The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

My Issue With IMP City Being a Campaign

SkoobySnaxx
SkoobySnaxx
✭✭✭
TERRIBLE IDEA! [edit] For a solo player its already hard enough to make good telvar stoned because i get zerged down. I make 14k stones per bosses! These dumb zerglings make 500 stones per boss HUGE DIFFERENCE. And now youre going to cramp everyone in IMP City so well be making less tel var? WTF this makes me mad. Very stupid why cant you guys just leave things alone and actually FIX the game. Even VMA is LAGGY for a single player content can you guys fix that? Rather than putting your nose into things that dont need to be change. [edit] Let us be able to craft a stack of potions rather than 4 at a time. ZOS is becoming *** the longer this game is out forreal
BTW i made 300k stones in 2 hours today. WHY and HOW? Because there are 7 campaigns out right now and i had imp city to myself on one of the campaigns. Say good bye to making stones. I swear zos is going more in a ZERGY diretion in cyrodiil buffing the guards and all too. Good bye solo and small scale
Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on January 25, 2019 6:27PM
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope zos think this through because imperial city is FINE where its at. And this is my only way of making gold is selling potions, poisons, and materials. And its hard enough to find the right time to go there without anyone zerging so i can solo farm the bosses. Really think this through
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is dead. It should be lively considering it is a quasi PvP zone (being a mix of PvE/PvP.

And that telvar comes with a risk of facing PvP.

I hope this brings life to IC as it is a good design only if we can get the zone populated.
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't think ZOS plan for IC was for people to solo bosses there to farm telvar and make gold. They are doing what they want to take IC where its supposed to be.
    Edited by kirgeo on January 18, 2019 4:51PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC is meant to be a partial PvP zone, not somewhere you can just grind bosses and farm stuff without being interrupted. Get out of here with your entitlement. Also, there's nothing "solo and small scale" about killing NPCs lol.

I guess you'll have to learn to adapt or find another way to make gold. 🤷‍♀️
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what zerg are you talking about? IC is a ghost town. Often times i get frustrated that there's noone to fight
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just worried can only pick cydrolli or imperial city :(
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's actually a very good idea. IC is so well done, intense, atmospheric and claustrophobic, it's a shame not many people come there.

One of the reasons is that - people queue for Cyrodiil, have in mind IC, but when they see their nearest keeps are off the entrance or see some interesting battles, they forget IC. Having IC separate solves this problem.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the O.P. is angry that he'll have a slightly harder time farming in peace? That's too bad.

It's a good move to make it a separate campaign, for multiple reasons. I support the change 100%.
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    All of you that is saying its a ghost town. It is not. I go to ic everyday and when i cant fight a certain group by myself id ask my pvp guild to come in. Imperial city is fine how it is. its not zergy (sometimes it can be) but best of all its where the small scale fights happen. if you guys claim its "dead" thats because you guys have no interest in going down there and you guys are just forcing a place where you guys have no interest in to be "alive".
    On xbox we have a community in imperial city. We know the people who were going to see and what color cuz we are always small scaling in there. But when a 40 man zerg shows up it ruins the fun for everyone. If you guys have no interest in imperial city why tf should you guys care if its dead? You guys are just forcing it to be zergy and have a reason to go in there.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very selfish view of imp city. I don't care about your personal tel var gains pal! If the change brings more people and makes the area populous and fun with decent content I'm all for it.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is one of the best PvP changes they’ve brainstormed AND they’ll be alleviating strain in Cyro. Your complaints are ridiculous.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than putting your nose into things that dont need to be change.

giphy.gif

signing off
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW i made 300k stones in 2 hours today. WHY and HOW? Because there are 7 campaigns out right now and i had imp city to myself on one of the campaigns.

I may be completely wrong but I have an odd feeling that this isn't what devs had in mind when they created IC... o:)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not be able to farm anything in peace in a pvp area.

And consider how this might benefit you. There will probably be many more players from your own alliance to help fight the zergs.

But people have been asking to separate Cyro and IC for years. Using Telvar farming as a reason not to is short sighted and self absorbed.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    Very selfish view of imp city. I don't care about your personal tel var gains pal! If the change brings more people and makes the area populous and fun with decent content I'm all for it.

People that farm stones in there fight in small scale and have fun. You zergling need to stay up top if you guys have no reason or interest in going there. i have enemies in imperial city and we have long fight like 4v4's and 8v8's
    You zerglings must be tired of doing the same thing over and over that you want to go into a small scale and ruin everything for us. even the people that i hate down there would messege me saying "F*cking zerglings ruin everything" because a group would be down there with 30 people and its not fun at all.
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    That's actually a very good idea. IC is so well done, intense, atmospheric and claustrophobic, it's a shame not many people come there.

One of the reasons is that - people queue for Cyrodiil, have in mind IC, but when they see their nearest keeps are off the entrance or see some interesting battles, they forget IC. Having IC separate solves this problem.

Thats your theory on why people dont come there? wed be gated and i can still manage to ride my horse to IC you guys are so stupid! what kind of logic is that? Its dead because MOST people dont want to go there or is not intrested. I dont know why you guys have to force it
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »

People that farm stones in there fight in small scale and have fun. You zergling need to stay up top if you guys have no reason or interest in going there. i have enemies in imperial city and we have long fight like 4v4's and 8v8's
    You zerglings must be tired of doing the same thing over and over that you want to go into a small scale and ruin everything for us. even the people that i hate down there would messege me saying "F*cking zerglings ruin everything" because a group would be down there with 30 people and its not fun at all.

