The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

THE NEW MONTHLY CALENDAR FOR DAILY REWARDS STARTS 6 HOURS FROM THIS POST!

fgoron2000
fgoron2000
✭✭✭✭
This is intended as a public service for all ESO players because January 2019 starts in approximately 6 hours...if you don't believe me, pull up your Announcements dialog and look at the timer right in the game.

At this point, the Daily Rewards gift is not a new thing, it has been running for several months now, and players have had ample time to adjust to the way that the monthly calendar is put into place. Yet even last month, players have complained about missing the last reward at the end of the month. One of the causes of this has been that some players do not yet comprehend the Time Zone effect of this function in the game. This game is, as most are, a global community MMORPG. That means that people around the world in essentially 24 different Time Zones are playing this game simultaneously. However, as it is a real-time game, time is an important function in the game, and the game cannot accommodate everyone's own personal local time, whatever that may be. Therefore, there is a global time frame that everything references back to, and it is based on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, don't ask me why it's UTC). I think of it in general terms as local London time, although due to the same Time Zone reasons, especially Daylight Saving, this is also not always true.

Time Zones are different from each other, and Daylight Saving changes the time of day during periods of the year, but with the exception of periodic insertion of leap seconds to sync with GMT (Greenwich Mean Time, based on solar time) UTC is always exactly 24 hours, no more, no less. It is then incumbent upon the individual players to understand the translation between UTC and their own local time, so that they can stay "in sync" with whatever is going on in the game.

Most regular players will know what time the Daily quests reset, what time the Fencing timer resets, and other timed events. The Daily Reward is the same, and it's reset is every night at Midnight, UTC. People don't really have an issue with that, and translate to their own local times. However, what is different is that not only is there a daily timer, but also a monthly one. That is why the start of a new rewards calendar appears to some as a day early. And thus, depending on how many idle days in the monthly calendar or whatever other reasons, players may miss claiming the last daily reward or two.

So please, please, check your daily rewards TODAY! It just might make a difference at the end of January 2019 for you.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a time to be alive! :smiley:
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who wants to bet whether there will be crates or not?
    Playing since beta...
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

i'll guess no this month, but yes next month...

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am far less interested in the new monthly rewards (probably a new pet) than I am in the next PTS update, which might/should happen next week.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for the great crate debate.

No crates: Where are my free crates?

Crates: Typical ZOS abusing gambling addicts.
    PS5 EU.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

I bet there will be a couple. They need to give people free drug from time to time to maintain their addiction.

EDIT. OK I was wrong. No crates and it's even worse than the last month.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on January 1, 2019 12:06AM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I am far less interested in the new monthly rewards (probably a new pet) than I am in the next PTS update, which might/should happen next week.

A race change token on the final day would sure be appreciated.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A free outfit slot would be nice.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having just got three apprentices to 50 and the very last one of all being just turned 49 this one would really appreciate an enourmous xp scroll tommorow please yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    News Years resolution more boxes!

Instead of the standard khajit thing it should have an animation of my toon tearing the wrapping off the box and stuff flying out.
    Edited by Ruckly on December 31, 2018 11:34PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'm more relieved when the login rewards have nothing I want, because then I don't care when I inevitably miss the Last 1/3 to 1/4 of the month.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacrooti as an assistant pls :v
    PC|EU
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacrooti as a dps dummy pls... “gems can be traded for...” *ult dump*
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wrong. No crates this month. Lame.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ no crates, salt incoming!!!
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    Bunch of lame junk :|
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    Yep. I am kinda disappointed. The "big" reward is a non-combat pet that almost no one will use and a 100K gold that I can have in less than 10 days (stealing & fencing stuff for 10 - 20 min a day. Technically I can have it sooner if I would do it on more than one character).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 1, 2019 12:07AM
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything fun in the new months reward? :)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am excited. Lion cub!!!!! I bought the Lion. Perfect match. Least one person is happy.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riverhold pet senche cub (haven't we already got like a billion senche cubs by now) and 100k which can be made in the blink of an eye by some people. Other than that, only xp scrolls, of which I already have a bank full of and no use for whatsoever.

Well, it's not polite to complain over free stuff, but this is certainly the most uninteresting/least rewarding of the montly reward schedules thus far.

Edited by Carbonised on January 1, 2019 12:08AM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited for the lion cub, I don't have one yet, and I can definitely use the 100k gold. ^_^ Honestly...it's so much better than the ugly insect pet I got out of one of the crates on the reward calendar, I wish I could dismantle that thing and turn it into gems x.x
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Well, it's not polite to complain over free stuff, but this is certainly the most uninteresting/least rewarding of the montly reward schedules thus far.

You have to love this community!

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

You have to love this community!

:smile: This month is pretty good. I wasn't expected anything special in January, being the dullest month of the year. They did good though. 103k gold. Pet. 10k AP. 10k TelVar. Nothing worth complaining about, plenty of reason to dial in. :star:
    Edited by Elsonso on January 1, 2019 12:45AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely no incentive for me to log on in January. That makes my decisions so much easier.

Not complaining about free stuff, it's just not free stuff I'm interested in.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100K gold, nice ! But yeah the rest is meh, we want crates.
    Edited by Apherius on January 1, 2019 1:00AM
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    Yep. I am kinda disappointed. The "big" reward is a non-combat pet that almost no one will use and a 100K gold that I can have in less than 10 days (stealing & fencing stuff for 10 - 20 min a day. Technically I can have it sooner if I would do it on more than one character).

The only thing I've been disappointed about with these daily rewards so far are that everything after the big 24-25 day rewards seem like a measly pittance. I understand why the big reward isn't at the very end but they could at least give those of us who do rise to the occasion something a little better than 1000 gold.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread Started December 2018, its a Year later, why do people Necro threads :trollface:
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should gift a lag free cyrodiil
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Pacrooti as a dps dummy pls... “gems can be traded for...” *ult dump*

Still laughing at this :)
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    THE GREAT DAILY GIVEAWAY OF 2019....

WAIT... This month looks exactly like the last 30 crown crates I bought... :'(