Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to use my main to get her to a higher rank but Kyne is just too perfect for this event.

I got over 30k ap while doing 1 scouting mission. The keep was ours by the time I got to the trans shrine so I ported straight there. The resource I was sent to scout was under attack by my alliance when I got there. By the time the report was finished, my alliance had taken it. I was apparently close enough for the ap. When I headed back to the keep, it was under attack. But it wasn't. I used 1 wall kit and threw out 1 heal. Bam! Defense tick. Ported back to the gate and turned in the quest. Less than 10 minutes.

Plan on getting more of my fresh alts to 10 so they can Kyne.

Oh, the lower level the characters, the faster you earn rewards for the worthy. That 30k ap mission got me 8 mails and 9 boxes along with my 2 tickets.
    Edited by EvilAutoTech on January 12, 2019 4:52PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why we need more campaigns and remove vivec...........
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall not bad.

The stuck in combat bug is definitely in full swing. Sprint bug still seems to be an issue. General lag and some frame rate issues when 100+ players show up at the same time and place. Think I’ve made about a million AP so far.

Best thing I got out of an event box is probably just some columbine. Which is meh but whatever. IC is back from the dead which is always a welcome sight.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA

I haven't been to Vivec. Performance in Shor was moderately poor Thursday but ran very smooth Friday overall despite pop lock. Ball groups could still lag out the server, but in the main, the performance increase was noticeable.

One of the good things about Midyear Mayhem has been the mayhem part. People who don't know what they "should" do doing random things, with off parts of the map seeing action and people running all kinds of crazy RP builds. This event for some reason there has been a lot less of that and a lot more faction zerging. Maybe it's the huge o ticks. Maybe the general population is just more savvy. But it feels more like every day Cyro with more zerging instead of the chaos of previous events. Kinda sad.

Also, just a tip to the PVE'ers coming in: I know you think everyone in Cyro is super salty, but I've been teabagged more in 2 days by Recruits and Tyros than I have in 2 years by supposedly salty toxic PVP'ers. :D
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »

I hate to admit it, but I was the first casualty. I ran up to the guy quest giver and was turning it in when I heard the noise and saw the red ring. As I backed out to fight, he delivered the killing blow. I never had a chance.

Give people a chance and they'll act like tools every time.
  • daveywavey
    My PvP Guild on Sotha Sil has spent weeks fighting our way through the campaign to try to win it. This event comes along and it's suddenly full of people just wanting to get an event ticket, and we can't even load into it cos of the queue. Makes the weeks of fighting seem somewhat pointless when we can't even be involved in the final week where it all counts.

What would be great would be if there were separate Holiday Event Campaigns for people who just want to get their tickets and don't want to fight organised PvP Guilds. Then keep the ordinary Campaigns as non-Holiday Event. That way, people who just want the ticket get a bit of an easier time without having to fight a 50-strong organised PvP Guild, and the PvP Guilds get to see some return on the weeks of prep they've put in to trying to win the campaign.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not too bad for me. Just a lot of me grumbling about all the roads that lead into the sides of mountains. What's up with that?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been actually having a great time. Played in Shor until my 200+ queue let me in Vivec. No dc’s at all in Vivec. Got stuck in place 2x, once each night but no UNUSUAL performance issues. I’m surprised and generally pleased.

I’m not playing for event tickets. I just want to PvP in Vivec. The final two days of the campaign went like I would have hoped. Thanks ZOS if you did anything. I’m a happy camper.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ive been having fun with it, getting my tickets and plenty of boxes and AP with no issues.

The only technical problem I ran into was with my DC character. I was 1v1 with an EP when I noticed several things in a split second. My abilities were not firing, I could only light attack, he had frozen in the air as if he was jumping and was not taking any damage.

At first I thought I had disconnected, but then the screen flashed and I was dead on the ground and he was just walking around me, perhaps as confused as I was. I still have no idea what that was about, but at least it only happened just that once.

Though the most fun I have had with this event occurred late yesterday. My DC character picked up a scout report somewhere deep in EP territory. Did it, then decided to go to nearby Cheydinhal for some easy quests.

Snuck in carefully, alert for any hiding and skulking enemies. Didnt see any, (yeah I know the good ones you will never see anyway) got the first quest when 2 EP came riding up on me.

I froze as I noted they were both 100+ CP more than me and were very high rank compare to my measly grade 1 sergeant. Obviously not some PVEers looking for some peaceful event quests.

But to my surprise they left me alone, and I was more than happy to do the same. As time went on more EP showed up, as well as AD, and even a small handful of my own.

