58/3.86

Redguard: WeaponCostRed + StamReg + 0/0/1.82
At last, the last one.
I hope there was no math errors)
Cost reduction is huge, we should definetly match it with destro/resto cost reduction to get 0/0/1.52
And Stam regen: 950 stam reg every 6 seconds average equals to 316 stam reg and 0/0/2.44
So redguard gets 0/0/5.78

So that's what we get in the end.

High elf: 5.08/0/0 RP
Argonian: 1.95/2.13/0.13 3.12/3.3/1.3
Wood elf: 0.12/0/3.94
Breton: 5.37/0/0
Dark elf: 3.32/0.49/3.14
Imperial: 0/5.71/1.82
Khajiit: 3.84/0.62/5.84(3.84)
Nord: 1.42/1.97/2.69
Orc: 0/2.58/3.86
Redguard: 0/0/5.78

Some conclusions.
0. I could make some error and misassumptions - feel free to tell me about any. Also - if you find better way to evaluate it, I'd fix and correct my math
1. Uderperformers - bosmers
2. Overperformers - imperials, orcs and redguards.
3. Spoilers are weird looking
Edited by Alex_Lex on January 20, 2019 7:37PM
EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some mismath with altmer calculations earlier, fixed it
    Now all logic has to be fine

Looks like too much math here)
    Absolute zero interaction.
    "Wow, what a great audience"
    Edited by Alex_Lex on January 18, 2019 2:47PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked that you placed Imperial as an overperformer and not Altmer.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, i did almost the same yesterday and there was same reaction :D
    I think:
    1. people don't like to read
    2. people whose mains/favorite toons got nerfed know it without any calculations
    3. people whose mains/favorite toons got buffed relatively to other races, know it without any calculations and don't want any objective evidence shown

Imo you need to account how those bonuses are useful to group roles, this is what i got from my evaluations:

Altmer - mDPS 5, Tank 2 (1 point from 2k magicka, and 1 point from magicka recovery passive), Healer 4
    Argonian - mDPS 3 (maxmagicka 1 point, main resource recovery from potion divided on 45 sec - 1 point + 1 from all other passives), Tank 5, Healer 4
    Bosmer - sDPS3 (but PVP 5), Tank 3 (max stam+stam recovery), Healer 0
    Breton - is tricky but 7% of cost reduction for 3k cost of average skill is like 2 points of recovery - mDPS 4 (2 from max magicka, 2 from all recovery sources+resistance), Tank 4, Healer 5
    Dunmer - smDPS3 (hybrid4), Tank 2, Healer 2
    Imperial - sDPS3, Tank4, Healer 1
    Khajiit - smDPS4 (crit chance like 3 points), Tank 2, Healer 1
    Nord - sDPS3, Tank 6 (new resistance is 3 point worth, 2 from resources, 1 from ultigen) , Healer 2
    Orc - sDPS4 (but PVP5), Tank 3, Healer 1
    Redguard - sDPS5, Tank 3 (max stam+stam recovery), Healer 0
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the easiest math.
    Imperial get more health bonuses than altmers
    And they get stam bonuses too.

So they way more buffed than altmers

And here I'm talking not about DPS
    I'm talking about overall bonus that race gets.
    Imperials still would be worser magDPS than altmers and show worser numbers in the dummy test than even bosmer but in overall they are most buffed race now
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think:
    2. people whose mains/favorite toons got nerfed know it without any calculations
    3. people whose mains/favorite toons got buffed relatively to other races, know it without any calculations and don't want any objective evidence shown
    Sure they do.

I thought about group play but ZOS provided info somewhere that 80%+ time players solo game, not do it in group.
    So I decided it's not worth observation

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Argonian passives, why did you based your calculations on drinking potion every 32 seconds ? Cooldown is 45 seconds. For 32 seconds you need to sacrifice a lot...
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+ Imperial actually got nerfed most of all IMO. Imperial signature was ton of health, now it was reduced to usual 2K making Imperial nearly useless, i don't know maybe great for some tanky pvp werewolf builds. For PVE tanks it is now completely outshined by nord and nerfed argonian which is still good if sits on potion cooldown jewelry.

Most underperforming races are dunmers and bosmers obviously.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well why decimal? Why not just show in hex or binary? People would care as much.
    What they really care about is how it feels to play their character and what results are achieved.
    It is nice for some to calculate how long it takes beer to reach the stomach, but most just want to drink beer!
    But thank you for taking the time to show how results are achieved.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Argonian passives, why did you based your calculations on drinking potion every 32 seconds ? Cooldown is 45 seconds. For 32 seconds you need to sacrifice a lot...

Sure, my fault
    Thank you very much)
    Recalculated and fixed.
    Imperial actually got nerfed most of all IMO.
    Still the most buffed race with passives. Only health boost is stronger than most other racials total bonus

Edited by Alex_Lex on January 18, 2019 3:08PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo even bretons are now better tanks then imperials. That magicka sustain is impressive, maybe i will race change one of my nerfed DKs to breton.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea of what any of this means, but hey *** it’s Friday!
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo even bretons are now better tanks then imperials. That magicka sustain is impressive, maybe i will race change one of my nerfed DKs to breton.

Imperial would require way lesser points/set bonuses oriented to health, they can invest free ones to sustain and magicka to get better stats than breton have in the end. (And still have serious stam boost)
    At least that's what I understand now
    Edited by Alex_Lex on January 18, 2019 3:13PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    I think:
    Sure they do.

I thought about group play but ZOS provided info somewhere that 80%+ time players solo game, not do it in group.
    So I decided it's not worth observation

Hmm, there are very few places where your char statistics matters in solo, and this is basically dps role.. duels, 1vx and vma, all other main content is group content.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason not many commented within the 38 minutes between your first and follow up post is maybe they were still reading it; maybe people were reading other things; maybe they were not anxiously waiting for you to post something :wink:

Just kidding... the thing is that what you've presented (to your credit, thank you) is an abstraction. Detail stripped, statistical interaction, purpose and requirement absolved and contextually barren aside from direct comparison of value per bonus. It doesn't provide people with answers -- and that's the issue with these changes. Players see the changes, make assumptions, understanding their loss, some their gains, but in the end all anyone really wants to know is 'how will this effect my performance?' or 'how can I make this work for me?'.

Abstractions don't offer comfort or solutions -- the metrics pulled up in threads all over the forum tell many stories, can be swayed to shout 'nerf' or 'buff', but until actual practical testing occurs, it is all evaluated as conjecture equally -- whatever the numbers say.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, there are very few places where your char statistics matters in solo, and this is basically dps role.. duels, 1vx and vma, all other main content is group content.

Sure
    That's the easiest calculations I've done.
    What I know: if you have 1096 magicka racials from racials and 2% healing done buff from set it is the same if you have 1096 magicka racials from set and 2% healing done buff from racials

And they are both a single RP.

Yet I dunno how to measure more complicated intergroup interraction
    Edited by Alex_Lex on January 18, 2019 3:28PM
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Abstractions don't offer comfort or solutions -- the metrics pulled up in threads all over the forum tell many stories, can be swayed to shout 'nerf' or 'buff', but until actual practical testing occurs, it is all evaluated as conjecture equally -- whatever the numbers say.

Great addition, cheers

Well, 1 RP difference is 1096 stam/mag or 129 weapon/spell damage difference.
    If someone has 2 RP and another - 3 the first one is weaker by the equivalent of that number.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, my fault
    Thank you very much)
    Recalculated and fixed.
    Imperial actually got nerfed most of all IMO.
    Still the most buffed race with passives. Only health boost is stronger than most other racials total bonus
    No, most buffed with passives race is dunmer. They got 3000 resources and 512 damage lol.
    That's why it's important to match stats to roles. And health is actually not so important.. well, when it was 5k buff on high-hp tank it was great. Now it's just ok. I run bosmer DK with 35k health.. and health is never problem if healer is not sleeping.. i die if i'm out of stamina to roll-dodge/break-free or if I miss boss HA, which will kill me anyway even if i was 50k HP.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think:

