The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it fair to excessively outnumber 1 player in PvP (everyone hitting him/her at the same time)?

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP isn't considered fair. The only goal is to win with by whatever means the game allows. So yes it is fair.

Fair is irrelevant. It's rude and shows a disregard for other people's time.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I get put in that position of being alone against a group, I try to make myself as tough to kill as possible. My ult gen is great, so I can spam it the more I take damage and heal a bit easier, then I resort to spamming snares in an attempt to be as obnoxious as I can. Im not fast enough to even try escaping. If its a group of gankers, well, I can also spam snipe too.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    There's no firsties in war. You're there to kill the enemy and if you want to stand around and discuss with your alliance who saw the enemy first then what kind of game are we talking about here?

Then you have a blatant disregard for people's time. Everyone plays this game to have fun or get some enjoyment out of it. Being attacked by 20 different people is not fun and you being one of those 20 doesn't really add much to your day so yeah it's pretty rude.

Very selfish point of view. For me it's fun to chase a player half way across the map with a full group of 24. Then teabag him when we finally put down the ***.

So what you're saying is that i have no right to have fun, because what is fun for me isn't fun for you. Very selfish indeed.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only just recently hit lvl 50 with my main (who was also my first character), and I'm only at CP66 at this moment, and I don't even have her build anywhere near endgame-viable. A wee little dragon-frog could sneeze and kick my butt.
    (my other eight characters are all around lvl 20, so they don't even count, yet.)

I may, or may not, get into the PvP scene one day, but I'm SO not there, yet.

I have been in Cyrodiil, once, though (with one of those alts), to nab a couple of lore books, and I had no expectation of surviving the experience without getting rag-dolled.
    (It didn't happen on that day-- it was before the Mayhem event started --so I guess the Gods of Pity were looking out for me...)

ANYway... my long-ass point being, you set foot in Cyrodiil, you're fair-game.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Is it fair or right when there are like 10, 15, 20 persons attacking just one player in PvP? All hitting the poor guy at the same time sending him/her to oblivion?

That depends, if you are one of the attackers it's ok, if you are the one being attacked it's totally unfair
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP isn't considered fair. The only goal is to win with by whatever means the game allows. So yes it is fair.

Fair is irrelevant. It's rude and shows a disregard for other people's time.
    The expectation that others should conform to the ethics of an individual or sub-community outside of the normal rules of the game is selfish and completely unrealistic. You should respect that AvA is played by a wide variety of players on public servers and they may have different preferences than you.

Fighting an opponent within the rules in a PVP game does not show disregard for their time and it cannot be rude because it is purely the prerogative of the individual player to engage or not engage. The only way this could possibly be considered rude is if there is an alternate agreement in place.

When a player gets zerged down, it's the result of their own decisions that they alone own. They messed up.

Besides, it's rare for an "innocent" player to get zerged down -- if there can even be such a thing. Most players who get zerged down were poking the bears.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's good to let one get away, so they can reload the AP Pez machine aka pop a forward camp ;)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if it was ERP that would be brutal :D
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's "fair" but it's pretty lame and sad when those 20 players will tryhard a single player for 10 minutes and chase him from 1 keep to another till they get that 50 AP each. Also in 99.99% of the cases not a single one of those 20 players could do anything to a half decent player when they are solo...so yeah it's "fair" but you're a bad player and a tryhard if you do it.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get overrun by a raid when solo, it's kinda you're own fault for not being careful. People playing specifically for the map+faction and not just PvP, doesn't care about things like fair and even numbers.

A single player can still cause problems, so it's understandably they clear the area and make sure every enemy is dead, even if it means 10v1. If you leave one they can set up camp, re-contest the keep etc.

It's silly when large groups hunt a single guy for like 5 minutes though. But normally means the campaigns is unbalanced with no real action. People wouldn't waste time zerging a single enemy otherwise. No clue why they're not changing campaign? I guess for them "winning" over a rare enemy here and there is more fun that regular PvP?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no 1vX without the X. It's disappointing when the X is more than you can handle, but them's the breaks.

However, if your map focused raid group spends 10-20 minutes chasing squirrels and and ult bombing singles, I don't understand how that is a remotely useful or fun use of your time. It's one thing to hunt down that last nightblade from another raid you wiped -- forward camps are a thing, and a large raid in your backyard is a threat -- but if a small group is keeping you occupied at a resource while you lose keeps on the map, you are getting the worst of that deal.
    Vapirko wrote: »
    One thing I really think people should stop doing is running away. Who does that help? Stay and fight and learn from your mistakes if you lose. You can more easily teleport back at Bleak's than running all the way back from Ales farm lol.

People don't like dying in a video game. Means you have to drop another quarter in the machine.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    There's no firsties in war. You're there to kill the enemy and if you want to stand around and discuss with your alliance who saw the enemy first then what kind of game are we talking about here?

Then you have a blatant disregard for people's time. Everyone plays this game to have fun or get some enjoyment out of it. Being attacked by 20 different people is not fun and you being one of those 20 doesn't really add much to your day so yeah it's pretty rude.

You are just substituting rude for fair, and again no one has the same definition of fun nor can anyone claim what adds or distracts from someone else's enjoyment.

It took me a long time to climb off that honor horse you are riding so I understand how you must feel, but you really have to grasp that your opinion and goals of the game are not important.

We do not get to assign our morals to other people, nor do we get to judge them because of the way they choose to play a game.

If they are cheating, and i mean outright cheating, not acting in a way you disagree with, report them.

If people choose to farm new players or build to bomb you or run 60 man groups, you or I have no right to judge or ask them to "play the right way".

If they are within the established rules and not exploiting systems, you either fight and die, fight and kill or disengage. Assigning some moral outrage isnt going to make it better or make them stop.

TL;DR a person's and honor code are not relevant to this game and its pvp.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • SDraconis
    SDraconis
    ✭✭✭

There's something he says in the video that doesn't make sense to me. He says that the difference bewteen 8 pieces of Sturdy and 6 pieces is HUGE... like it triples the cost of block by going down to 6 pieces. This doesn't make any sense at all!

Does anyone know what he is talking about?

Hey @Emma_Overload,

So this vid was created 2 years ago prior to the block cost calculation change. Back then your block cost was calculated by multiplying %'s first THEN subtracting flat jewel enchant values. This means that on a min/maxed setup 6 sturdy would provide ~120 block cost, 7 sturdy 80 cost, and 8 sturdy 40 cost.

Nowadays they subtract flat cost reductions BEFORE % so this dynamic no longer exists. The block cost can still be min/maxed down to ~200-250 which still lets me permablock while saving S/B absorb magic stam heal for emergencies. However, you are punished much less on min/max builds for mixing a couple impen pieces in.
    Edited by SDraconis on January 26, 2019 1:23AM