My Issue With IMP City Being a Campaign

• SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    Someone doesn't want to PvP in a PvP zone. How dare ZOS breathe life back into a zone consisting of Stone farmers that don't want to fight anyone.

im on a pvp build. You cant solo kill bosses in pve build lol your heals are weak in pvp area unless youre in a pvp build duuuh
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone doesn't want to PvP in a PvP zone. How dare ZOS breathe life back into a zone consisting of Stone farmers that don't want to fight anyone.

For me personally it´s not about that at all. I go to IC when Cyrodil is too much of a lagfest. Performance has always been good in IC. I sincerely hope ZOS plans to add more than only one imperial City campaign or it will be an absolute lagfest in there as well. One CP and one no-CP would be preferable.
    Options
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

For me personally it´s not about that at all. I go to IC when Cyrodil is too much of a lagfest. Performance has always been good in IC. I sincerely hope ZOS plans to add more than only one imperial City campaign or it will be an absolute lagfest in there as well. One CP and one no-CP would be preferable.

and thats completely fine! I dont mind that at all. But what im getting at is that people want to have a zerg fight down there and itll be "fun" when its basially the same thing at cyrodiil. And their excuse is that the place is dead and its too far to ride their mount. Which is bogus. If they like the scenery or just want to go down there then do it. @Qbiken you choose to go there to have a good pvp experience then thats good. But if people are forcing it to be a content where itll give them a reason to zerg there then thats just whaaack, its dead because people choose to not go there. but honestly the population there now is fine. had a lot of good battles in there
    Edited by SkoobySnaxx on January 18, 2019 7:34AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

and thats completely fine! I dont mind that at all. But what im getting at is that people want to have a zerg fight down there and itll be "fun" when its basially the same thing at cyrodiil. And their excuse is that the place is dead and its too far to ride their mount. Which is bogus. If they like the scenery or just want to go down there then do it. @Qbiken you choose to go there to have a good pvp experience then thats good. But if people are forcing it to be a content where itll give them a reason to zerg there then thats just whaaack, its dead because people choose to not go there. but honestly the population there now is fine. had a lot of good battles in there

Here´s what I think will happen when IC becomes its own campaign:

* The first few weeks/months more people will flock to IC since it´s now easier to get there. Depending on how many campaigns ZOS decides to open up, we might even see pop-locked IC.

* Zergs attracts small-scalers that wants to farm less-experienced/un-coordinated groups.

* Since I don´t see any changes in rewards from IC, the initiative to go there hasn´t changed. So going to IC just to get wiped by experienced small-scale groups will discourage people to come back.

* Left will be either a bunch of small-scale groups not attacking each other (since most of them are friends one way or another) and a bunch of tel-var farmers.

Biggest issue is that there´s no initiative to go there aside from farming tel-var and buy hakeijo´s and alchemy satchels. Until ZOS gives us more reason to go there IC will repeatedly keep "dying".
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW i made 300k stones in 2 hours today. WHY and HOW? Because there are 7 campaigns out right now and i had imp city to myself on one of the campaigns. Say good bye to making stones.

Looks like to get a PvP currency in a PvP zone, we'll have to PvP now.

Damn.
    Options
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AerionMagnus You are the reason PvP is and always has been cancer, and the reason why IC is dead. You are literally killing it.

I used to go down there to get the sky shards on new chars and get the quest done for the skill point, but now my new chars will have to live without it. Too much toxicity for my taste.

The best solution would be to prevent tel var loss on PvP death, removing just one of the obstacles to achieving what normal people go there for, and the population would double in no time. But the cancer crowd will oppose that, because they are a bunch of sadists that are only ever happy when other people suffer.
    Options
  • AerionMagnus
    AerionMagnus
    ✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    @AerionMagnus You are the reason PvP is and always has been cancer, and the reason why IC is dead. You are literally killing it.

I used to go down there to get the sky shards on new chars and get the quest done for the skill point, but now my new chars will have to live without it. Too much toxicity for my taste.

The best solution would be to prevent tel var loss on PvP death, removing just one of the obstacles to achieving what normal people go there for, and the population would double in no time. But the cancer crowd will oppose that, because they are a bunch of sadists that are only ever happy when other people suffer.

@ZeroXFF
    Over my time in ESO, I have acquired a very specific set of skills. A set of skills that makes people like you have nightmares, a never-ending PTSD of eternal doom and horror, of pain and suffering, of life and death.

You think you know PVP? I was born in it, molded by it.

