The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Optimal Setup for stamplar

• ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any tips for surviving w/ a 2H/DW setup in medium armor? I see a lot of people running this setup but I can't figure out how to be survivable without SnB's tankiness and bow's mobility unless I invest a lot into defense. And I reaaalllyyy don't want to go heavy.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (i'm open to suggestions)
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Any tips for surviving w/ a 2H/DW setup in medium armor? I see a lot of people running this setup but I can't figure out how to be survivable without SnB's tankiness and bow's mobility unless I invest a lot into defense. And I reaaalllyyy don't want to go heavy.

Shuffle/blade cloak giving major evasion and a defensive monster helm set and keep your rune up.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    As long as they get about 4K weapon damage it really doesn’t matter. Which they should.

Anyone have any idea when WD reached it soft cap? I've herd 4500?

For instance, if I'm running warrior and rolling at 4900 wd, would I beneft from switching to say the theif, or lover?

There are no caps on WD. I think his point was that you want to aim for at least 4k WD to be able to burst most targets and have strong heals. I'm at around 5k and even then it doesn't feel enough sometimes.

PS - I would vote other as I don't feel any of the proposed setups would be optimal..at least for my style of play.

Pretty much my point. 4K is the sweet spot. It’s enough to kill the average player, there’s tanky players but they’re usually just a nuisance. Plus the fact anything above 4K should be for small group/solo play which most players don’t engage in. Build to your playstyle.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side question, what's the average uptime on the spear wall passive for you stamplars?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Side question, what's the average uptime on the spear wall passive for you stamplars?

im on xbox so i have no means of getting actual data on this but i doubt its very high. that change to templar was a straight nerf. i put temporal guard on my back bar to minimize the downtime.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Yeah, I spam jabs at times, but the timing only allows you to really rebuff 1 thing in between as it seems to start at the activation on jabs so start > ~1 sec jabs >la vigor (as an example) now at 2 > LA and you either hit jabs or you are a second without by the time the GCD comes up.

Would like it to be 5 or 6 seconds. If they dont want super tanky; maybe make it increase duration based on pieces of light and medium armor equipped similar to NBs wards with heavy armor equipped.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Shuffle/blade cloak giving major evasion and a defensive monster helm set and keep your rune up.
    I'm already doing all of the above so I guess it's a matter of gitting gud. :tongue:

Would dropping Shuffle for Quick Cloak and relying on cleanse for snare removal be a bad idea? Guess I could try Coward's Gear 2H front bar too, though my damage would drop considerably.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im on xbox so i have no means of getting actual data on this but i doubt its very high. that change to templar was a straight nerf. i put temporal guard on my back bar to minimize the downtime.
    ^ Yeah, I spam jabs at times, but the timing only allows you to really rebuff 1 thing in between as it seems to start at the activation on jabs so start > ~1 sec jabs >la vigor (as an example) now at 2 > LA and you either hit jabs or you are a second without by the time the GCD comes up.

Would like it to be 5 or 6 seconds. If they dont want super tanky; maybe make it increase duration based on pieces of light and medium armor equipped similar to NBs wards with heavy armor equipped.

Yea its not 100% uptime, which we saw with 26.666% uptime on pirate skeleton/ironclad in the editor for something like vamp cloak set (which was giving me 30-32% mitigation btw in my personal copy of the spreadsheet). Even if templar minor prot is half that, it's free dmg mitigation on offensive casts which isn't terrible since it's only GCD costs.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea its not 100% uptime, which we saw with 26.666% uptime on pirate skeleton/ironclad in the editor for something like vamp cloak set (which was giving me 30-32% mitigation btw in my personal copy of the spreadsheet). Even if templar minor prot is half that, it's free dmg mitigation on offensive casts which isn't terrible since it's only GCD costs.

Its a nice addition, which it is for magplar; but for Stamplar we lost pretty much 100% uptime and vitality for some stamina return. Was a heavy price.

Speaking of which; I'd be curious what other Stamplars are comfortable with as far as stam recovery. I tend to run right at about 2k base. I run repentence and spam that in large fights where pugs whipe and I have now switched to dual wield where heavy attacks can be a little quicker. Not sure if I need that much now along with the focus.
    Edited by technohic on January 3, 2019 9:30PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a nice addition, which it is for magplar; but for Stamplar we lost pretty much 100% uptime and vitality for some stamina return. Was a heavy price.

I agree on the healing lost for stamplar. Making some changes to AS abilities not used will help offset the duration off minor protection, since the stam regen off rune was much needed.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of which; I'd be curious what other Stamplars are comfortable with as far as stam recovery. I tend to run right at about 2k base. I run repentence and spam that in large fights where pugs whipe and I have now switched to dual wield where heavy attacks can be a little quicker. Not sure if I need that much now along with the focus.

They should’ve just gave minor protection while rune is active in general. Don’t know how they’d add minor vitality back but it needs to come back. Stamplar has taken healing nerfs back to back directly and indirectly recently, the biggest was with the crit change. Can even consider the nerf to lingering speed pots as a hit because some probably stop running them.

As far as sustain 2k is a good spot. Even with rune stamplar still has some of the worst sustain recovery once depleted, especially solo. For group play sustain isn’t an issue.