The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So far so good here. Spent a little time in cydrolli in malcetbeth doing the town dailies without issues and watching some action go down. One disconnect, but I think that was my vpn not like akamai. Now I must say a lot better this year in battlegrounds. I had a good mix of type of gameplay, but what I really like was the double xp from bgs. So on that note thanks for added double xp to this version of the event. Also with lots of sets in boxes the rewards feel exictings (cough compared to new life festival). Having had enough experience in cydrolli during the event, but overall battlegrounds are a lot better, performance wise.
How's the event going for others? Are you guys enjoying this event more this time?
Edited by Tasear on January 12, 2019 8:34AM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been fine in Vivec, I only had one crash and only lagged when I was on MY OWN
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    The campaigns are full and locked at prime time. Can't get in. BG's keep getting stuck on players joining. Give us more campaigns and give us better bg servers or whatever it is that is causing the queues to get stuck like that. Otherwise, I am quite enjoying the event.

Oh, also, put the damned ticket timer on the reset with all the other resets. It's really annoying the way it is set up now.
    Edited by Garish on January 12, 2019 8:38AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a blast in the imp city and sewers.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec got really choppy for me the first time I tried it.
    Had one disconnect in Shor on the first day... sometimes it gets a little choppy when we have really big-scale battles and there's a lot on screen.

I haven't had loading screen issues (I've gotten maybe 2-3 random loading screens while running through Cyro, but only for a couple seconds each), nor have I dealt with really bad lag or countless disconnects.

I've been playing Shor and the Malacath or w/e map. Did some IC as well as basic pvp in Cyro.
    Been having a lot of fun even tho I'm garbage at pvp. ^^

That said, I know there are a lot of people who do deal with frustrating issues, so I hope for them things can be improved in the future.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garish wrote: »
    The campaigns are full and locked at prime time. Can't get in. BG's keep getting stuck on players joining. Give us more campaigns and give us better bg servers or whatever it is that is causing the queues to get stuck like that. Otherwise, I am quite enjoying the event.

Oh, also, put the damned ticket timer on the reset with all the other resets. It's really annoying the way it is set up now.

Tickects reset at the same time each day. Actually think it's with other resets, but this not having daylight savings confuses me each year.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    Vivec got really choppy for me the first time I tried it.
    Had one disconnect in Shor on the first day... sometimes it gets a little choppy when we have really big-scale battles and there's a lot on screen.

I haven't had loading screen issues (I've gotten maybe 2-3 random loading screens while running through Cyro, but only for a couple seconds each), nor have I dealt with really bad lag or countless disconnects.

I've been playing Shor and the Malacath or w/e map. Did some IC as well as basic pvp in Cyro.
    Been having a lot of fun even tho I'm garbage at pvp. ^^

That said, I know there are a lot of people who do deal with frustrating issues, so I hope for them things can be improved in the future.

Nothing is perfect, but if we can give all types of feedback, it might help us improve the game, but letting developers understand what is working and what isn't working. Also to give our thanks when things are working better.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was fairly hesitant to venture into Cyrodiil due to the bad lag, freezes, so forth in the past. Got a surprise today. Pop locked vivec campaign. No lag, no freezes, no stuttering. Even caltrops would lag the game up for me in the past. Not today. Had trouble at one stage when unable to use any skills or swap weapon. The weapon swap bug rared up later on in pve too.

Oh yeah. Was not awarded AP three times in a row for helping capture resources. This happened in the past too.
    Edited by phairdon on January 12, 2019 9:20AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its complete crap. Thanks for asking. All the towns have been taken by the enemy so you can't even do dailies and therefore NO EVENT TICKETS.

Complete crap
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been going to Shor everyday and the only issue I've had is the 'stuck in combat' bug but it only happened once. Other than that, no lag, long loading screens, freezes, crashes, or anything else.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @barney2525 There is a town in the 3 'o clock position called Cheydinhal where you can do dailies and one in the eight 'o clock position called Chorrol. They are neutral towns just keep your eyes peeled and be careful about swimming across the river in Cheydinhal. It's generally safer to do these dailies (there is another quest provider at an abbey somewhere) as the towns are not strategic assets. Bruma, Cropsford and Valastrus are inherently risky for this reason, that and you can't approach npc's when it's an enemy town. Give it a try in the quieter campaign.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not friendly to people who cannot log in on quiet hours (job, family, ect).
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    So far so good here. Spent a little time in cydrolli in malcetbeth doing the town dailies without issues and watching some action go down. One disconnect, but I think that was my vpn not like akamai. Now I must say a lot better this year in battlegrounds. I had a good mix of type of gameplay, but what I really like was the double xp from bgs. So on that note thanks for added double xp to this version of the event. Also with lots of sets in boxes the rewards feel exictings (cough compared to new life festival). Having had enough experience in cydrolli during the event, but overall battlegrounds are a lot better, performance wise.
    How's the event going for others? Are you guys enjoying this event more this time?

I had no idea it was double XP for battlegrounds?! You mean.just on kills or the random daily is 200k XP?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback wise event is great. Stay out of vivec is my advice, having some great fitghts in shor and extra AP for it and q load of free stuff from boxes on top. Good times.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Least enjoyable event. Logged in yesterday, had no issue getting into vivec, but anywhere near a keep was hitting below 15fps. Left Cyro as the tickets are not worth the hassle of dealing with pvp and the rewards are trash
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolf486 wrote: »
    Least enjoyable event. Logged in yesterday, had no issue getting into vivec, but anywhere near a keep was hitting below 15fps. Left Cyro as the tickets are not worth the hassle of dealing with pvp and the rewards are trash

AP is prettttty handy to buy MH & shoulders from the golden no?

And if you don't want lag, avoid vivec.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    wolf486 wrote: »

AP is prettttty handy to buy MH & shoulders from the golden no?

And if you don't want lag, avoid vivec.

Zos should have made it cost nothing to change campaigns during the event tbh. In a year I only purhcased one MH item from the golden, and have around 2million gold in the off chance I need something else (although I still have lots of AP from when I use to go into Cyro). While I see AP being useful for many, just not worth it for me.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    As always, the event highlights the problems they already have.
    I've been doing the BG thing as too many of my characters have slow horses, and man this matchmaking/groupforming is broken.
    4v4v3
    XvXvTeam
    Clearly inexperienced players match against grouped BG veterans.
    I would always think the PVP community and the dev's would want an event like this to get more players interested in PvP, but the system and players prove otherwise.

Double AP is nice though; less matches for PvE characters is always nice.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I had no idea it was double XP for battlegrounds?! You mean.just on kills or the random daily is 200k XP?

Yeah need cp or to level a skill this way is easy. Win or lose their is value. Also only 10 mins for a battleground.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    As always, the event highlights the problems they already have.
    I've been doing the BG thing as too many of my characters have slow horses, and man this matchmaking/groupforming is broken.
    4v4v3
    XvXvTeam
    Clearly inexperienced players match against grouped BG veterans.
    I would always think the PVP community and the dev's would want an event like this to get more players interested in PvP, but the system and players prove otherwise.

Double AP is nice though; less matches for PvE characters is always nice.

What would make more people interested?
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the event! <3

Best event there is and all been working well at Cyrodiil for me. Yeah queue times can take a bit, but there has been fun action around the clock. Was really nice to get this event again. :)

Nice rewards, plenty of ap to spend on Golden. Most importantly fun. And see a lot of new to Cyrodiil players having fun also. :)
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    What would make more people interested?

Having fun!
    NOT being in a 3v4v4
    NOT getting rofl stomped by premades
    NOT getting rofl stomped by a "prepared" pvp player out of your league.

I agree with the old sentiment that losing can help you learn. But a new player (most likely coming from pve with pve appropriate gear) is not going to learn much, much less have any fun/desire to repeat, getting stomped 400-0 against a coordinated group wearing gold shackle breaker plus choice, with Impen, and map awareness.

I'm always amazed how many online games struggle to deal with simple match making, then wonder why PvP isn't booming; leading to PVP players complaining about long queues etc.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far so good here.

So far so good here as well.

I approached this event differently than the others, just because of the added dynamic of PvP. So, I chose a quiet, non-CP campaign (Sotha Sil?) and did town quests as well in the off hours. In, and out.

One thing I'd like to add, is that tying tickets to these events somewhat forces me to engage in them, even though they may be out of my comfort zone. Usually I'm a crafter and solo explorer that loves a good (non vet) dungeon crawl. I have PvP'd in my gaming past, but I pretty much avoid Cyrodiil. Having to dip in every day has piqued my interest in exploring it further.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Its complete crap. Thanks for asking. All the towns have been taken by the enemy so you can't even do dailies and therefore NO EVENT TICKETS.