I will be there when you go after that final skyshard.
    I will be there when you try to clear a portal.
    I will be there when you try to kill a boss with your petty little friends.
    I will be there to take MY half of the Tel Var stones.
    And then again, and again, and again, until that half becomes a whole.

I will fight you in the sewers.
    I will fight you in the city.
    I will bomb you.
    I will nuke you.
    I will break you.
    I will hunt you down.
    And I will never stop.

This is your future. Embrace it.

Options
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZeroXFF
    Over my time in ESO, I have acquired a very specific set of skills. A set of skills that makes people like you have nightmares, a never-ending PTSD of eternal doom and horror, of pain and suffering, of life and death.

I will bomb you.
    I will nuke you.
    I will break you.
    I will hunt you down.
    And I will never stop.

Case in point.
    Options
  • AerionMagnus
    AerionMagnus
    ✭✭✭

@ZeroXFF

I will bomb you.
    I will nuke you.
    I will break you.
    I will hunt you down.
    And I will never stop.

Case in point.

https://youtu.be/Zd_WfJ9l740
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC will become a nightblade/stealth ganker paradise for a while, which will chase away their prey and leave IC dead again.

The zone has a lot of potential, much like DAOC's Darkness Falls, but the potential for stealth ganking is too great and those gankers can easily teleport to safety with a cheap recall after stealing someone's stones.

It's going to be a mess.

I'm all for separating it from Cyrodiil to help performance but it won't revive the zone. It will instead attract the worst kinds of players nobody wants to bother with (case in point in this very thread) and become unpopular again.
    Options
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZeroXFF

I will bomb you.
    I will nuke you.
    I will break you.
    I will hunt you down.
    And I will never stop.

LOLOL excellent I can't wait to join you in taking them stones :wink:
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s this one set. Oh man. You have to carry 10k telvars around on you, but it makes you invincible. Make sure you carry at least 10k though. Anything less, and they’ll eat you up.
    Options
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may actually be a good change because it'll be easier to access the IC, therefore more people will be inclined to check it out.

On the other hand, PvEing for those shards, fish, and quests is going to be worse unless you can get an organized group specifically for that.

I don't go to IC. Not because it's PvP. Not because we have to queue and ride. But because of the prospect of Tel Var loss. Nothing bothers me more than working towards one objective, only to have someone else destroy that progress just because.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So here's what everyone has to do: Carry zero stones, buy a few cheap recall stones, and go on the hunt. If you die so what you have no stones. If you kill a farmer with a lot of stones recall to safety, bank them, then repeat. If you like to live dangerously don't recall and try to get some more ganks in.

Great gameplay.
    Edited by Holycannoli on January 25, 2019 4:48PM
    Options
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy with the change. my alliance pop locked with long queue, get in, we have 2 keeps. how?! more than half the damn server ws in imp city and in sewers. people have been calling for this for a long while and it's finally here.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Of course you're going to run into groups of players, due to the current pvp event. Once the event finishes, Imperial city will be dead again.

Even that is not guaranteed. I went there with small group of pve clannies that wanted few chieevos, skyshards and books in the last day of the event. During 2h sewer and city delving we met like 5 enemy players in total that only one bomber dared to do any damage.
    Options
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC event should be so much fun with the changes. Now there won´t be isolated campaigns which resulted in separate zergs roaming in the city. My hope is opposite to OP I want so see the changes.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The zergs will leave when they see fellow zerglings (same hive, different overlord) passing them in AP in Open World. The wave of interest could be less than midyear mayhem levels.

@SkoobySnaxx the net result could be more people like yourself left over from the surge to participate in the PvP you prefer. Some people reluctantly tried new things during mayhem and ended up becoming regulars. The same effect could actually happen with this IC change, you just have to weather the temporary surge.

Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! We've removed or edited several posts from this thread as several of the posts were against our community rules around baiting and bashing, as well as being generally non-constructive. While we completely understand everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, feelings and even frustrations, we want the forums to be a civil and constructive platform for the game and it's community as a whole. To prevent the thread from being locked please refer to our community rules if there are any questions about what is and is not acceptable in the forums.
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on January 25, 2019 6:30PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really looking forward to the changes, and I’m hoping the population in IC and the sewers really picks up. I’m hoping that I can select it as a guest campaign to play in while I wait for my Vivec que to pop.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TERRIBLE IDEA! [edit] For a solo player its already hard enough to make good telvar stoned because i get zerged down. I make 14k stones per bosses! These dumb zerglings make 500 stones per boss HUGE DIFFERENCE. And now youre going to cramp everyone in IMP City so well be making less tel var? WTF this makes me mad. Very stupid why cant you guys just leave things alone and actually FIX the game. Even VMA is LAGGY for a single player content can you guys fix that? Rather than putting your nose into things that dont need to be change. [edit] Let us be able to craft a stack of potions rather than 4 at a time. ZOS is becoming *** the longer this game is out forreal
    BTW i made 300k stones in 2 hours today. WHY and HOW? Because there are 7 campaigns out right now and i had imp city to myself on one of the campaigns. Say good bye to making stones. I swear zos is going more in a ZERGY diretion in cyrodiil buffing the guards and all too. Good bye solo and small scale

I find it funny that a PvP player (assuming you are the same Scooby on Xbox) is complaining about more people to PvP against/with.
    Options
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    Im actually happy for ZOS changing IC. It's really dead as it is, IC is good place when loads of people playing. For your issue I recommend to stop being so antisocial and get out from your shell , build a guild with people with same interest or join, there's plenty of guilds doing IC runs daily and go ahead and go against those ''zergs'' . Stop limiting yourself. Now with new system it will be actually less Zerg groups, because there will be much more random people and ''zergs'' will not withstand the preassure and will eventually die out.

Now get some snickers, you're not you when you're hungry.
    EG2nNm.gif
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will bomb you.
    I will nuke you.
    I will break you.
    I will hunt you down.
    And I will never stop.

giphy.gif

that was beautiful :)
    Edited by geonsocal on January 25, 2019 6:46PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    There’s this one set. Oh man. You have to carry 10k telvars around on you, but it makes you invincible. Make sure you carry at least 10k though. Anything less, and they’ll eat you up.

i've got a few pieces of imperial physique already...
    Imperial Physique
    (2 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) While you are in Imperial City, you tap into the power of the Tel Var Stones you are carrying, increasing your Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 1032. While you have a 4x Tel Var Stone multiplier this effect is increased by 600%.

looks like i'll need to finish collecting the set...

from what i've seen/heard, looks like the best way to use it is to get together in a small strong group and go wreak havoc on bosses/players...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 25, 2019 6:58PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • SirCassiusClay
    SirCassiusClay
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is absolute nonsense. IC is a pvp zone and not your personal playground. I hope you get farmed, honestly.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for those whom remember, back in the day (prior to 2017 I believe)...the Assault passive:
    Reach
    - Increases range of long-range abilities by 5 meters while near a Keep.
    - Any ability with a range greater than 28 meters is affected.

used to allow you to stay up on the platforms and snipe farm the heck out of random players or groups passing by (of course, there were a lot more people to target back then)...

I'm bummed they took that away...i can't remember, but, i think at one time siege equipment may have worked there also...

the good old days...
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TERRIBLE IDEA! [edit] For a solo player its already hard enough to make good telvar stoned because i get zerged down. I make 14k stones per bosses! These dumb zerglings make 500 stones per boss HUGE DIFFERENCE. And now youre going to cramp everyone in IMP City so well be making less tel var? WTF this makes me mad. Very stupid why cant you guys just leave things alone and actually FIX the game. Even VMA is LAGGY for a single player content can you guys fix that? Rather than putting your nose into things that dont need to be change. [edit] Let us be able to craft a stack of potions rather than 4 at a time. ZOS is becoming *** the longer this game is out forreal
    BTW i made 300k stones in 2 hours today. WHY and HOW? Because there are 7 campaigns out right now and i had imp city to myself on one of the campaigns. Say good bye to making stones. I swear zos is going more in a ZERGY diretion in cyrodiil buffing the guards and all too. Good bye solo and small scale

Your wrong ... Same number of people will be in imp city ... Just more people are likely to be instanced with you and it's great for cyrodil ... It's actually better all round for everyone ... Including you ... You just don't see it yet ... But you will ... Positive thinking
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How the heck was my post removed??? I am friends with the OP. There was zero baiting involved.

Skoob, buddy, I really wouldn't worry about this. I don't think it is going to affect you nearly as much as you think.

This could be an opportunity for us to get some nice small scale fights.

Options
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZeroXFF

I will bomb you.
    I will nuke you.
    I will break you.
    I will hunt you down.
    And I will never stop.

Lol, this is something :D
    You should find OP in the IC and make a video of those encounters for us :trollface:
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it improves performance in Cyrodiil I’m down for separating the campaigns.
    Options