We all just quested together. If we were attacking the same NPCs, we were careful to take turns and not hit each other. Then run back together to turn in. I have seen before 2 sides work together in the past (usually against the 3rd), but it was the first time I have ever seen all 3 do it. It was a pleasant experience (for Cyrodiil) and a lot of fun.

But I forgot one thing. War never changes.

I hate to admit it, but I was the first casualty. I ran up to the guy quest giver and was turning it in when I heard the noise and saw the red ring. As I backed out to fight, he delivered the killing blow. I never had a chance.

I didnt rez, I just watched. The EP rogue ran over to the female quest giver and hid. Meanwhile 3 EP had rode up to my corpse. An AD ran up to turn in at the female and met the same fate as me just as several other AD and one DC arrived.

They took turns and quickly sent the renegade EP straight to oblivion, while his own just sat there and watched. The dead AD as well as myself were rezzed by our own. The EP was not. We went back to questing.

Even though dead, it was probably the most fun moment I ever had in Cyrodiil. So yes, to me this event is a success so far.

Something funny like that happened to me. Some AD just walked right up to me. Not attacking. Usually if some one is trying to be friendly they’ll hop around or emote or something (I’ll kill them anyways, screw em).

Well this guy just walked up to me. I Fossilized, leaped, and whipped him dead. I thought “wtf is this guy doing?” I guess he was questin or something. I unno. Reflexes kicked in. My thinking is go hard, apply pressure, if he don’t really want to fight, he can run away. I don’t chase too far.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Just been in Cyrodil a few times with a new alt so have vigor now..... which was nice. The reward boxes would need to improve a lot to attain the level of "pants"..... unlike previous events where they were very occasionaly moderately useful.

just say in ;o/
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    daveywavey wrote: »
    My PvP Guild on Sotha Sil has spent weeks fighting our way through the campaign to try to win it. This event comes along and it's suddenly full of people just wanting to get an event ticket, and we can't even load into it cos of the queue. Makes the weeks of fighting seem somewhat pointless when we can't even be involved in the final week where it all counts.

What would be great would be if there were separate Holiday Event Campaigns for people who just want to get their tickets and don't want to fight organised PvP Guilds. Then keep the ordinary Campaigns as non-Holiday Event. That way, people who just want the ticket get a bit of an easier time without having to fight a 50-strong organised PvP Guild, and the PvP Guilds get to see some return on the weeks of prep they've put in to trying to win the campaign.

I actually threw up reading this. "50-man strong ORGANISED PvP Guild" - that's a zerg, don't call that an organized guild, sotha EP has nothing but organized zerg trains. That's about it. Low skilled people stacking up with 30-60 other people hunting and light attacking solo/small scale players.

So satisfied that DC got rank 1. GG EZ.

As for feedback: Zos needs to lower the offensive ticks for keeps and ressources (actually increase the tick but divide it by everyone that was zerging down the keep/outpost/ressource). Most people just PvDoor at the moment. If they get attacked they either stealth away or run as fast as possible.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does suck is boosting. Rather than people enjoying more pop on the quiet campaigns for some good action there's folks working with other alliances to boost for hours on end. Getting at anyone trying ti play legit.

Peoples attitudes in events stink. Huge shame.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only do BGs right now. Going in Cyrodiil and traveling or barswapping basically boots me to the login screen.
  • daveywavey
    I actually threw up reading this. "50-man strong ORGANISED PvP Guild" - that's a zerg, don't call that an organized guild, sotha EP has nothing but organized zerg trains. That's about it. Low skilled people stacking up with 30-60 other people hunting and light attacking solo/small scale players.
    You clearly don't play in Sotha…
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spent several hours in Shor. Stuck in combat bug lives on and some choppy performance when a ton of players converge inside a keep. Other than that have been pleasantly surprised and having a blast. Not even many lag kills, which usually drive me nuts. If PVP could always be so busy and fun, I'd never leave Cyro. :)
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been having fun with it, getting my tickets and plenty of boxes and AP with no issues.

The only technical problem I ran into was with my DC character. I was 1v1 with an EP when I noticed several things in a split second. My abilities were not firing, I could only light attack, he had frozen in the air as if he was jumping and was not taking any damage.

At first I thought I had disconnected, but then the screen flashed and I was dead on the ground and he was just walking around me, perhaps as confused as I was. I still have no idea what that was about, but at least it only happened just that once.

Though the most fun I have had with this event occurred late yesterday. My DC character picked up a scout report somewhere deep in EP territory. Did it, then decided to go to nearby Cheydinhal for some easy quests.

Snuck in carefully, alert for any hiding and skulking enemies. Didnt see any, (yeah I know the good ones you will never see anyway) got the first quest when 2 EP came riding up on me.

