The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it fair to excessively outnumber 1 player in PvP (everyone hitting him/her at the same time)?

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the PvP-land fanatics? Yes

I don't PvP at all and accept that is how PvP works. You know the whole thing about all is fair in love and war.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😂 lighten up, bud!
    I would but horse simulator in cyrodil is just- ugh. That’s like the only part I dislike about pvp tbh

That's if you're lucky and can even mount with the stuck in combat bug we're dealing with!
    Oh god something like that happened to me in the overworld once, my main kept pulling out his weapon and put it away (and repeated this at least 20 times) when there was nothing there and he was in a town.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it. And often time rss fairy complain about zerg when they 3v1 all the time.

This. Even some of my friends do it. They complain about being "zerged", but have no problem ganging up on solo players who come to take back rss lol. It can be annoying getting constantly ran down by large groups of players. You have to learn to pick your fights and just accept the times you get overrun and overwhelmed.
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, the best is when you're 1 person on the way to some destination and a zerg of 15 to 20 not only run you over, but teabag you after XD like im so sorry I inconvenienced you by dismounting so you could 20 to 1 me with an easy kill. XD
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's PvP - they will attack until you go down - there's no quarter really.

There's quite a few very tanky builds which legit require multiple players to whale on the build to bring them down - and even then it's not a quick process.

I'm often very surprised at how much punishment a PvP tank can take.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna duel go to Wayrest.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty standard practice in every game I've played *shrug* I figure it comes with the territory and roll with it. Or in my case, get steamrollered by it :D
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lathrop3 wrote: »
    The argument can be made that what is right in playing a game is to win, and what is wrong is to lose.

Thus, if you subscribe to such belief, then whoever is on the winning side is the one who was 'right'.

So if OP is on the winning alliance he is right? That does not make sense.

What does make sense is doing what it takes to win which would include not letting one enemy live, period.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the zerg gets ya, the zerg gets ya man. That's all there is to it. Unless they're following you around harassing you, just accept the load screen and move on.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it right for everyone in a dungeon to hit the same boss? :open_mouth:

This lol 😆 I like to pester groups while they're trying to siege my alliance's keeps, so yes, I deserve 20 people sending me to oblivion 🔪
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It's open world PvP.

X is an undecided variable between 1 and population cap.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    It is ok I was testing my taunts. They worked HaHa.
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never assume a group is going to ignore you just because you are alone.

You gotta escape (if even possible) or fight. Always nice if you manage to at least take one down with you... Even though they'll get rezzed.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean, it's great fun, snares/CC's, constant draining yay whoop de do, no wonder PvP is dying a slow death.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having to stay at a location for the tick makes it easier to chase down squirrels since you can chase them pretty far and still get your AP.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • GreenLegendRan
    PvP isn't like movie fights, kid
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red is dead.
    Tho, I usually don't interfere in 1vs1
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    Never assume a group is going to ignore you just because you are alone.

You gotta escape (if even possible) or fight. Always nice if you manage to at least take one down with you... Even though they'll get rezzed.

If the odds are against you, why fight? In GW2 WvW, I'd just lie down and die. They cut down on my entertainment, so I figure why should I be theirs?

I don't have a problem getting ganked, but I'm not going to make my ganking fun for anyone else :D
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😂 lighten up, bud!
    I would but horse simulator in cyrodil is just- ugh. That’s like the only part I dislike about pvp tbh

Oh really? Do we need to back to your previous comments about PvPers from the last Midyear Mayhem? I can pull them up if you like cause it seemed that it was more than horse simulator that you hated about PvP lol.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's is neither right nor wrong. Sometimes it's situational and the rest of the time just adopt your own stance on it. I just treat other players the same way I would also like to be treated. If I come across a solo player I will most likely engage, if other people pile on them Im probably going to back off even if it means they die, I do not believe people should crutch off others for a win especially when a lot of those players are inclined to tbag after like they accomplished something (great job on the surprise attack spam Timmy). If I see X amount of players going after one person I'm definitely not going to join in unless I feel like there is the chance more players are going to join that person and said person is distracting people from repairing or some such. Open world, I try to adhere to a more or less even numbers game just out of respect for people trying to have fun. Damage is too high and too easy to dish out, dog piling gets you nothing and just makes the game a little more frustrating for someone else. That said I understand, especially during an event like this, when 10 players can go down to 1 person and zerging is necessary. So use your own skill level to judge whether your involvement in a fight is necessary.

One thing I really think people should stop doing is running away. Who does that help? Stay and fight and learn from your mistakes if you lose. You can more easily teleport back at Bleak's than running all the way back from Ales farm lol.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😂 lighten up, bud!

Oh really? Do we need to back to your previous comments about PvPers from the last Midyear Mayhem? I can pull them up if you like cause it seemed that it was more than horse simulator that you hated about PvP lol.

Maybe his/her feelings about pvp have changed. I hated it the first couple of times but I really wanted caltrops. By the time I had unlocked them, I found that I really like pvp. Cyrodiil and bgs. It's crazy right. Finding out you like something that you weren't planning on liking.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, it's a War. There's nothing fair about War.

You have one primary objective, engage the enemy until they stop moving.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    try taking down s. draconis aka sennacared333 without some help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icC5fByfrb8&t=1498s
    Edited by irswat on January 12, 2019 5:45AM
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not right but certainly not wrong

It's a war zone: kill or be killed

I once tried to be nice and let someone go, he came back with friends to kill me.... so now its kill on sight. If you re in cyrodill it s fair game
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif

But seriously. Usually best to just kill them. There have been a couple times where I was willing to just let someone pass and they then start attacking even outnumbered. Or they try to pick off someone in the back. I usually will just go ahead and kill them with the group and be done with it. Sometimes; when I know who it is, I will sit back and watch because I know they are going to farm some people. And if I know them to be a bomber; I dont want to get anywhere close to the low crit resist, low health builds trying to fight them
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s not right or wrong. It just is.

rip decibel
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess it would depend who you ask.. Role players and zerg players would probably have a different answer than solo and small scale players...

As for me, well i think it makes sense but i personally dont do it unless someone does it to me first.. If there are 3 blues fighting one guy, why should they need my help? Its one guy, they should be able to handle it.. And if they cant, well then its a good lesson for them to have.

And ive always thought solo was like that. At least a year or so ago. 1 person killing 2, 4, 5, 10, players should be a learning experience for those players and hopefully make them better.. And that was the skill gap in the game. Very good players could kill players who were not so good, even if there were 10 of them.. But now the game isnt like that. A few very bad players can kill a very good player, depending on what mechanics they use.. Plus everyone's a tank in murkmire.

Plus as a solo player i try not to outnumber others, who dont do it to me first, because i dont need the odds stacked against me any more than they already are. There are many players who wont jump in on me when i am getting outnumbered, but obviously there are many more who do.

And i do the same. Sometimes its out of respect because i know that players good, sometimes its just because they've never done it to me, and sometimes i just want to see if they can kill the multiple players.

But in the end i guess it just comes down to how you want to play the game.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s whatever but it’s a clear indicator that you aren’t that good of a player if you’re with 30 people chasing down one person that isn’t contributing to the map.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it right? Probably not. It's a bit more center - left.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not a 70s b-grade karate film where everyone attacks one at a time.

It's also why only one of my characters has ever been to Cyrodil to check it out and the other 7 have never set foot in the place.

You can get Rapid Maneuver just by doing the first quest you see when you port into Cyrodiil, no fighting required. Also gives two skill points.
    Edited by Everstorm on January 12, 2019 10:13AM