Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Naming your Necromancer

Ackwalan
Ackwalan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I always find it a little sad when I see someone named Driiiizt. The game has been out for close to 5 years, and it can take sometime to find an unused name that isn't filled with special characters or twisted around. If you have an open character slot, you may want to make a character to "hold" the name you want to use. When the chapter releases, you can then delete that character and use it for your Necromancer.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Already did this :x But yeah I agree were all basically on the same server except for the EU folk and names are getting SCARCE. I was a bit surprised how many tries it took me to find an acceptable name, I even poured over LOTR lore for like 3 hours figuring out something lichy and most of the obscure things I tried were taken. XD

I ended up using https://www.elfdict.com/ to create a name in Tolkiens Elvish
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on January 10, 2019 11:47PM
    love is love
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My in-game chars tend to have unique names, so I'm not concerned about availability. I'm thinking more along the lines of fashion at this point.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already did this :x But yeah I agree were all basically on the same server except for the EU folk and names are getting SCARCE. I was a bit surprised how many tries it took me to find an acceptable name, I even poured over LOTR lore for like 3 hours figuring out something lichy and most of the obscure things I tried were taken. XD

I ended up using https://www.elfdict.com/ to create a name in Tolkiens Elvish

It's amazing how many people use LOTR lore to find a name. I've found even the most obscure names from lore have already been taken.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha already did! :D sry guys "Dark Widow" is already taken :D
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian called Touches-Dead-Bodies

done.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will name mine Bruce Campbell.
    Playing since beta...
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My names tend to be poetic and related to moon.
    Edited by Tasear on January 11, 2019 1:38AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I always find it a little sad when I see someone named Driiiizt.

Functionally impossible as you can use no more than two of the same letter in a row. o:)
    signing off
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mine's probs gonna be a lizard, and in the spirit of the dongers this year, something like Nulaastiid, which is Still Life Time OR Shadow-Bringer or something along those lines.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have thousands of names in file, all of them from my own imagination, or the books I write. I'm not playing necromancers, but I still have many many names that would be appropriate (without any hint of silly RL stupidity).

I invent names ever day. It's.... an exercise....
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonion Squats-on-corpses
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will call him "Mac the Romancer"

Or simply Brian and run sloads on it.
    "Blessed are the cheesemakers."
    Edited by Slack on January 11, 2019 3:10AM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh for cats'sakes. Whatever is wrong with just normal names? Why do you people need stuff that's.... just silly?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on what race I am using because I try to use lore friendly pun names.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I never make pun names. SO not my thing. I have a friend who ONLY does pun names. Each to her own.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idk honestly. I tend to switch between Lore Friendly and Pun names a bit.

Dances-With-Death
    Loves-Long-Bones
    Necros-Forum-Posts
    Steals-Your-Soul
    Black-Gems-Matter

I could go on. I think I'll make 2-3 Necros, see how I like them and decide if I keep them or not
    Argonian forever
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow... Good question....!

What race too...?

Hrm
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will depend on the race, and that will depend on how the class plays. It isn't hard to come up with "dark" names. Hopefully we get some details on the 15th so I can go ahead and pick the name and reserve it.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously I’m gonna name him “Human Resources”
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm holding the name Romances-Many-Necks for my husband who doesn't have the character slots for when the Necromancer comes out, and when he snags the name from me then I'll just be creating a character with a unique name that I know won't be be taken since all my names are my own OC's and hard to copy. ^-^
    Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Karen from finance”
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Manly-Macro
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would-Rather-Have-Spellcrafting
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a name on hold already lol. I usually have normal-ish, somewhat lore friendly type names. But this time, I have a silly name and it still makes me giggle. Its really dumb honestly lol, but it cracks me up
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna put my ideas out there but all I have to say is that they're all super edgy. True disappointment if every Necromancer name isn't
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zathras wrote: »
      My in-game chars tend to have unique names, so I'm not concerned about availability. I'm thinking more along the lines of fashion at this point.
      Same for me. Most of my characters have modified names from the lore names on UESP. I do somewhat regret not nabbing some of the in demand games at launch to sell.
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      'I-see-undead-people' :smiley:
    • Uviryth
      Uviryth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I call mine "Electronic Arts", because they are using necromancy on their games for 20 years now.
    • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
      alainjbrennanb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      it really depends if your character will remain a necro or will it become a lich, so name will depend on that
      Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike