Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

POLL - More Race Change Tokens?

• Tawniey
    Tawniey
    ✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    If ZOS has conceded that many of us will want to change the race of at least 1 character, they should also give us a Name change token given we will no doubt want to change the name to a lore friendly name as well.

I think it should be 1 race and name change per account. Then on top of that, 1 race and name change per Dunmer on the account.

Okay, I'll bite. Why on earth do you think that Dunmer aren't viable for any build anymore...
    [ESO-Database Profile] | [Ridiculous TES Musings]
    [ESO Fanfic: Soulbound]
    (site being revamped, pardon for now)
    —✩—
    they/them
    PC-NA | Playing since 2015
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    I only need 1 at this point.
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 token per each lvl 50 character would be the correct thing for ZOS to do, but they won't do it because it would set a precedent if they ever decide to touch racial passives again.

I guess that this is also the main reason why they don't offer class changes in the crown store, sure they could make quick easy $$, but people would ask for free class change tokens every time a class gets tweaked.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CipherNine wrote: »

Again, another person who completely disregards pvp like it doesn't exist. I would like you to go try to solo for a few weeks. Send me some clips and let me know if you would like to have the best race for your class.

You are so salty and biased for no damn reason. Because you dont like that there are meta builds, races, and classes? Fine but this is how mmos usually are. But that still doesnt explain why you think the argument doesnt work in reverse.

Why cant we min max and have the best? Why cant we do that? Because you dont like it? Im just confused why there are so many people defending zos on this. I mean so many changes are a nerf. Every percentage change is a nerf. But even if you like every single one of the new changes, why would you not want zos to give us 1 token per character? I literally cannot think of anything more fair than doing that..

And please dont say "if zos never added racial passives".. They did, and they have been pretty much the same for a long time. Now they are flipping everything upside down and certain people will have no use for the passives their "new" race will have.

Oh don't get me wrong. I never said I don't want them to give 1 token per character. I don't care if they do or not. But if they do then good for you if it helps you so much.

But when it comes to meta's I will always despise them. Mainly cause of how the community then shoves it down everyone's throats. It's idiotic. Everyone sees that leaderboard runs require certain things then turn around and put that bs as a requiremnet on everything else that isn't even a leaderboard group. It's just beyond stupidity. So that is why i HATE the meta bs and just wish ZOS would completely remove racial passives. Then the idiots can't hide behind their meta race nonsense.

Well i can sympathize with that. I get that it can be annoying. But there is a lot more that makes the meta than racial passives. Sets, classes, builds, even small changes can create the meta. But ya im just saying, for those of us who care, they really should give a race change per character. I mean it seems like the most fair way for everyone to be happy at the end of the day. Except for those who hate these changes, but at least they can try to work it out.

Even if its only for a limited amount of time. Hell, i'd even take half or your characters, but im sure others feel differently. Because i doubt ill change my argonians. But as a solo pvp player some things are just going to be useless. Like orc for example. I have like 6 orcs. If those changes stay i will have to change them all, even my stam sorcs. Because orc has gotten royally screwed on these changes.

The percentage changes are a huge nerf to classes that use high resource pools, but giving orc only 500 stam and health is such a bad hit. Restoring 380 health and stam, only while in combat, every 4 seconds is such a bad hit. Instead of the 20% health recov, which is huge when you have no healing buffs like stam sorc. The weapon damage instead of melee damage is cool, but those other changes are just awful compared to many of the other changes.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY DOES AD LOOSE OUT WITH EVERY CHANGE?

From the forum:
    My Altmer MagSorc currently has arround 40k magicka, and 2,2 magicka recovery. Around 10% of my max magicka ~3600 comes from passive, now it will be flat 2000, it's almost twice worse. Around 200 of my magicka recovery comes from my passives, now it will be (575)/6=96 recovery per second. Again almost twice as bad.

But let's look at Bretons.
    Yes they will suffer the same fate with max mag but:
    Now they receive flat 100 mag recovery (more than high elves) which they haven't at all but also they get buffed their cost reduction passive over 2x from 3 to 7%.

My gripe:
    I get the sneaky suspicion that AD will have to resolve to become a permanent PvP night capping faction with AD faction nerfs like the one above as well as the stealth damage nerf to Khajit and the Woodelf

Ever wonder why there are so many EP & DC players & streamers? Because it's nigh impossible to play them with standard AD classes in prime time.

Every time the same thing, an unskilled EP or DC player running around being chased by 10 - 15 high level AD players unable to kill him, faction classes are seriously unbalanced and staying loyal to one faction is impossible as classes are hidden behind a pay wall of "any Race any Alliance"

To quote a well known meme: ZOS why u no like AD?
    Edited by marius_buys on January 18, 2019 8:24AM
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely we need one per character. I've got characters that have become pretty much obsolete to me overnight because of these changes.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 1 free token per account is reasonable, though they should also put them into a huge sale (like 90% off) for the first week when the patch hits.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    *sigh* Where's the "OTHER" option?

"OTHER": I don't care. I'm not changing race on any of my girls, on either account.

This
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (because)...