I froze as I noted they were both 100+ CP more than me and were very high rank compare to my measly grade 1 sergeant. Obviously not some PVEers looking for some peaceful event quests.

But to my surprise they left me alone, and I was more than happy to do the same. As time went on more EP showed up, as well as AD, and even a small handful of my own.

We all just quested together. If we were attacking the same NPCs, we were careful to take turns and not hit each other. Then run back together to turn in. I have seen before 2 sides work together in the past (usually against the 3rd), but it was the first time I have ever seen all 3 do it. It was a pleasant experience (for Cyrodiil) and a lot of fun.

But I forgot one thing. War never changes.

I didnt rez, I just watched. The EP rogue ran over to the female quest giver and hid. Meanwhile 3 EP had rode up to my corpse. An AD ran up to turn in at the female and met the same fate as me just as several other AD and one DC arrived.

They took turns and quickly sent the renegade EP straight to oblivion, while his own just sat there and watched. The dead AD as well as myself were rezzed by our own. The EP was not. We went back to questing.

Even though dead, it was probably the most fun moment I ever had in Cyrodiil. So yes, to me this event is a success so far.

Something funny like that happened to me. Some AD just walked right up to me. Not attacking. Usually if some one is trying to be friendly they’ll hop around or emote or something (I’ll kill them anyways, screw em).

Well this guy just walked up to me. I Fossilized, leaped, and whipped him dead. I thought “wtf is this guy doing?” I guess he was questin or something. I unno. Reflexes kicked in. My thinking is go hard, apply pressure, if he don’t really want to fight, he can run away. I don’t chase too far.

Unless you were standing right in front of a quest giver, you may have done just what the guy wanted anyway. Especially if he did not try to fight back or run.

Honestly, after I was done questing in the above mentioned, I did give a brief thought to approaching one of the EPs and ask to be killed. I just didnt feel like dealing with the looooong ride back to DC territory.

But, not wanting a misunderstanding and repeat of what happened earlier, I decided against it and rode back anyway. So I can see how out in the field spotting a stronger enemy may look like a quick trip home.

But your 'reflexes kick in' statement reminds me of this mornings amusement when I took my EP character who is an opposite of my DC character to Cheydinhal.

My DC character is very stealthy and high DPS. He slinks right past groups of enemy players and hides in plain sight with ease. I suspect many times the enemy doesnt even know what hit them until they get the death recap.

OTOH, my EP character will ride right past an enemy player without a second thought. He fishes wherever he wants (one day will get that master angler lol) not caring whose territory the water is in, checks out dolmens, delves and explores anything interesting without fear.

So this morning, running back across the bridge to turn in a quest I obviously took by surprise a lone AD player who happened to be on the same bridge running towards me.

Though I would have just run past him, I guess he had a 'reflexes kicked in' moment himself because he suddenly attacked. Now I was the one having a 'wtf is this guy doing?' moment.

Im certainly not the most experienced PVP player as I spend far more time in PVE. However, even I know, that if you see an enemy player approach you with over 56k health, heavy armor and S&B on both bars as long as hes not being aggressive its probably not a good idea to initiate an attack.

It will be nothing but a waste of time and energy for you, as I also have rather good resource sustain. It took this guy almost 3 minutes of attacking to figure it out. During which I never once hit him back (only threw up a shield or did a half hearted block here and there) and still had a near full health bar.

He gave up, turned tail and ran. I just let him go. No point in allowing him to figure out that even on a good day I can probably max out at 4500 DPS. Its more fun this way and maybe hell learn something from the experience lol
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA Sotha Sil was a slide show from the moment I ported to a neutral keep until I ported back to wayshrine. PC NA Vivec is a bunch of random nothing pvp really going on. Lines are to long. People probably running idle scripts in IC vaults to keep them logged in. For a pop locked DC it didn't seem there were many people around.
    Edited by Ruckly on January 13, 2019 3:01AM
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Its complete crap. Thanks for asking. All the towns have been taken by the enemy so you can't even do dailies and therefore NO EVENT TICKETS.

Complete crap

Have you tried the contribution to a battleground daily quest? Only requires 1000 medal points in a BG and you could queue for flag games specifically. That's my default when I'm too busy to really play on a day.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS needs to boot everyone from the campaigns from time to time during the event to kick the sleeping rubberbanders. I’m in Vivec PS4 NA and not much is happening.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL I took my PvE saptank into Cyro and ran into a resource. Took the NPCs 5 minutes to kill me.

Overall, it's been fun.
  • Amanuensis
    Amanuensis
    ✭✭✭✭
    T'was lots of fun. The queue took a while but that was to be expected. Joined a zerg group and went to town all over the map. I think the other Factions had zergs as well, and we all converged on Alessia to duke it out. That's when I got a loading screen and promptly got booted out of the game.