Complete crap

You know there are more than just the town dialies that can be done ... And it doesn't take much to flip a a town back to your needs
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far so good! Queues are long but I just hang in a less populated campaign until I get into the main one. As of all the events MM is actually my favourite one. Made around 2 mill. ap so far and will work on all the characters I'm not yet sergeant with.

Finally got my base model of the mount and will leave it at that. Best thing about the event is double ap after all.

Have a great weekend all and happy hunting ;)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it so much harder and more tedious to get a frickin colour for your mount than actually getting the mount in an other event? Really don't like this event at all, there's better things to do in this game than spend hours grinding for a colour.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the event for a PvE player. I've run several chars through Cyrodiil for Vigor/Caltrops in the past and am running two up during this event. Both are in Malacath campaign (PC NA). No disconnects and smooth performance. I see that the campaigns can get full during prime times but expect that might get a bit better after the weekend.

Bought my first berry on day one so my tix counter was then 2/12. To me that means 5 scouting missions during the entire event which is not bad. They take a bit of time and caution but are relaxing enough. Then perhaps help some others with resource/keep captures and enjoy the double AP. First character is already 'done' (Alliance L6 for Caltrops) and second is making fine progress.

I want to finish the event with 12/12 tix and see no problem. My concern is actually more the upcoming TG and DB events since none of my chars are thieves nor assassins. Am curious to see what potential those events will have for me.

Overall fun event.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU. I set Kyne for my 39 lvl sorc, but yesterday visited Malacath with a friend. No performance issues at all, and PVP is fun despite I'm a PVE player.
    I love th event!
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people saying performance is ok should also say what campaign they are playing.

In Shor, not prime time I was getting ok performance. Vivec, no matter what time I am getting horrible performance.

I was high enough on the leader board to get gold jewelry think campaign before the event. Hope I haven't lost that position because the event has kept me out of Vivec.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event and the IC event are my favorite ones of all of them. I have not had any problems (yes, I know I'm fortunate.. but I turn off most of my addons before coming to Cyrodiil) so far and it's been really fun for me!! I'm also happy to see new people trying out PvP. Hopefully, we'll turn some of them into PvPers! ;)
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been having fun with it, getting my tickets and plenty of boxes and AP with no issues.

The only technical problem I ran into was with my DC character. I was 1v1 with an EP when I noticed several things in a split second. My abilities were not firing, I could only light attack, he had frozen in the air as if he was jumping and was not taking any damage.

At first I thought I had disconnected, but then the screen flashed and I was dead on the ground and he was just walking around me, perhaps as confused as I was. I still have no idea what that was about, but at least it only happened just that once.

Though the most fun I have had with this event occurred late yesterday. My DC character picked up a scout report somewhere deep in EP territory. Did it, then decided to go to nearby Cheydinhal for some easy quests.

Snuck in carefully, alert for any hiding and skulking enemies. Didnt see any, (yeah I know the good ones you will never see anyway) got the first quest when 2 EP came riding up on me.

I froze as I noted they were both 100+ CP more than me and were very high rank compare to my measly grade 1 sergeant. Obviously not some PVEers looking for some peaceful event quests.

But to my surprise they left me alone, and I was more than happy to do the same. As time went on more EP showed up, as well as AD, and even a small handful of my own.

We all just quested together. If we were attacking the same NPCs, we were careful to take turns and not hit each other. Then run back together to turn in. I have seen before 2 sides work together in the past (usually against the 3rd), but it was the first time I have ever seen all 3 do it. It was a pleasant experience (for Cyrodiil) and a lot of fun.

But I forgot one thing. War never changes.

I hate to admit it, but I was the first casualty. I ran up to the guy quest giver and was turning it in when I heard the noise and saw the red ring. As I backed out to fight, he delivered the killing blow. I never had a chance.

I didnt rez, I just watched. The EP rogue ran over to the female quest giver and hid. Meanwhile 3 EP had rode up to my corpse. An AD ran up to turn in at the female and met the same fate as me just as several other AD and one DC arrived.

They took turns and quickly sent the renegade EP straight to oblivion, while his own just sat there and watched. The dead AD as well as myself were rezzed by our own. The EP was not. We went back to questing.

Even though dead, it was probably the most fun moment I ever had in Cyrodiil. So yes, to me this event is a success so far.
    Edited by Vulsahdaal on January 12, 2019 3:52PM