You are very selfish and you are coming across as a lunatic, I solo or 2 man in pvp never zerg! By the things you say I can tell you are either very young or very stupid or both! This discussion is over! End of chat son!
    Btw get ready for the change, its coming!

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I am just worried can only pick cydrolli or imperial city :(
    No it will be outside of the main and quest campaigns.
    If to crowded they might add two like cp and non cp.
    Yes no cp will make the bosses harder :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭
    TERRIBLE IDEA! Are you guys stupid? For a solo player its already hard enough to make good telvar stoned because i get zerged down. I make 14k stones per bosses! These dumb zerglings make 500 stones per boss HUGE DIFFERENCE. And now youre going to cramp everyone in IMP City so well be making less tel var? WTF this makes me mad. Very stupid why cant you guys just leave things alone and actually FIX the game. Even VMA is LAGGY for a single player content can you guys fix that? Rather than putting your nose into things that dont need to be change. AND FOR CHRIST SAKE! Let us be able to craft a stack of potions rather than 4 at a time. ZOS is becoming *** the longer this game is out forreal
    BTW i made 300k stones in 2 hours today. WHY and HOW? Because there are 7 campaigns out right now and i had imp city to myself on one of the campaigns. Say good bye to making stones. I swear zos is going more in a ZERGY diretion in cyrodiil buffing the guards and all too. Good bye solo and small scale

Bold sounds awesome OP 😊
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TERRIBLE IDEA! Are you guys stupid? For a solo player its already hard enough to make good telvar stoned because i get zerged down. I make 14k stones per bosses! These dumb zerglings make 500 stones per boss HUGE DIFFERENCE. And now youre going to cramp everyone in IMP City so well be making less tel var? WTF this makes me mad. Very stupid why cant you guys just leave things alone and actually FIX the game. Even VMA is LAGGY for a single player content can you guys fix that? Rather than putting your nose into things that dont need to be change. AND FOR CHRIST SAKE! Let us be able to craft a stack of potions rather than 4 at a time. ZOS is becoming *** the longer this game is out forreal

LOLOL "solo play" inside a mmo? Have fun if your on PS4 I'll catch ya in the sewers and I'm coming for your stones! :smile:
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    Most of you guys that are disagreing and saying "you shouldnt be able to farm in peace" are just typial zerglings. tired of these trash "LFG" heavy attacking with a lightning staff in heay armor "911 theres ONE guy GET HIM!" no thumbs lookin ass. Sorry i dont rely on a 24 man to get things done in pvp. Only small scalers will understand. Peace.
    Sad to see ZOS is rooting for zerglings and killed small scales
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EVERYBODY has to have an issue with something.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zergs will be everywhere but those tiny passage ways should be a nice ap farm. :)

Though I agree they are going after the last small scale solo players in the game. When that finally hits there will be no challenge left in PvP, smh.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 16, 2019 12:43AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of you guys that are disagreing and saying "you shouldnt be able to farm in peace" are just typial zerglings.
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So you want them to fix their game which obviously includes actually improving existing content and they are trying to do that by reviving a dead zone and you are complaining why they are not leaving IC a dead zone because you will lose ur gold farm and may actually have to PVP in a, god forbid, PVP enabled zone. Dfq?
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Most of you guys that are disagreing and saying "you shouldnt be able to farm in peace" are just typial zerglings. tired of these trash "LFG" heavy attacking with a lightning staff in heay armor "911 theres ONE guy GET HIM!" no thumbs lookin ass. Sorry i dont rely on a 24 man to get things done in pvp. Only small scalers will understand. Peace.

You should be able to farm in peace definitely, but not in a PvP zone. Why don't you look for a nice PvE zone to farm in. So players can't zerg or gank you. It's not like ZOS advertised this game as a Financial Tycoon: become the riches in Tamriel.
  • SkoobySnaxx
    SkoobySnaxx
    ✭✭✭
    kirgeo wrote: »

You should be able to farm in peace definitely, but not in a PvP zone. Why don't you look for a nice PvE zone to farm in. So players can't zerg or gank you. It's not like ZOS advertised this game as a Financial Tycoon: become the riches in Tamriel.

I DO get ganked. i get sniped i get outnumbered and its part of pvp OBVIOUSLY. I measnt peacefully like its small scale. thered be like 15 ppl or less and its nice. and there is no lag like in cyrodiil. If you have no purpose to go there then dont. You hae the option to go in imp city do you not? 400 people hae the choice to go there that are in cyrodiil but they choose not to. like i said YOU GUYS ARE FORCING IT
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    About time the farmers get some action in sewer.. Been dead for years.
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the IC change. No more Emp players running around IC farming telvar and I assume it will reduce lag in Cyrodiil.

Hey at least the new IC campaigns will get population counters so you can see which ones are dead and you can farm in them in peace.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

in all seriousness - not sure how long you've been playing the game - but - IC used to be the spot to go and pvp (late 2015, early 2016)...

when they added the flags, a respawn timer, took away being able to use the alliance war "reach" passive from the platforms, and made it so you can't respawn on any friendly alliance platform (without having the district flag your color) they really ruined the vibe...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 16, 2019 6:13AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place