I’m grateful for one. It’s free. They don’t have to give it. But they are. I’m not greedy.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who think they are gonna get 1 per character are delusional, its realisticly gonna be between 1-3 tokens per account at most. Be happy with what you get.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think I'd use them (not even the one they'll give us), but still I voted for one per character (though I'd make them expire in a month or so) cause I see that this is a pain point for many
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race change Tokens were a mistake.
    I think they should have simply focused on balancing the races across the Alliances to keep them relatively evenly matched with each other. 3 races + Imperial.
    Make the character you think would be interesting, not what the 'Meta' demands.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reroll
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Vyseman
    Vyseman
    ✭✭✭
    1per Character OR Unlimited for 1 Week is FAIR ENOUGH!

i mean.. normaly, zos want to give us 1 race change token.. so when we have 8 chars, we have to waste real money for 7 more chars and thats ALOT Real Money.
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    CipherNine wrote: »
    Stop being slaves to a meta and you won't have to spend money on race changes everytime something changes.
    All content in the game can be cleared even without racial passives.

When you create a meta built around something as trivial as racial passives and are a slave to it. Then deal with the consequences when it changes. You deserve no sympathy. It's all your own faults.

When ZOS changes a meta gear set, time from farming it, or money from buying/upgrading it, is lost. Not a huge amount of gold, not a huge deal. We can adapt easily enough, besides perhaps farming specific weapons which can be a lengthy pain.

When ZOS changes skills, they give us free skill respecs. Because the skills change in a large way, and having to respec all your characters could be close to 200k gold. Though even at that price, it's not a huge amount in game.

When ZOS changes racial passives in a massive way, they give us a single race change. Let's say you wanted to change to a race that better fits that character's needs. Let's say you wanted to change your 14 other characters.
    14 x 3000 crowns x 350 gold(approx.) = 15 million gold. Seems reasonable right?
    PC EU
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One token per level 50 character. Otherwise I will create 6 more characters tomorrow just to get the token.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I'll just ignore all my toons' 5 year history and lore-friendly names and change their races only to squeeze out that extra 0.8% magicka... :s
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by XiDiabolismiX on January 18, 2019 12:45PM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    Other (because)...

I’m grateful for one. It’s free. They don’t have to give it. But they are. I’m not greedy.

It's not greedy to expect the company to compensate you when they screw you over. The only greed in sight is ZOS expecting players to spend real money to buy race change tokens because of changes ZOS made.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Other, not gonna change race. Although I'll probably use it to change hair on my main since the current hairstyle looks bad with hats.

prob cheaper to just buy the Hair bundle for CROWNS, then spend a RAce change token on a hair swap

:)
    PC
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    I say 5, 1 for each class so bis boys cant get off the forums XD
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, even if its a set amount of 5 is better than one!
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    listen to your customers ZOS
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Gaeliator
    Gaeliator
    ✭✭
    There's some constructive advice in this thread that ZoS should take. But again, I'm asking "too much" from them. lololol
    Edited by Gaeliator on January 30, 2019 1:10AM
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely 1 per character. As I posted in another thread:
    I completely agree.

While there are some people who make racial choices based on RP or personal preference, many people make racial choices based on their passives and potential in their role. Personally, I was a mix of both, leaning towards the latter. As a result, I have six Imperial Stamina DPS toons. They were never the best, but they were always good (usually ~3rd place) and after this change they are dropping to dead last for Stamina DPS by an approximately 2k margin. I am hopeful (though steadily losing said hope) that ZOS will realize how insane it is to completely nerf the single paid, any alliance race out of true DPS contention but if that doesn’t happen, they expect me to spend 3,000 Crowns PER character to race change? What if I wanted to change my other 7 characters? What about the fact that they all have Imperial names, because they’re supposed to be half-Imperial, half-Breton brothers. Will I get any compensation for changing their names? For the one free race change, will they get a name change?

In other words, that’s potentially 12 Race + Name Change tokens (12 * 3,500 Crowns = 42,000 Crowns) and one Name Change Token for the free race change (2,500 Crowns). So if I wanted to change my characters, in light of ZOS completely overhauling their races, and maintain any semblance of IC consistency with their names when I did so, it’d be 44,500 Crowns. I play on Xbox NA, and the 21,000 Crown package is $149.99. I’d need two of those, and still be 2,500 Crowns short. The 3,000 Crowns pack is $24.99. So I’d need 44,500 Crowns, purchase $45,000 Crowns and it’d cost me $324.97 + tax. That’s with 13 characters; people who bought slots to all 15 would have an additional 7,000 Crowns needed. That is absolute insanity.

Recap on Crowns:
    - 1 free race change
    - 3,500 Crowns per race + name change
    - 2,500 Crowns per name change

Recap on Needs:
    - 12 toons * 3,500 Crowns = 42,000 Crowns
    - 1 toon * 2,500 Crowns = 2,500 Crowns
    - 42,000 + 2,500 = 44,500 Crowns

Recap on Price:
    - $149.99 per 21,000 Crown bundle
    - $24.99 per 3,000 Crown bundle
    - 21,000 + 21,000 + 3,000 = 45,000 Crowns

45,000 Crowns needed = $324.97 + tax

Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, the financial math hurts my eyes, wallet and gaming soul :)
    Edited by marius_buys on January 30, 2019 10:43AM
  • ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    I’m furious and I’m probably just going to get even more angry once the changes go through. I already have issues with sustain on the Dunmer toons I have, now they’re all complete TRASH. Need to change them to Breton, most likely. Ironically, one was a Breton to begin with and was race changed because she hit like a wet noodle. Her ever being Breton was my mistake originally, I paid for the fix. I want more free race changes to fix the problems THEY made and now want me to pay them to fix!!
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BREAKING NEWS: RACE CHANGE TOKENS

After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.

Source article:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456728/update-on-race-change-tokens?fbclid=IwAR2kKaYLUI0p4PIZM1HhnSsbE5os5pTxqp9fSF_oBZdE1vPBt22W4MAnpRU