Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it fair to excessively outnumber 1 player in PvP (everyone hitting him/her at the same time)?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is it fair or right when there are like 10, 15, 20 persons attacking just one player in PvP? All hitting the poor guy at the same time sending him/her to oblivion?

Edited by Dragonnord on January 12, 2019 10:06AM
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we should stand in line and take turns? :D
    Most of the time the 1 guy starts it trying to 1vX.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s PvP I don’t know what you’re expecting

Plus everyone’s trying to get those kill counts
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it. And often time rss fairy complain about zerg when they 3v1 all the time.
  • mreisse
    mreisse
    ✭✭✭
    In PvP everything goes. At least when you die you can avoid the long walk home!
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a war zone, not s duelling arena.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it right for everyone in a dungeon to hit the same boss? :open_mouth:
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Is it right when there are like 10, 15, 20 persons attacking just one guy in PvP? All hitting the poor guy at the same time sending him/her to oblivion?

Got caught alone in a keep during the siege? XD
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a 70s b-grade karate film where everyone attacks one at a time.

It's also why only one of my characters has ever been to Cyrodil to check it out and the other 7 have never set foot in the place.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, in fact it is expected.
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it. And often time rss fairy complain about zerg when they 3v1 all the time.

Shhh...3v1 with NPCs help ish small scale but 9v3 ish zerg ;)
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to Cyrodiil.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *rollseyes*
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean we can argue if it's right but whether it is or not it happens. *waves to the zerg of 50 AD who found her farming in ic last night*

It's a game. People play it. Sometimes in excessively large groups. *shrugs*
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this were a thing, you could just leave one good pvp player in each keep and the opponent would sent themselves in one at a time to be repeatedly farmed. If you go to Cyrodiil solo, know that there are larger groups out there and play accordingly. If you're looking for smaller scale, battlegrounds are that way. If that's still not small scale enough, you may want to look into dueling.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always provoke those small groups I see. Usually I finish a quest way far away from my base so I will pick a fight with a group and see how many I can take out before I get mowed down. I sometimes can take out one, maybe two if I’m lucky and Death Taxi it back home. So I’m okay with the whoopin I deserve.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are some people so entitled to believe that other players supposed to feed their 1vX terran revolving video?
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on January 12, 2019 12:52AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is one guy, then everyone ultimate dumps on 3...
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP isn't considered fair. The only goal is to win with by whatever means the game allows. So yes it is fair.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the PvP-land fanatics? Yes
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    According to the PvP-land fanatics normal people? Yes

• Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the PvP-land fanatics normal people? Yes
    Oh wow, someone putting words into my mouth. Knock it off.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    😂 lighten up, bud!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    It’s PvP I don’t know what you’re expecting

Plus everyone’s trying to get those kill counts

Pretty much this. Do not expect anyone to hold back because you do not normally do PvP. It is not like there is a flag above your head indicating your experience (though it does show your characters experience).
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😂 lighten up, bud!
    I would but horse simulator in cyrodil is just- ugh. That’s like the only part I dislike about pvp tbh
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no firsties in war. You're there to kill the enemy and if you want to stand around and discuss with your alliance who saw the enemy first then what kind of game are we talking about here?
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is fine. It's not exactly a good fight, but it's pretty normal in the chaos of Cyrodiil PvP.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    😂 lighten up, bud!
    I would but horse simulator in cyrodil is just- ugh. That’s like the only part I dislike about pvp tbh

That's if you're lucky and can even mount with the stuck in combat bug we're dealing with!
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The argument can be made that what is right in playing a game is to win, and what is wrong is to lose.

Thus, if you subscribe to such belief, then whoever is on the winning side is the one who was 'right'.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rare occassions where you might ignore someone... fishing, delves, maybe town vendors, maybe dolmens. Up to group tho.