Also, zone chat was dominated by two guys insulting each other's mother's sexual proclivities. Very entertaining.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually haven't crashed yet. There's lag but nothing new. I did whisper a couple people who asked for help/information but it seems like there were many more who probably are doing stuff for the mount but I let it go if they didn't ask. Would like it if more than just Vivec had this much action outside of events.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Midyear" Mayhem? What in January do they call midyear I wonder? (Yes I wonder my precious B) )
    Edited by woufff on January 13, 2019 8:38AM
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extremely long (600+)queue aside, i was surprised how little lag there was in Vivec EU once i got inside.

The fighting has been fun (i suspect because of large portion of the players not being organized voice-commed professionals, since they couldnt all get in, courtesy 600+ queue.)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent 2 hours waiting to enter Vivec, never made it in, still 60th in line when I had to log off so I’m guessing it was about a 3 hour wait.

Came back later in the day, did not bother even attempting to enter Cyrodiil. Did a trial instead, where all 12 were experiencing issues (lag, new bugs, skills not firing, etc.). These problems do not usually occur, so I’m guessing it was related to the massive amount of activity for the event.

Not enjoying this event at all so far. Just waiting for it to be over...
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought an impen pack of night mother for 3k and snapped it on my nb vamp. Moved in perma-stealth with ridiculous speed all over the map reporting to zone chat on zerg movement. Sometimes cavalry arrived to crash the zerg, it was fun.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    I try to avoid large-scale battles and I'm fine. I still get random lading screens and infinite ones which force me to relog, but this happens without the event anyways.

The main problem is campaigns being locked very early, at around 5pm. I think adding 2 new campaigns for each mode would help a lot.

When it comes to Battlegrounds, I haven't really noticed major differences. Mainly a large increase of lower CP players, but I don't care about that.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iam pretty sure they lowered the population cap on the newly added campaigns. You have to wait in queue just to pop into a barren wasteland with maybe one big group going. It feels kinda empty.

The funniest thing so far this event was probably on Malacath where EP would take the inner keeps, dont repair the gates so DC can take them back fast. IC circle runs on a next level.
    Edited by kiLLahweSPe on January 13, 2019 9:47AM
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders
    https://pathfinderseso.shivtr.com/

The Lovely Multicolored Ponies
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LWhat would make it more fun?

Having a game client that didn’t crash every 20-30 minutes (not really a PvP specific issue, but it’s what is preventing me taking part in the Mayhem event)

Having some kind of matching system in Battlegrounds that put you up against players/teams of a vaguely similar skill level and number (but clearly there’s not the will, ability or population to enable that).

Balance the challenge properly. I have L50 toons that have never done BGs or PvP, so putting them with L50 practiced premades isn’t going to be fun or challenging for me, I am just going to get my arse kicked and end up frustrated, discouraged and angry. It’s like being constantly one-shotted in PvE - it doesn’t encourage me to do that content. I had a great fight yesterday against someone who was at my level, it was tense, challenging and rewarding. That is what PvP should be. Maybe base it on the total AP gained by a player’s account - which would be some kind of reflection on their PvP experience.

Have a league table as well as a leaderboard for Battlegrounds - that way you could encourage top teams to play one another and discourage them from milking PUGs, and enable teams with less experienced players to play teams on their level (otherwise it is hard to get new teams together). But again I suspect the will, ability and population aren’t there.

Letting you choose exactly which battleground game (let alone map) you want to play (but clearly no will, ability or population for that either)

Enabling guilds to run Battlegrounds - as then you might get more balanced teams and a generally less toxic atmosphere, which might encourage more people to participate and get over the vicious learning curve.

Having some easy way to enable PvE and PvP instances of the same toon (so changing the kit, skills and CP easily and without cost) as many good PvE builds are utter tosh in PvP.

Having riding/getting about in Cyrodiil less of a godawful pain in the arse - just give all the horses rapid manoeuvres ffs, being a new toon on a slow nag is a quick way to make me hate PvP and never come back

Don’t try to FORCE people to PvP by making Vigor and Caltrops PvP locked skills, ENTICE me in by making PvP super fun and as great to play as possible. You can get people into PvP this way - just look at the pop locked campaigns at the moment.

Doing something to deal with the ridiculously steep learning curve for PvP

Appear to actually feel PvP is a part of the game worth celebrating

TL:DR Laggy, crashy bullyfests don’t encourage newer/less experienced players to continue. Put some effort into making it better (please)

Respect to all
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They forgot my dye stamps