The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/
Maintenance for the week of January 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 21
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Is it fair to excessively outnumber 1 player in PvP (everyone hitting him/her at the same time)?

  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s war.... R’WAAAR....

    But what is it good for?
    Gamer tag: ShenronNacht NA Xbox One
    1000+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s war.... R’WAAAR....

    But what is it good for?

    Absolutely nothing
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    It sucks when your'e a newby to PVP (like me) ! I am constantly getting killed BUT when you manage to kill a player (or 4) from a different faction it's like woo hoo!!

    I don't think I will ever like PVP because I am not good at it ... but I said the same thing about entering dungeons, group and public.... lol

    Everything is a learning curve keep trying and also try to follow or join a group it does make it a bit easier!

    PVP players will attack a lonesome player because it means points for them and, fair or not, that's the way it is

    Edited by Aurayna on January 12, 2019 8:55PM
    PC - EU
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    It’s war.... R’WAAAR....

    But what is it good for?

    Absolutely nothing

    Well... i sure like my legendary rewards at the end of a 30 day campaign *shrug..



    Ehem..

    SAY IT AGAIN!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill EVERYONE. Period. Because they’ll do it to you. I get hate tells sometimes because Crushy (my MagDk can put out DAMAGE at times) and folks who were obviously 1vXing will be salty. Well they got x’ed.

    There are no rules. No one's cutting me any breaks. I got 48v1ed by these ad ball Zergs IN OUR GATE long after they stole the Scrolls. I just rezed out and rejoined the fight thinking “some of these fools are gonna die if I have to Los around a tree stump!” Lol
    Witch up, lil' witches!
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I accidentally dodge rolled off a keep wall last night like a dork. So sometimes, you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Sexy
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭
    It's war.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Is it fair or right when there are like 10, 15, 20 persons attacking just one player in PvP? All hitting the poor guy at the same time sending him/her to oblivion?
     

    I wouldn't do it. That's just me.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭
    people used to want to be good at the game. actually survive and be able to kill alone. now its just how fast you can out number and xv1 Someone or a small group.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you do an siege an an single guy come up from behind, well that is stupid.
    Same with trying to hold an resource solo and other heroic stuff.

    Now in the quest towns I say its bad form, was in an guild group and we did not go after solo players there.
    Send some arrows after them, they can be bombers but if they move out they could run.

    Had two funny ones, one guy sneaked past us, amazed of how well that worked.
    Now going AFK next to an quest giver finding yourself in the middle of an enemy raid group. /flute is an good response.
    Attacking them is not.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fair? No. Acceptable? Sure.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no honor in 1 vs 10, but pvp is not about honor is about kill whatever it takes.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    There is no honor in 1 vs 10, but pvp is not about honor is about kill whatever it takes.

    If you don't comport yourself with honour in a game, I would expect that to be a reflection of you IRL.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    teladoy wrote: »
    There is no honor in 1 vs 10, but pvp is not about honor is about kill whatever it takes.

    If you don't comport yourself with honour in a game, I would expect that to be a reflection of you IRL.

    I do a lot of things in-game that aren't much reflection of myself IRL. That's a silly conclusion.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is. Go duel if you want to 1v1. Cyrodiil is for large scale pvp.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely disagree that its ok.
    As a raid, you serve one purpose. Taking keeps...
    As part of a zerg, basically an unorganized raid, you serve one purpose. Taking keeps.

    When you zerg down one player, even if your are in a pack of three, you are wrong and deviating from your purpose.

    One player does NOT threaten your purpose....with one exception, if that one player tries to solo yolo your group. Even still once that player runs, you should have the knowledge that he he no longer poses a threat to you purpose.

    In raiding terms we call that "chasing squirels".

    If you ever....ever outnumber one player, and chase him to oblivion...you are wrong, points or not, you are wrong.

  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    teladoy wrote: »
    There is no honor in 1 vs 10, but pvp is not about honor is about kill whatever it takes.

    If you don't comport yourself with honour in a game, I would expect that to be a reflection of you IRL.

    I do a lot of things in-game that aren't much reflection of myself IRL. That's a silly conclusion.

    If you're behaving terribly towards another person, be it personally or via the internet, I'm afraid it is very much a reflection on you. That's how the real world works. :)

  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because some classes need to be balanced (sorcs), there is some BS about the fact that one person can take 17 other players at onetime and stay alive for 20minutes doing it or just not die at all sometimes.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    If you are that one person a better tactic would be to get that whole group to chase you and waste their time so they are not capturing any objectives...

    If you are standing in the way you will get run over.