Imo you need to account how those bonuses are useful to group roles, this is what i got from my evaluations:

Altmer - mDPS 5, Tank 2 (1 point from 2k magicka, and 1 point from magicka recovery passive), Healer 4
    Argonian - mDPS 3 (maxmagicka 1 point, main resource recovery from potion divided on 45 sec - 1 point + 1 from all other passives), Tank 5, Healer 4
    Bosmer - sDPS3 (but PVP 5), Tank 3 (max stam+stam recovery), Healer 0
    Breton - is tricky but 7% of cost reduction for 3k cost of average skill is like 2 points of recovery - mDPS 4 (2 from max magicka, 2 from all recovery sources+resistance), Tank 4, Healer 5
    Dunmer - smDPS3 (hybrid4), Tank 2, Healer 2
    Imperial - sDPS3, Tank4, Healer 1
    Khajiit - smDPS4 (crit chance like 3 points), Tank 2, Healer 1
    Nord - sDPS3, Tank 6 (new resistance is 3 point worth, 2 from resources, 1 from ultigen) , Healer 2
    Orc - sDPS4 (but PVP5), Tank 3, Healer 1
    Redguard - sDPS5, Tank 3 (max stam+stam recovery), Healer 0

Got pretty much the same results. Redguard got slightly more points for tank and healer, as the "reduced cost of weaponskills" would apply to resto/destro/s&b aswell. Khajiit also more points for healer as spell crit is helpful for that role.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure
    That's the easiest calculations I've done.
    What I know: if you have 1096 magicka racials from racials and 2% healing done buff from set it is the same if you have 1096 magicka racials from set and 2% healing done buff from racials

And they are both a single RP.

Yet I dunno how to measure more complicated intergroup interraction

Yes, but healing done is useless to dps role, while max stamina is almost useless to magdps and healer. It's useful for chance of extra roll-dodge but that's all. With group it's simple, i'll copy from my eval:

For dps - main resource, damage. Main resource recovery at 1 point per 2 set points. Health and resistances are accounted in 2-3 times reduced value
    For tank - health, resistances, group utility, mag/stam recovery, healing. Damage not accounted, secondary resource accounted in 2 times reduced value
    For healer - magicka, healing and main resource recovery, group utility. Health and resistances are accounted in 2-3 times reduced value
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, most buffed with passives race is dunmer. They got 3000 resources and 512 damage lol.
    That's why it's important to match stats to roles. And health is actually not so important.. well, when it was 5k buff on high-hp tank it was great. Now it's just ok. I run bosmer DK with 35k health..
    With an imperial you'd need lesser points/set bonuses used for the same survivability and tankiness the dunmer would get.
    He would still bit 0.58 RP better.
    Just like 600 magicka more.

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Hmm....interesting.....where did you say the beer was?
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm....interesting.....where did you say the beer was?

If me calculations are right, in the stomach of @TequilaFire already
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but healing done is useless to dps role, while max stamina is almost useless to magdps and healer. It's useful for chance of extra roll-dodge but that's all. With group it's simple, i'll copy from my eval:

For dps - main resource, damage. Main resource recovery at 1 point per 2 set points. Health and resistances are accounted in 2-3 times reduced value
    For tank - health, resistances, group utility, mag/stam recovery, healing. Damage not accounted, secondary resource accounted in 2 times reduced value
    For healer - magicka, healing and main resource recovery, group utility. Health and resistances are accounted in 2-3 times reduced value

Maybe. Then we'd stuck with different playstiles. Is 500 base regen enough and extra 129 means 50% or 1096 stamboost? Should we keep in mind that sorcs with their deal can forhet about heavy attacking? And remember that nord-DK can easily recover pools with his ult? And others wont and need those regens?
    And so on.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why it's important to match stats to roles. And health is actually not so important.. well, when it was 5k buff on high-hp tank it was great. Now it's just ok. I run bosmer DK with 35k health..
    With an imperial you'd need lesser points/set bonuses used for the same survivability and tankiness the dunmer would get.

