The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

My Issue With IMP City Being a Campaign

• Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven’t people been asking IC and Cyrodil to be separate for years?
    Also yay, no more horse simulator
    Options
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly this is the best thing that has happened to IC, I hope it gets busier again like it was when it first launched, it was the most fun I had in pvp ever
    Options
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I am just worried can only pick cydrolli or imperial city :(
    Cyrodiil does not equal Imperial City. Different objectives and one even has a scoreboard. Everything you do in IC does nothing for Cyrodiil itself. They are completely different and thus, should be treated different. TelVar farmers shouldn't be included with the players fighting up top over keeps/forts/castles population. This should have happened from the start. And no TelVar farmer should have to wait in a 20+ queue for IC.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on January 25, 2019 8:10PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
      Options
    • Jerdeh
      Jerdeh
      ✭✭✭
      This change is good, brings some life to Imperial City and also helps to eliminate the lag in Cyrodiil, because the IC will be in different campaign.
      Been playing since betas 2014
      Options
    • Taleof2Cities
      Taleof2Cities
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jerdeh wrote: »
      This change is good, brings some life to Imperial City and also helps to eliminate the lag in Cyrodiil, because the IC will be in different campaign.

Agreed, no more free passes for the Tel Var farmers.
      Options
    • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I agree with the OP...turning IC into a campaign its a terrible idea...best Telvar farming place...farming the farmers...now it will be so lively I might actually have to watch my back when farming.
      Options
    • eso_lags
      eso_lags
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      All of you that is saying its a ghost town. It is not. I go to ic everyday and when i cant fight a certain group by myself id ask my pvp guild to come in. Imperial city is fine how it is. its not zergy (sometimes it can be) but best of all its where the small scale fights happen. if you guys claim its "dead" thats because you guys have no interest in going down there and you guys are just forcing a place where you guys have no interest in to be "alive".
      On xbox we have a community in imperial city. We know the people who were going to see and what color cuz we are always small scaling in there. But when a 40 man zerg shows up it ruins the fun for everyone. If you guys have no interest in imperial city why tf should you guys care if its dead? You guys are just forcing it to be zergy and have a reason to go in there.

Idk what game you thought you were playing but 90% of pvp players are zerglings. Not many of them care about small scale, they just want to get in a 40 man and steam roll smaller groups. Thats the goal. So your point of view isnt going to matter here because that 90% goes for the forums too..

But i wouldn't worry too much. Im guessing that IC will get zergy for the first week or two and then die down. People would rather zerg keeps, take scrolls, and try to get emp. Maybe if they made a mini emp in IC, you might see tons of people but i wouldnt worry about zos doing that lol. Also, if they put 1-2 CP IC, and 1 no CP IC, it will probably be similar to how it is now..

And tbh, if this helps fix performance then great. Thats all i care about, cyrodil performance/game performance. And right now its complete dog ***. Zos is never going to put real money, time, employees, and effort, into fixing the performance so as it stands we have to deal with their science experiments while they try to fix things.

Because performance is so bad in this game. Like the worst case scenario for so many players in so many areas. If its this bad and they dont have it as a top priority (which they clearly do not) then the only way its getting fixed is by them trying something every update.. This time its IC, next time who knows.. Ill be thrilled if they fix it, but im not optimistic considering ive been complaining about it for 2+ years.
      Options
    • Lord_Eomer
      Lord_Eomer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Its an excellent plan to have IC campaign but it should reward IC sets not Cyrodiil sets.
      Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 26, 2019 10:03AM
      Options
    • Datthaw
      Datthaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Qbiken wrote: »
      Someone doesn't want to PvP in a PvP zone. How dare ZOS breathe life back into a zone consisting of Stone farmers that don't want to fight anyone.

For me personally it´s not about that at all. I go to IC when Cyrodil is too much of a lagfest. Performance has always been good in IC. I sincerely hope ZOS plans to add more than only one imperial City campaign or it will be an absolute lagfest in there as well. One CP and one no-CP would be preferable.

and thats completely fine! I dont mind that at all. But what im getting at is that people want to have a zerg fight down there and itll be "fun" when its basially the same thing at cyrodiil. And their excuse is that the place is dead and its too far to ride their mount. Which is bogus. If they like the scenery or just want to go down there then do it. @Qbiken you choose to go there to have a good pvp experience then thats good. But if people are forcing it to be a content where itll give them a reason to zerg there then thats just whaaack, its dead because people choose to not go there. but honestly the population there now is fine. had a lot of good battles in there

Here´s what I think will happen when IC becomes its own campaign:

* The first few weeks/months more people will flock to IC since it´s now easier to get there. Depending on how many campaigns ZOS decides to open up, we might even see pop-locked IC.