    LOL! I did that yesterday! A bunch of DC were trying to take one of our resources (EP) so I went in just close enough for them to see me. They all came after me and I ran like the wind, all of them chasing me. They eventually killed me but the resource was still EP's.
    PC/NA/EP
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Is it right when there are like 10, 15, 20 persons attacking just one guy in PvP? All hitting the poor guy at the same time sending him/her to oblivion?
     

    Got caught alone in a keep during the siege? XD

    always a pleasure. :smiley:
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I've been playing cyro new to it the last couple of days. I love it and regret not checking it out earlier. I personally get a sense of satisfaction successfully evading a large group of hostles after a failed op. When I die, I just respawn and regroup. We change strategy and try again. It's fun. Its what PvP is there for.

    Edit: spelling
    Edited by qbit on January 13, 2019 5:40AM
    PC-NA: @q.bit
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that's dramatic. Saying 17 players and all...but if even two players can be tanked for twenty minutes...that a us something bad about those two players...
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    War is war and there are no rules. Basically it’s kill or be killed.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KILL ALL SPARE NONE

    Even if they are standing in a field AFK
    -PC/EU/AD-
    CP 994

    Former Empress Vex Valentino - Lvl 50 MagSorc - AvA 44
    Vex Valentino V - Lvl 50 MagPlar - AvA 21
    Growls-at-the-Badger - Lvl 50 MagDen - AvA 17
    Streaks into Load Screens - Lvl 50 StamSorc - AvA 18
    Warden Antivirus - Lvl 50 StamDen - AvA 8
    Vèx Valentino - Lvl 50 MagBlade - AvA 2


    You might know me as the guy that complains EVERYDAY in TF Vivec at AD
    In Game/Twitter DRaGoN_KoBRa
    7/7/17 The Day I was Banned on the ESO Forums

  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    teladoy wrote: »
    There is no honor in 1 vs 10, but pvp is not about honor is about kill whatever it takes.

    If you don't comport yourself with honour in a game, I would expect that to be a reflection of you IRL.

    I do a lot of things in-game that aren't much reflection of myself IRL. That's a silly conclusion.

    If you're behaving terribly towards another person, be it personally or via the internet, I'm afraid it is very much a reflection on you. That's how the real world works. :)

    If the way @DeadlyRecluse behaves in this game is a reflection of how he behaves in real life, then I'd like to move to his town.
    PC-NA: @q.bit
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is fair. It is also fair to hide in an enemy keep and take it from the inside.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    I completely disagree that its ok.
    As a raid, you serve one purpose. Taking keeps...
    As part of a zerg, basically an unorganized raid, you serve one purpose. Taking keeps.

    When you zerg down one player, even if your are in a pack of three, you are wrong and deviating from your purpose.

    One player does NOT threaten your purpose....with one exception, if that one player tries to solo yolo your group. Even still once that player runs, you should have the knowledge that he he no longer poses a threat to you purpose.

    In raiding terms we call that "chasing squirels".

    If you ever....ever outnumber one player, and chase him to oblivion...you are wrong, points or not, you are wrong.

    I guess i missed the memo promoting you to arbitrator of pvp.

    There is no objective right or wrong in pvp. You do not command a miltia, this is not a war game preparing for battle.

    If every single player online from a faction decide to chase a singular player, there is nothing "wrong" with that.

    Same way tower farmers, bomb builds, zerg distraction tanks, hideblades and snipers are neither right nor wrong.

    Now if you want to assign arbitrary rules to a group you run, by all means, but you dont get to be the judge of other people.

    Cheating is wrong, exploiting is wrong, 40v1 around the mulberry bush is pretty dumb, but not wrong or right.

    By your logic your 24 man group kills npc and sits on flag, sees opponent in distance, but does not engage because of your rules. That opponent then bombs your group and murks all 24 of you. See how many agree with you after that happens 3 or 4 times.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about fair or not but it's certainly pretty damn rude and shows you have a blatant disregard for other people's time.
    i am stronk woman
    can Dunmer have more fire resist than Breton plz?
    I record thingies for fun and for info
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC0WuLVnsW177WKkKcvNuuYA
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    There's no firsties in war. You're there to kill the enemy and if you want to stand around and discuss with your alliance who saw the enemy first then what kind of game are we talking about here?

    Then you have a blatant disregard for people's time. Everyone plays this game to have fun or get some enjoyment out of it. Being attacked by 20 different people is not fun and you being one of those 20 doesn't really add much to your day so yeah it's pretty rude.
    i am stronk woman
    can Dunmer have more fire resist than Breton plz?
    I record thingies for fun and for info
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC0WuLVnsW177WKkKcvNuuYA
Sign In or Register to comment.