In PVP - yes. In PVE it's like 17k HP are enough for dps and healer and all that above is wasted.. and you got those 17k HP with food and 20% bonus to stats from CP + ebon from tank. Well, on imperial you probably may add couple of enchantments with health and then run stamina/stamina regen food, this is interesting variant, need to test on my imperial stam sorc to look if it's worth it.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PVP - yes. In PVE it's like 17k HP are enough for dps and healer and all that above is wasted.. and you got those 17k HP with food and 20% bonus to stats from CP + ebon from tank. Well, on imperial you probably may add couple of enchantments with health and then run stamina/stamina regen food, this is interesting variant, need to test on my imperial stam sorc to look if it's worth it.

Yep, that's the whole idea.
    I usually have 2nd equipment and 2-3 different ring sets.
    If I have more health than I need, I equip robust ones and back with a single button.
    So I almost never used healthy rings with my imperial before and won't use with the orsimer if passives would stay the same.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe. Then we'd stuck with different playstiles. Is 500 base regen enough and extra 129 means 50% or 1096 stamboost? Should we keep in mind that sorcs with their deal can forhet about heavy attacking? And remember that nord-DK can easily recover pools with his ult? And others wont and need those regens?
    And so on.

Of course some complicated cases like dark deal or deep thoughts are not accounted at all. If we talk about resource restore from battle roar.. well, yes it helps a lot (i got 3 DK), but ult is gathered ~ 1 minute, so it's all combination of factors.. also dps restore resource from enchantments, mages from ele drain, tanks from synergies. But if set has resource recovery instead of damage/crit chance this set is considered bad for dps, so passive recovery is secondary here and it's most important for healers and for non-argonian tanks.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the problem of PVE. It utilizes too little of the avaible stats (usually 33%).

If health and armor - let alone offstat were more important for pve builds the optimal choices would be a lot less obvious.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Jubilee_Cake
    Jubilee_Cake
    ✭✭✭
    So from one of the best stamraces these ones became jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, yes?

Khajiit should call him Puzzled-dar.
    EU: Qa-ra ... Redfurred ... Mourith ... Vinelle ... Jearati
    Ynglinne ... Furry Tale ... Ko'shka ... Q'illa ... J'unne
    A'gratter ... Lexxette ... Kath'anni ... Catorinne ... La Befana
    Francatstein ... Fluffy Bluff ... Eridium Blight
    NA: Riddle-dar ... Dra's al Ghul
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So from one of the best stamraces these ones became jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, yes?

Khajiit should call him Puzzled-dar.

You were 2nd place stamrace, now you 2nd place stamrace together with all other stamraces and 2nd place magrace with breton.
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple things to keep in mind about your calculations:

- Context matters greatly, the Imperial's heath restore passive will be cut 50% in PvP and as such will provide 50% of the value you accounted for in health recovery. (Assuming your value is correct as I didn't check the skill or do the calculation).
    - Effects that are similar to 5 piece armor buffs are more valuable than the buffs you get for 2-4 piece buffs and should likely be counted as such.
    - You aren't accounting for the protective trait in some contexts where scaling for the combined benefit of armor + spell resist from one bonus is significantly better than the single side benefits you get from 2-4 piece armor set buffs. For example: Protective gives 1844 Physical and Spell resist, so anywhere you could replace Protective with Triune when talking about a Nord's stats yields more value to their racial passive since 2x Protective will grant roughly 1 Mag, 1 Health, 1 Stam alone.
    - Bosmer Speed passive is extremely valuable actually and according to previous patches would be effectively the value of 2x Swift jewelry. I'd call this 1.5x Swift since it needs to be activated, which means even more stat value when normalized against triune traits on jewelry.

If you took what I mentioned above into account you would likely see that Nord and Bosmer are actually extremely strong performers next patch. The math is honestly very close on most of the races depending on how you look at it and the race changes should make for some very interesting variety. :)