* Zergs attracts small-scalers that wants to farm less-experienced/un-coordinated groups.

* Since I don´t see any changes in rewards from IC, the initiative to go there hasn´t changed. So going to IC just to get wiped by experienced small-scale groups will discourage people to come back.

* Left will be either a bunch of small-scale groups not attacking each other (since most of them are friends one way or another) and a bunch of tel-var farmers.

Biggest issue is that there´s no initiative to go there aside from farming tel-var and buy hakeijo´s and alchemy satchels. Until ZOS gives us more reason to go there IC will repeatedly keep "dying".
      Someone doesn't want to PvP in a PvP zone. How dare ZOS breathe life back into a zone consisting of Stone farmers that don't want to fight anyone.

For me personally it´s not about that at all. I go to IC when Cyrodil is too much of a lagfest. Performance has always been good in IC. I sincerely hope ZOS plans to add more than only one imperial City campaign or it will be an absolute lagfest in there as well. One CP and one no-CP would be preferable.

and thats completely fine! I dont mind that at all. But what im getting at is that people want to have a zerg fight down there and itll be "fun" when its basially the same thing at cyrodiil. And their excuse is that the place is dead and its too far to ride their mount. Which is bogus. If they like the scenery or just want to go down there then do it. @Qbiken you choose to go there to have a good pvp experience then thats good. But if people are forcing it to be a content where itll give them a reason to zerg there then thats just whaaack, its dead because people choose to not go there. but honestly the population there now is fine. had a lot of good battles in there

Here´s what I think will happen when IC becomes its own campaign:

* The first few weeks/months more people will flock to IC since it´s now easier to get there. Depending on how many campaigns ZOS decides to open up, we might even see pop-locked IC.

* Zergs attracts small-scalers that wants to farm less-experienced/un-coordinated groups.

* Since I don´t see any changes in rewards from IC, the initiative to go there hasn´t changed. So going to IC just to get wiped by experienced small-scale groups will discourage people to come back.

* Left will be either a bunch of small-scale groups not attacking each other (since most of them are friends one way or another) and a bunch of tel-var farmers.

Biggest issue is that there´s no initiative to go there aside from farming tel-var and buy hakeijo´s and alchemy satchels. Until ZOS gives us more reason to go there IC will repeatedly keep "dying".

This person understands
      Options
    • Datthaw
      Datthaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I will say though, as a telvar farmer myself, I am a little worried. But first and foremost I am a pvp'er. So I am excited for that aspect.
      Options
    • kylewwefan
      kylewwefan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      geonsocal wrote: »
      kylewwefan wrote: »
      There’s this one set. Oh man. You have to carry 10k telvars around on you, but it makes you invincible. Make sure you carry at least 10k though. Anything less, and they’ll eat you up.

i've got a few pieces of imperial physique already...
      Imperial Physique
      (2 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
      (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
      (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
      (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
      (5 items) While you are in Imperial City, you tap into the power of the Tel Var Stones you are carrying, increasing your Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 1032. While you have a 4x Tel Var Stone multiplier this effect is increased by 600%.

looks like i'll need to finish collecting the set...

from what i've seen/heard, looks like the best way to use it is to get together in a small strong group and go wreak havoc on bosses/players...

It was kind of a joke hehehe. You can still get killed quick wearing this. It puts a huge blue light on you like running a scroll or something. It is some seriously awesome buffs in the right hands though....
      Options
    • InvictusApollo
      InvictusApollo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If OP is having problems with zerglings in IC, then why won't he just make a bomblade and farm them for tel vars? O_o
      Options
    • therift
      therift
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      All of Cyrodiil is rejoicing that IC player populations will no longer be counted against Cyrodiil player populations.

No more three bars of population and only three actual players in Cyrodiil.

And to OP... your whining attitude and entitlement makes me glad that you're upset.
      Options
    • Ruckly
      Ruckly
      ✭✭✭✭
      You can pick up a copy of the tel var farmers almanac when the winds change after IC becomes its own plantation separate from taking up population slots in cyrodill proper. There might be drought for a couple seasons you might have less land to cultivate tel var stones might become guild dominated as they annex and re-annex property you might have to form your own beat down squad to get stones.

There is only so much soil and vagabond farmhand may become an obsolete profession. Having to beat you plowshare into a sword in a PvP zone is a part of war.

"Their sword will become our plow, and from the tears of war the daily bread of future generations will grow."
      Options